European Grip Championships 2006

burkhardmacht

By whom? Not you :flame

You'll never know... If someone can spank him before the event, he may be able to unlock his super swede powers!! It ain't over until the fat lady bawls her head off... hehe!

i did 3 reps on 105 today, both hands, felt quite easy

RT thumbless?

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• burkhardmacht

• mobsterone

• Martin_Arildsson

• Mikael Siversson

By whom? Not you :flame

You'll never know... If someone can spank him before the event, he may be able to unlock his super swede powers!! It ain't over until the fat lady bawls her head off... hehe!

i did 3 reps on 105 today, both hands, felt quite easy

RT thumbless?

No! trying to get mobster a little worried :D you have to psych your apponents befour competition

Ok - pounds or ounces? :flame

Haha, in Sweden we use kilograms, not pounds like you do in UK :flame

Ok - 105-kilos would be awesome. Here in the UK our older means of measuring weight was the imperial method and under that a stone is 14 pounds. So 100 stones would be 1400lbs. Some other countries have their version of stones which weigh between 4 and 7 pounds. So 100 stones there would be 400-700lbs. I'll take ALL the suggested weights, pounds, ounces, kilos or stones of any kind with a pinch of salt. :flame

Oh and you'll note we use the metric system as well - have done for a while now. Hence my logs use of kilos most times.

Edited by mobsterone

Ok - 105-kilos would be awesome. Here in the UK our older means of measuring weight was the imperial method and under that a stone is 14 pounds. So 100 stones would be 1400lbs. Some other countries have their version of stones which weigh between 4 and 7 pounds. So 100 stones there would be 400-700lbs. I'll take ALL the suggested weights, pounds, ounces, kilos or stones of any kind with a pinch of salt. :flame

Oh and you'll note we use the metric system as well - have done for a while now. Hence my logs use of kilos most times.

Hehe, just joking :kiss

Is Johan A. already sure that he will compete?

Marco Bouma (NL) will compete!

Marco Bouma (NL) will compete!

Sent a mail to mr korte yesterday. I think Martin did it too. see you all in germany!

Very good! So he can find hotel rooms for You!

Just talked with Johan, and he said he will come. He hasn't been able to reply because of a computercrash. So I don't know if he has e-mail mr. Korte.

Just talked with Johan, and he said he will come. He hasn't been able to reply because of a computercrash. So I don't know if he has e-mail mr. Korte.

Good news. I will email Hermann Korte, that Johann want to come.

GRIPPERS!

To all owners of the rated gripppers (3.0, 3.54, 3.65, 3.81 etc.) used in the european championships, irongrip and LGC competitions:

it is important to have the rated grippers at the european grip competition in august. Please send them to Hermann Korte. I'm pretty sure Mr. Korte will pay for the shipping. Otherwise it's not possible to set new records and we all want to see new records :rock

Flo

Edited by Florian Kellersmann

Martin has my 2 grippers (3.54, 3.65), so maybe he will send them.

David

Still? Didn't it take 3 months to get them back last time? I sent David his rated grippers back 4 days after the British not months.

Martin has my 2 grippers (3.54, 3.65), so maybe he will send them.

David

Still? Didn't it take 3 months to get them back last time? I sent David his rated grippers back 4 days after the British not months.

I thought I could bring them to the contest, or if mr. Korte wants to, I think I can send them a.s.a.p. (I don't want to do a "Steve" :inno )

I'll ask Arne later this week about the other grippers.

EDIT: Let me try the 3.81 first! :D

Edited by Martin_Arildsson

Martin, all joking aside. If, as I did, I borrow something to use for an event from someone I ensure, as I did, that they get the same item back as soon as possible.

Your now very old and tired quip about doing 'a Steve' is it has to be said annoying. As you well know and as repeated in this thread I 1) sent the items you required once I had confirmation that David had given permission at the earliest opportunity to you. That you should think 'doing a Steve' means I am responsible for both the UK and Swedish post office is purile (the UK post office, while no great shakes and in spite of their 'three days or less' delivery promise for which they failed miserably actually were quicker than their Swedish partners who held the items for four days - did they do a Steve . 2) I also sent back the remainder of David Horne's grippers within 4 days of the British event taking place. Perhaps 'doing a Martin' will be symbolic of holding otno something too long or even making silly jokes??

Returning the items as soon as is posible is to me is just good manners. I do not borrow grippers for an event an then hold onto them for months after so I can 'have a go at a 3.81'. If someone does me a favour I try not to take too much, if at all, of an advantage of their helpful nature. I am aware that following the Swedish competition the grippers were late coming back from that - taking some 2 months or so and now here we are some 2 months on again and you haven't returned David's grippers to him. You only made the definite decision to compete in the Europeans two weeks or less ago. That leaves at least 6 weeks in which they could have been sent back but were not. David will have plenty to train on but at the same time they are his.

So as to not have me think too badly of you can you explain why they have not yet been returned? I felt no need to test myself on calibrated grippers between events or to do so over an extended period of time. Indeed, you might not think this is true, but I never even tried the grippers until the actual competition.

I'll give Martin all the nesessary (calibrated) grippers for the contest.

Edited by Arne

Martin, all joking aside. If, as I did, I borrow something to use for an event from someone I ensure, as I did, that they get the same item back as soon as possible.

Your now very old and tired quip about doing 'a Steve' is it has to be said annoying. As you well know and as repeated in this thread I 1) sent the items you required once I had confirmation that David had given permission at the earliest opportunity to you. That you should think 'doing a Steve' means I am responsible for both the UK and Swedish post office is purile (the UK post office, while no great shakes and in spite of their 'three days or less' delivery promise for which they failed miserably actually were quicker than their Swedish partners who held the items for four days - did they do a Steve . 2) I also sent back the remainder of David Horne's grippers within 4 days of the British event taking place. Perhaps 'doing a Martin' will be symbolic of holding otno something too long or even making silly jokes??

Returning the items as soon as is posible is to me is just good manners. I do not borrow grippers for an event an then hold onto them for months after so I can 'have a go at a 3.81'. If someone does me a favour I try not to take too much, if at all, of an advantage of their helpful nature. I am aware that following the Swedish competition the grippers were late coming back from that - taking some 2 months or so and now here we are some 2 months on again and you haven't returned David's grippers to him. You only made the definite decision to compete in the Europeans two weeks or less ago. That leaves at least 6 weeks in which they could have been sent back but were not. David will have plenty to train on but at the same time they are his.

So as to not have me think too badly of you can you explain why they have not yet been returned? I felt no need to test myself on calibrated grippers between events or to do so over an extended period of time. Indeed, you might not think this is true, but I never even tried the grippers until the actual competition.

You don't have to get so angry, it was just a lame joke!

The reason why I had the grippers so long after LGC XIV, is because I asked David Horne if I could have the grippers till after LGC XV (May 27th). And that was ok with David. When David asked me to send the grippers back to him, because they where needed on the British Iron Grip. I sent them back to him directly! And the reason why I still have the 3.54 and 3.65 is because I thought it would be easier for all if I sent (or even delivered them myself) all the grippers at the same time.

So Steve, please tell me what I did wrong. Just wanted to help... And if there is anything more you want to complain about, please do it via PM.

/The mean swede

Martin, please send the grippers to Hermann Korte before the competition. Do you have the hole set of grippers (2.0 - 3.8x)? It is necessary for the organization to have the grippers in germany before the comp starts (checking out, if there are enough grippers for a fair comp, etc). Also there is a (little) risk that you can't come, then we wouldn't be able to run the contest as we would like. Hope you understand this, Martin.

Also we need the info, who own which gripper. Hermann will send each gripper to its owner (David Horne, Arne, Mikael, etc.) after the competition, if this is OK.

Thanks,

Flo

Martin, please send the grippers to Hermann Korte before the competition. Do you have the hole set of grippers (2.0 - 3.8x)? It is necessary for the organization to have the grippers in germany before the comp starts (checking out, if there are enough grippers for a fair comp, etc). Also there is a (little) risk that you can't come, then we wouldn't be able to run the contest as we would like. Hope you understand this, Martin.

Also we need the info, who own which gripper. Hermann will send each gripper to its owner (David Horne, Arne, Mikael, etc.) after the competition, if this is OK.

Thanks,

Flo

Of course! :)

If it's ok with Arne, I/we send the grippers first week of august.

Thanks,

Flo

Of course! :)

If it's ok with Arne, I/we send the grippers first week of august.

OK. Thanks!