Acorn's Training Log

acorn

Great session.

Can't wait to see you hurting the MM1 after going through KTA.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• acorn

• lifesnotfair

• FrankyBoy

• bencrush

Great session.

Can't wait to see you hurting the MM1 after going through KTA.

Thanks Franky I hope it goes well.

Last night I hit the gym. Forgot to bring my notebook so I don't have the complete gripper workout though

gym:

Bench

7x135

5x185

10x225 (fast and easy, prolly could have got 15 or more)

Pullups

15xBW of 242

DB presses

5x60

5x80

grippers

Highlights were squeezed my 3.5 down to less than 1/4 on what was supposed to be a neg. after forcing it in, it only opened a little. also got a SH of 5# with my filed #3. Looking forward to trying my BBE again next week. I only had a chance to do 11 of the 16 planned singles last night though because of time and energy constraints. Also did some light plate wrist curls and levering with the ez-curl bar.

- Aaron

So you write this stuff down? .. I wonder if most people write them down, I just try to remember what I did... heh, and if I can't exactly remember 1 or 2 things from the whole workout, that's ok.... :P

Great stuff man! .. I seem to remember you doing 15 pullups @ 260 BW ... you've lost nearly 20lbs since, it seems... has it been mostly fat, or do you feel any weaker? Nice benching too :)

So you write this stuff down? .. I wonder if most people write them down, I just try to remember what I did... heh, and if I can't exactly remember 1 or 2 things from the whole workout, that's ok.... :P

Great stuff man! .. I seem to remember you doing 15 pullups @ 260 BW ... you've lost nearly 20lbs since, it seems... has it been mostly fat, or do you feel any weaker? Nice benching too :)

Thanks, and yes I think alot of it was fat. But I do feel weaker. My belt has come in 3 holes though and everything feels baggy so thats good. Also I try to keep a decent workout journal. Helps alot for historical referencing to see what works and what doesn't.

- Aaron

Great pullup strength Aaron! And nice benching too.

Thanks Ben, it seems rare anymore that I actually get into the gym to lift. Gotta get more consistent.

Workout last night grippers felt a little weaker than the day before. Probably because I did not have a nice bench/upper body workout to warm up.

Grippers

warmup

RH

Easy #3

BBE NC

Filed HG300 OC 6sec

BBE NC opened to 1/16

Filed HG300 SH 5# 3sec

ISG DA NC 329

Filed HG300 OC

ISG DA NC 329

Filed HG300 SH 5#

ISG DA NC 329

Filed #3 OC

ISG DA NC 329

Filed HG300 SH 5#

#3.5 NC

Filed HG300 OC

BBE NC

Filed HG300 SH 5# 7sec

LH

Easy #3

Filed #3 NC

#2 OC

MM2 NC

#2 SH 5# 6sec

ISG DA NC 329

BBSM OC

ISG DA NC 329

#2 SH 5# 7sec

ISG DA NC 329

#2 OC

ISG DA NC 329

#2 SH 5# 7sec

MM2 NC

BBSM OC

MM2 NC

#2 SH 5# 7sec

TTK

RH 15x14#

LH 13x13#

- Aaron

First afterburn workout this evening followed by some bending. John Eaton was watching on the webcam for the last 2 bends.

Bending

8x1/4sq HRS

8x5/16 HRS

8x5/16 HRS

6x5/16 stainless round to 2 3/8

8x5/16 HRS

7x5/16Hex 12L14 little tougher than standard hex I think

8x5/16 HRS

6.5x5/16 stainless round to 1 5/8 in about 3 minutes

- Aaron

NICE!!!

NICE!!!

Thanks Franky, it felt good to finally get one of those in a single attempt.

Ok so yesterday was the 1st day of phase 3 week 1 or deload. grippers felt good and I got a couple PRs. I closed my MM2 dud 4 times and either closed or got within a hair of closing my tough BBE. The first close on the MM2 the handles actually ground a little. Also closed my filed HG300 LH. Last night I got worked on by a massage therapist to see if he could do anything with my pec issues. He found some scar tissue that he said felt like a big ligament in a place that has none, Cool. The area in near the tendon connection point on the pec at the armpit. 2hr session and I am all bruised up today. But I feel better.

- Aaron

Great progress on the grippers AC!

You keep progressing on the grippers, and at a fast pace!!

May I ask if you got your "pec issues" back when you were benching over 500 years ago, or was this a recent thing?

You keep progressing on the grippers, and at a fast pace!!

May I ask if you got your "pec issues" back when you were benching over 500 years ago, or was this a recent thing?

pec issue was recent. Did it in september going too hard on my first trys reverse bending with bad technique. I strained/pulled a few things including the pec. maybe even small tear, I don't know. everything else healed up good except the pec.

- Aaron

All the best for the weekend AC.

And please take a Yellow with you! :inno

• 3 weeks later...

Sunday I had an attempt on a stout FBBC bar that left me bleeding. Felt like both my index fingers broke on the second hit. Tore a nice flap of skin on the side of my middle finger knuckle on the 3rd hit. Got a 3 penny kink in it. Then crushed down another large almost as nasty FBBC bar from 60deg after taping my finger up. Closed my MM2 dup, and did a bunch of other stuff. workout took about 3.5hrs. Had some of the guys on the webcam.

Just messing around last night. no training was scheduled but I decided to try a bar I hadn't bent before as it was taunting me. It took a few minutes but the 7x .348 drill rod went down. nasty piece of steel. Also closed my Filed #3 a few times.

- Aaron

Had a quick session last night after getting home pretty late. Couple of PRs though.

Grippers

RH

#1x2

#2x1

Easy #3 x1

Filed #3x1

Filed #3x1

MM2 Dupx1

MM2 Dupx1

#3.5 attempt to about 3/8 forced in and turned neg

Pinch LH

2x 4 10s

1x2x 5 10s (PR and goal for LH)

Thin 3/4" 2hand Pinch

worked up to 110 for a single (PR)

RT LH

8x110

Sledge hammer curls 6#

2x8x 24"

LWC

extensions

16x5#

- Aaron

Great workout Aaron! Nice grippers and pinching man. Good to see you training that 3/4" thin pinch.

Thanks Ben. I've been getting stronger for sure. Still trying to cut weight though makes it hard to get stronger. Gonna start the velocity diet from T-nation and afterburn tomorrow to try and drop some more quickly. Most of my Supps for it came in today. Current BW is 241#

Edited by acorn

• 3 weeks later...

Ok progress update. Still doing the V-diet. Let me be the first to tell you that it is Brutal! Had the final weigh in for my weight loss comp at work today. I was 228 in just shorts or 233 with clothes and shoes this morning. Thats 13#s in the last 2 weeks for those keeping score. Also 32# or 12.1%bf since Nov. 6th. Looks like I won it by alot. Grippers are continuing to be strong, especially after my weekly solid meal. Been working grippers daily right hand at a lower volume nightly and a greasing the groove set in the mornings. Doing RT lefty daily. Both have come up considerably. Also have been doing sledge hammer curls, Peg dup extensions and flexions every other day. Also doing weights 3x per week per the V-diet recommendations. 2 weeks of this diet left. Hope I can hang in there, would be cool to see abs again.

- Aaron

Allow me to be the first one to congratulate you man!! You were like 260 a couple of months ago, weren't you?

Don't slack off, keep it up. You're losing weight AND gaining strength (at least in the hands, from what I read).. that's neat! Can you post a link to the V-diet? I'm just curious.

Allow me to be the first one to congratulate you man!! You were like 260 a couple of months ago, weren't you?

Don't slack off, keep it up. You're losing weight AND gaining strength (at least in the hands, from what I read).. that's neat! Can you post a link to the V-diet? I'm just curious.

Thank you very much. Here are a couple of links to info on it. If anyone has questions about it let me know.

V-diet

V-diet part 2, updates

- Aaron

• 3 weeks later...

today

treadmill 20min

Squats

20x165#

T-pushups

12x

seated hammer strength rows

6x340#

swiss ball crunches

2x20

Bending

Haven't bent much in the last 6weeks. been trying to stay strong in the grippers for the MM1 cert.

60d reverse

7x1/4sq HRS reverse to 70deg PR

6.25xFBBC shiny to 2 7/8 then added 1/2" extension and finished off.

7x3/8 307A CYI bolt

Block front levers

8x36#

Block rear levers

15x36#

Plate wrist curl

8x25# RH

Also a few light gripper squeezes before the bending.

- Aaron

Edited by acorn