European Grip Championships 2006

burkhardmacht

I have heard about some very strong guys who will probably compete - but let's wait and see until mid July. :rock

Who?! :)

What will the coeffient for RT thumbless be?

I don't know much about the rules etc., but do we need a coefficient? We could use the percentage method (100 points for the highest result), couldn't we?

Mobster should know a coefficient, I guess, since RT thumbless was used in the Iron Grip 2006.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• burkhardmacht

• mobsterone

• Martin_Arildsson

• Mikael Siversson

I have heard about some very strong guys who will probably compete - but let's wait and see until mid July. :rock

Who?! :)

What will the coeffient for RT thumbless be?

I don't know much about the rules etc., but do we need a coefficient? We could use the percentage method (100 points for the highest result), couldn't we?

Mobster should know a coefficient, I guess, since RT thumbless was used in the Iron Grip 2006.

It would be more "balanced" (can't find the right word atm). Also the events wouldn't be equal in points if some use a coefficient and some uses the percentage method.

I managed 89.75-kilos on the two hand pinch for 6 singles today - bring your game baby!!

Hi all

I intend to compete in the Euros.

My training is going well, and I hope for a better placing than last time.

Johan Albrektsson

Very good! I'm looking forward to see Your performance! :rock

I managed 89.75-kilos on the two hand pinch for 6 singles today - bring your game baby!!

That's awesome :bow and expect that from a future Euros champion! ;)

It means I'm finally back to where I was god only knows how long ago when I once did 90-kilos for one in training. I've made some serious progress on the pinch - at least by my standard for pinch and wanna get my name in the top 10 or better list. Based on tonight I'd guess a few kilos more which would mean a single with 92-93 kilos is possible.

My v-bar is down and the one hand deadlift is stagnent but I feel confident I can win the other events based on who is coming to compete so far.

I've just looked at the current records and a 90-kilo or better lift DOES put the lifter into the top 10. However, the jumps are short with 92-94 then much bigger at 98 and a 100-102 then a massive 107+. Come August 25th I'd be happy as a pig in shit with a 94-kilo lift.

Edited by mobsterone

I'd be happy as a pig in shit with a 94-kilo lift.

Yeah, 94kg would be absolutely great! Train hard! :rock

Hey! Burkhard can you point out on a map where it is? I get alot of different hits :inno

I'd also like to see the rules for all the events. :calm

I know I'm a pain in the ass!

Hey! Burkhard can you point out on a map where it is? I get alot of different hits :inno

Yes you were in mine :tongue

The location is Haltern. I think You can find it with google or an internet map. It's round about 50kms to the north from Dortmund - You'll find it for sure.

The rules are the same as usually used in major competitions (for example the last australian championships; You find the rules on aussiestrenght.com). Additional the RT has to be lifted to full deadlift position (thumbless) and lowered under control after down signal, that's it! The weight increments for each event are mentionend on the german site (english version) which I linked above.

The location is Haltern. I think You can find it with google or an internet map. It's round about 50kms to the north from Dortmund - You'll find it for sure.

The rules are the same as usually used in major competitions (for example the last australian championships; You find the rules on aussiestrenght.com). Additional the RT has to be lifted to full deadlift position (thumbless) and lowered under control after down signal, that's it! The weight increments for each event are mentionend on the german site (english version) which I linked above.

http://maps.google.de/maps?oi=eu_map&q...m+See&hl=sv ? :)

DuTCH: Sssshhh

Okelidokeli :kiss

Ned Flanders? :cool:laugh

Hi-diddily-ho!

If I'm not totally mistaken, we will have two more swedes to the contest.... :cool

And those two swedes will be:

Martin Arildsson (that's me) and Jens Jepsson (jense)

GREAT!!!! :rock

To all competitors: please contact the organizer Dr. Hermann Korte. He's not a member of this message board, so he doesn't get the info that's written here only. You'll find the contact info in this thread above. Thanks! Looking forward to meet you guys! :rock

Flo

And those two swedes will be:

Martin Arildsson (that's me) and Jens Jepsson (jense)

Very nice! :rock

Flo: I'll email him tomorrow!

Mobster: Time to get your ass kicked (in rolling thunder thumbless).

By whom? Not you :flame

You'll never know... If someone can spank him before the event, he may be able to unlock his super swede powers!! It ain't over until the fat lady bawls her head off... hehe!

By whom? Not you :flame

You'll never know... If someone can spank him before the event, he may be able to unlock his super swede powers!! It ain't over until the fat lady bawls her head off... hehe!

i did 3 reps on 105 today, both hands, felt quite easy