Chris James Training Log

ChrisJames

2nd July Friday

Power Clean ... up to 155kg

High pull snatch grip .. up to 215kg

Power curl... up to 110k, videoed 100kg x 2

Youtube type in ..Chris James , thick bar.

July 5th Mon

The Chain..up to 60kg

Clean and press with dumbbells..Up to a pair of 55kg x 5 reps

Lat pulldowns ..230kg x 5

Front shoulder raises on barbell...up to 65kg x 3

Tricep pushdowns on lat machine..up to 85kg x 5

Lying tricep ext with barbell..up to 80k x 5

Abs

July 7th Wed

Squats ..180k x 10 x 3 sets

One hand snatch on 2.5in barbell...up to 67.5kg

Two Hands snatch on 2.5in barbell..up to 100k x 3 singles (PB)

Two hands clean 2.5in barbell.. up to 140k x 3 singles, tried 150k to equal Goerner, Hermans still the man!!!

Push press behind neck on 2" barbell.. 140k x 3 x 3

Reverse curl on 2" bar.. 60k x 5 x 3 sets

9th Fri July

Deadlift fast ..up to 3 x 3 x 260kg

Deadlift off blocks below knee.. 320kg x 3 x 3

Duckwalk deadlift.. up to 420kg

Two hand rows ... 220kg x 5

Lat pull downs narrow grip .. Fullstack plus 40kg x 5 x 3sets

Seated Alternate curls ... up to 110lbs x 5 x 3sets

12th July Monday

Benchpress .. up to 180kg x 5 x 2sets

Close grip bench... 140kg x 8 x 3 sets

Tricep pushdowns on lat machine...up to 85kg x 10 x 2 sets

Abs

9th Fri July

Deadlift fast ..up to 3 x 3 x 260kg

Chris, I remember a video of a Four Finger deadlift using more weight than this!! Is your Four Finger DL limited by finger or back strength? lol. :rock :rock

Trying to get more explosive from the floor with the fast deadlifts!!

Always use clean grip , this really tests the grip when being explosive.

If you watch Andy Boltons dvd , he uses this method of fast light reps and heavy pulls from blocks, don't think he uses a clean grip tho!!

How is your training going Arturo, hope you are smashing PB's.

When Andy came down we asked him to show us the speed he has. For a guy that currently weighs 364lbs he moves made fast through the hips. I try to move as fast as I can now for that reason. I also only do 'clean grip' as it helps me for the thick bar work. On a standard bar my weights are MILES from testing my grip.

When you've got hands and grip strength of a silverback gorrilla like you Big Steve ,no wonder the weights are MILES off testing your grip!!

Just thought imagine your arms and hand strength with Andys body strength = No limits !!

Indeed. Even in his most recent interview (this months M&F) and with him training his grip he still says it's his weakness. He states he'd pull 1050 or so if it was better.

Chris, unfortunately some of us are made out of glass my friend, and we can't get strong no matter how hard we try. But I keep trying so I guess there's always hope. In the mean time I watch people like you and mobster for inspiration, your numbers are mindblowing.

Mobster's comment on Bolton's grip made me wonder, Chris, if you have ever tried to max out your grip on a regular barbell? Not a deadlift but just a lockout, even if you only have to move the bar a 2 inches or whatever. I remember a pic of Richard Sorin doing a lockout with about 1300# ?? He used no straps, just a mixed grip, if I remember correctly. Unfortunately I can't find that picture anymore. I wonder what you could do in the same fashion. If I had to take a guess I would say mobster would be limited by bodystrength on this move (because of his back issues, etc.), but you seem to be able to handle a bit more load right now, judging by recent workouts where you just walk out huge weights and hold them, etc. Anyways, have you tried those short-ROM lockouts to see how much you can do?

Arturo,

I am not Chris but by his log I think he locked out 610 k this year. By the way, when I trained with him the past year he pulled 360 k double overhand from the rack.... on 2 inch bar !!! and he has done over 500 k with reverse grip.

Chris,

nice to see you posting. I saw your video doing curls on 2 inch bar, is great strength. I think that in a standard bar you could do a curl with +110 kg, which is very near Doug Hepburn's 260 lbs.

Regarding the curls, do you know some numbers of Kazmaier in strict curls? I mean, I know that Kaz could cheat curled 140 x 15 and 180 x 1 but strict curls are another story...

Great to hear from you Jose , i hope you are fine and your strength is through the roof!!

I think that Doug Hepburn and Chuck Ahrens were probably the strongest curlers in history.

I am a boy compared to these men of power.

Pat Casey once reported that he saw Chuck sitting on the edge of a bench and curling alternately a pair of 200 lbers!!

20th July Monday

2" bar deadlifts.. up to 230kg ... dropped back to 200kg x 3 x 3

Bench press.. up to 180kg x 5 x 3 sets ... supersetted these with the deadlifts.

Pinch grip using one hand... up to two 15k with 10kg in the middle. .... cleaned a pair of 15kg a few times

21st July Wednesday

Squats .. up to 230k x 3 x 3

Good mornings.. 180k x 5 x 3 sets

Thomas Inch dumbbell cleans... 5 singles

21st July Wednesday

Squats .. up to 230k x 3 x 3

Good mornings.. 180k x 5 x 3 sets

Thomas Inch dumbbell cleans... 5 singles

What? No video of the Inch cleans!? This might be more impressive than many of your previous videos!! By the way did you try to push press it after any of those cleans?

Chris, unfortunately some of us are made out of glass my friend, and we can't get strong no matter how hard we try. But I keep trying so I guess there's always hope. In the mean time I watch people like you and mobster for inspiration, your numbers are mindblowing.

Mobster's comment on Bolton's grip made me wonder, Chris, if you have ever tried to max out your grip on a regular barbell? Not a deadlift but just a lockout, even if you only have to move the bar a 2 inches or whatever. I remember a pic of Richard Sorin doing a lockout with about 1300# ?? He used no straps, just a mixed grip, if I remember correctly. Unfortunately I can't find that picture anymore. I wonder what you could do in the same fashion. If I had to take a guess I would say mobster would be limited by bodystrength on this move (because of his back issues, etc.), but you seem to be able to handle a bit more load right now, judging by recent workouts where you just walk out huge weights and hold them, etc. Anyways, have you tried those short-ROM lockouts to see how much you can do?

Check his gallery. I've done 1067lbs before and expect I could do more now.

I know you have the grip for more than 1067 Steve, I just wasn't sure about your back issues, etc. since standing up with all that weight must be pretty hard in itself.

22nd July Thursday

One arm press/pushpress... using adjustible d/bell up to 90kg x 2 x 3sets right and left hand

23rd July Friday

Deadlift 2" bar ... up to 230kg

Deadlift lockouts 2.5" bar front grip... up to 230k .. reverse grip.. 455k

Reverse curl 2.5" bar... up to 57.5 kg x 3 x 1

July 24th Satuurday

Starting on grippers again.

No 3 x 5 x 2 ,No 3.5 x 3 singles, GE x 3 x single attempts .

26th Monday July

Bench 2" bar ... up to 200kg x 5 x 3 sets

Tricep pushdowns ... fullstack (100kg) x 10 x 3 sets

EZ curl .. up to 115kg

Wednesday 28th July

Squats.. Olympic ... 230k x 5 x 3 sets

Leg curls .. 100k x 12 x 3 sets

Calf raises.. full stack x 20reps x 5 sets

Friday 30th July

Deadlift 2" bar ... up to 235kg x 5 singles

Middle Thomas clean and press.. 5 x 5, one set of 20rep presses.

Calf machine standing press .. up to 190kg

Lat pull downs... full stack + 70kg x 5 x 3 sets

Rows ... up to 220kg x 5

Wrist roller on ironmind roller attached to seated row machine ... 120kg for 1 x 3 sets , very hard.

Saturday 31st July

Grippers... TRainer x 20 , No3 x 5 , no3.5 x5 singles either hand.

August 2nd Monday

Bench 2" bar ...202.5k x 5 x 3 sets

EZ curl ... 117.5k x 3

Tricep pushdown ... fullstack x 10 x 3 sets

Wrist curls with middle inch... sets of 10 , Thomas Inch d/bell for a few singles

What a beast.

Chris can you one arm clean and jerk the Inch nowdays? A video of that would be awesome. I'd ask for a video of a snatch but I know you can't quite do it yet... although I bet you'll eventually get it !!

Arturo,

Hello mate, i'm training for something special at the minute bro.

I'll put some vid's up soon!!