Manthos Training Log

MANTHOS

03/07/2010

Bending and Grippers: Some warm up sets with the #2, a 5.5mm(13/64) x 178mm(7inch) bend, a 4mm(5/32) x 160mm nail bend and some work sets with my RB260.

Note1: My hands are killing me!

Note2: I CAN'T bend DO... I start my bends with Terminator Reverse and I continue with DU... :help

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MANTHOS

• Joefrey

• cwdutton

• djukac

Top Posters In This Topic

Manthos, I was the exact same way when I 1st started bending. DO just felt odd to me and I was stronger DU. My only suggestion is to just keep working at it! Bend DO everytime you bend whether you get it or not! Make sure you're bending all sizes (7"-5" long),etc. I'm saying it now, if you practice DO, you will destroy big steel with your strength Manthos! You easily have the strength, just need the practice! :mosher

Manthos, I was the exact same way when I 1st started bending. DO just felt odd to me and I was stronger DU. My only suggestion is to just keep working at it! Bend DO everytime you bend whether you get it or not! Make sure you're bending all sizes (7"-5" long),etc. I'm saying it now, if you practice DO, you will destroy big steel with your strength Manthos! You easily have the strength, just need the practice! :mosher

Every time I start with DO I get my elbows down and I must keep them up... I'll work it my friend.

Thank you very much for your support Chris!

Keep up the hard work Manthos !!

Thank you Joefrey!

05/07/2010

My lower back kills me. The best I could do was to SQUAT 120(264) for 3reps and go home...... :cry:angry:

No injury I hope ?

Have a good recovery, lower back pain is no fun !

It came suddenly Joefrey, Saturday night after my bending session! I was really surpriced my friend!!

Thank you, I'll take care.

05/07/2010

My lower back kills me. The best I could do was to SQUAT 120(264) for 3reps and go home...... :cry:angry:

Back pain is some serious stuff manthos. Don´t do anything stuid now as I did (wich resultet in a muscle tear in my erector spinae and most likley problems for life due to scarring and other stuff).

I wish you a speedy recovery :happy

05/07/2010

Back pain is some serious stuff manthos. Don´t do anything stuid now as I did (wich resultet in a muscle tear in my erector spinae and most likley problems for life due to scarring and other stuff).

I wish you a speedy recovery :happy

Thank you JohanB. I already feel a little better.

Feel better soon big guy. I'm fighting a bit of back pain myself.

Thanks Mike. A speedy recovery for you too my friend.

08/07/2010

Grippers: I had a rep PR with my RB260, 8 parallel reps with the right hand, and a couple of failed attempts with my Hard#3.

Bending: One nail 4mm x 160mm, one carriage bolt 4.5mm x 160mm and a nail 4mm x 140mm. I start with terminator reverse and I continue with DU to finish with a crash down. I tried DO but with no luck!

08/07/2010

Grippers: I had a rep PR with my RB260, 8 parallel reps with the right hand, and a couple of failed attempts with my Hard#3.

Bending: One nail 4mm x 160mm, one carriage bolt 4.5mm x 160mm and a nail 4mm x 140mm. I start with terminator reverse and I continue with DU to finish with a crash down. I tried DO but with no luck!

Good workout buddy. Just keep working at the DO style, It will click very soon for ya.

08/07/2010

Damn strong Manthos! Once you figure out the DO it'll be easy peasy for you buddy!

Thanks guys!! All I have to do is DO...! :upsidedwn

Keep posting vids and someday I'll learn... Great job both of you Chris and Jason! Cheers! :mosher :mosher

10th day of REST!!

I'll start training on Monday with a weight loss goal this time. I must loose 10 to 15 kilos.... :whacked .... I'll be happy if I loose 5...!! :tongue

I'll keep training as I do now, I'll try to keep the volume and I'll try to keep as much strength I can. Of course I'll add some aerobic work... :unsure :unsure and be careful with the nutrition part. I know this will affect my world class performance( :yikes:calm :calm :laugh :laugh :tongue:blink ) a lot, but general health is above all, in my opinion of course. We'll see...... :erm

10th day of REST!!

I'll start training on Monday with a weight loss goal this time. I must loose 10 to 15 kilos.... :whacked .... I'll be happy if I loose 5...!! :tongue

I'll keep training as I do now, I'll try to keep the volume and I'll try to keep as much strength I can. Of course I'll add some aerobic work... :unsure :unsure and be careful with the nutrition part. I know this will affect my world class performance( :yikes:calm :calm :laugh :laugh :tongue:blink ) a lot, but general health is above all, in my opinion of course. We'll see...... :erm

Couldn't agree more Manthos! I was tipping the scales at 280+ at one point! I'm 6'3,so it filled out ok, but I was breathing much heavier than ever before! I was 271 in January, and have dropped to 243(as of yesterday) and feel 100 times better! Been hitting the kettlebells hard and it has helped. And to my surprise I haven't noticed that much of a strength drop!

Good luck with the weight loss brother! I just started my own weight loss goal myself so let's get shredded together! One bit of unsolicited advice...if your goal is 15 kilos then don't be happy with less. It sounds like a huge number now but when the shit starts dropping off that number gets smaller every day. Feel free to visit my 60 day cut thread if you need motivation at any time or want to share your own progress. Lord knows I can use motivation from time to time too. Hope the back is feeling better!

10th day of REST!!

Couldn't agree more Manthos! I was tipping the scales at 280+ at one point! I'm 6'3,so it filled out ok, but I was breathing much heavier than ever before! I was 271 in January, and have dropped to 243(as of yesterday) and feel 100 times better! Been hitting the kettlebells hard and it has helped. And to my surprise I haven't noticed that much of a strength drop!

That's a very good thing Chris, to loose bodyweight and don't loose much strength.

Right now I'm at 128kilos-282lbs and I feel heavy. I really want to get back in shape, feel and be healthier and I'll try to maintain some strength.

Good luck with the weight loss brother! I just started my own weight loss goal myself so let's get shredded together! One bit of unsolicited advice...if your goal is 15 kilos then don't be happy with less. It sounds like a huge number now but when the shit starts dropping off that number gets smaller every day. Feel free to visit my 60 day cut thread if you need motivation at any time or want to share your own progress. Lord knows I can use motivation from time to time too. Hope the back is feeling better!

Thank you very much Russ! I'm with you bro!!

Sunday 18/07/2010

SLEDGE HAMMER OVERHEAD LEVER:

4kgr 2x5(bh)

5kgr x5(bh)

8kgr x1(rh)

11kgr x1(rh) PR http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBeMC4QnxDQ

7kgr 3x3(bh)

BENDING:

Five nails 6mm(15/64') x 170mm(6.69'')

One nail 6.4mm(1/4') x 180mm(7.09'')

One bolt Class 8.8(Grade 5) 6mm(15/64') x 152mm(6'')

Monday 19/07/2010 (Comeback after 2 weeks of rest-recovery)

BENCH PRESS: 40(88)x10, 50(110)x5, 70(154)x5, 80(176)x5, 100(220)x5, 120(264)x3, 130(287)x2, 140(309)x2, 150(331)x2

KETTLEBELL ROWS: 32(70) x5, 56(123)3x5

STANDING BARBELL TRICEPS EXTENTIONS: 40(88)x5, 50(110)x5, 60(132)x3, 70(154) 3x3

Nice workout !! :mosher

Thank you Joefrey!

Sunday 18/07/2010

SLEDGE HAMMER OVERHEAD LEVER:

4kgr 2x5(bh)

5kgr x5(bh)

8kgr x1(rh)

11kgr x1(rh) PR http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBeMC4QnxDQ

7kgr 3x3(bh)

BENDING:

Five nails 6mm(15/64') x 170mm(6.69'')

One nail 6.4mm(1/4') x 180mm(7.09'')

One bolt Class 8.8(Grade 5) 6mm(15/64') x 152mm(6'')

Great Lever work Manthos!! Dude, what is that thing? Looks like you stole Thor's hammer! haha :rock

And a grade 5 bolt!? Awesome workout!! Lets see some videos bro! :rock