European Grip Championships 2006

burkhardmacht

About fours days left for the organiser to provide the required information on the calibration of the weights.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• burkhardmacht

• mobsterone

• Martin_Arildsson

• Mikael Siversson

No need for calibration if certified competition plates are used (e.g. Eleiko's competition line).

What kind of info do you need?

A full list of all weights that are going to be used in the vbar and pinch. The brand, the nominal weight and the actual weight (not required for certified competition plates; e.g. Eleiko's competition plates).

The address of the postoffice if the weights were calibrated there.

If a rented certified scale was used instead, the organiser needs to provide the same type of information as Frank did; the brand of the scale, the company and the accuracy of the scale.

Basically the organiser has to show how he can guarantee that the actual weight is no more than 0.25 per cent lighter than the calibrated value (same rule as for IPF powerlifting for world championships which seems reasonable).

If the accuracy of the certified scale for example is within 0.5 per cent this would mean that a calibrated 175k would weigh 174.125 - 175.875k. The organiser then needs to add a calibrated 0.5k disc (minimum actual weight allowed would be 0.9975 x 175k).

As virtually all competitions thus far have been held at moderate elevations in the mid-latitudes we can disregard differences in gravity (in line with IPF and IWF).

Edited by Mikael Siversson

I guess he means calibrated competition plates, no list is needed. If he likes, Mikael can contact him.

No need for calibration if certified competition plates are used (e.g. Eleiko's competition line). If Korte has weighed uncalibrated weights then he need to contact me about the details like the other organizers have done, assuming he is interested in having records made official by the inventors of the two standardised events (i.e. me and David Horne).

I am spending enough time as it is on updating record lists etc. I can live without records being officially recognised at the Europeans so it will be up to the competitors to ask Korte nicely to provide the GripBoard with calibration details (assuming that non-certified plates are used) well before the contest takes place.

Three days to go and still no word on the calibration method (and yes I have emailed the organiser). Hopefully we will get this soon.

Calibration data will have to be presented BEFORE the competition starts. Otherwise no possible WR's will be recognised and none of the results in the vbar and pinch will enter the top 50 lists.

I guess he means calibrated competition plates, no list is needed. If he likes, Mikael can contact him.

No need for calibration if certified competition plates are used (e.g. Eleiko's competition line). If Korte has weighed uncalibrated weights then he need to contact me about the details like the other organizers have done, assuming he is interested in having records made official by the inventors of the two standardised events (i.e. me and David Horne).

I am spending enough time as it is on updating record lists etc. I can live without records being officially recognised at the Europeans so it will be up to the competitors to ask Korte nicely to provide the GripBoard with calibration details (assuming that non-certified plates are used) well before the contest takes place.

Three days to go and still no word on the calibration method (and yes I have emailed the organiser). Hopefully we will get this soon.

Calibration data will have to be presented BEFORE the competition starts. Otherwise no possible WR's will be recognised and none of the results in the vbar and pinch will enter the top 50 lists.

I told you already that calibrated competition plates are used.

Ivanko competition plates will be used.

I told you already that calibrated competition plates are used.

Good start Florian, good start.

However we also need to know the weight of the vbar and the pinch set up, including the bar, collar etc.

The American organisers went through it. I am sure they cursed me but they complied nonetheless.

Anyway I have outlined what is needed in emails to Hermann.

By calibrated plates I assume you mean certified (i.e., Ivanko guarantees that the actual weight is within 10 grams or 0.25 per cent of the nominal weight).

Best wishes to all competitors !

this year's euro champ is going to be much much stronger than last year's!

have fun guys, looking forward to the results.

david

ah he looks (and probably is) the strongest I agree, but I for one know that anything can happen on the day... ;)

Edited by the swiss

Hi! Me and Jens has arrived! So.... we are stuck at a hotel with nothing to do :)

It will be great fun to meet all of you guys tomorrow!

May the strongest one tomorrow win, and lets have a really good time!

Yes, after almost 6000 "views" on this subject, the time is here!

Good luck to all the participants, be careful, and have fun!

Hubgeezer

Salinas, California USA

some more news:

MartinA 102.5Ks - 2HP

After the 4th event:

1) MartinA

2) Johan

3) Florian

4) MartinR

Okay, it's done.

Mr. Arildsson won 4 events!

The final results:

1. Martin Arildsson

2. Martin Ressel

3. Florian Kellersmann

4. Johan Albrektsson

5. Jens Jepsson

6. Jörgen Holm

7. Marco Bouma

Congratulations!

A big thanks to Franky for all the SMS!!!

Edited by moser1972

Well done Martin and everyone one else.

Top 3 are in the top 3 listing.

Where was Steve Gardener?

David

hey all!

First of all i have to say that the competition was very nice organized and felt very professional.

second im very pleased with my performance in vbar and ohdl. with PR in vbar in competition with a total of 40kg over my last PR. and 25kg over my former PR in that event,.

Big congrats to Martin for the win! and Martin for the second place (might be the name? :D) and Florian for the third!

nice to meet you all!

Big congratulation to Martin for winning the competition. Without a doubt one of the strongest overall in grip in the Grip competition community.

Well done to all the other competitors.

160k left hand by Johan is the highest left hand number recorded. Just need confirmation that the 160k applies solely to the certified Ivanko competition plates (for which calibration is not required prior to the competition).

Good work everyone and well done to Martin. David's pinch record survives yet another major competition...

Nick