British Hand Strength Championships 2008

mobsterone

You get one if you're competing. Do you want an extra one? Also I might NOT be able to get the print on the back now - they want an extra £4.00 which takes the shirts over what I'd need to pay.

Nah, just one. I don't mind paying a bit extra for a backprint.

They're not white, are they? White is not flattering to the huskier gentleman.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobsterone

• CoC#3

• David Horne

• The Mac

you're back to 10 steve - im sorry but i just cant continue with this, i have to pull out. Ive kept my wrist in a splint, ice baths every night, various joint capsules, tablets, wraping the wrist for everything, an nothing is making any difference, all i get is pain - i wanted to compete but if im honest with myself im only being stupid trying to >the right (good) wrist injury has now got worse due to weaver stick, an work is nigh on impossible so theres no other option for me

Shame. I told you to bloody rest it weeks ago when you were still training (I'm as stupid ha ha). There's a shirt for you - so get your arse down for the day to meet the guys and cheer the others on. Hopefully, once healed, you'll be fired up enough for next year or an event later on this year. Get well.

I am with Steve. First of all get yourself healed. Second, go and get certed on the vulcan gripper at level 22 :D

Sorry to hear this Paul. If it is affecting your work that's the main thing. Get it healed so you can get back to work again. It would be great to see you supporting the event anyway mate.

Edited by CoC#3

I told you to lay off as well, perhaps next time you'll listen to experience :dry

Now, go get yourself better, and REST!

Steve; What's the closest train station to the Whey?

Gloucester. It's 10 or so minutes walk from my street, the gym and my house.

Oh, God! That's 3 hours on a train that leaves Manchester at 6:21a.m.! I'm gonna be fried before I even weigh in! :whacked

i wish everybody the best of luck (im sure records will be broken), but i think if i went down now id end up pulling a david horne (though instead of winning id just further the injuries!) >id like to compete in grip again this year if the wrists let me, training for strongman contest in june now though

Paul,

Shame to hear of your injuries.

I'll give you some advice now, clear the injuries now before any comps (strongman or grip). See the docs, find out what's the problem, and then when you know, start rehab, lots of it! With the rehab, and then the prehab, you will be fine.

All the best,

David

Paul,

Shame to hear of your injuries.

I'll give you some advice now, clear the injuries now before any comps (strongman or grip). See the docs, find out what's the problem, and then when you know, start rehab, lots of it! With the rehab, and then the prehab, you will be fine.

All the best,

David

thanks for the advice - im going the doctors on monday

i want to get them cleared up as soon as possible (for coc try out if i can), but the events of the strongman comp dont really effect it, it only hurts with certain things e.g if i press next to nothing with a barbell i get pain, but i can press anything on a log without

Paul, did my wrist in again last night aswell. Makes 2 of us mate - and it sucks. I'm still competing, no point throwing away 5 months solid training.

Barbell pressing / axle pressing hurts my wrist aswell yet DB pressing or log pressing is fine.

:(

• 2 weeks later...

It's all close now, and just a few sessions to go now. It's all about making sure you don't injure yourself now. Not a lot can be done about gaining strength now, it should all be there really.

Good luck to all!

David

I'm sailing very close to the wind in terms of injuries and the like at the moment. A few more days of borderline obliteration and then its 4 days rest. Numbers are up one day and down the next. We'll see.

Paul if you've been taking anti-inflammatories quit them.

You'll be getting nothing but short term benefits.

In fact studys have proven that anti-inflammatories slow down the healing process.

Complete rest from now on, Fred, I mean it. The temptation to train will be high, but this close to comp, you'll be doing more harm than good. Light powerball and contrast baths 'til Sat.

I can't see where Fred posted but yes. My last day, which is grippers with Sam, is tomorrow. After that I will do 20 mins or so every day limbering, stretching and so on. Nothing else at all. I have to double check the plates which were weighed before (just remark where needed) and we will tidy up and lay everything out Friday afternoon. Mike brought over a large fridge which is in the back space. That will go on on Thursday and I'll put some juice etc in it then.

I can't see where Fred posted but yes
He didn't, we've been texting, but I wanted to make doubly sure that he understood; youthful exuberance and all that.

Ah how correct you all are.

Bought me a weight bench and sorted a broomstick for weaver and thoroughly moistened myself on them this evening. Bad fred.

On the plus side I am hapily clicking my 3 from a 20mm hose clamp which is fine to just have tn the van at work.

Always hitting over 5kg on weaver but hurts the wrist like hell sometimes.

Will try to resist temptation.

Apologies for lack of correspondance (twig esp) but destroyed my phone; new one on the way and had to sort some troubles with a spicily tempered girlfriend.

All is well now.

Roll on sat, excited to compete more than be good. Not been doing alot and think it will rekindle my interest if nothing else.

Also found a mega flint at work which I will lift one handed (across the top) hard at the moment (harder than a blob anyhow).

Fred