NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

HI, I am a N00b. My My name is Vache Sevajian. I am 20 Yo. I play football and throw Shotput at UCLA. I am new to the whole lifting and gripping world. heres an article about me. http://www.ironmind.com/ironmind/morenews.php?id=1894

I have closed the C0C#3 with minimum training. I closed the C0c#3 the first time i tried it. my goal is togetthe #4 in one year.

lifts

545 raw bench (new PR)...benched 495 raw when i was 19...video is on you tube under 495 raw bench

655raw squat

no dead lift

150K power clean

115K snatch.

basically i am here because i wanna be as strong as the strongest out there. I think i might have the potential and i wont know unless i try it out.

Edited by UCLA throwing

Welcome Vache, good stuff! Is Venegas still the throws coach there? I used to throw for Arizona myself. If he is, tell him I said hi.

- Aaron

hey aaron. Yes vanegas is still the head coach. did you go to arizona or arizona state? who was your coach while you were there.... i saw you on the red nail roster...congrats on that.

HI, I am a N00b. My My name is Vache Sevajian. I am 20 Yo. I play football and throw Shotput at UCLA. I am new to the whole lifting and gripping world. heres an article about me. http://www.ironmind.com/ironmind/morenews.php?id=1894

I have closed the C0C#3 with minimum training. I closed the C0c#3 the first time i tried it. my goal is togetthe #4 in one year.

lifts

545 raw bench (new PR)...benched 495 raw when i was 19...video is on you tube under 495 raw bench

655raw squat

no dead lift

150K power clean

115K snatch.

basically i am here because i wanna be as strong as the strongest out there. I think i might have the potential and i wont know unless i try it out.

Hey there! I remember reading that article on Ironmind a few weeks back! well done on the number 3, that is a great acheivement, even more so because you closed it first time :blink

I'm sure you'll get that number 4 at some point in the future! Keep us all posted on how you progress towards that goal, be interesting to see how you get on.

:rock

hey aaron. Yes vanegas is still the head coach. did you go to arizona or arizona state? who was your coach while you were there.... i saw you on the red nail roster...congrats on that.

Thanks, I went to Arizona, and Mike Maynard was the throws coach then. He's Head coach up at Boise State now.

- Aaron

I'm a 25 year old male 6'2" 235lb. I'm a Virgo, I enjoy long walks on the beach, and dinner by candle light. Wait...

Seriously: I've been moderately training grip now for about 2-3 months. Started with a Heavy Gripper 150, knocked it out for reps on day one. I picked up a CoC #2 and can no set close it in my right hand but I'm still struggling with my left to fully close it. I've also started levering with an 8lb. sledge and can bang it out for reps with my right, but I'm struggling for a single with my left. I've also gotten through a few phone books.

I'm hoping to increase my knowledge of all aspects of grip strength, get certified in CoC #3, and start bending. Any tips and/or training routines would be greatly appreciated. Also, anybody in the DC area who wants to get a workout in - give me a holler!

Goody

lifts

655raw squat

no dead lift

150K power clean

115K snatch.

Welcome, Vache !! I read the IronMind article about you and what tremendous potential you have. I look forward to reading about your training and your assault on the #4.

.. neilkaz ..

I'm a 25 year old male 6'2" 235lb. I'm a Virgo, I enjoy long walks on the beach, and dinner by candle light. Wait...

Seriously: I've been moderately training grip now for about 2-3 months. Started with a Heavy Gripper 150, knocked it out for reps on day one. I picked up a CoC #2 and can no set close it in my right hand but I'm still struggling with my left to fully close it. I've also started levering with an 8lb. sledge and can bang it out for reps with my right, but I'm struggling for a single with my left. I've also gotten through a few phone books.

I'm hoping to increase my knowledge of all aspects of grip strength, get certified in CoC #3, and start bending. Any tips and/or training routines would be greatly appreciated. Also, anybody in the DC area who wants to get a workout in - give me a holler!

Goody

Welcome to the board!

Great start to your grip career, well done on the number 2 coc gripper!

If you're serious about bending then you might want to check out the following...

http://www.strongmanfeats.com/TheGazzaStrip.html

nice article by a guy on the boards called 'Gazza'

also,

http://www.gripfaq.com/

another very informative web site.

Check out the link at the top of the page also, that will take you to fat bastard barbell co, you can buy all the steel you'll ever need to bend from there (good service and quality of steel).

That's a good start i reckon, hope it goes well for you. By the sounds of it that CoC number 3 better watch out, you'll be mashing it by the end of the year i reckon!

all the best :rock

Many thanks! I'll check out the links for sure...I'm always looking to learn. I've been to the Fat Bastard Barbell Co.'s website - they have TONS of products (I'll be ordering soon). I found this site and the Fat Bastard site through the Diesel Crew's website (www.dieselcrew.com). Dude's really inspired me to get at the grip/unconventional strength training. I'm going to kill the CoC #3 this year - for sure.

Thanks again for the kind words.

Goody

Edited by Goody

n00b to grip strength here. I joined to get a few ideas for training for hard rock climbs...would like to get Eugene Sandowish power (one arm, one finger pulls on each digit)...can currently do 2 finger pulls with both arms so have quite a ways to go...

6'3", 180. Working on prep exercises from Dragon Door and beastskills has already shown improvement in my overall core strength--crucial to climbing.

DSCN0865.jpg

Look forward to training for crushing pinches and other holds on the rock...

Edited by 426

Hi,

I'm new here. I've been meaning to join up for a while now and finally got round to it the other day. I'm a 33 year old woman with absolutely no hand strength. I'm 4'11" and 112lbs. My goals are not to achieve mega grip strength but just to improve my currently feeble strength to aid with the sports I do. I'm a martial artist who finds that my lack of grip severely affects my ability to grapple, to put locks on and to do some weapons work - I find it difficult to keep a hold on anything and I've recently started climbing and again my grip limits the routes I can do. I would also like to be able to open bottles without the hassle I currently experience! :)

Anyway, I'm going to lurk quietly and pick up some useful training information.

Thanks in advance for any help I receive!

Frodocious

Hi!

I'm Italian, I'm almost 24 years old, I'm 173 cm and 70 kg (I use european system for measurement).

I knew about grip training some days ago, looking for something to improve my forearm and grip strenght, that's really poor.

I bought HG100, 150 and 200 from USA, I think I should have them next week, I can't wait to start training!! After my purchase I also knew about CoC, maybe I should have bought them, are they much better? More or less, how can I compare the 3 HG I bought with the numbers of CoC?

Thank you, great forum!

Happy Easter to everyone!

:D

hello gripboard community, just let me say that there is great group of people on here from what ive seen so far. my name is Charlie,i have been training grip on and off for about a year,and have recently got serious about it, i am 36,about 5'6" 155 lbs. i am considered a small hand at 7 1/4". i like to workout with my coc grippers, i can close the 2 with my right and about a 1/4" away with my left. i have been trying to get my left even with my right. i also train with v-bars,rolling thunder,pinch blocks and hubs and i recently got a 42 lb blob. also do convebtional free weight stuff. plus the grippers,health balls and extensor bands. i did attend the tps grip assault as a spectator,i went with ox3782, the show was great,met jedd and brad and all the others who were there,a bunch of really cool people. ox and i plan to got the ggc, i would like to compete,i wont set any records but i think it would be fun,except the bending, i try and try and i just have alot of problems bending????? well i hope to talk to many of you in the future and good luck to all.

Figure I'll get a few in one post.

Hi!

I'm Italian, I'm almost 24 years old, I'm 173 cm and 70 kg (I use european system for measurement).

I knew about grip training some days ago, looking for something to improve my forearm and grip strenght, that's really poor.

I bought HG100, 150 and 200 from USA, I think I should have them next week, I can't wait to start training!! After my purchase I also knew about CoC, maybe I should have bought them, are they much better? More or less, how can I compare the 3 HG I bought with the numbers of CoC?

Thank you, great forum!

Happy Easter to everyone!

:D

Welcome to the forums! The COC's are great grippers but the HG's you bought are good to start off with especially since COC's would be alot more expensive for you. Strength-wise HG100-150 is around the COC Trainer-#1 and I've never tried the HG200.

Hi, my name is Rawplayer. I'm a dutchbodybuilder and i'm on this forum the read stuff about griptraining :D

Welcome!

hello gripboard community...

Welcome, looks like your off to a great start!

Hey everyone. My name's Jeff and i'm from Vegas. I'm 19, I started off working out for mostly vanity purposes but have since adapted to working out for other benefits. I can almost close the CoC #1, hope to be able to close the 2 in the next couple of months and eventually certify on the #3.

Hi, all you strong people. I´m Tomi Kujala, 30 years, from Finland and i´am trying to get better with my grippers. I´ve been lurking here for few months and now it´s time to introduce myself. I´m 192 cm (6"5?) tall and i weight about 100 kilos (220 lbs?). I have been training with my grippers about year and half now. When I started this, november 2005, my level was Coc #2 almost locked. Yesterday I made my new personal best and closed my Rb 260 (rated 3.20) with mm set. My next goal is to close the Coc #3 with cc set, and my Coc#3.5 with mm set. Some day I will certify the #3, maybe some day I can close #4.

Hi, all you strong people. I´m Tomi Kujala, 30 years, from Finland and i´am trying to get better with my grippers. I´ve been lurking here for few months and now it´s time to introduce myself. I´m 192 cm (6"5?) tall and i weight about 100 kilos (220 lbs?). I have been training with my grippers about year and half now. When I started this, november 2005, my level was Coc #2 almost locked. Yesterday I made my new personal best and closed my Rb 260 (rated 3.20) with mm set. My next goal is to close the Coc #3 with cc set, and my Coc#3.5 with mm set. Some day I will certify the #3, maybe some day I can close #4.

Great level of grip strength by the sounds of it! welcome to the boards!

nice avatar pic by the way :D

Thanks. These plastic "grippers" aren´t made for real training. :tongue

Thanks. These plastic "grippers" aren´t made for real training. :tongue

it would be brilliant if you went back to the shop and asked them for a refund! :laugh i can just imagine the look on the faces of the people working in the shop, nice one :rock

Hello, folks, I'm new here. I am interested a good bit in learning to bend steel, as that is just cool. Anywho, just thought I would stop in.

Hey, I joined here two months ago when I first started looking into grip training, still haven't posted. I've been looking to improve my grip strength since wrestling New England's, when I got pinned in the semis by the only guy to ever have pinned me more than once. His nickname's Iron Grip, he's a rockclimber, and has the tightest cradles I've ever experienced. Like him, I'm a junior in high school, and I want to have the advantage he has in grip strength for my final year of wrestling. Ordered my CoC trainer early March, out of the package I just missed closing it with my right, and I was about half an inch off on my left. By the end of March I could do 15 reps each hand, so I ordered a #1. Just closed it for the first time yesterday, and my left hand is a far away as my right was two weeks ago. I'm aiming to close the #3 by next wrestling season (yeah I know, thats not much time).

Anyway, hi!

Mx7f - WELCOME. You have a wealth of grip knowledge on this forum right at your finger tips...literally. Train hard and crush dudes on the mat.

Goody