NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Hi everyone

My names Mark Im 28 5'8" , 190lb and live in the UK.Ive been interested in grip training since reading Dinosaur training.

After reading an article in a old issue of MILO I have been working on the one hand deadlift in its many variations.My best lifts at presant are 398lb on a R.Ring and 431lb on a farmers walk bar, also managed 355lb on a regular bar these are without a hook grip as im too much of a pussy to use one (dam thing hurts)

This site is great ive got some good advice from it.My goals are to close the coc 3 Ive been half a cm off for ages cant seem to improve.Im also working toward a 500lb farmers bar one hand deadlift aswell as 440lb ring one hand deadlift aswell as other goals but won't bore you with them

Hi,

My Name is Dennis, I'm 48 and have lifted weights since high school and competed in few body building contests when I was in my 20's. I am construction engineer and work at Ground Zero in NYC. Since my 30's I have trained the big 3 along with some other basics. I used to use straps for pulling exercises as I was more interested in moving the most weight. I have always done wrist roller, wrist curls and reverse wrist curls and have good size forearms for a small boned 6' 250 lb man. I played with the Captains of Crush grippers, Trainer and #1 for the last few years off and on but never seriously. This changed when my 9 year old Autisic son became interested in trying to tear my thumb off of my hand while playing with me. Rather than accomodate him, I started taking grip training seriously. I can now close the #2 and am working towards the BB Supermaster. I do pinch gripping with both the end of a hex Dumbell and plates (3 - 10's). I also do small pony clamp work for my thumbs. I am interested in making a blob, but have resisted to date and will treat myself when (if) I can pinch 4 - 10's together. For the C of C, I do alot of negatives, my weakness is at the close, which I work at with plate loaded gripper retrofitted with U-bolts so I can work the last 1/2".

I want to thank all for the insight you have provide me as a lurkers. I am truely gratefull to be in the presence of the Who's Who of Gripdom.

Hey

My name is Darren, I'm 34 6' and 230lbs. I've been lifting on and off since high school. I got my first CoC #2 about 10 yrs ago and that got me interested in lower arm/hand strenght. I got fairly serious with the gripper about 3 years ago and can get a dozen reps with it now - the last half inch of my #3 isn't going so well!

I'm also doing alot of lever work, wrist curls,deadlift, weighted dips,pinch gripping and my new favorite exercise - thick rope pullups (also weighted).

I'm looking forward to going through the pages of the board - it looks like there is a ton of good info here.

Edited by Fissure

Hello all. my friend came across a leval 3 captain of crunch gripper ( #3 written on each bottom handle..) and i have been obsessed ever since.. i can almost close the ## i am about 1/4 inch away.. i feel its good since i have never tried any other gripper besides store baught plastic ones.. so anyway just wanted to intorduce my self..my name is daniel, i am from bay area california. i am 23 6'5 240.. not a big workout guy but hopefully can get back into it :)

if your that close,..your strong in the hands my firend! and you should take advantage of that. go see how much wieght you can lift on a 2 inch thick handle and let us know! :bow

if your that close,..your strong in the hands my firend! and you should take advantage of that. go see how much wieght you can lift on a 2 inch thick handle and let us know! :bow

im not into lifting so i dont know the terms.. i am a guy so i know some stuff he he.. 2 inch bar on a dumbbell? like a concentrated curl? considering i dont work out besides a few pushups i know i am strong... i worked out my grip for about 7 days then i tried to close the #3 my friend has and came close like 1/4 inch but my amrs were very sore he he.. my friend did it 1 time but he hurt wrist.. he will join board and try again.. he is 5'8 300lbs.. big boy :)

me and him and 1 other friend are having little local arm compatition. see who can do most odd stuff with strength..

any idea on what make the 1 my friend has if it has number 3 on butt of each handle?

If there is a 3 stamped on the bottom of the handles then it was made by Ironmind. Many people have trained for a very long time to get as close as you are on the #3. Good for you.

Ironmind has a website at www.ironmind.com

Thanks.. i havent gotten it yet but hopefully 1 month.. ill post video of how much i can do it now and we will c if i can get it done :).. i saw people talking about how big hand is.. mine from bottom of palm to top of middle finger is 8.2 inches and width is (from widest part) 4.3 inches.. i think its my fingers that are not very strong.. that hinders me.. my friend brian had probally 7.7 inch hands and closed it 1 time for more than 2 seconds, his fingers are meatier.. gives him advantage i would think.. would finger tip push ups help finger strength? im assuming yes.. i also squeeze a tennis ball alot and concentrate on holding flat in palm and using pinky and ring fingers only to push in..

You've come to the right place. One thing: it's "Captains of Crush", not Crunch.......... ;)

LOL­­³

Hello all. my friend came across a leval 3 captain of crunch gripper ( #3 written on each bottom handle..) and i have been obsessed ever since.. i can almost close the ## i am about 1/4 inch away.. i feel its good since i have never tried any other gripper besides store baught plastic ones.. so anyway just wanted to intorduce my self..my name is daniel, i am from bay area california. i am 23 6'5 240.. not a big workout guy but hopefully can get back into it :)

what gripper did you get a quarter inch from?

give it a few weeks on the gripboard and youll know all the terms and abbreveations haha :)

hey guys im Scott Gibson, and i'm new to strength training. im a wrestler in high school, and my buddies wes and unseenbeat, told me i could really improve my game by doing strength training, so i've started going past the body weight excersises and am now lifting weight. not much, but im working on it.

Edited by SGibson1989

G'day all.

Tinpusher here. The name's got nothing to do with bending, although I find it rather appropriate! Its actually because when I first discovered bulletin boards I was working as an Air Traffic Controller- i.e. I was "Pushing Tin" (hence the avatar).

Just getting started in grip strength training. At the moment, I doubt I could close a CoC trainer but as soon as I get one I'll let you know.

hi everyone,

My name is Mike Winslow and i am a newbie, I have read posts here for around a month. I am 28 years old height 6'1, wt 205. I became obsessed with grippers, etc after I bought some heavy hand grippers and starting reading john brookfields mastery of hand strength. I workout with weights and incorporate hand grip strength once to two times a week.

For example my grip workout would be

1. hg 100 warmup

ivanko super gripper for a few sets currently 190 lbs once

2. lever lifts with 1 inch 35'' length pvc pipe for timed holds from ground to parallel because this is the hardest part of the lift 5 lbs clamped on

3. timed holds with 1.5 inch pvc handle with long chain with 80 pounds for 30 to 45 seconds kind of like farmer walks where i am able to lift dumbells up to waist level that way i do not have to pick up heavy dumbells from ground this was a great invention on my part because i hate having to pickup heavy dumbbells then do timed holds slamming heavy bells on ground in apartment. I hate doing barbell shrugs or holds on powerrack because somehow my back always is very sore after doing them if the weight is heavy.

4. softball lift with long chain currently 45 pounds for 5 seconds each hand

or two 10 pound plates with weight attached by chain. I can do 2 25's also for a few seconds.

5. either wrist plate curl with 20 pounds 7 reps or maybe power wrack wrist roller with 2 inch pvc with rope attached to 55 pounds for 3 complete reps this baby is a smoker.

6. sometimes i do rubber band extensors or play with chinese balls but not every week.

My current goals are to get strong enough to tear phone books or bend nails, or close a # 3 coc. So I try to incorporate exercises that work it all.

Hello. My name is David. I'm returning to the Grip Board after an absence of nearly three years. I was really into the world of gripping from 2001-2002, let it slip, and am now hoping to return to my immediate goal of closing the IM No. 3. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I haven't lost much strength in the three years. I attribute this to being a pretty dedicated powerlifter, I suppose -- hand strength never really goes away when you're doing heavy deadlifts and rack pulls. I also do a lot of Rolling Thunder work, pinching (with 25s and a loading pin), and negatives and holds with a Hammer Strength grip machine.

My immediate goal/problem: I had reached the point in 2002 where I was able to "click" my IM No. 3 together on 2 or 3 occasions, but I never was able to meet up with the IM rep to certify (we lived too far apart). I hope that I can be at this point again fairly quickly (perhaps 2-4 months). However, I've heard from friends who have the new 2005 version of the IM Nos. 2 & 3 that my own 2 and 3 are weaker in comparison, a fact seemingly supported by posts on this board. I'm thinking of ordering a new IM No. 3 so my close -- when it comes -- will be seen as more legitimate.

What do you guys think? Should I buy a new No. 3 and work towards certifying on that? Or should I work on the No. 3 I have and try to make that official? To be honest, I'm leaning towards the former. In my own mind, closing the No. 3 I have just won't seem like an accomplishment knowing that the new ones are tougher.

Edited by softhands

Hi Hank here I'm new here just started grip training. I have the CoC grippers T,1 and 2. When I first got them 3 weeks ago I could barely close the Trainer one time with each hand. Now I can close the trainer 12 times right handed and 5 left handed. I just made myself a blob from a #50 dumbbell, I can pinch it right handed but not left handed. What do you guys do for the strength disparity in the non-dominate hand ?

What do you guys think? Should I buy a new No. 3 and work towards certifying on that? Or should I work on the No. 3 I have and try to make that official? To be honest, I'm leaning towards the former. In my own mind, closing the No. 3 I have just won't seem like an accomplishment knowing that the new ones are tougher.

I think if you feel that you will be cheating yourself, then get a new one and cert on that. There is only one time to become a COC, so make it your best! Maybe you can sell your old #3 or file one of the handles and work the "Beyond The Range" area of crush. Happy gripping! :D

Hi to all My names Dale Norris, I compete in strongman competitons and Im in need of increasing my grip strength(supporting grip mostly)!

I know Steve Gardener who posts here - just a small introduction :D

I want to know what the difference between HG200 and the Ironmind grip #2 is? The HG200 is 200 lbs and the Ironmind grip #2 the same. Are they equal or is the Ironmind gripper more difficult then the HG200? Plz have to know =)

I want to know what the difference between HG200 and the Ironmind grip #2 is? The HG200 is 200 lbs and the Ironmind grip #2 the same. Are they equal or is the Ironmind gripper more difficult then the HG200? Plz have to know =)

Hg's are made with cheap steel springs, Now the lower the grade of steel, the more it is going to vary (Grade2 bolts tend to vary alot, Where as Grade8 doesnt at all) Because of this variance, there is no telling just how tough the Hg you buy is going to be(Or any gripper for that matter, But more so with the Hg's) With that being said, A normal Hg 200 is going to be around a 1.5. A number 2 will typicaly be around 1.9 to 2.1.

hi guys

my name is Dimitri. am currently living in Leeds, England. my main thing is powerlifting but ever since i picked up my 1st captains of crush gripper iv developed an interest in grip work. at the moment i can close the #1 with both hands (managed to close it my right hand with 3 fingers once). am planning to compete some point next year in powerlifting. my best lifts are

Bench: 130kgs

deadlift: 190kgs(with suit)

squat: 170kgs(with suit)

current weight is about 85kgs.

aiming to bulk up to 90kgs for my first comp.

Hi All,

First post here...I'm a 5'10" 155lb non-lifter...but I like being stronger than people expect :D

I'm currently playing around with a CoC trainer, and a Powerball. The trainer is no problem at all, can do almost 2 dozen reps on both hands with it when rested and warmed up. My wife has ordered me a #1 for Xmas, so we'll see if I'm ready to start playing with the big guns yet.

I guess I'm here to help motivate myself to move beyond the "playing around" phase into some actual training.

Hi to all My names Dale Norris, I compete in strongman competitons and Im in need of increasing my grip strength(supporting grip mostly)!

I know Steve Gardener who posts here - just a small introduction :D

Very modest intro, you're a beast in the squat, and you made the competition look like children in the barrell lift at the recent UK's Strongest Man! :bow