Acorn's Training Log

acorn

Just noticed this now. NICE reverse bending PR. That's borderline Bastard territory as far as how they calibrated recently. Great work!

edit: Looks like you bent HRS, but still. You're at least in the same zip code as Bastard territory!

Edited by Cannon

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• acorn

• lifesnotfair

• FrankyBoy

• bencrush

He's just messing around with bending until after the MMG1 cert, then the floodgates will open :D

He's just messing around with bending until after the MMG1 cert, then the floodgates will open :D

Thanks Guys. I had the 1/4sq to about 55-60 deg in one quick hit and with my weaker left hand in front. I managed to smack my RH thumb webbing with a dead blow hammer pretty good last week working on the house and its still tender. The new training tool I made is doing wonders for my wrist supnation/pronation strength. I havent even done any reverse bends in probably 2 months before this. However that plate wrist curl at the end of the last workout hurt my wrist flexion tendon a little. I've been icing and doing contrast baths since and it is starting to feel a little better. wrist and forearm still feels funky and weak though. I did a light gripper test last night just to see if the MM1 cert was in jeapordy. I managed to get a parallel double on my hard 1/8" filed #3 without too much trouble. Still feels a little weird though. I'm hoping its better by this weekend.

- Aaron

Have you tried pullups recently Aaron? I remember you were doing about 16 when you weighted 260. Now at ~230 do you think you're good for a couple more? Or do you imagine you also lost a bit of strength?

Have you tried pullups recently Aaron? I remember you were doing about 16 when you weighted 260. Now at ~230 do you think you're good for a couple more? Or do you imagine you also lost a bit of strength?

I have not tried any recently. I was beating up my hands and forearms pretty good with the training for MM1 and didnt want to risk any forearm muscle pulls like you might see doing alot of pullups on KTA. After the cert I might try some. I probably lost some strength though. I guess we will see. I'm gonna start adding all my workout stuff back in here. I've been trying out a few things and training in stealth mode as a result. btw I finished the diet 2 weeks ago and started transitioning back to regular meals then. Current BW is 228, as I gained a few #s back after adding carbs back in which is normal.

- Aaron

Wrist is feeling a little better. Did small gripper workout last night to test. Strength is down, but should be enough for MM1.

5x#1

2x#2

1xEasy #3

1xFiled Hard #3

2x1xBBE @ 1/16 mount missed by <1mm on both attempts.

Block Front levers

10x35#

Block Rear levers

18x35#

- Aaron

Wanted to get a few video closes in tonight as well as test the warmup procedure I plan to use for Sat on the MM1. The warmup I used definately made a difference. I felt like I was close to full power even thought the wrist is still a little gimpy.

warmup

hot water soak for hands, clench and unclench rapidly for 90sec at a time. Repeated 3 times

easy powerball for 2 min. went as high as 12k. but mostly steady state to get my forearm warmed up some.

3x#1

2x#2

1xEasy #3

2x1xHard filed #3 video closes

1xBBE @ 1/16 mount closed, video closed

1xBBSE @ 1/4 mount 2 7/8 spread(MM3 specs) Closed PR, video closed and uploaded to my gallery.

1 attempt IM 3.5 to a hair videoed

Block front levers

15x35# last 3 were a little sloppy

Block rear levers

20x35#

- Aaron

Edited by acorn

Geez, Aaron. It's creepy to watch a video of someone closing a gripper I've attempted before. :ohmy

I'm glad you made it adjustable mount. That is a cool idea and a great way to microload, like you said. I squeezed this gripper once while I had it...took it to maybe CCS width, and really hurt my index finger. :trout

Kill your cert this weekend!

Thanks guys. I can only hope the MM1 cert vid is as clear.

I made an 2 3/8 handle dumbell yesterday for some inch training.

1x110 LH

3x1x125 LH

1x125 RH

2x1x145 RH

- Aaron

yesterday

MM1 cert

bending

60d reverse

bastard attempt reverse (1penny kink)

7x5/16Hex 12L14 DO

6.5x11/32CRS attempt DO 1 penny kink

isos

dumbell 2 3/8 handle

lifts up to 125 lefty, 145 righty

cheat curl with 95

2HP 2 5/8 thickness

1x115

1x155

1x165

1x175 PR

1x185 PR

0x195 pulled to just below knees PR

Other stuff I cant remember.

- Aaron

Another great day for you Aaron. Hard work pays off!

Thanks John!

Still sore from sunday, but did a little bit on grippers last night mostly LH.

LH

#1x5

#2x10

2x easy #3 attempt to 1/16

RH

#1x5

#2x1

2x Easy #3 CCS. Closed first one, 2nd missed by 1/16

- Aaron

Last night

little bit grippers

5x#1

2x#2

2xEasy #3

1x Filed Hard #3

1x BBE@ 1/16 mount

2 attempts at #3.5 both <1/8

3 severe Negs Hard #4

Bending

6.5x11/32 CRS moved from 10deg (last workout) to 50 deg

7x11/32 Stainless 1 penny kink

crushdown Isos

7x.358 drillrod moved to just under 2.5" from just over

6x5/16 shiny still stuck at 1/4 out

- Aaron

Nice. Is that the "mutant" #4? This workout seems pretty brutal, actually. How's it feel today?

Nice. Is that the "mutant" #4? This workout seems pretty brutal, actually. How's it feel today?

Yep, thats the one. 4.36 on the rating scale. Had a hell of a time even setting it. Had to do the eletrical tape on the finger side of the handle thing. The Negs with it were held all the way out. Feels fine today. Forearms are a little sore, but thats probably from the bending. That and I opened a new tear on the side of my left middle finger knuckle on the 11/32 stainless. :mosher

- Aaron

Edited by acorn

Ok I've see everyone elses log so I thought I would add my training starting today.

Some bending

2X 3/16X7"

2X IM white

2X IM green

1X 3/16X7" sq

2X 3/16X6" Sq

1X 3/16X5"

1X 3/16X4.5" sq

1X 1/4X7.5"

2X IM yellow

1X 16Penny Framing nail coated

left wrist a bit sore after the bending

Levering

6lb sledge

Front right 22"X 5reps

Front Left 16"X 9reps

Rear Right 28"X 6reps

Rear Left 24"X 8reps

to ear Right 25"X 6 reps

to ear Left 24"X 6 reps

Pronation&Supnation Right 16"X10, Left 14"X10

Front right 20"X8reps

Front Left 16"X10reps

Rear right 28"X8reps

Rear left 24"X8reps

Gripping

TX 10 reps right and left

#1X8reps right

#1X8reps left last 2 forced neg

#2X4reps only closed 1st, rest were forced neg

#2X3reps forced neg

TX3 overcrushes

TX10 reverse grip both hands

So pumped I can barely type.

- Aaron

Aaron, I was checking out your progress since 5-29-06! Your a freak, keep up the great work!

Isn't envy a capital sin or anything? Whatever, I just gotta envy someone who progresses so much SO QUICKLY !!! :)

Inspiring stuff. Can't wait till Aaron does pullups and benchpress again though :tongue

you guys are making me blush. besides my strength coach in college called me Mutant Troll Beast, I like that one better than freak. :tongue

- Aaron

Felt like blowing out the cobwebs tonight.

Powerball 5min

Grippers

5x#1

3x#2

Filed HG300 LH

Easy #3 RH

Easy #3 LH

Filed #3 RH

#3 miss 3/8 forced in and Neg LH

adj BBE @ 1/16 mount miss 1/16

Filed HG300 miss 1/4 LH

Flush BBE RH

Filed #3 LH Neg

BBSE @ 1/4 mount miss 1/8 RH

Filed #3 LH Neg

BBSE @ 1/4 mount 3x1 assisted closes RH

3/4" 2HP

1x85

1x95

1x105

1x115 PR

1x120 PR

RT

1x110

1x135

1x145

12x145 RH

2" vbar

1x135

1x160

1x180 RH

1x205 RH PR

1x210 RH PR

Bending

6.5x11/32 CRS at 50deg from prev workout, moved to 100deg

7x11/32 stainless moved from 1penny to 2 penny kink, then prekinked to 30 deg and did 10x isos

7x5/16 Hex stainless at 4" 3x isos

7x.358 drill rod at 2 7/16 from prev 3x isos

8x11/32 CRS straight isos 3 penny kink

6.5x5/16 stainless 2minutes

5.75x5/16 stainless to 3" then added 1/2 ext for 6.25 total length and finished to 2" after 5 minute fight Length PR

wrists

Peg Dup Ext

9x7.5#

15x5#

Peg Dup Flex

15x15#

Block front levers

10x35# 25+10

Block Rear Levers

15x45# 25+10+10

this was a 3+ hr session. my forearms and everything else is so pumped I can barely type.

- Aaron

Edited by acorn

Nice PRs.

Well done AC.

As if I didnt abuse myself enough, I just did one more bend.

10"x1/2" 6061 aluminum. had to prekink to 7" between legs cause I could not move it at all braced. Finished it from there with quite a bit of trouble.

- Aaron

That is a LONG grip session bud!! Great stuff. Great work on the 3/4" 2HP and nice to see you doing RT!