Trancaso's Log

unseenbeat

Ya, ppl have been sayin yo do that, I've done some volume before on 1/4"x6"-7" HRS, but I'll probably get some more.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• unseenbeat

• Wes

• LiftingKid

• Left Side

Top Posters In This Topic

Power Clean

135x2

165x2

185x1

195x1

200x1

205x0

185x5, concentrating on speed more than usual.

I did three sets of five alternating pullups with dips with 45 pounds, pullups were easier than the dips.

Power Clean

135x2

165x2

185x1

195x1

200x1

205x0

185x5, concentrating on speed more than usual.

I did three sets of five alternating pullups with dips with 45 pounds, pullups were easier than the dips.

Pull-ups with 45lbs!!!!!!!!I struggle with bodyweight ones :)

Pull-ups with 45lbs!!!!!!!!I struggle with bodyweight ones :)

Nobody said pullups were easy man, just gotta work at them till they are. I actually hate doing them, but I love the strength they give me for climbing.

Shoot man, look back in the journal to when I was doing a lot of rock climbing, and look at te numbers I was hitting! :cool I wanna get back into climbing, so I'm starting to do all of my pullups with a pronated grip again.

Today I did a buncha pullups, but not sure of the amount. Big PR in that I finally got a buncha one legged squats with tennis shoes on, not boots. I'm slowly figuring out how to balance them, I'm gonna go back to doing them weighted, once I get used to unweighted. I'm going to upload a video with about 6 good one-legged squats (eight or so total, but a couple I lost my balance coming back up).

Also did three sets of 20 one-legged calf raises with a 70 pound dumbell shouldered on the same side I was raising. These aren't really heavy I know, but I try and really shoot off the ground with that one leg.

Also been doing, and going to continue doing, plyo pushups. Right now, I'm trying to get a chest thump and a hand clap in one go.

Edited by unseenbeat

Power Clean

Went light, and I expect to be hitting big numbers Monday. Goin for 210/215, which will put me at about where I stopped at the end of last year for a power clean, add 15 pounds and you have my squat clean.

135x2

165x2

185x1

195x1

185x1

simultaneous dumbell press

45x8

55x8

55x6

55x3, followed up with some push presses.

Been awhile since I've done these, and while doing so, had a new PR, strict curling a 55-pound dumbell, right hand.

Did three sets of 10 plyo pushups (chest slaps) with minimal rest to finish.

Power Clean

Went light, and I expect to be hitting big numbers Monday. Goin for 210/215, which will put me at about where I stopped at the end of last year for a power clean, add 15 pounds and you have my squat clean.

135x2

165x2

185x1

195x1

185x1

simultaneous dumbell press

45x8

55x8

55x6

55x3, followed up with some push presses.

Been awhile since I've done these, and while doing so, had a new PR, strict curling a 55-pound dumbell, right hand.

Did three sets of 10 plyo pushups (chest slaps) with minimal rest to finish.

How is a power clean different from a squat clean? I always understood that it was simply a difference in knee bend. Strict curl PR.... :tongue I had to get a 30lb DB overhead and I curled it. There is a PR for me (strict curl wise)!!!

That difference in knee bend will make a huge difference in numbers, just not so much for me b/c my squat clean ain't thta great.

MAde a medicine ball today out of an old football, some duct tape, and some cement. It weighs ten pounds, and I did some basic throws with it.

I did offset pullups, with one hand on a hand towel. I did four sets of 3, trying to pull as little as possible with the other hand. I then did a set of eight pullups hanging from two hand towels. In between each set I'd do a set of ten leg raises while hanging from the towels.

THEY CLICKED.

It was like last year during weigtlifting class when I finally figured out my form! Power cleans felt strong today!

Power Clean

135x2

165x2

185x2

195x1

205x1

210x1, I was tempted at the time to put my fives on instead of 2.5's, making it 215, but I'm glad I didn't!

From here on, I'm sure my cleans are gonna move steadily up!

Push Press

135x3

145x3

160x2

170x2

Went a little light,as I feel I had/have more reps left in me, but I'm probably gonna do some handstand pushups later.

Yea it is Don, yea it is. :cool:)

Chin-ups

One hand hanging off a towel, I put it a little bit farther out this time, and only used two fingers. Both arms done equal

BWx3

BWx3

BWx3, and a slow one arm negative to finish.

Hanging Leg Raises

BWx10

10 pound medicine ball between my legsx 5, two sets, very tough.

I'm very close to a full standing rollout on an ab wheel.

TWO GOALS ACCOMPILISHED!!!

I achieved my first full-range handstand pushup, and managed three complete, solid reps! I also managed three singles on my #2... with No set!! I feel good tonight, I've lowered my calories a bit lately, and have just plain been feeling stronger. Let the PR's roll.

Handstand Pushups

I train these at different heights

10 to forehead touching ground

3 between chairs till shoulders touched chairs, PR

three sets of 5 done till chin touched the floor

Push presses and dumbell presses paid off!

One legged squats

5x BW, these were very easy, but I was wearing boots

5X BW+25, two sets

5xBW+55, wow, did not go to failure, but I was definately one rep away on each leg. I got four reps with my left.

While eating supper, I messed with my #2 and got those singles. I am GtG with it right now using a CC set.

One love y'all,

Trancasatato

Thanks man, layin off pinch for a while angers me, especially sin my thumb pad and index finger are now fine, but I'ma stick with the crush work for awhile and see how it goes.

Power Clean

135x1

165x1

185x1

205x1

215x0, 3 high pulls.

Dumbell pressing

45's x 6

55's x 6

215 didn't come today, I'll wait to see about Wednesday. I might do more warm up singles. Kept the pressing light, cuz I'm probly gonan do some sandbag stuff this afternoon, as well as some rope climbs.

Power Clean

135x1

165x1

185x1

205x1

215x0, 3 high pulls.

Dumbell pressing

45's x 6

55's x 6

215 didn't come today, I'll wait to see about Wednesday. I might do more warm up singles. Kept the pressing light, cuz I'm probly gonan do some sandbag stuff this afternoon, as well as some rope climbs.

In time you will have it for sure. What benefit do you get with the high pulls?

High pulls get you used to handling a weight. Some lifters do separate workouts just for high pulls, I just like to do them when I fail on a weight.

Did some sandbag carries, two or three in the bearhug position (with the extra bulk it has now, it was hard to breathe!) and one carry per shoulder. Not sure how far I went, cuz I looped around and back tracked and stuff like that. After every carry I did a rope climb starting from the sitting position. I finished off with some pullups, got seven, stopping I'm pretty sure with one rep left in me. Lats were evry sore after all this. Did some turkish getups and went inside.

I did rope climbing yesterday, but did some today! Surprisingly, I climbed it much faster than I did anytime yesterday on my first try today. I did a total of seven 15-foot climbs (slow climb down) starting from the seated position with my legs in front throughout. These were done in between splitting stumps in my yard.

I've been doing a lot more levering in the past week or so that I haven't logged. I'm using my ten pound sledges for to-the-ear and rear levers, and one of my axes or mauls for front and rotational leverage work, as well as front holdouts.

Kind of good workout. Measured my broad jump, average out of three attempts was just a little over 8', which surprised me cuz my vertical is around 34" now. Did three sets fo jumps over 7'7" as a little bit of practice. Did sorry in power cleans, only made it to 195, but no matter. Did rope climb to finish off, three sets. One set is two climbs up, two down while in the L-sit position. This was very hard, as I controlled my negatives and didn't stop in the middle of the set, only touched the ground to see that I had reached the bottom. I'm gonna do it this way for awhile as my rope is only about 17' off the ground, so it's basically a 30' climb.

Yesterday

Did a rope climb or two to stay in the groove. The majority of my time was speant on hand balancing acts, some hand spring and flip work, and leaping. I did tuck jumps over my bushes (about 35, 36" tall, 5-6' across) and lateral jumps over an bent over tree. Legs were sore this mornin.

Today

Worked up to a set of 5 with 165, then pyramided back down to 135. I also did one-hand deadlifts on my 2.6" handle, managed to get 130 on my right for a very solid hold. I did many holds for time with my right and left at 120 pounds.

Yesterday

Did a rope climb or two to stay in the groove. The majority of my time was speant on hand balancing acts, some hand spring and flip work, and leaping. I did tuck jumps over my bushes (about 35, 36" tall, 5-6' across) and lateral jumps over an bent over tree. Legs were sore this mornin.

Today

Worked up to a set of 5 with 165, then pyramided back down to 135. I also did one-hand deadlifts on my 2.6" handle, managed to get 130 on my right for a very solid hold. I did many holds for time with my right and left at 120 pounds.

Did you just hang the rope off a tree or something?? :rolleyes

Good work with the one handed deadlifts!

Ya, I used to have my rope at my buddy's house, but when he got kicked out/ left it, I took it down and moved it to my house. It used to be about a 20, 21 foot climb, now it's a little over 15, so I just climb it up and then down, and then back down without ever touching the ground. My abs end up more sore than anything else!

Power Clean

135x2

165x2

185x2

195x1

205x0, I failed due to my own screw-up, by anticipating too much.

195x3x2

Plyometric Work

A couple of sets of squat jumps, and some broad jump work. I think I'll try to incorporate two types of jumping/lunging activities every workout.

Climbing

I did some work on the rope, but my abs were already sore from ab wheel stuff last night, and I got a wierd pain in my neck. I went and did a set of 11 on deadhang pullups, but that only aggravated the pain, which had progressed to a headache, so I quit.

I'll do plyo pushups and pistols later, maybe some levering too.

nice work on those power cleans. keep it up :rock