Trancaso's Log

unseenbeat

Just did some suitcase deads, warm up 3 with 135, then 3 with 165 for my total set.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• unseenbeat

• Wes

• LiftingKid

• Left Side

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday we did a lot of gripping and a good 30 minutes worth of blob work with my 37.5.

Grippers

Lots of closes and attempts on the CoC #2, and one or two on the #3. Then at night, me and Wes tried bending pennies with a gripper. We used my #1, and were able to mash one in toward it's center, but never really "bend" one, that seems kind of odd. Maybe we need a gripper with larger handles. This really wore us out, my hands were getting really tired.

37.5# Blob

It took awhile for us to get warmed up, but once we were, we achieved some decent lifts. Wes could clean it, and I managed an easy two-finger lift, with my middle and fore fingers. I also did high pulls with it, but every time I flipped my wrist to clean it, I'd drop it immediately.

All in all, a pretty good session.

Edited by unseenbeat

Were those #3 closes or attempts?

Where are you placing the penny between the handles? Try moving it up nearer the spring and then work down to the ends of the handles.

Where are you placing the penny between the handles? Try moving it up nearer the spring and then work down to the ends of the handles.

LOL, I understand the principle of leverage, Jonny, yes it was near the spring, but I had better results near the middle, toward the spring. :laugh

And yes, those were attempts.

Well, like I said, my best results were closer to the middle, with the penny at an angle in relation to the handles.

LOL, I understand the principle of leverage, Jonny, yes it was near the spring, but I had better results near the middle, toward the spring. :laugh

And yes, those were attempts.

Mabye attempts fo' you anyway! :laugh

Monday 2/13/06

Now that I'm deadlifting once a week, on Friday's, I have to remember when to fit in cleans, I'd like to do them full or from the hang once a week as well. Still was sore today.

Power Cleans

135x3

165x3

185x3, went up easy

205x0, got it up to just under my nipples, but did not drop any further to catch it.

Shrugs

About six sets of six with 205, before I got bored and decided...

Thick Dumbbell Snatch

42x5, then did swings with it for about ten reps a side, did this twice on each side.

62x5

I then could not snatch it anymore, did too many shrugs earlier, so did some high rep clean and jerk with about 80 pounds

Weighted L-sit pullups

50x3

50x3

25x4

BWx5, these are tough, you have to do them real slow, otherwise you swing and fall out of the L-sit.

Plenty of blob lifting on my little Blob as well.

Tuesday 2/14/06

Lol, interesting workout with an awesome PR.

I started with a deck of cards workout, where reds were burpees and blacks were pushups, but only made it to the fifth card. :yikes My conditioning is down, but I don't ever remember having done so many consecutive burpees. All the cards were red. I had done 56 consecutive burpees. I sat down and after getting my breath back decided to mess with some other stuff.

I decided to mess with my wide pinch, which I have been focusing on a bit lately as pinch exercises are my favorite grip exercises, and I'm working towards the 50# blob that I have. After messing around with four 10's, which is quite easy, I tried five, standard plates. I loaded them on a pipe, and to my surprise, was able to lift them right-handed. After a few lifts, I put chalk in between all the plates, and succeeded in lifting them without the pipe. Huge PR for me.

Wednesday 2/15/06

Nothing but pinch today. Broke out my 37.5# blob and the five 10's, got to work. I'm trying to get my callouses a bit harder on my thumb, as right now this is my main problem. It's not a big deal when I pull my index finger off the plates, but I am stronger with all my fingers on and my thumb hooked on with just a little past the knuckle. PR's for today are (long list :rock ):

Two 2-finger (index and middle) lifts on the blob with my right hand

Two-finger (pinky and ring) hold on blob with right hand.

Two-finger (index and middle) hold on blob left hand.

Five 10's plus 5 pounds (two 2.5# plates) right hand.

Also cleaned the blob with either hand, and managed a drop and catch from left to right.

All in all, an excellent session. I think my wide pinch is quite good for someone with 7" hands. :rock

Am I reading that right? You did two-finger lifts on the blob?

Five 10's unclamped, sick!

Two finger lifts on a 37.5# blob, no where near that level on the 50# one, don't worry.

The five 10's unclamped required a lot of setup b/c they're stndard plates, and the three in the middle are quite new and slick. I didn't mess with that today, I was more interested in doing more weight on the same setup.

Good stuff Tim, I'll have to come over and see if I can do 5 10's (since I gave most of my 10's to you :tongue ). I'll have to get on of those 'lil Blobs to play with, so I don;t have to keep going over to your house :rock

Ordered Ironmind's Bag of Nails last night, as well as a #2 gripper, I figure I'll start working on those again.

This weekend I haven't done too much, been hangin with girls at the beach, which I'm gonna do today agian, and going fishing in the woods. Did sumo deads Friday, worked up all my weight, which is 310. I need to get some 35's to work on thin pinch, as well as some more oly tens, to work on 5 10's pinch, which is not a feat if done on standard plates. Did cleans yesterday as well, gonna start doing singles on 'em, and do snatches more often as well. I find I hit heavier snatches without a warmup on them, cleans warm me up enough.

Succeeded in doing rafter chins today, on about 3"-3.5" wide rafters, so I was wondering how much I could lift at that grip. When you do rafetr chins, ur chest helps a little depending on the width. I'm not sure how much I could pull fresh, but I deadlifted 70 pounds on my 3.5" block, which I just cut and chalked a little while ago, and could hold 80 pounds at the top, so chest didn't help much.

I've also been doing high rep (well, for me) sets of TEN (GASP, SUCH VOLUME!! :D ) with my #1, in preparation of when I get my #2 later this week.

Succeeded in doing rafter chins today, on about 3"-3.5" wide rafters, so I was wondering how much I could lift at that grip. When you do rafetr chins, ur chest helps a little depending on the width. I'm not sure how much I could pull fresh, but I deadlifted 70 pounds on my 3.5" block, which I just cut and chalked a little while ago, and could hold 80 pounds at the top, so chest didn't help much.

I've also been doing high rep (well, for me) sets of TEN (GASP, SUCH VOLUME!! :D ) with my #1, in preparation of when I get my #2 later this week.

Sick ass stuff Tim. I remember you doing 18 reps with the #1, this time off must of caused you to lose a bit.

I can already close the #2, I just happened to sell my #2 to Wes, but now I feel like using grippers agin. The difference, is that now I'm doing most all of my sets with no set,just a hand on the spring, which is more what I'd like to do with the grippers, I think it has better carryover to common hand functions.

I can do about twenty no set reps on the #1 now.

Tuesday 2/21/06

Clean and Jerk practice today. Worked basically on hand positioning. Did about ten singles with 185, then three with 195, at which point I decided to just add five pounds to the bar, and missed the next jerk. It happens. I called it a night after that.

Wednesday 2/22/06

Good workout for pinch, less so for core. :(

Pinch

Did a lot of lifting, especially cleaning, of my little blob. Did several lifts of five 10's plus five pounds, till failure. Also tried to drop and catch 2 25's, very awkward.

suitcase deads

135x3, easy

170x2, struggled and almost didn't satnd erect, so stopped after two on each side.

Did three sets of 10 dips and 10 chinups as well.

Plenty of gripper work.

Also tried to drop and catch 2 25's, very awkward.

No small feat!

Right now I can't get any more plates, so I'm working with what I have. Cleaning two 25's is even more awkward.

Thursday 2/23/06

Snatch

I decided to do singles with 135 to work on form and explosiveness. I ended up doing twenty total singles, with a break at the 7th because it was raining too hard. The last five singles were the best, I was really concentrating on taking a deep breath and shrugging hard as I ducked under. It was happening so fast it felt natural.

Hanging Leg Raises

Two sets of 10, very slow and controlled, and at the top I held for a little while. Simply wearing hiking boots, the leverage is a lot worse.

All in all, a satisfying workout. :rock

Saturday 2/25/06

Turns out my nails and gripper won't be here 'till Monday, it happens. Stayed up late last night, as me and Wes and my other good friends Joel and Sable were at another friend of ours' (*SIGH*, the monotony of english) birthday get together. It was then that Wes fimed his MM0 cert, and we all messed around a lot on bikes, and with Sable (David got her, that bastard! :D ). Not sure if it's from sleeping in an odd position or what, but my shoulder and neck are extremely sore. Despite still being fairly tired, I decided to go out and try to workout.

Snatch

135x2

140x2

145x7 singles.

Hanging Leg raises

Several sets of five, which were done whenever I felt like it.

Did a little pinch work and went in.

Went back out and did some pinch. PR's were holding 50# blob for about a 2 second negative, more than just riding it down, and lifting 65# 2" block right hand, only 55# with left.

Also did suitcase deads.

Put in a quick workout today. Spent the whole day at the beach, which is where I will spend all of tomorrow.

Right now my dad is off at the hardware store, geting some parts, we're working on our water gauge.

Did a small snatch workout, hit 155 lbs for three singles, making this the first time I've snatched BW since December.