The Grand Is Dead!

vikingsrule92

Hey everybody, another amazing bending day today. 3 new PRs!!! First I took down the FBBC 1/4" x 5" Square and I think I'm the first certified (although obviously not the first to bend this ;))!!

Then I took down the Grand!!!!
I caught up to you Jeremiah and I'm in the hunt for the Mag!!!! Oh and on this bend, I realize I said the wrong thing at the end of the vid, too much adrenaline I guess :D I then took down a 6.5" Red
and I forgot to turn the light so the lighting on the wrapping kind of sucks, but I think you can still see everything. This was definitely a great day and I want to thank (as I did in the vid) Gazza and Kel for all of the inspiration and Aaron for all of the help he's given me in the last 7 months, I'd be lying if I said I'd be where I am today without you man so thanks :rock :rock :rock

Dammit wrong forum, can someone please move this? Sorry guys

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vikingsrule92

• foxyj75

• David_wigren

• GetAGrip87

Awesome Derek what a session you have some mutant strength in you its hard to belive that you are 15 years old dude!!!

Amazing job!!!!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher:mosher:mosher:mosher

Brendan

Great work Derek,You have had some seriously quick progress.I am certainly jealous.Way to go man. :rock :rock :rock

:blink:blink:blink:blink:blink

Just an after thought WOW!!!

Brendan

Derek you are not just bending big for your age and size anymoe. You are bending BIG any size period!!! :rock:rock:rock

Haha thanks Brendan!

David, thanks man yeah I hate when people say "great for your age and size" so i'm happy to outgrow that phrase :D

:bow:rock

Sensational, Derek!

Slightly different subject here, but the more I train the 2" v-bar the more your 240 pound pulls really start to annoy... I mean impress me.

:bow:rock

Sensational, Derek!

Slightly different subject here, but the more I train the 2" v-bar the more your 240 pound pulls really start to annoy... I mean impress me.

Thanks man!! Out of curiousity would that 5" Square get me on the 5" list? Since after all it is harder than a G8.

Haha where'd you see that at? The Goerner post about the griptogether? Haha yeah that's a very good lift for me. Aaron was pissed because he thought it was utterly ridiculous and he expected Eaton would be mad, not you though :D;) Sorry man, i guess I'm good at 2" Vbar, but don't worry you're still miles ahead of me at nearly everything else :D

Wow....From all the recent videos, it is quite clear to me that "The Force is strong in this one". Very well done Derek :flame Guess I gotta get back to work, for I tried my first Mag the other day and put a massive 10-15 degrees of damage into it :D Between you, Foxman, myself, and a few others, I wonder who'll be the first among us to become the next Mag bender. I have got pretty good crush strength, but watching your videos, it's tough to beat your technique on the kink.

Kick ass Derek!!!

Thanks Brad and Zach!

Brad, yeah I might try a Mag next workout just to see how far I can get it. I don't know man I'm curious to see who gets there first.

ALL RIGHT DEREK!!!!!! :rock :rock :rock Freakin' sweet bend man!! Awesome intensity too! I knew you had it in you!!! Now on to the Mag!! It's only metal buddy! :rock :rock :rock :rock

Super-impressive climb to the top! I'm impressed by that one.

Tim

DAMN. Dude I gotta get in on this soon, I am starting to feel like I am standing still compared to you guys. Outstanding, keep it up man, it doesn't seem like you are slowing down, it seems like your progress is accelerating more quickly now than ever.

Which was the harder bend do you think? Which had the harder crush, it seemed like the Grand was almost easier on the crush than the square.

Just out of curiosity if I can crush a 5.5" square down to like 1.5" how far into the cut down bastards would you say that puts me so far as the crush is concerned?

Big Congrats Derek!! I didnt expect you to get that til the contest. Gonna have to get some Mags now for the contest :blink:D

- Aaron

Jeremiah, thanks man I had to up the intensity to get this bend! WHo do you think'll get it first out of me, you, Brad, and CaptainCrush or whatever his name was?

Tim, thanks a lot.

Tim I., thanks man I just hope I can keep it up to get this Mag. I'd say the Grand had a harder kink but the 5" Square had a harder sweep and crush. Grand probably harder overall though. Probably about where I am, I could crush the 5.5" Square to about there too and you see where I am.

Thanks TK

Aaron, yeah I guess you will man, I hope to have at leat the Mag by then :D

Just to maybe put a fire under you guys, but inspired by Derek's video, I just tried a Mag, and got it to just under 2 3/4''! :shifty Rest up guys, cause I taste blood.......and the race is on......... :D

Just to maybe put a fire under you guys, but inspired by Derek's video, I just tried a Mag, and got it to just under 2 3/4''! :shifty Rest up guys, cause I taste blood.......and the race is on......... :D

Oh man Jeremiah it's already close to over! I'll have to try one on Sunday then, I wasn't going to until next Wednesday originally!

Edited by vikingsrule92

Oh man Jeremiah it's already close to over! I'll have to try one on Sunday then, I wasn't going to until next Wednesday originally!

Don't overtrain yourself....I need a few days rest too!!! :blush Good luck buddy!

Don't overtrain yourself....I need a few days rest too!!! :blush Good luck buddy!

I won't, I always bend on Sundays. Thanks man if I can get it to 90 I'll be happy, I highly doubt I'll get it as far as you

Edited by vikingsrule92

I won't, I always bend on Sundays. Thanks man if I can get it to 90 I'll be happy, I highly doubt I'll get it as far as you

Sure you will!! It's only metal, and it's scared of you!! :rock Oh yeah, did you know that you're approx. HALF my age!!!! Considering that fact, rest up for a few more days buddy!!! :D

Sure you will!! It's only metal, and it's scared of you!! :rock Oh yeah, did you know that you're approx. HALF my age!!!! Considering that fact, rest up for a few more days buddy!!! :D

Haha I think it's also physical and I'm scared of it :D Haha I'm not going to give you the upperhand Fox!! I will beat you to the Mag!!!!

Haha I think it's also physical and I'm scared of it :D Haha I'm not going to give you the upperhand Fox!! I will beat you to the Mag!!!!

I'll get you yet, you crazy whippersnapper!!! :D