NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Welcome!

I am merging this into the pinned Introduce Yourself thread.

I think Wanna can back me up on this, since I am beginning to see a trend here.

On your very first post to this forum, PLEASE introduce yourself and tell us about what your doing in terms of grip training, what your interests are in terms of grip strength, and what you want to get out of this forum.  You can also include other information that might be revelant, such as height, weight, age, etc.

Here's an example:  On his very first post, I saw a newbie boast about the accomplishments of another member (which we are well aware of), and in the process break a rule of the forum.  This led to Wanna locking the topic.  I would have like to have known something more about the newbie as well.

OTOH, I read another first post from another newbie and he went into detail about who he was, what his training background was, and what he wanted to do in terms of grip - THEN he asked a question about his routine.  IMHO, this is the way it should be.

Newbies that lurk before posting are good too.  It means that they are gathering a consensus of the forum, and are cautious to ask a question here that has been asked about a million times!  :D

O.K., I'll get off my soapbox now...  :rolleyes

Hey this is meatball, im 16

Im 6' tall 275lbs. I squat 500 , bench 320, deadlift 500 and i have a passion for grip strength. I was told about this website by my good friend R. Sorin. Well Thats about it.

Hey Guys,

This is A. Provence also known as "meatball" i work out at Sorinex Gym and have been grip trianing with Richard Sorin for about 6 Months. I just wanted to introduce myself and i am really excited to be apart of the grip board.

Welcome to the board and I AM OFFICIALLY IN ENVY OF YOU!!! Work hard and enjoy gripping! :)

HEY EVERYONE

my name is Chris Gangi i have been armwrestling for 15 years and just recently got hooked on gripping it has helped my armwrestling but mostly i just love to grip and tear stuff up.

i want to try bending what do you guys suggest i try first?

THANX ALOT

Chris Gangi

:mosher

New to the Board!

Hello everyone

My name is Joseph and I am originally from South America. Im Living in Japan now for 2 years planning on spending another 3 more until I get my PhD.

Here are my basic stats

Height: 1.76mts.

Weight: 170lbs

I have been hard training for the last 4 years although my genetics have prevented me on putting a significant amount of muscle. 5 years ago I had 2 back surgeries because of a motorcycle accident. Needless to say I spend almost 1 year in rehab because the facilities were unadequate and I was severly overweight.

I found the HG roundtable and that led me to short abbreviated workouts and from 2002 to 2004 they have proven to be very good for overall health, in 2005 I had to move a little into the volume because I wanted to get my muscular endurance high in my back and legs so I have spend this year doing deadlifts and squats plus other back exercises. Needless to say all this work has made me aware that My grip sucks!

I have had a bad history of hand, grip ailments from my childhood notably that my right arm I fractured it 3 times and my left thumb and wrist were broken too. So I have decided to focus from now as part of my regular routine to do grip and forearm training 3 times per week. I started with conventional wrist curls and reversed but my rom is limited because my right arm can not twist 180% more like 150 and whenever I force it the pain gets to be unbearable.

So I decided to do a little investment and went on to PDA and purchased a Apollon Wrist roller and an Ivanko Super Gripper. I see it as an investment in my health and power. I am unsure what my goals for grip should be because as I mentioned I have very weak wrists.

This are my gripping torque (as measured by electronic calipers in the gym)

Right arm 45.6kg

Left arm 43.1lkg

I dont want to ask any questions which have allready been discussed before, but If anyone has suffered from similar injuries and has gotten to significantly increase their grip and forearm size please I would like to know how they did it!d

This is a great site and I hope in the near future to be able to share some traning and goals with all of U.

:laugh:laugh

Hi guys, my names Tim. I'm a newbie to grip training, i bought the number 1 and 2 Captains of Crush grippers about 2 weeks ago. I'm hoping to get to close a number 3 gripper. So i'm mostly looking for ways to increase my grip strength and techniques for working my way up the Captains of Crush chain.

My interests are Kettlebell training and Muay Thai, i'm also interested in most things that require great strength!

Cheers! :)

Edited by ManiacLetLoose

I'm just a finnish boy and I am interested in gymnastics and working out. I'm not aiming for big bench presses and big muscles :) I just want to have a lot of functional strength. :P

Height: 185 cm

Weight 72 kg, trying to keep this down, so can i do one arm chin-ups :D

I don't have any grippers, but i hang from chin-up bar and use other training methods. Just tried and could pretty easily hang 30 seconds with one hand. I can almost hang from rafters, something like 10 kg to go.... I haven't tried any decent grippers but i tried to squeeze a bathroom scale, result was something like 115 kg.

I have already found many good training methods from this board, I think this is very useful board. :rock

I'll just train hard and see what I can do! =)

I'm not new to this board but I have only posted once or twice. I usually prefer to sit back and absorb what those of you who have reached the goals I am shooting for have to say. I am 26 y/o. 6'1" tall, 250 lb from Ohio. Into powerlifting, judo and have dominated the #2 gripper. I am preparing to invest in some in-between grippers to bridge the gap to the #3 gripper. I guess that's about it, if anyone has any questions or comments let me know.

Welcome to all you newer guys.

And Sawadedkrob, you should start up a separate post to ask on the board about that injury problem. It will probably just get buried in this thread.

Hello Gents. My name is John, and I'm brand-spanking new to the kick-ass world of grip. I am 24 years-old, 5'11'' and weigh 205 lbs. I've been lifting all my life, but just got serious last December. I got into grip when BodyBuilding.com featured the last Mash Monster that got inducted into the club. That lead me to the gripboard, and I was immediately hooked.

My lower arm scheme currently consists of the following things:

Grip: Crusher training, pinch block holds, thick bar holds

Wrist/forearms: Wrist Raper (a homemade device), reverse curls, barbell wrist curls

I also do finger hyper-extensions and rubber band expansions to balance out the hand.

I have made several homemade training implements that work quite well.

You can view them in my galley on this site. If anyone is interested in how I made them, or would like to ask any questions, email: ironanimal@gmail.com

My only braggable grip feat is the ability to rip a 2-inch phone book in half.

My grip-related goals are:

ripping a deck of cards, lifting the Thomas Inch replica above my head, lifting a 50lb blob, closing two #3's in each hand- simultaneously.

When it comes to weight lifting, I am an addict. I train for the sake of training. I like all the benefits (looks, strength, health) but the main reason I do it is just because I love to lift.

I am really impressed with the professionalism of all the members of this board, and am honored to enjoy the privilege of having access to all this knowledge.

Hello Gents.  My name is John, and I'm brand-spanking new to the kick-ass world of grip.  I am 24 years-old, 5'11'' and weigh 205 lbs.  I've been lifting all my life, but just got serious last December.  I got into grip when BodyBuilding.com featured the last Mash Monster that got inducted into the club.  That lead me to the gripboard, and I was immediately hooked.

My lower arm scheme currently consists of the following things:

Grip: Crusher training, pinch block holds, thick bar holds

Wrist/forearms: Wrist Raper (a homemade device), reverse curls, barbell wrist curls

I also do finger hyper-extensions and rubber band expansions to balance out the hand.

I have made several homemade training implements that work quite well.

You can view them in my galley on this site.  If anyone is interested in how I made them, or would like to ask any questions, email: ironanimal@gmail.com

My only braggable grip feat is the ability to rip a 2-inch phone book in half.

My grip-related goals are:

ripping a deck of cards, lifting the Thomas Inch replica above my head, lifting a 50lb blob, closing two #3's in each hand- simultaneously.

When it comes to weight lifting, I am an addict.  I train for the sake of training.  I like all the benefits (looks, strength, health) but the main reason I do it is just because I love to lift. 

I am really impressed with the professionalism of all the members of this board, and am honored to enjoy the privilege of having access to all this knowledge.

You are one strong dude! Welcome to the board! :)

I'm not new to this board but I have only posted once or twice. I usually prefer to sit back and absorb what those of you who have reached the goals I am shooting for have to say. I am 26 y/o. 6'1" tall, 250 lb from Ohio. Into powerlifting, judo and have dominated the #2 gripper. I am preparing to invest in some in-between grippers to bridge the gap to the #3 gripper. I guess that's about it, if anyone has any questions or comments let me know.

Welcome! If you want something in between the #2 and #3, you can put a hose clamp around the spring coils of your #2 and tighten it to make it harder than normal. The hose clamp limits the springs widening during compression and makes the gripper tougher. Make sure you get a good, strong stainless steel one from an automotive parts place. Have fun! :)

Hey guys, Buck here. I'm 29 5'9" 190lbs. I've been strength training for about 9 years here. I'm no stranger to the gym, but a newbie when it comes to grip training. I just happened to stumble across this board and now I'm hooked. Just tryin to learn as much as I can for now.

I'm looking to increase my grip strength to help me out in martial arts and also just to squeeze the hell out of things, because it's an awesome feeling. Any help or pointers...much appreciated! :)

Hey my name is Tobias and I'm from Sweden.

Weight: 78kilos

Height: 173 cm

I've been working out in the gym for about 3 years and have recently found an interest for gripping.

My name is Matt, and I was just recently introduced to the CoC grippers. After closing a friends #1 the first time I picked it up to play with it, I decided to pick up some of my own. I've lifted on and off for years (but mostly off as of the past number of years) and although I was curious I had never given hand strength serious consideration. Like most of you I'm sure, I'm now completely fascinated and am trying to dissect as much information as I can on how to improve.

I'm 5'10-11" or so, 230lbs, and just turned 22 last week. I have no specific training routine now, as it's been a long time since I've been in the gym, and I'm so new to gripping that I'm just trying to get a feel for the exhaustion/recovery scheme with my hands. I'm looking forward to reading more of the info on the forum and laying down a solid grip routine.

Skippy

This looks like a great forum!

My name is Chris Arp and I have been a high school strength coach for 18 years. We use pendulum gripper, hub grip, pinch grip, rolling thunder, thick bar curls, wrist rollers, and manual wrist roller to train our athletes grip. My next grip purchase will be the formulator. I am looking forward to learning and exchanging information.

Chris

Hey everyone,

Im glad to be a part of this board. I just started weight training in general about 5 months ago so Im pretty new to all of it. Im currently bulking to get my self out the 140lbs area and I would say Im making good. Ive gained 2 pounds this week alone, Ive never eaten this much food in my life but its working. Anyway I found grip training about two weeks ago and I have to say it one of the most addictive forms of training Ive found so far besides bodyweight training(currently working on handstand pushups).

Ive been using those crappy store bought grippers which I could close so many time in a row that I gave up counting. Today though my CoC #1 showed up, I was worried when I bought it thinking I might have wanted to get the trainer first but im glad didnt. I can currently close the #1 within 1/3 of an inch with my right hand and about 3/4 of an inch with my left hand. I thought this thing was going to be like steel but its exactly what I was looking for.

Anyway, Im excited to be here, now lets see how long it takes me to close this thing.

Edited by Only1Reason

:help Wats up every1 my name is mike and im 18. i just started bending and i think its great. i was wondering if anyone could help me with some technique. thanks

whats up guys im kev im 16, ive been in grip training since june im on here just to ask you guys question or ask for help on my training, ive always been into weight training but dident seriously get into it my sophmore year of high school but uhhh....yea thats about it my first question is gonna be how strict is the credit card set? because i can close the 2 no prob but have alot of trouble doing it with a credit card set

hey gripboard here's my stats: 25y/o, 215lb; grip training x 5 mos PR's are RT deadlift X 155, CoC #2 (x 4 right hand x 2 left) 2 x 35lb plate pinch deadlift (really happy with that) and 85 lb york DB (2 hand pinch grip) deadlift (the gym wouldn't let me destroy their dumbbells for grip training... what jerks!)

Handed my #1 to a 250lb "bodybulider" type the other day... you can all guess what happened.. hehe

favorite exercise right now has got to be all the variations of plate work (pinch grip hammer/bicep curls, plate wrist curls, etc) they really add a new dimension to arm training

billgrant = belligerent

Hi guys, I'm Dave. Heard about this forum from a guy I met in the gym. He was doing cleans with an apollons axle, so I had to talk to him. It turns out that I know squat about grip training, so here I am. I am a powerlifter considering training for some strongman stuff. I am 27 yrs old, 6 ft, 215 lb. I can close my CoC #2 pretty easy with both hands, and can almost get my #3 to click (stops about 3/8 to 1/4 inch short). I haven't got into any of the other forms of grip training yet. Key word being yet, but there seems to be something deeply satisfying about watching another man grimace when you shake his hand, so I think there is an addiction in order.

Hi Dave and welcome.

"I think there is an addiction in order."

This board and grip training is more very addictive and you have only just begun.

Good luck in your training. Learn, Train Hard, and Grow Strong. :rock