• mobsterone

• CoC#3

• David Horne

• The Mac

Are the results in already?

I'm really curious ;)

1st Steve

2nd David.

David has a full breakdown of all the lifts i know they were going for a pint so results will be along shortly.

Just back after 4 well deserved pints of ice cold Guinness and as Mike says David now has the paper work with the full and proper results. From my now hazy memory it was Gripper me, two hand pinch David with me in 2nd at 105.5-kilos (I think),still 1st I then won the thumbless Rolling Thunder and followed that with a decent left hand and a solid WR equaling (my 4th if passed would have been a 1/2-kilo more) 8.10-kilos right hand. I think I was 22 points ahead at this point and four events in the middle of the pack were spread by only 6 or so points.

As per chats with David, when we weren't pulling each other legs about '11 times winning Steve, can you imagine?' etc we both knew that you can have good days and bad days on the one hand lift. I wasn't too bad but not as locked in or sharp as last year. As per many years of advice from David I did enough. No PB's. no records, just enough.

For all the aches and pains I had pre-event and no doubt will almost certainly have post event (it comes with what we do) what won me the first place trophy today was my head. Standing on the platform, headphones on, more than once I asked myself 'how badly do you want this'. 'You ache, your muscles have been spasming all day, you almost certainly peaked on at least two events three weeks ago... do you want to win or what?'.

Apparently I did.

I'm just back, and now gonna have my meal.

Congrats to Steve - well done!

David

Cheers David. I'm just about to pound down a stack of nosh myself. :rock

well done to all! special congrats to Steve for taking the crown against such a field!!!

I wonder how many people would actually have a chance of beating him in an all round grip contest these days...

MASSIVE welldone to Steve. I'll post that #4 off to you on Monday you deserve it mate.

My writeup... will write more tomorrow bit knackered at the moment so sorry if i forget anyone everyone was impressive it was a great day! Nice to see all the regular grip guys again and meet all the new guys.

GRIPPERS

First event. i was hyped going into this and did ok, but not as well as i had hoped. I ended up with 3.54L and 3.29R almost got the 3.54R and the 3.65L but it wasn't to be on the day. I made the mistake of jumping into the 4.01 gripper 2nd attempt and even though it wasn't that far away from closed it was a waste of effort. Mobster's left hand managed 3.29 and his right a 3.65. His 4.01 attempt with the 20mm block was less than 1mm off this time - and the most impressive thing of the lot is the set that was used (it wasn't too far off a credit card width prob about 35-40mm). Mob has my vote for the first person to CCS the #4. Lots of competitors closed the #3 (2.96) and even though it isn't the hardest #3 going it is great to see loads of people in one venue closing the #3 this easily. Even Fred (who has less than 6 months training under his belt) closed this gripper. Impressive.

2 HAND PINCH

Amazing efforts from David and Steve here i think they got 109 and 105 give or take a kilo or 2. Can't remember exactly. I picked up no points on this lift. I opened with 80kg and failed it 4 times. Lesson to be learnt there. :( I think most of the boys were in the 70-80kg range with 1 or 2 lifts exceeding 80kg but not too sure.

ROLLING THUNDER

Thick bar daddy wins again! 105kg on a fairly new handle, that was an awesome lift Steve respect for that one mate. I didn't do too badly but missed 95kg R and was disappointed as i had hit more in training. Fred was good at this and managed some good lifts, especially for having little experience with the kit.

WEAVER STICK

Good battle between David and Steve but the crowd got really bored with this event so the atmosphere was not as good. Still though Steve's final WR lift was amazing and i can't even see how this sort of weight is possible 4kg and my wrist bones feel like they are separating!! Fred did a nice 7kg lift here aswell. Strong wrists mate awesome work. Big Stew gave a good effort on this aswell but the numbers escape me.

ONE HAND LIFT

Great effort from Richard 240kg done beltless aswell nice lift! Again i'm impressed with Fred's effort here, especially for light bodyweight etc... I think me and Steve were about level come the end here with 303kg right and 280kg left i had 1 more go each hand and Steve 1 more go aswell i got air on 303kg left but not high enough and when Steve got 285 left handed i decided to go nuts and go for 333kg no luck this didn't even leave the floor.

Awesome day some great guys sorry i couldn't stick around afterwards because of my train. Nice to see Loz, H, Mike and Chris (The Mac) again all top blokes and a big thanks for the loading the comp couldn't have gone ahead as smoothly without the help of you guys. thanks.

If you haven't competed before and want to in the future go for it Steve is a great guy and runs a greta contest i would recommend any contest he hosts to anyone.

Sam (world's crappest pincher ;) )

has anyone got any decent video / pics my mother sucks with a video camera all that videoing time all she got is a decent view of Mobster in short short chalkin up his thighs he he...

Dunno mate. Watch this space.

looking through the camera again she got your final RT lift (105kg) me will upload in a sec... ;)

I think my missus is still in shock from the sight of you two chalking up your thighs :blink

If I remember right this was the final standings:

Steve

David

Richard

Fred

Stew

Sam

Scott

Me

Well done everyone.

Don't mind being last in this field, the standard was pretty high this year.

Big congrats to the winner Mobster and all competitors from across the pond! :rock great numbers!

Well done to everone who competed. You are an inspiration to us all.

Congratulations Steve :bow and well done to everyone else :rock. Sorry I couldn't be there today.

"BIG AL"

Congrats Steve :rock That's a huge and well deserved win :rock And congrats to all other competitors also :mosher

:rock Congrats to Steve and everyone else that took part,good work fellas.

Congratulations Steve, great accomplishment! :rock :rock :rock Well done to all brave enough to compete.

Congratulations Steve. You've won a pretty distinguished event over even better competition. You are among the best.

Now, I would like to see my internet buddy Nick McGripsexy win one.

WoW! way to go Steve and David - how are your hands? :mosher