The Grand Is Dead!

vikingsrule92

Had I been reading your comment while drinking coffee Juan Baldez would of been all over the computer screen! haha

Good one man! :cool

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vikingsrule92

• foxyj75

• David_wigren

• GetAGrip87

Is there a specific time frame as far as determining "original"? I believe I ordered mine in March 06 or summer 06 at the latest. As for Big Steve's DU Grand, was that original stock (October 05)?

When I first started calibrating I did so with the original FBBC stock. I didn't calibrate any more Bastards until after The Backyard Bastard Bash, at which several guys got Mag Bastards. These were the 380 variety. So as to when John started getting a hold of easier stuff, I'm not sure. That's a big time gap. I suspect that Steve's bend was done on the tougher stock.

How much did the Original stock calibrated at? It sure can't be harder than the dark one I have? Which at 6.25" Will be at or harder than a shiny bastard. If it's harder then a big wow to the mag bend on it!

Thanks Scott!! You're welcome to join the race, we'll see who gets it first :D

Thanks for the support Zach :tongue I'll prove you wrong no worries ;)

Thanks Kevin, Alawadhi, Bob, Mats, pklidaras, and Mike. Gazza, thanks man it was your inspiring Fantastic Shiny Bend that got me to kill this.

You guys might have missed it last night because I originally accidentally posted it in the GB forum, not bending and then it was moved.

Eric, that's fine, I'm sure this square is harder than the average G8 and I thought that counted for enough because technically if you're going to say that why not batch test everything everyone bends just to "make sure" it's harder than a lower stock? Why should an easy bastard be higher than a really hard G8? Because of the average one is higher by your numbers, and I thought that's what counted but nevermind my bad.

Edited by vikingsrule92

u are ONE viking warrior in a young body .. lets see the damage u are going to do in the next years... damm i am impressed!

Yeah Scott, Jump in on the race!! The more the merrier!! :D Get that Mag man!! (although I'm gonna get it first! ;) )I ate a huge bowl of Wheaties this morning, took my Centrum Silver, and de-moralized the Mag bars I have(I made them sleep with their dead Grand cousin, and stare at their mortally wounded Mag brother all day!! Mwa-hahahah! :devil) I fully expect the next Mag I attempt to melt like a coat hanger on the first hit!! :D LOL!!

Yeah Scott, Jump in on the race!! The more the merrier!! :D Get that Mag man!! (although I'm gonna get it first! ;) )I ate a huge bowl of Wheaties this morning, took my Centrum Silver, and de-moralized the Mag bars I have(I made them sleep with their dead Grand cousin, and stare at their mortally wounded Mag brother all day!! Mwa-hahahah! :devil) I fully expect the next Mag I attempt to melt like a coat hanger on the first hit!! :D LOL!!

You're a mean bender!

I'd be willing to jump in the race aswell. But I'll be getting my mags in a couple off weeks. I plan to pamper my mags and make them soft and weak and when they start trusting me, BAAM I GO FOR THE KILL!!!

Alright guys, looks like i'm in this thing! :rock

Hope you guys are happy with a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place finish that you are gonna get.

Hahaha you guys are so funny!!! You think you're going to win .... it's so cute that you think you're stronger than me :D;) Be prepared to be embarassed by a person who can't even drive yet fellas!!!!!

Hilarious! Whatever helps you sleep at night Derek!

When are you going to attempt the Mag again?

I think we should all attempt it on the same day and either you get it or you don't. I would hate for you guys to miss out on getting 2nd place because you took another rest day and the other guys didn't.

If we all bend it I'll consider us all winners! :rock

I was thinkin' next tuesday/wednesday maybe? :D

Wednesday, that's my bend day already. As long as that's okay with everyone else.

Scott, the only thing that's hilarious is how you think you're going to beat me and i'll be sleeping fine once I beat a bunch of people 5-15 years older than me to the Mag!

So will the tiebreaker be time? Or will it just be a tie if more than one person gets it?

Wednesday, that's my bend day already. As long as that's okay with everyone else.

Scott, the only thing that's hilarious is how you think you're going to beat me and i'll be sleeping fine once I beat a bunch of people 5-15 years older than me to the Mag!

So will the tiebreaker be time? Or will it just be a tie if more than one person gets it?

I say first person gets it!!! First one with a video up on here showing the completion of the bend. Showdown time anyone?? I don't know what obligations everyone has that day, I do know that I have college until like 3:00, and I'm sure someone has to be at work probably, so what about some time in the evening? 7? 8? Does this sound good?

I say first person gets it!!! First one with a video up on here showing the completion of the bend. Showdown time anyone?? I don't know what obligations everyone has that day, I do know that I have college until like 3:00, and I'm sure someone has to be at work probably, so what about some time in the evening? 7? 8? Does this sound good?

I'm in too guys, but I get to use a prop of my choice....I'm leaning towards a vise grip at this point....

Nah I think that's unfair, it depends on time of the day and everything like that. And then we have to decide upon what time zone and everything like that. I say whoever's younger automatically wins if he gets it :D;) Haha nah I think time is a fair decider.

Nah I think that's unfair, it depends on time of the day and everything like that. And then we have to decide upon what time zone and everything like that. I say whoever's younger automatically wins if he gets it :D;) Haha nah I think time is a fair decider.

Time zones.....I guess that gives you about 3 more hours than me right? LOL!!! JK! :D

Dang I didn't know you wimps would have to wait so long to heal up!

I changed my mind because of all this talk of time zones and tie breakers. I say...

First to post wins :rock

Good Luck!

I changed my mind because of all this talk of time zones and tie breakers. I say...

Good Luck!

I say NO!!!! I just bent yesterday and I just did a s***load of kettlebell work today and my shoulders are toast. I need at least til Sunday for it to be fair. Before that's just unreasonable Scott

Edited by vikingsrule92

Good Luck!

On wednesday, of course!! Some of us have busted our tails in the last few days with these PR's, need some rest!! And besides that, it's only fair that we start in the evening/late afternoon. I'm sure people have to work, have school, or have other obligations during the day. That's why I mentioned it before. Besides, while us "wimps" are healing up, that gives you more time to recouperate too right?? :D :D

Edited by Foxman

Works for me Fox, I have school til 3 and I usually work out from 4-6 so late evening works for me!

Works for me Fox, I have school til 3 and I usually work out from 4-6 so late evening works for me!

Sweet, me too. I have college until 3, and family duties too, so late evening is great for me! That's when I usually bend anyway. :D

Sweet, me too. I have college until 3, and family duties too, so late evening is great for me! That's when I usually bend anyway. :D

Cool Fox, may the best man win :rock:rock

Same here buddy!!! :rock

Wow Derek!!!! Congrats on that Grand Bastard :rock:rock I get to see the video tomorrow :D Good luck on your Race!!!

Before that's just unreasonable Scott

I'm not trying to be unreasonable, this is just for fun man don't get defensive, there is no need for it.

Besides this is a RACE, am I correct? Why should I have to wait for you guys to get all rested up? We have all had enough time to train and you all knew it was a RACE.

Nobody else's races on the board had people waiting to get rested up, it was just whoever gets it done first wins PERIOD

Hypothetically let's say that I bend the Mag on Monday at noon and then Derek bends it at 4:00pm. I would consider me and Derek tied for first place and if Fox gets it on that day also, we are all tied in my eyes. :cool