European Grip Championships 2006

burkhardmacht

Congratulations to all of you and especially to Martin Arildsson for the victory. Looking forward to the complete results.

//Jim

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• burkhardmacht

• mobsterone

• Martin_Arildsson

• Mikael Siversson

Congrats to MARTIN!!! Well done to all the other competitors.

Okay, it's done.

Mr. Arildsson won 4 events!

The final results:

1. Martin Arildsson

2. Martin Ressel

3. Florian Kellersmann

4. Johan Albrektsson

5. Jens Jepsson

6. Jörgen Holm

7. Marco Bouma

Congratulations!

A big thanks to Franky for all the SMS!!!

Martin Arildson won 3 events. Johan won vbar easily and Martin Ressel dominated the RT! :bow

Congrats to all - some great results!

A couple of questions for Florian and/or Burkhard.

On the official website for the 2006 Euro, the LGC vbar is listed as 1.7k (3.4k added for the total). All other LGC vbars have been around 1.5k. I assume that the heavier weight of the vbar is a result of the addition of some sort of implement to facilitate the use of standard olympic size plates. Is this assumption correct?

I heard that in the pinch the largest Ivanko plates used had a larger diameter than that of the 6mm steel plates of the set up (thus shortening the height of the lift). Is this correct?

Some very good results I must say. Very impressive one hand lifts by Florian for example (I suspected Martin would win that event). Extremely close between Florian and Johan.

Edited by Mikael Siversson

Not sure about the V-bar. I have contact Hermann already. An implement facilitate the use of standard olympic size plates was used. Please wait for further info before you update the records list.

Because of using large plates in the pinch setup we increased the height of the the bar to reach the necessary height of 42 cm.

Not sure about the V-bar. I have contact Hermann already. An implement facilitate the use of standard olympic size plates was used. Please wait for further info before you update the records list.

Because of using large plates in the pinch setup we increased the height of the the bar to reach the necessary height of 42 cm.

Double post.

Edited by Mikael Siversson

You mean you raised the bar a certain distance above 42 cm to compensate for the larger diameter 20k Ivanko discs (so the total lifting height required remained the same?

It is not how David and I intended it to be set up but then again it would only make the lift harder as it makes it harder to tilt the set up in the initial phase of the pull. I will see what David Horne have to say about it. I will leave it up to him to decide (for inclusion of the pinch results in the top 50 lists) as he invented the whole thing.

Good to see Johan finally putting it all together in the vbar with an excellent result.

You mean you raised the bar a certain distance above 42 cm to compensate for the larger diameter 20k Ivanko discs (so the total lifting height required remained the same?

Yes.

It is not how David and I intended it to be set up but then again it would only make the lift harder as it makes it harder to tilt the set up in the initial phase of the pull. I will see what David Horne have to say about it. I will leave it up to him to decide (for inclusion of the pinch results in the top 50 lists) as he invented the whole thing.

I know and I was a little bit worried about it before the competiton starts but it was no problem to tilt the implement.

Part of the reason David and I came up with a diameter between that of a 45 and 35 lb plate for the pinch set up was to reduce the cost of shipping overseas (the 400mm diameter discs are about 20 per cent lighter than they would be if they had the same diameter as 20k oly plates.

Well done Martin and everyone one else.

Top 3 are in the top 3 listing.

Where was Steve Gardener?

David

Here:

As per my log is was for charity. Good work and congrats to Martin. Did you all enjoy a beer after?

very nice numbers. Martin R. really dominated the RT!!?

Glad to see Johan put such good numbers in competition, well deserved.

solid OHL numbers, too!

oh and 103kg with a harder device on the pinch, ugggh!!?!

congratulations!!

david

Edited by the swiss

Thanks!

I have to say, that is was a very nice contest with alot of great and friendly people. And felt very organized! I'd like to come back some day and compete again.

And a BIG thank you to Hermann Korte for all the driving (and everything else too) he did for me and Jens!

Yes, well done Martin.

You put it all together pretty good.

Excellent lifts over-all by everyone. Congrats.

As expected Martin Ressel dominated the RT. Guess his username Martinch says it all. :inno

Thanks to Burki for doing an awesome job as the referee. :rock

Was nice to meet especially Johan A. und Martin A. again, we talked alot and I got some great tips from Martin, thanks.

Thanks Franky! :rock

I just would like to say that it was very nice to meet all the competitors and that it was a nice day!

Congrats to all competitors again, especially Martins ;) and Florian of course! :rock

Johan did a great job too!

The results especially of the gripper event were awesome - on a very high level! The final results have already been corrected (vbar): Johan really did the worldrecord in the vbar lefty with a huge 163,4kg pull (Ivanko competition plates were used on a 3,4kg calibrated vbar setup)! :bow

It was nice to see Jense trying to lift the same weight - he lifted it 1cm or so - great job Jense!! :rock

Florian lifted 140kg in the vbar (lefty) without training (after the vbar event). This was the highest weight a German guy ever pulled on the vbar! :bow So watch out what's possible with some serious vbar training! :rock

Hope, everybody returned home safely! :rock

Edited by Burkhard Macht

Just want to say that I really enjoyed the meeting with the other gripguys from Sweden, Germany and Holland. It was a competition on a high level with a vbar world record by Johan and four guys that closed grippers of 3.54 and harder - tough crowd.

Martin A. won the event as expected and well deserved. He's hard to beat since he has no weak hand. Congrats again, bro :bow