The Grand Is Dead!

vikingsrule92

Just to maybe put a fire under you guys, but inspired by Derek's video, I just tried a Mag, and got it to just under 2 3/4''! :shifty Rest up guys, cause I taste blood.......and the race is on......... :D

Oh man Jeremiah it's already close to over! I'll have to try one on Sunday then, I wasn't going to until next Wednesday originally!

Don't overtrain yourself....I need a few days rest too!!! :blush Good luck buddy!

I won't, I always bend on Sundays. Thanks man if I can get it to 90 I'll be happy, I highly doubt I'll get it as far as you

Sure you will!! It's only metal, and it's scared of you!! :rock Oh yeah, did you know that you're approx. HALF my age!!!! Considering that fact, rest up for a few more days buddy!!! :D

Haha I think it's also physical and I'm scared of it :D Haha I'm not going to give you the upperhand Fox!! I will beat you to the Mag!!!!

I'll get you yet, you crazy whippersnapper!!! :D

Haha but it's me trying to catch up to you old geezer :D

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vikingsrule92

• foxyj75

• David_wigren

• GetAGrip87

Just to maybe put a fire under you guys, but inspired by Derek's video, I just tried a Mag, and got it to just under 2 3/4''! :shifty Rest up guys, cause I taste blood.......and the race is on......... :D

Oh man Jeremiah it's already close to over! I'll have to try one on Sunday then, I wasn't going to until next Wednesday originally!

Don't overtrain yourself....I need a few days rest too!!! :blush Good luck buddy!

I won't, I always bend on Sundays. Thanks man if I can get it to 90 I'll be happy, I highly doubt I'll get it as far as you

Sure you will!! It's only metal, and it's scared of you!! :rock Oh yeah, did you know that you're approx. HALF my age!!!! Considering that fact, rest up for a few more days buddy!!! :D

Haha I think it's also physical and I'm scared of it :D Haha I'm not going to give you the upperhand Fox!! I will beat you to the Mag!!!!

I'll show you some GEEZER POWER!!! That's it! Now I'm gonna start eatin' Wheaties and taking massive amounts of Centrum Silver!!! My beard may have some gray, but I'm gonna blow you away!!!!(nice geezer rhyme, huh?) LOL!!! :D Well I hate to go, but I got to get my geezer butt in bed!! Later man!!

I'll show you some GEEZER POWER!!! That's it! Now I'm gonna start eatin' Wheaties and taking massive amounts of Centrum Silver!!! My beard may have some gray, but I'm gonna blow you away!!!!(nice geezer rhyme, huh?) LOL!!! :D Well I hate to go, but I got to get my geezer butt in bed!! Later man!!

Hahaha nice rhyme Fox, and you're not even that old dude! Yeah I have to go to bed too. Later dude!

Great job on the Grand Derek! :rock

Hey guys can I join in on the race to the Mag?!

I just bend another Grand 2 weeks ago after not being able to bend it for over a year because I broke my hand. Getting back to full strength though.

Congrats again Derek!

Hmmm, that should be an interesting race. To be honest, I have to go with my man Fox though(that is meant to make him overconfident and give you other guys some extra motivation, don't let the newb beat ya!!!) But I think your the next one Jeremiah so prove me right!!!

On a side note, I kinked an Insane and some Insane length SS sq :D I had to throw something kinda impressive in here you guys are INCREDIBLE benders :)

:bow:rock

Sensational, Derek!

Slightly different subject here, but the more I train the 2" v-bar the more your 240 pound pulls really start to annoy... I mean impress me.

Thanks man!! Out of curiousity would that 5" Square get me on the 5" list? Since after all it is harder than a G8.

Haha where'd you see that at? The Goerner post about the griptogether? Haha yeah that's a very good lift for me. Aaron was pissed because he thought it was utterly ridiculous and he expected Eaton would be mad, not you though :D;) Sorry man, i guess I'm good at 2" Vbar, but don't worry you're still miles ahead of me at nearly everything else :D

Derek, this is a good example of why calibration results are so important. Depending upon the particular grade 8 in question, the square may or may not be more difficult. Grade 8s have hit 460, 475, 490, and 495 for me, that I can remember off the top of my head. The last FBBC square I calibrated fell within that range. I'm trying to do as good a job as reasonably possible to show a distinctly more difficult bend when nudging out another for rank. Heck, the easiest of the Mag Bastards hit about what the square did. As far as I know, only Dave and Greg did the original difficult stock with the Mag Bastard. Of course, Pat did, as well.

Well done Derek :rock Very strong. And yes you will get the mag :mosher

How the hell did I miss this post last night???

Great job dude!!!! :rock

This race to the mag bastard is gonna get even more intense now!

BTW I have bent the 5 inch square. The pic is in my album on here. I believe the Grand Bastard was harder from 90 down to the 2 inch mark from what I remember.

How the hell did I miss this post last night???

Great job dude!!!! :rock

This race to the mag bastard is gonna get even more intense now!

BTW I have bent the 5 inch square. The pic is in my album on here. I believe the Grand Bastard was harder from 90 down to the 2 inch mark from what I remember.

It never showed up for me until now either.

Great bend Derek!

Hey everybody, another amazing bending day today. 3 new PRs!!! First I took down the FBBC 1/4" x 5" Square and I think I'm the first certified (although obviously not the first to bend this ;))!!
Then I took down the Grand!!!!
I caught up to you Jeremiah and I'm in the hunt for the Mag!!!! Oh and on this bend, I realize I said the wrong thing at the end of the vid, too much adrenaline I guess :D I then took down a 6.5" Red
and I forgot to turn the light so the lighting on the wrapping kind of sucks, but I think you can still see everything. This was definitely a great day and I want to thank (as I did in the vid) Gazza and Kel for all of the inspiration and Aaron for all of the help he's given me in the last 7 months, I'd be lying if I said I'd be where I am today without you man so thanks :rock :rock :rock

Dammit wrong forum, can someone please move this? Sorry guys

what i meant to wirte was that was bloody amazing bending!!! very well done!

Edited by pklidaras

Congrats Derek! :rock You're one freaky STRONG dude! :bow:bow:bow:bow

Derek, this is a good example of why calibration results are so important. Depending upon the particular grade 8 in question, the square may or may not be more difficult. Grade 8s have hit 460, 475, 490, and 495 for me, that I can remember off the top of my head. The last FBBC square I calibrated fell within that range. I'm trying to do as good a job as reasonably possible to show a distinctly more difficult bend when nudging out another for rank. Heck, the easiest of the Mag Bastards hit about what the square did. As far as I know, only Dave and Greg did the original difficult stock with the Mag Bastard. Of course, Pat did, as well.

I don't know about "original" but I bought some 6" stock prior to BBB2 to train with and I was getting stuck at around 90 degrees or a little less with the Mags. I was about 70-80% consistent at hitting Grands on it. I got a mag well under the time limit at the contest. I think that was easier stock but it was miles ahead of any square I've ever tried. I traded this "hard" stock to Ben Edwards and he's done a MAG on it.

Here's something else to think about; is Big Steve the only one to DU the Grand on the hard stock?

I don't know about "original" but I bought some 6" stock prior to BBB2 to train with and I was getting stuck at around 90 degrees or a little less with the Mags. I was about 70-80% consistent at hitting Grands on it. I got a mag well under the time limit at the contest. I think that was easier stock but it was miles ahead of any square I've ever tried. I traded this "hard" stock to Ben Edwards and he's done a MAG on it.

Here's something else to think about; is Big Steve the only one to DU the Grand on the hard stock?

There hasn't been any Bastard stock tougher than the original that I've ever calibrated, but you're right Josh, after the 380 pound easy stuff was released the "original" made an encore appearance. Since then, a 420 pound variety has shown up on the scene.

I didn't know about Ben doing a hard Magnificent. That's awesome! Of course I do realize there are now others that CAN do it, as well.

I can't think of anyone else but Steve who has slain the Grand DU. But I do think Mike Hadland could probably get it done.

Is there a specific time frame as far as determining "original"? I believe I ordered mine in March 06 or summer 06 at the latest. As for Big Steve's DU Grand, was that original stock (October 05)?

I nailed a mag to a little more than 90 today...not to get you guys in the mag race scared or anything... :D

I will be taking a week off from bending to see what happens next time around.

I have my sights set on bending the grand DU.(after I kill the Mag of course!) :D I tried a Mag last night, and on the initial kink, DU, got it to approx 25 degrees. I think with some rest, I could probably take a Grand to 40 in 30 seconds.

Is there a specific time frame as far as determining "original"? I believe I ordered mine in March 06 or summer 06 at the latest. As for Big Steve's DU Grand, was that original stock (October 05)?

When I first started calibrating I did so with the original FBBC stock. I didn't calibrate any more Bastards until after The Backyard Bastard Bash, at which several guys got Mag Bastards. These were the 380 variety. So as to when John started getting a hold of easier stuff, I'm not sure. That's a big time gap. I suspect that Steve's bend was done on the tougher stock.

When I first started calibrating I did so with the original FBBC stock. I didn't calibrate any more Bastards until after The Backyard Bastard Bash, at which several guys got Mag Bastards. These were the 380 variety. So as to when John started getting a hold of easier stuff, I'm not sure. That's a big time gap. I suspect that Steve's bend was done on the tougher stock.

Yeah, probably, Steve's bend was BBB1 and the multiple mags went down at BBB2

I nailed a mag to a little more than 90 today...not to get you guys in the mag race scared or anything... :D

I will be taking a week off from bending to see what happens next time around.

Well, if were resorting to scare tactics,so be it!! With only 2 days rest since the Grand, I ran out of juice. Felt just like the Grand did when I ran out of energy on it! Check this out! :D

Mag attempt last night(1/9/08)

Edited by Foxman

you magnificent bastard! haha :D

time to up the cups of coffee for the next attempt!

Haha!! :D Not even Juan Baldez and his burro can help you now!!!!! :D