Chris James Training Log

ChrisJames

Thanks Big Steve, i hope your day went well and you amazed the crowds with your awesome power.

Chris Jenkins said to me " Your mate Steve is bloody huge ain't he, reminds me of the oldtime strongmen".

By the way, Steve was you wearing your leopard print leotard again !!

Terry,

You'll have to come down for a workout with us one day, we got several boys who are pulling over 320 kg and one who should get 400kg this year.With your power you'll fit right in mate.

March 21 st Monday 2011

Grippers.. Trainer x 20 , No3 x 10 , No3.5 x 5 singles

Thomas Inch high pulls .. 8 singles

Snatch with 2 3/8ths inch solid 70 kg d/bell x 5 singles, lost the last rep and the d/bell nearly went through my garage wall.

Pinch grip block , cleans , snatches , etc.

Sand bag clean to shoulder and walk .. 320lbs , i lift this in the style of Alexander Karelin, sought of grabbed in the middle and flipped up to shoulder. Start off and 220 lbs and work up to whatever i'm supposed to that day.

March 23rd Wednesday

Bench .. 60k x 10 , 100 x 5 , 140 x 3, 180k x 3 , 200k x 1 , 220kg x 1 , 230kg x 1 , 240k x 1.

Clean and press .. up to 60kg x 10 x 3 sets

Nail bending, bolt bending, leverage bar work.

Thanks Big Steve, i hope your day went well and you amazed the crowds with your awesome power.

Chris Jenkins said to me " Your mate Steve is bloody huge ain't he, reminds me of the oldtime strongmen".

By the way, Steve was you wearing your leopard print leotard again !!

Terry,

You'll have to come down for a workout with us one day, we got several boys who are pulling over 320 kg and one who should get 400kg this year.With your power you'll fit right in mate.

Yes mate, i'm sure the lads and you would put me to shame. but it would be good. over 400kg! nice, i've never been able to reach that I can still hit 360kg (my max) but wouldnt be walking the next morning!! Whats your best deadlift mate?

Hi Terry ,

I've pulled 320k x 5 reps touch and go , not paused, and 275kg x 12.

March 29th 2011 Tuesday

One hand clean and military press feet together.. up to 140 lbs x 3

One hand clean and push press .. up to 200 lbs x 5 singles

One hand high pull with Thomas Inch x 5 sets of 2

Hub lifting with 20kg plate , pinch grip block work, cleans and snatches.

Hey Chris, that a seriously strong back, and an incredible set of shoulders!! I also read your a judo man? Good lord, I bet no body wants to wrestle with you mate! Very impressive work out.

Yes , a long time ago i was an international judo player but i instruct now, way to old and pathetic.

March 30th wednesday 2011

Bench .. up to 245k , my son Dan spotting me , tripped a little as he handed me the weight and i wasn't quite ready for it .The weight come down on my chest with a little bit of control but with God's willing and pure panic i managed to press it ok.I then had a row of my son because HIS feet were too big. Couldn't really work that one out but he's bigger than me and his mother is 5 ft 2 of Welsh fury so i kept my mouth shut.

Two hands curl ez bar ... up to 120k x3 x3

Reverse curl .. 80k x 2 x 3

Holding a d/bell at 45 degree angle over preacher bench .. 50 kg x 10 sec x 3 holds

On preacher bench machine hold in armwresting position static hold .... up to fullstack(60k) plus 70k of plates x 10 secs.

Poor people that study judo with you.... "One day I'll be as strong as my teacher"... yeah right! Dream on!! :upsidedwn:rock

Good lord.. Its a good job your super strong. It mainly women in my family Chris, i'm surprised i've got a tongue left seeing how much I have to bite the bloody thing.

Hope your doing ok. That 245kg bench . Thats impressive. How many reps did you get? I like the sound of the preacher hold, sounds interesting.

I can imagine your students don't like being demonstrated on.

Edited by Terrygrip

I get used as a punnch bag !!

I let everybody throw me , bar the bullies and "superstar internationals" who forget that Prof Kano developed "the Gentle Way" for personel development , comradeship , physical training and to learn to help each other from uke / tori participation.

April 1st Friday

Olympic squats ... up to 220k x 3 , haven't squatted for ages , not going to walk properly for a while.

Power cleans from mid thigh .. 140 kg x 3 x 3 sets

Shrugs ..up to 320kg x 5

Partials deadlifts from bottom of thigh/ top of knee .. up to 560kg x 3 frot grip used no straps.

One hand wrist curls .. 60k d/bell x 15 x 3sets

April 4th Monday

Press of rack .. up to 140kg x 2 x 8 sets

Grippers .. Up to NO 3 x 5 closes

"Partials deadlifts from bottom of thigh/ top of knee .. up to 560kg x 3 frot grip used no straps."

When converted you get 1234.567 lbs. :happy

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing rack pulls!!! Is that with DO (no hook) grip??? If it is, I'm at a loss of words. Even with hook, it's incredibly amazing though.

FRIDAY 15TH April 2011

Nathan Holle came down for a training session and as normal put me to shame.

We warmed with a No 1 for 10 rep, then the no3 for a few.

I then jumped to the 3.5 for 5 single credit card closes and Nathan went straight to the 4 doing credit card closes with 2 different grippers that he owned

and one of my single stamped no4's !!

We then done power cleans with 2.6 inch , i worked up to 130kg x 3 singles.

Barbell curls with 2.6 bar .. up to 100kg x 3 singles

Reverse curl ez bar thumbless grip .. up to 80kg

Saturday 16th April

Bench... up to 220kg x 5 singles , 2 sec pause at chest , following the great Doug Hepburns routine.

FRIDAY 15TH April 2011

Nathan Holle came down for a training session and as normal put me to shame.

We warmed with a No 1 for 10 rep, then the no3 for a few.

I then jumped to the 3.5 for 5 single credit card closes and Nathan went straight to the 4 doing credit card closes with 2 different grippers that he owned

and one of my single stamped no4's !!

We then done power cleans with 2.6 inch , i worked up to 130kg x 3 singles.

Barbell curls with 2.6 bar .. up to 100kg x 3 singles

Reverse curl ez bar thumbless grip .. up to 80kg

Saturday 16th April

Bench... up to 220kg x 5 singles , 2 sec pause at chest , following the great Doug Hepburns routine.

Since Nathan is #4 certified, I think the claim is okay, but did you by any chance get a #4 CCS close on video..? :huh:

Please say yes... :cry

Great work! Keep it up! It's also nice to hear from Nathan from time to time!

ccs 3 different 4's!!! oh dear Mr holle , thats some serious power right there.

Chris your strength is just insane also! These training sessions must be just crazy. Its great reading. i've read it three times already.

Edited by Terrygrip

Being from a strength background, through my many years, I have get to meet any man capable of what Nathan Holle has displayed. Without a scent of doubt, Nathan is a once in a life time athlete of extraordinary gifts. One occasion he was handed a beastly #4 - 230 pounds calibrated - and no sign, he snapped it shut with a click audible around that echoed through the building. :ohmy

I had witness something terrifying.........unfathomable to say the least: How can a human possess such raw energy. You answer the question.

Being from a strength background, through my many years, I have get to meet any man capable of what Nathan Holle has displayed. Without a scent of doubt, Nathan is a once in a life time athlete of extraordinary gifts. One occasion he was handed a beastly #4 - 230 pounds calibrated - and no sign, he snapped it shut with a click audible around that echoed through the building. :ohmy

I had witness something terrifying.........unfathomable to say the least: How can a human possess such raw energy. You answer the question.

Let's not get too crazy with claims. We do have a rule that world class claims require video evidence and this is a fine line here. I gave the benefit of the doubt on the #4 CCS stuff because Nathan is #4 certified. And I hoped that it might flush out a video :)

I smell a troll in this Bath guy. Timmy again, possibly.

In fact a couple of months ago there was a "John Bath" troll banned from an armwrestling board who was thought to be Timmy. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not.