The Grand Is Dead!

vikingsrule92

David, dude, do I need to remind you how I went from the Bastard to the Grand Bastard in TWO weeks!!! One more 1/2" is nothing buddy I went up 1.5" in 2 weeks!!! You have more to be worried about then I do.

Fox, man it's too bad the last 3/4" is the hardest part, you're so close yet SOOOO far away! Better luck next time buddy!

Lets see.....I attempted the Mag 2 days after the Grand. Still sore from the grand, I got it to 2 3/4''!! ;) With a week of rest, well, it's toast. BTW, Derek, have you tried a Mag yet?? Sure, it kinks a little bit harder than the grand, but past 90, whole different ballgame buddy! :D You know I noticed in your video that it looked to be a max effort bend on that grand. Hope ya got a little more horsepower hiding somewhere, cause you don't wanna bring a chevette to a drag race!! LOL!!! :D;)

Take a look at my Big Bastard, 4 mins 56 secs, struggled like hell. I'll fast forward to 1 week later, Huge Bastard, ehh about 45 secs, and it was absolutely destroyed. I always come up with horsepower when it's needed, the Grand was just me messing around ;):D

You know what they say, mess around with the little brother, the big brother will take you down!! :D Seriously though, have you tried a Mag yet?? Just curious.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vikingsrule92

• foxyj75

• David_wigren

• GetAGrip87

David, dude, do I need to remind you how I went from the Bastard to the Grand Bastard in TWO weeks!!! One more 1/2" is nothing buddy I went up 1.5" in 2 weeks!!! You have more to be worried about then I do.

Fox, man it's too bad the last 3/4" is the hardest part, you're so close yet SOOOO far away! Better luck next time buddy!

Lets see.....I attempted the Mag 2 days after the Grand. Still sore from the grand, I got it to 2 3/4''!! ;) With a week of rest, well, it's toast. BTW, Derek, have you tried a Mag yet?? Sure, it kinks a little bit harder than the grand, but past 90, whole different ballgame buddy! :D You know I noticed in your video that it looked to be a max effort bend on that grand. Hope ya got a little more horsepower hiding somewhere, cause you don't wanna bring a chevette to a drag race!! LOL!!! :D;)

Take a look at my Big Bastard, 4 mins 56 secs, struggled like hell. I'll fast forward to 1 week later, Huge Bastard, ehh about 45 secs, and it was absolutely destroyed. I always come up with horsepower when it's needed, the Grand was just me messing around ;):D

You know what they say, mess around with the little brother, the big brother will take you down!! :D Seriously though, have you tried a Mag yet?? Just curious.

Run out of smart ass remarks Fox? :D

No I haven't, I told you I don't bend until Sunday

Muahahahah! Yes young one, try a Mag on Sunday and wear yourself out! Put your all into it! Get really dehydrated too! Muahahahahha! My plan is coming together nicely......................... :D

Muahahahah! Yes young one, try a Mag on Sunday and wear yourself out! Put your all into it! Get really dehydrated too! Muahahahahha! My plan is coming together nicely......................... :D

Haha you forget Fox, I'm young, I can max out one day then 2 days later be completely fine. :D

Haha you forget Fox, I'm young, I can max out one day then 2 days later be completely fine. :D

We will see, we will see. :D

I love this thread so much enthusiasm going around its what its all about guys never lose track of that i have a few times but im back on track now :D

You will all get the mag and above if you want it bad enough and you all have plenty of time to go way beyond that.

Thanks Matt!

Yes we will Fox!

Gazza, I'm glad to hear you're back on track! Now go kill some unreasonably large stock!!!!! :rock

Thanks Matt!

Yes we will Fox!

Gazza, I'm glad to hear you're back on track! Now go kill some unreasonably large stock!!!!! :rock

I second that Gazza!!!! How about a 5/16'' F911 maybe!!(unless you've already done one I don't know about) ;):D

Edited by Foxman

But seriously I've only tried 1 mag so far and that was some time ago. Didn't go so well, over several attempts it landed on just past 90 degrees. But after that I've had some really good gains. I might get the mag, might not. Anyhow I'll do my best. Hope we all get it

But seriously I've only tried 1 mag so far and that was some time ago. Didn't go so well, over several attempts it landed on just past 90 degrees. But after that I've had some really good gains. I might get the mag, might not. Anyhow I'll do my best. Hope we all get it

David, I think you'll surprise yourself. You're a strong guy, and if you want it bad enough, it will be yours. It's only metal!! :rock

Though I haven't participated in this discussion much the past few days, it's interesting to see where it's ended up after I posted the question of wondering who would get it first between recent Grand benders such as myself, Scott Harris, Derek, and Foxman. Awesome enthusiasm shown all around. Too bad we can't all train together, for I am certain that regardless of who ends up winning, I'm sure there'd be quite the graveyard for all the annihilated PR's that day. As hard as I train on my own, or even around serious lifters but bending-"civilians", there's nothing like going against and being coached by fellow warriors in this battle. Unfortunately, I will have to pull out of the race for at least 2 weeks. Apparently, heavy weight high-rep DB rows, followed the next day by heavy bending, followed by squats and deadlifts today (both light, 60% tops...yes, it's horrible), is enough to cause some serious lat strain.

Incidentally, bending went okay. DO was a bit down last night. Got a Bastard, though I couldn't fire into it as much as I'd like. Plus, even though I noticed a slight flaw in my form which I corrected, I failed once again on a Mag, only getting 10-15 degrees of damage. If only I could get it to 30-40 degrees on that first hit. Failed again on an unofficial GB (no damage at all), which was moderately tough at worst the first two times I bent it. Did manage to tie a DU PR, with a 7" Bastard, getting more DU damage on the initial hit for that piece (100-110 degrees) as opposed to the final warmup (6" x 1/4" G8, 90 degrees DU damage on first hit). Got a PR on reverse, putting 55 degrees of reverse damage on a 5-1/2" x 1/4" G5. No reverse damage on a Grade 8. Finished up with a 70d-USA x 1 DO, which was VERY tough for me. Nothing left in the tank after that.

Like Scott told me the other day when I was bouncing ideas off him, all I [probably] need to do is rest. That said, I will still bounce ideas off some of you for advice on conquering the Mag. My current thinking is that upon healing, when I do bend once again, I do my usual warmup, work up to a Bastard, and maybe a Huge Bastard after that. I feel very confident about getting the Huge every single time when rested. After that, do some really short DO work with tough 1/4" pieces (5-1/2" to 5" G5, G8, and square pieces). Don't know about squares, but I feel good about bending everything up to a 5-1/2" x 1/4" G8. Trying to do this will be fun, and a good way to make me mental, considering my goals as a powerlifter and my numerous other goals as a bender (besides Mag and Insane): Shiny, Edgin, Square 5/16", KOAB.

Good luck to all of you Grand benders on the verge of conquering the Mag. Beat that Mag down like it owes you money :flame

Brad

P.S. Like Arnold says, "I'll be back." I might be bending just coathangers for awhile, but I will be back :laugh

Well Brad I hope you heal up and come back strong buddy!!

David, I'm kind of like you, I talk a lot of crap but I'm semi-unsure as to if I'll get it or not. But I'll defintiely give it my all and I hope we all get it! Except for Fox of course :D;)

Oh and Jeremiah, I think he already did a F911, but I can't remember. I thought he posted about it somewhere at least.

Exept Fox of course. He really anoyes me ;) on a serious note I've been thinking that using time as a tie breaker might not be totally fair. Say I bend one in 1 minute and Fox does in 2 minutes but starting using DU. Would I be the winner? No way! Lets just see who manages to do it, and he/they would be be the winners

I thought Wednesday was your bending day Derek? Or do you do 2 bending sessions in a week?

The only reason I wanted to bend earlier in the week was because I was going to Ben's house for a little grip training, but that got cancelled! :flame

I thought Wednesday was your bending day Derek? Or do you do 2 bending sessions in a week?

The only reason I wanted to bend earlier in the week was because I was going to Ben's house for a little grip training, but that got cancelled! :flame

Yeah I bend twice a week.

David, we'll decide when the time comes, it doesn't really matter to me either way.

Yeah I bend twice a week.

David, we'll decide when the time comes, it doesn't really matter to me either way.

Nah, me either, I just be happy if I get it to 2''!!! :D Honestly, I just like ribbing y'all more than anything!! I have laughed so much in the last few days from all the trash talk!! :D :D I hope everyone kills this sucker on wednesday!!! :rock

Just a sidenote, but is anybody else besides me surprized how friggin' huge this thread is?!! :blink Just a thought! :D

Hahaha I agree Fox, you're just like me you know that. I just like trash talking, it's really damn fun :D. I'll be VERY happy to get it to 2" by the AZ comp, much less by Wednesday. I wish you guys the best of luck and I'm sure I won't be one of the winners ;)

Oh and yeah this thread is RIDICULOUSLY big considering the topic, it's at 118 posts now!!!

Edited by vikingsrule92

Good luck guys, I wanna kill the damn thing right now!!! :rock

Excellent stuff, Guys, this is a great thread & how it should be. Let's see some MAGS!

I got the certificates printed, now I only have to fill out & sign about 500 of them. Seriously. :blink

Excellent stuff, Guys, this is a great thread & how it should be. Let's see some MAGS!

I got the certificates printed, now I only have to fill out & sign about 500 of them. Seriously. :blink

Haha yeah you have to love friendly competition John! I hope we get some, that list is aweful small :D;)

WOW! That's a lot man! No worries though there's no rush, just get them done when you can.

Awesome bend, Derek !! Superb perseverence with that crushdown :rock ... isn't this the best bend by someone under 16 years old ?

.. neilkaz ..

Awesome bend, Derek !! Superb perseverence with that crushdown :rock ... isn't this the best bend by someone under 16 years old ?

.. neilkaz ..

Thanks Neil!!! Actually there's pretty much no one under 16 that bends, so I think I accomplished that A LONG time ago. I know the bastard was the best under 16 bend, not sure about square or G5 or whatever.

I'd say that even if we had 100000 guys under 16 bending. Derek would still kick all their asses!..

And also I am calling Derek out. I want a bone test to prove his real age! ;)