NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

I posted back on 7/6/2005. Trainer was pretty much my crowning achievement. I can now close the 1 with both hands, and I can get the #2 to parallel. The #2 is proving a bit tough. :whistel:trout

Edited by br0d

Hello Everyone, I've been on the Gripboard for a while but have yet to make any posts. Just wanted to Introduce Myself.

My name is Joseph

I am a University Student in Albany , NY.

I will be graduating this year and then hopefully going to Japan.

I have heard that Grip Strength training is becoming quite popular in Japan and I am going to work hard to find people that are into it.

I can currently close the #2 gripper and am thinking about getting #3 soon.

On good days I can tear through about fifteen or twenty 60d's , but thats about it for now.

I enjoy climbing both trees and mountains, its great to feel the coarse bark of trees or sharp rock on my hands.

Also I enjoy swimming in the ocean.

I am 150 pounds.

My current Deadlift is 210 pounds. Bench 160 . Squat 170.

And i am carefully and steadily progressing.

Lately though i have been trying to get my 3-mile run down to twenty minutes, it is at about twenty four as of now.

I am learning new things about training efficiency everyday and I have never felt healthier in my life, which has been quite short.

Yoroshiku na!

Nice to meet you all

Hi everyone im new to this forum stuff so i hope im doing this right.

Im 31 yrs old and ive been doing grip training for a month got my first CoC #1 in August and i can slam it shut going to get the Trainer though so i can add a few more reps then 10 after i use the trainer for a month ill get the #2 and then go back to the #1 for higher reps im 5'9" 180 so i guess thats all thanks

HI I'M CHAZ . I HAVE BEEN GRIP TRAINING FOR AROUND 3- 5 MONTHS. I'M 16 YRS OLD, 6'2 , 195LBS AND HAVE ABOUT 8 INCH HANDS . I HAVE CLOSED THE COC T, 1 AND 2 WITH MY LEFT HAND AND THE COC T, 1 ,2, BBSM AND HG250 (FILED) WITH MY RIGHT HAND. I HAVE BENT A LITTLE BIT BUT NOTHING BIG. PINTCHED 2 25'S AND YORK 30 FROM THE FACE AND ALSO SNATCHED BY THE FACE. WHEN I POST IT WILL MOST LIKELY BE ABOUT THE STGRENTHS OF GRIPPERS. :flame:trout:mosher

GOALS BEFORE I'M 18

CERTIFIED COC#3 AND MM LEVEL 2

PINCH 2 35'S

BEND BLUE NAIL

Edited by stranger

Since posting here is mandatory and I always obey the rules (honest, I do) I am posting here.

The name's John, and I have just recently discovered the joys of grip work. I now want to learn how to crush a chunk of coal into a diamond.

I have just gotten into the world of grip strength. I got my COC 1 yesterday and closed it with my right and left hand. I am 5'9 and 175 with a best deadlift of 325x2 (mixed with no chalk or straps). I want to be able to hold on to more weight in the deadlift as well as have more strength for moving heavy objects or whatever comes up that needs to be done requiring a lot of strength.

Right now I am training my crushing grip for priority, then pinch, and finally wrist strength. I get enough of supporting grip training from my regular workouts.

Russ

Hi everybody

First time posting here, so heres a little about myself.

I have been gripping for about 2 years now. I own ironmind grippers and bb grippers. I have some grip machines also. I workout with Kettlebells and clubbells. My goals are to get certified with the No. 3 ironmind gripper and after coming to the conclusion that the mind blocks alot of people from the No. 4 gripper, that one also. I like this place alot and have alot of questions.

Josh :)

Hello fellow addicts. My name is Scott, I'm 31 years old and started grip training seriously about 3 months ago. I'm 6' 6" 212lbs. I have an Ivanko Supergripper and can almost close it on the 280 lb setting. I'm looking to get a CoC gripper to see how I stack up. I also just started levering, phone book tearing and card tearing. So far I've torn a 600 page book, and a 950 page book, as well as half of a deck of pretty high quality cards (my wife was a little upset). I look forward to using these boards.

I am 5'9 and 175 with a best deadlift of 325x2 (mixed with no chalk or straps). I want to be able to hold on to more weight in the deadlift as well as have more strength for moving heavy objects or whatever comes up that needs to be done requiring a lot of strength.

Russ

Russ,

That is pretty much in line with what I am working on. I would encourage you to follow my blog. It's all beginner stuff right now but in November I am going on a mission for phenominal supporting strength (to hold greater and great dealifts). It sounds like your supporting strength is about the same level as mine, I think we could help each other out.

Hello.

Dan, 24, from Waterloo, Iowa, but I live in Owatonna, MN now.

Just got into grip work a week and a half ago.

Found this place because of a grip training thread on the Twin Cities Mustang owner's message board.

Hello, my name is Alex--26yrs/5'10"/165/. Ive been addicted to gripwork for the past 6 mos. I am about an 1/8 of an inch away from closing my #2. Just got KTA and started phase 1 yesterday. Only one question, are u supposed to rest between negs.& overcrushes ?

GOALS-- #2,#3,#4

bend red nail

tear phone book

burst unopened can of coke

lever two 8# sledges

hoist 50# blob

CRAVE THE PAIN

I guess I will get this first post out of the way! My name is Roy, I just starting gripping last month. I ran across the gripboard on bodybuilding.com and immediately had an attraction to gripping.

I ordered my #1 gripper in Sept. and went nuts. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, but it still took me a 1 day to close it. It took about 1 week to close it everytime. I ordered and received my Trainer (should have first off) last week and I have progressed greatly because of it.

My progress so far (as of yesterday) 20 reps on the trainer and 10 reps max on the #1. I am very pleased with my progress and hope to close the #2 by my next birthday (August).

Currently I only train with grippers, but I am going to make some homemade grip tools within the next few weeks. I plan on using a baseball, a 2X4, and a 4X4, with an I bolt and chain for adding weight. I believe this will help my grip and get me in shape for the #2 and eventually the #3.

Thanks guys,

Roy

hi all-i`m bob from england-5"9 -11 stone-put on a stone altogether with abbreviated training and am interested in anything peeps did in the pre-steroid era that`ll help me grow :bow

Welcome to the board! You'll find a lot of info here, mostly geared towards grip training but you have many accomplished strength athletes here to learn from.

In trying to figure out what a "stone" is - I ran onto this neat little program called Convert. It's just a little thing that converts different items - nice for those of us who can't remember things so well.

hello my american friend! a stone is 14lb`s -10 stone is 140lb`s-which is what i started out at-12 stone is my target weight-ectomorphs are cool :cool -tried climbing last year-what a fore arm workout-what a buzz

In trying to figure out what a "stone" is - I ran onto this neat little program called Convert.  It's just a little thing that converts different items - nice for those of us who can't remember things so well.

Do you mean this one? http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=12722&hl=

It sure is great!

By the way - Welcome, Bob!

//Jim

My names is derek, i have just started grip training. Waiting for my coc's to arrive. little about me im 19 6'3" and i weigh about 260. not sure on where my grip strength is at, but im sure i share the same goals as everybody else in closing a #3 and #4 coc

Hello I am Trevor,I live in the Uk,I am 46 and having trouble with milk cartons :blink

So I have began to use grips.

Sports shop ones are now easy to close :blush so I bought a CofC no.1,and with my rate of progress being what it is, I think that I will have it closed by

xmas 2008.

Hi folks,

Paul Here,

Stats: 5,9, 240(fairly Lean) in my thirties. From a Rock out in the middle of the North Atlantic. I Have trained on/off since high school. Trained hard for the last 4 years(back to basics: the big 3). Regards to Grip I've been training with The Think bar for the last year and a half. Deadlifts with no chalk. In fact, just recently(1 year ago) I started to train both Grip and Core without any belts, wraps, straps, chalk, or anything else that would aid in a lift. Not to come down on anyone uses these things(I've always used em). But I just like the idea and the felling of RAW Power. (plus, I don't need to belt up lift a small car out of a snow drift :)

As a newbie to Grip, I've already found this forum amazing!! I've added a half a dozen new items to my grip training already. Thank you very much All!

I'm trying not to ask any stupid questions without first trying to find the info first. However, I've searched and can't seem to find any info on making my own set of Kettle Bells. I've love to train with them but the dam things are so expensive. I would really appreciate any info on this.

Right now personal goals: #3 CoC, 45lbs Plate curl, 50 lbs blob, and 5x10 plate pinch(all with out chalk)

I guess that's it, thanks for having me.

cheers,

Hello everyone, My name is Pat I am currently 41 years of age, 6'1 310 lbs.

I am a social Worker by trade but love my new discovery of grip.

My current thing was

1 can crush wal mart grippers 200 reps, need to move forward coc

2 ordered nails from ironmind and bent green on my first go so need to move forward.

3 am doing leverage work with 8 lb sledge

4 with info from the board made my own 2 inch dumbells

I am ready to make some strides and thought it was time to get involved in board discussion

Welcome Bob, there are a few Brits here!