• LiftingKid

• Left Side

Top Posters In This Topic

Power Clean

135x2

165x2

185x2

195x1

205x0, I failed due to my own screw-up, by anticipating too much.

195x3x2

Plyometric Work

A couple of sets of squat jumps, and some broad jump work. I think I'll try to incorporate two types of jumping/lunging activities every workout.

Climbing

I did some work on the rope, but my abs were already sore from ab wheel stuff last night, and I got a wierd pain in my neck. I went and did a set of 11 on deadhang pullups, but that only aggravated the pain, which had progressed to a headache, so I quit.

I'll do plyo pushups and pistols later, maybe some levering too.

How is your neck now?

I'll never understand how someone can be comfortable doing reps with the power clean....

I pause the reps and reset on the floor (for power cleans), like when you pause deadlifts for sets.

And my neck is fine, I had just been feeling a little sickly, it happens.

Thaks for carin tho, bro.

Pressing

I did weighted dips today, something I haven't done in awhile but am still decent at.

BW x 5

BW+25 x 3

BW+35 x 3

BW+45 x 3x3

I finished off with some plyo pushups. I like doing pressing work the day after my normal workouts. I usually end up doing thta by accident, but I may start doing that more often.

Edit: Forgot, I did levering last night after supper. I used my ten pound hammer, and my 6-pound maul for front levers, rotational work, and hold-outs. With my right arm, I can rep the 10 pounder strict to the ear (36-inch handle) from the very bottom, but left hand isn't quite there yet, I did triples at 4 inches up. worked all angles.

Edited by unseenbeat

I pause the reps and reset on the floor (for power cleans), like when you pause deadlifts for sets.

And my neck is fine, I had just been feeling a little sickly, it happens.

Thaks for carin tho, bro.

Pressing

I did weighted dips today, something I haven't done in awhile but am still decent at.

BW x 5

BW+25 x 3

BW+35 x 3

BW+45 x 3x3

I finished off with some plyo pushups. I like doing pressing work the day after my normal workouts. I usually end up doing thta by accident, but I may start doing that more often.

Edit: Forgot, I did levering last night after supper. I used my ten pound hammer, and my 6-pound maul for front levers, rotational work, and hold-outs. With my right arm, I can rep the 10 pounder strict to the ear (36-inch handle) from the very bottom, but left hand isn't quite there yet, I did triples at 4 inches up. worked all angles.

Strong levering. I need to go out and get myself a bigger sledge...lol.

Power Clean

Worked up to five singles with 195.

Sandbag Squats (150 pounds)

two sets of five on either shoulder, then zerchers to near failure.

Plyo

Squat Jumps, 2 sets of 10.

Last night played two on one basketball, I being the one. I was teachin my boy Scott and his lil cous the some tricks and just teachin Scott how to be aggresive and stuff. Good workout tho tryin top cover two ppl.

PROM TONIGHT!!!

WISH ME AND WES LUCK!! (he's taking my date's younger sister lol, they're both hot tho).

PROM TONIGHT!!!

WISH ME AND WES LUCK!! (he's taking my date's younger sister lol, they're both hot tho).

Good Luck!

I had a good time tonight, but I didn't put in a workout like I was hoping. :(

i'ma upload some pics later cuz my date is so hot. She was too hot for me.

Well, last night was pretty cool, lookin back. My date left about an hour before we did to go smoke, but they wouldn't let her back in, so she went and chilled at her apartment which is right by the stadium were we had the prom (Doug Campbell Stadium ballroom). I felt bad for not dancing with her that much, but I'm nervous dancing to slow stuff. :blush They started palying faster stuff after she left, and I started hitting it with other girls. I also entertained her lil sis who was nervous about dancing with Wes for some reason (neither on eof them can dance, but for some reason she's nervous dancing with guys, whereas Wes will go out there and dance and not give a shit.)

At about 11, we left to go join some friends at one of the members of the honor courts houses (my boy David dropped Wes off back at home). I had called Sa'lena before we wnet downstairs, and she was waiting next to our vehicles. I said good-bye and stuff, she took Chelsea back to her apartment, and then went to a local bar and enjoyed free tequila shots.

Well, me and the crew showed up at the party and had us some tequila as well. It happens. This is where SGibson1989, Scotty, or Lightweight as we call him, learned a valuable lesson about drinking: DON'T DO IT TO EXCESS.

I could tell you some small incidents of stupid drunken moments that occurred at the get-together (ppl were poppin in and out, passing out in the front yard, leaving for bars, etc. Her house is always a big party spot), but instead I will fast-forward to when Lightweight was at my house that night. We got in, oh, around 1:30 , and he passed right out on my brother's sleeping bag in my room. I climbed up into my bed, and went into a light sleep. Around 2:30, I started hereing the sound of liquid hitting something, mixed with gargling sounds. Eventually I realized I wasn't dreaming, and turned on the flashlight that I keep next to my bed.

He had vomited all over the sleeping bag, and was lying ion his own vomit. I'm just glad he fell asleep on his stomach.

I woke him up (he was still drunk) and made him move the sleeping bag outside, so I could later wash it, here we are, one buzzin guy and one guy completely off his arse, me completely naked to make matters worse, outside. I sent him back inside, where he promptly passed out in the shower.

The lesson? BE SMART ABOUT YOUR INDULGENCES. IF YOU DRINK, DON'T DO SO ON AN EMPTY STOMACH, AND KNOW WHEN TO QUIT. AND DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE.

Well, had a kinda bad workout today, simply cuz I was so tired. I did some swimming at the local springs earlier, but felt like crap and quit after a little while. SO later I..

Dips

BW x 5

BW+25 x 5

BW+50 x2x3

I was very aggressive on these, decided from now on to try and do sets like this. Five sets is too much, four allows me to concentrate better on my next exercise as well.

Bradford Press

95 x6

Three sets of six @ 115.

Rope climbs

I did several rope climbs till I felt winded (a couple of sets), and then did one set of pullups. I did them with a close-grip, underhand, and pulled as fast as I could without kipping, then lowered my self very slowly (~5 seconds). I only managed seven reps in this fashion, but it was post rope climb. SOme very good climbs involved.

Well, had a kinda bad workout today, simply cuz I was so tired. I did some swimming at the local springs earlier, but felt like crap and quit after a little while. SO later I..

Dips

BW x 5

BW+25 x 5

BW+50 x2x3

I was very aggressive on these, decided from now on to try and do sets like this. Five sets is too much, four allows me to concentrate better on my next exercise as well.

Bradford Press

95 x6

Three sets of six @ 115.

Rope climbs

I did several rope climbs till I felt winded (a couple of sets), and then did one set of pullups. I did them with a close-grip, underhand, and pulled as fast as I could without kipping, then lowered my self very slowly (~5 seconds). I only managed seven reps in this fashion, but it was post rope climb. SOme very good climbs involved.

Those bradford presses are evil on the shoulders :)

Well, I'm happy that your buddy is ok and I hope that he has learned a valuable lesson.

Ya, I rememebr reading Darco say "spend a few weeks of not locking out on your presses and your shoulder strength will fly through the roof." I figure as long as I continue working my triceps and stuff via dips, I'll come back much stronger overhead.

That'll be the last time you let Scott use your bag!

Ps-It's kinda funny I danced with Sa'lena more than you did, even if it was some crazy made up crap like Scott does :D

Edited by Wes

*shrug* I don't like looking like an ass to slow stuff, but faster stuff it don't matter. :D

Two sets of 6 @ 115 in the bradford press. These felt easier than yesterday. Tuesday (or tomorrow if I'm up for it) I'll use 125 for work sets.

Two sets of 6 @ 115 in the bradford press. These felt easier than yesterday. Tuesday (or tomorrow if I'm up for it) I'll use 125 for work sets.

Bradfords are a regular press not quite to lockout right?

Oh yeah, with david doing the "Jew-Step Two-Step" no one would notice us looking like asses :D

Edited by Wes

Bradford presses, you press to about the top of the head, then bring it behind your head and press it up to the same height, bring it over the head and back to the chest, repeat. Basically one military press back to back with one behind the neck press, not to lockout.

Didn't feel up to it today, mainly in my lower back, which was sore for some reason. I still worked out though, and had a good enough session.

Power Clean

135x2

165x2

185x2

195x2

200x2

195x2

One-legged squats

BW x 5

BW+25 x 5

BW+45 x 5, 4 on my left, which is all I ever get lol.

Bending

I bent a yellow, blue, and got a hard kink on a 5 1/4" blue, which was supposed to be a 5.5" blue. What is most interesting i sthat my wrists are not sore at all. ALl the levering I've been doing has paid off, it's my upper body that has been giving out first. Gotta do bending more on my off days.

No pulling exercises today, didn't have the time, and decided to do them tommorrow. i'll do my levering tomorrow as well.

Dips

BW x 5

BW+25 x 5

BW+45 x 3

BW+55 x 3, felt real strong in dips today.

Bradford Press

Felt strong here too.

95x6

115x6

120x6, and some military presses to finish out.

I went and did a set of 10 BW dips just to get the blood going, and now I'm gonna eat.

Did some wrestling and a little armwrestling today. Ended up not doing any climbing or pullups, cuz my arms and lats were sore form wrestling.

So I just did levering. Got a couple of strict levers with my left at the bottom of my 12 pounder finally, and felt real strong on front weaver sticks with my maul. My right was stronger than it has been as well. Although I have no organized pattern for levering, now that I've gotten used to low reps, I'm getting stronger fast. I need a 31-inch handle, so I can put my 16-pounder on and work on that!

Did some wrestling and a little armwrestling today. Ended up not doing any climbing or pullups, cuz my arms and lats were sore form wrestling.

So I just did levering. Got a couple of strict levers with my left at the bottom of my 12 pounder finally, and felt real strong on front weaver sticks with my maul. My right was stronger than it has been as well. Although I have no organized pattern for levering, now that I've gotten used to low reps, I'm getting stronger fast. I need a 31-inch handle, so I can put my 16-pounder on and work on that!

Nice levering. Do you feel that strong wrists play a big part in being able to get the initial kink in a nail?

They help throughout all of it, but I am strongest at the kink, and yes, I do believe it is b/c of having a good bit of reserve wrist strength. I need to bend more to work on my chest crush and stuff though.

Power Cleans

Wasn't too strong on these, but everything was in good form.

120x6 (hang)

135x2

170x2

185x2

200x2

200x1, and failure on second

Did a couple of sets of power shrugs with 225.

Did some vertical jumps, and lots of lunging. I've also been doing a lot of pistols.

Edit: Oh yeah, and today is my last day of high school. I may go back to a three-day schedule, and start doing more volume on my cleans as opposed to working with such high percentages of my max. I seem to burn out real easy now when doing that. I'm also going to commit myself to some form of conditioning every day.

Edited by unseenbeat

Power Cleans

Wasn't too strong on these, but everything was in good form.

120x6 (hang)

135x2

170x2

185x2

200x2

200x1, and failure on second

Did a couple of sets of power shrugs with 225.

Did some vertical jumps, and lots of lunging. I've also been doing a lot of pistols.

Edit: Oh yeah, and today is my last day of high school. I may go back to a three-day schedule, and start doing more volume on my cleans as opposed to working with such high percentages of my max. I seem to burn out real easy now when doing that. I'm also going to commit myself to some form of conditioning every day.

YAY for your last day of school :cool

Now you have plenty of time to get that clean up!