NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Hi, my name is Zach Rounsaville. I found out about this site through the powerlifting forum on bodybuilding.com. I recently have become interested in the Captains of Crush grippers and that is what brought me here.

Welcome! How come that everyone uses the same avatar of the hulk?! Hulk is weak, didn't you know that? Lack a lot of hand strength, the poor guy :laugh

Edited by DuTCH

My name is Tredwell and I love grip training. I am 28 yrs old, 6ft 3in tall, and 210lbs. I am a helicopter mechanic for the Marine Corps. I have been lurking on this sight for a while. I am glad to see a group of professional people seriously involved in grip training. My short time goals in grip training are to close the IM #3, pinch grip 2 25's, and bend the blue nail. My thanks to everyone on this sight who contributes their training ideas, you have helped me alot.

My name is Tredwell and I love grip training. I am 28 yrs old, 6ft 3in tall, and 210lbs. I am a helicopter mechanic for the Marine Corps.  I have been lurking on this sight for a while. I am glad to see a group of professional people seriously involved in grip training.  My short time goals in grip training are to close the IM #3, pinch grip 2 25's, and bend the blue nail.  My thanks to everyone on this sight who contributes their training ideas, you have helped me alot.

Welcome to the board! I thought there was some lurking going on... :shifty

Hello my name is Dirk, 35 from Germany, i`m into strength sport for 18 years,

at first bodybuilding later on powerlifting and highlandgames.

I started my griptraining a few month ago and it`s a lot of fun I hope to increase my handstrenth as far as possible.................

Welcome, nice to have you here Dirk!

Good luck with the training. Let's start bending together next days...

:mosher

Welcome Dirk! Hope meet again while gripping! :rock

Welcome on board Dirk.

Met you at the MGC, I was the good looking bender. :laugh

Wenn hier einer gut aussieht, dann bin ich das, das wollen wir doch mal klarstellen. :D

Welcome Dirk!

hey everyone, I am a week old in the grip training, got my first pair of grippers last monday, and to my surprise I had a lot more gripping power than I thought.

I closed the 200, and 250 out of the package, and was able to do inverted closes for reps with the 200. I also came a pencil thickness away from closing the 300's out of the package. I got them all at the same time as well.

as far as weightlifting goes I powerlift so to speak, but I dont' train heavy triples singles or doubles, I just train 10 8 and 6.

as far as lifting I can bench 440 raw, and 540 with a bench shirt

squat 620lbs raw

hey everyone, I am a week old in the grip training, got my first pair of grippers last monday, and to my surprise I had a lot more gripping power than I thought. 

I closed the 200, and 250 out of the package, and was able to do inverted closes for reps with the 200.  I also came a pencil thickness away from closing the 300's out of the package.  I got them all at the same time as well. 

as far as weightlifting goes I powerlift so to speak, but I dont' train heavy triples singles or doubles, I just train 10 8 and 6. 

as far as lifting I can bench 440 raw, and 540 with a bench shirt

squat 620lbs raw

Wow, those are some great numbers! Welcome to the board! :D

Hi, my name is Glenn. I have been lurking here for a couple of weeks, and have already learned a lot. I have been into weightlifting for many years but have increased my level of focus on weightlifting, strength training and grip training in the last two years. I started out with an Ivanko Supergripper and then trained almost exclusively on an IM #2 until I could close it. I am currently training for overall body strength (especially upper body strength) and hand and wrist strength. My current goals include: closing my two RB grippers (RB 210 and RB 240N), bending the yellow nail unbraced in under a minute (I have bent an IM yellow unbraced but it took two sessions, kinking it DU style and then doing most of the work DO). I also have several goals in weightlifting - 400 lbs. deadlift (bodyweight approx. 198 lbs) (I have done 380); overhead press 125 x 10 (I'm very close); 15 pullups (I've done 12).

:DMy name is Maxwell,age 37 living in the UK,introduced to Grip bending strongman stuff about a year ago by my good friend and fellow grip maniac Gazza,when he first showed me a bent nail i was so shocked,how can someone do this,its amazing!so i just had to have a go and in a long hard painful year i have made good progress,nothing really of note and no red nail or inch pressing to boast about! just workin hard and trying stuff out,when i do something good i will show you all,till then i will enjoy all that this board has to offer,it is a very enjoyable place to spend some free time,many thanks fellow gripsters! :bow:bow

Max

Bout time you introduced yourself.

Max is doing well,all he needs to do now is push himself abit more.

He has killed 40 x60d nails in one go so has got the bending bug.

hes also a whisker of closeing the rb210.

Wont be long before hes showing this old codger the ropes lol.

Hello!

My name's Joel, and I'm a 22-year-old Swede. I've been lurking here for... well, on and off for about half a year, which is just as long as I've been training my grip. With a massive 3-month or so break in the middle.

I have IM T-#2, a BBSM, the ISG and a block weight that's rounded and weighs about 25lb. Right now I'm training for the #2 - I just recently closed it in a choker set at about parallell, but a no set close is the goal.

Hi,

My name is Chris. I am a 30 odd year old Federal Employee. The question I am asked most is " How many people work at your agency" Answer "Oh, about half".

I own the CoC Trainer and N0. 1. I can rep the No.1 with my right hand (PR is 8 reps), but my left hand close has been spotty. Somedays click, somedays just short.

I will be ordering a N0 2 on Tuesday.

Chris

I'm el4n, from CT and play hockey. Grip training is just a subset of my overall training, I'm currently working on closing my CoC #3.

Currently I only do negatives on my grippers, close them and hold them as long as I can until my hand is completely opened up from them.

Cheers

Greetings. My name's Kevin Zygmontas. I'm 34, 6'3" & 195#. Currently, I can close the #2 with my right hand and am about an inch from closing the #3. I'm here to read the insights of others, and maximize my training efforts.

I *will* eventually close that #4 if it kills me. :D

Hello all, My name is neno 24 6'1 and just got my first CoC so i'm a newb and I've always believed that if you want to get ahead or gain strength in any field you have to find a place with answers and enthusiastic people.

glad to be here, time to start absorbing knowledge

Hello. My name is Steve, and I train in Aikido and BJJ. I have been strength training for about 6 months, and a post on Bullshido.net got me thinking about grip training. I think that a stronger grip would enhance my performance in each of these areas, and it would be cool to rip a phonebook in half :) . I have read over the noobie FAQ and workout routine, and I have only one question: is anyone currently working on increasing the amount of opening power in their hands? By this I mean being able to, say, open their hands when several strong rubber bands are placed around their fingers and thumb? Thanks for any input. Great website.

I would think many people here work the extensor muscles, which are the muscles used to open the hand. In fact, Ironmind has a product targeted toward exactly that.

Guest br0d

I can totally mash the trainer. When I clamp down on the trainer with my ferocious flesh claw, the converging pillars of steel appear as if they are about to crumble into pure dust, or little shavings, or...whatever steel crumbles into whenever someone with totally incredible superhuman power relentlessly punishes it with minimal effort. :mosher

My name is Ari. I am an attorney in Miami, Florida. I have been interested in grip as well as kettlebell training.

I have closed the #2 COC several times, which impresses my friends much more than it would impress anyone here.

I currently train a lot of pinch grip with a pinch block, a softball lift, and a block weight. With the pinch block and the softball, I use John Brookfield's method of putting a handful of sand in the bucket attached to the grip apparatus after every workout.

I am Carl and a complete nub at grip training. I practice hapkido as well as workout, but just for general strength. I would like to work on my grip. I read the faq and didn't really get any of it.

1. Two Hands Pinch Lift for holds, also use work gloves to protect your skin.

2. Finger curls with an Olympic Bar, overhand grip. Hold it on the last set when you can't do anymore finger curls.

3. Two Hand Wrist Curl. Normal, with a comfortable range of motion. Do not let the bar go into your fingertips like some bodybuilders do, also do them with your thumb under the bar as you are training your wrists and don't want to fight against the thumb digit on top of the bar.

4. Two Hands Reverse Wrist Curl.

Could somebody explain what these exercises are and how to do them? Also, in my art, there are a lot of wrist lock techniques, grabs and grappling. So, hopefully I will be able to learn enough from the board to train well.

Hi everyone!

My name is Daniel, i'm 28 y o (today actually...) and a newb to grip training.

I'm 180 cm tall and weigh about 82 kg (thats 5' 10'' and 180 lbs).

I've been powerlifting for several years, but had to stop a couple of years ago because of a severe motorcycle accident. Now I'm back training, not powerlifting specifically, but more sort of allround building. And of course the grip training...

Got my CoC's in the mail a week ago, (the T and the #2), i can close the 2 with each hand, but not without effort. I've always had strong hands, and I plan to develop them further.

Oh, and I'm swedish!