Chris James Training Log

ChrisJames

Hi Terry,

At the moment i train in a gym near me, but soon i'll be back in my garage.

Sat 5th Feb 2011

Zottman curls.. up to 70lbs x 12

Table top curls.. 154lbs x 8 x 3 sets each arm.

Wrist curls R.T handle .. up to 132 lbs x 15 each hand

Hammer curls .. 110 lbs x 10 x 3 sets

Sunday 6th Feb 2011

Vulcan Grippers .. up to black spring 6 notches a side x 5 singles

Chris,

nice to see your training log again. Like always, super strength.

I love the one hand clean on thick bar. It would be awesome if you can upload more videos.

By the way, how do you do the wrist curls with the R.T Handle?

Good luck with your training!

Hello Jose,

Lovely to hear from you mate.

I will put more video's on my friend.

I hold my hand over my knee or a bench and hold the Rolling Thunder in my hand with the pin and weights dangling underneath.

Friday 11th Feburary 2011

One hand swing dumbbell .. up to 180lbs

One hand military press .. up to 132 lbs

One hand curl with Rollong Thunder .. 100lbs for 5 , really great exercise i read off Jedd's website.

Table top curl... Up to 160lbs x 3 x 3

Feb 15th 2011

Grippers.. Trainer x 20 , No3 no set x 5 singles, RB 300 x 5 singles , Vulcan gripper black spring.. 4 notches each side x 5 , 5 notches each side x 1, 6 notches x 1.

Hi Chris, I've just seen your name mentioned elsewhere as attending the British Grand Prix at London Excel the same time as me. In what capacity? What feats etc??

Hey Chris, more excellent strength. Mobsterone/Chris have you got the details for this event. e

Chris could I also ask what part of Wales are you from? As i'm from Wales also, maybe in the future could get togehter, so I could get some tips?

Google British Grand Prix Expo. I know he's with Chris Jenkins etc on the powerlifting section but am looking for more info myself. I'll be doing grip stuff on the Muscletalk stand.

Sorry for the late reply , i got blinking pluresy now!!

A bit painful on the lungs and back have not done anything since Wednesday.

Hi Big Fella(Mob),

I'm going to do some oldetime strongman stuff mate , loosely based on greats like Zishe Briebart, Alexaxander Zass, Goerner, Saxon , etc.

Neil Hill asked me to do it through ChrisJenkins bro.

What are you doing, ishould imagine massive thickbar lifts and super crushes!

Hello Terry mate,

I live in Porttalbot and when i am better you are quite welcome to come down my friend.

Only if I need buggering up for the weekend LOL. On the press release for the powerlifting side it mentioned (I'll copy and paste it below) a 'grip competition'. I'll be on the Muscletalk stand and, as well as the usual bending, tearing etc, I wanna do some one hand deadlifts.

It starts of mentioning what Mr Jenkins will do then says:

"The powerlifting arena will also be featuring a powerlifting and grip contest. The Elite Strength Competition will involve squatting, bench press, deadlifting and shoulder press; if you wish to enter please email info@grandprixexpo.co.uk for further details and members of the crowd can also give it a go! There will be supplement and gym clothing prizes to the winners in both over and under 200lb weight categories. Members of the crown can also attempt the Apollons dumbbell.

Also, grip legend and third dan judo black belt Chris James (first man to lift the official Thomas Inch Dumbbell over head) will be performing a strength display"

Ahh... what is the Apollons dumbbell? The same as a Millennium in weight? You know I have to have a crack!!

Now, now, we wanna keep the crowd with us. Not running away screaming 'my eyes'. Or (in my case) 'I think I saw heaven' :yikes

Feb 22nd Tuesday 2011

I feel as rough as a snipers elbow today , got to have my lungs drained on Thursday.Just settling down this morning to watch 300(this IS Sparta)on the couch and there was a knock on the door.

It was my old mate Nathan Holle , he came down for a training session and a chat.

Knowing my wife would kill me if she thought i was doing anything physical at the moment , Nathan and i sneeked into the parlour to have a go on the grippers.

After a quick warm up on the Vulcan grippers, Nathan shut my old N0 4 single stamp for a few singles, then shut my GE like nothing and finally level 23 on the

Vulcan gripper.

I managed the No3.5 for a few singles , shut the NO 3 5 times in a row no set and missed a no set with No 3.5 by a couple of mm. According to Nathan.

Nathan's a great guy and is going to start training regularly with me once i get better.

I'm in the process of persuading him to come to the Expo with me to help me with the act. Crossed fingers for that.

Big Steve,

Perhaps if you have a piece of Heaven there, we'll display that instead. I was wondering why you are so good at "thick bar" lifting ?!!!

Big Steve,

Perhaps if you have a piece of Heaven there, we'll display that instead. I was wondering why you are so good at "thick bar" lifting ?!!!

LOL that was funny!

Chris, does Nathan only train grip with you? Or does he train the compound overall body lifts as well?

He closes a no.4 ... I believe in last April you also said he stopped by and closed a no.4. It seems like he doesn't have to PEAK for this? He's at a no. 4 level all year round??? :blink :blink :blink

Feb 22nd Tuesday 2011

I feel as rough as a snipers elbow today , got to have my lungs drained on Thursday.Just settling down this morning to watch 300(this IS Sparta)on the couch and there was a knock on the door.

It was my old mate Nathan Holle , he came down for a training session and a chat.

Knowing my wife would kill me if she thought i was doing anything physical at the moment , Nathan and i sneeked into the parlour to have a go on the grippers.

After a quick warm up on the Vulcan grippers, Nathan shut my old N0 4 single stamp for a few singles, then shut my GE like nothing and finally level 23 on the

Vulcan gripper.

I managed the No3.5 for a few singles , shut the NO 3 5 times in a row no set and missed a no set with No 3.5 by a couple of mm. According to Nathan.

Nathan's a great guy and is going to start training regularly with me once i get better.

I'm in the process of persuading him to come to the Expo with me to help me with the act. Crossed fingers for that.

Big Steve,

Ha I wish. It'd be very cool if Nathan Holle comes down. A photo of us together would be a one off.

After wathing some Sorinex videos for a bit of inspiration , i noticed they were doing snatches and clean and presses with a 3" dumbbell weighing 100lbs.

So i put a 3" handle on a dumbbell and worked up to 132 lb on the clean and press and 120lb on the snatches.

That was enough , still feel terrible.

Hi Terry,

Yeah he's that strong all the time mate !!

Chris, we still want to see you Clean and Pressing (well, push-press or Jerk or whatever) an Inch Dumbell. I think the only video everywhere on the Internet of this feat is Mark Henry's? Perhaps I'm forgetting someone. I know Laine Snook has a video where he cleans it, very smooth clean also, I love that video, but he didn't even try to put it overhead! :angry: I think a strongman called Matt Graham put the Inch overhead but used his thigh to help the "clean" so maybe that doesn't count. You'd have the neatest video out there related to the Inch! Do it! :D:bow:rock:tongue

Hope you get better soon Chris! Also thought of you the other day and mentioned you by name at the USAWA grip comp I was in 2 weekends ago. One of the lifts we did was the Middle Fingers Deadlift (like Goerner) and you were the first person I thought of that would probably be able to beat the highest lifts I've heard of - which is 400lbs for both David Horne and Kevin Fulton. Both of theirs were done in a contest too. I only pulled 310lbs but it felt like I was going to tear a finger off. So the thought of going 90lbs higher than that is insane. Have you ever maxed out on the Middle Fingers Deadlift - with an alternate or overhand grip?