Trancaso's Log

unseenbeat

Trancaso is a nickname I earned from workin' with a bunch of cholos during the summer, so I'ma use it here. :cool

I have a few goals, two are in my sig, some others are to deadlift 365 pounds within the next two weeks. To give some examples of my best lifts and what I work on-

Bench Press- No idea, I don't work on it, nor do I plan to.

Back squat (between parallel and full-on-ass-to-grass): 315 pounds*

Deadlift: 350 pounds**

Clean: 200 pounds*

Clean and Jerk: 165 pounds :blush, haven't been jerking much lately cuz' I currently have a girlfriend :D

One-arm snatch: 85 pounds, however, my two-arm snatch is only 100 pounds. :whistel:blush

*Done recently, but due to a program I have started, I won't squat for awhile.

My major area of strength is leg/lower back strength, but I'm in the second week of a program called Air Alert 3 that is supposed to add 12 inches to ur vertical jump(!), so squats and leg work are gone for awhile.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On to the actual stuff I worked on today.

Monday 10/24/05

50 pounds on two inch wrist roller, done twice up for my warmup.

Clean: These I had to do power-style, b/c I'm doing Air Alert tonight.

95x1

135x2

155x3

175x2

185x1

195x0

190x0

185x3

Felt strong, but unable to hit decent poundages for some reason, oh well.

One-arm pullup work

First I did one arm hangs in the top position of a pullup for 5 seconds, did 4 with my right, and a total of 12 seconds with my left (no 5 second holds managed)

I moved on to controlled negatives, tried 5 with each arm, solid with my right, but with my left I dropped immediatelly after hitting a 90 degree angle.

pinch work

Only did 3 and 3/4 inch block today, started out with 30 pounds for 20 seconds (got it with either hand)

then:

Right handed

50 pounds x 3 seconds

50 pounds x 4 seconds

50 pounds for 1 second

50 pounds x 5 seconds (current best on the 3 and 3/4 inch block)

LH

50 pounds x miss

30 pounds x 10 seconds to warm up again

50 pounds x 2 seconds

50 pounds x 2.5 seconds

50 pounds x 2.5 seconds

50 pounds lifted for reps to lockout (dropped down after), got 8 reps

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the length, but I like to keep detailed note's, and want this log to be no differen't.

`tRan.Caso!

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• unseenbeat

• Wes

• LiftingKid

• Left Side

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuesday 10/25/05

Did some power cleans cuz the school weightlifting coach wanted to see if I could hit 200 pounds today, but no go. :(

However...

135x2

155x2

175x2

185x2

195x0

185x0

175x1 Clean and Jerk, PR!

Reverse wrist rolls

95x5

115x5

125x5

135x3

145x2

I can probably do more, but today is not my day for wrist work, cleans always leave them tired from stretching.

My grippers are with a friend right now, have to work them tomorrow.

Wednesday 10/26/05

I think I'm going to start training crushing grip once a week, maybe on Sundays.

Based on the results of today's grip work out, I think I can work pinch every other day if I go light, or two days apart, like Monday and Thursday, If I go heavy.

Air Alert 3 tonight, my legs are already sore after a LONG game of basketball at school. :unsure

CoC Grippers

A pain in my right hand kept me from fully closing ANY of my grippers. Interestingly enough, although I couldn't fully close evn the #1, got to the same distance with my #2, about 3/8 of an inch from fully closed. Left is still about 3/4 of aninch away on a good day, today no different.

RH

#2x3 attempts

LH

#2x2 attempts

#1x11

#2x2 attempts

Pinch Grip

3 and 3/4 inch block

RH/LH

30x15 seconds

50x(<1)second

40x7 seconds

After that, I pretty much just went to failure once with 35 pounds, I couldn't handle any decent weights today, I think I need to rest more than one day between pinch workouts.

Edited by unseenbeat

Thursday 10/27/05

Deadlift

225x2

275x2

315x2

Just seeing where I was at, but got bored after 315, my technique was getting sloppy.

Clean Grip High Pulls

These have improved my clean and overall back strength more than anything.

135x2

155x2

175x2

185x2

200x2

210x2

Max effortDeadhang Pullups

16 for the first set

13 for the next

10 for the next

Then just shot off a bunch of sets of 5

Tim, I still can't figure out why you hate benching so much. At least do some overhead pressing or something.. Pushups aren't enough.

I haven't done regular pushups in over 6 months, but I've been doing handstand pushups for a few weeks, as well as trying to work dips back into my routine. And I use the clean and press as my warmup, for 2 sets, it's just that I haven't hit any decent numbers on any of those exercises yet, at least not to my standards. < <

Oh well, off to do a morning workout in 40 degree weather.

Sunday 10/30/05

CHinups

Way I'm gonna do these for a few weeks, I'm going to try and get some hypertrophy going in my muscles, as raziel suggested, before trying to tackle the one-arm pullup anymore. What I'm going to is do 5 sets, and try to total 60 chinups. Doesn't sound like much, but I've never been a real endurance guy, at least not for that much.

10x3

8x1

7x1

Total: 45 chinups

Pinch work

Did about 10 reps (to lockout and back) with either hand on my 3 and 3/4inch block with 50 pounds.

Wrist Roller ATTEMPTS

Sadly, hanging off a pullup bar (I do a set of hanging leg raises after a set of pullups/chinups) warps my hands too much to do much wrist roller work besides that, I need a loading pin before I can start handling any more weight.

50 pounds x1

Note: Get a loading pin.

Monday 10/31/05

Power Clean-Felt strong today, but I didn't have much time in the weightroom.

135x2

155x2

175x2

185x2-best in two weeks

195x1- PR!!!

Finger hangs

I did pullups on my middle fingers today, and hung on my index fingers, as well as my pinky and ring fingers together.

Tuesday 11/1/05

Power Clean

Not feelin' as strong as I thought I would be. :angry:

135x2

155x2

175x0

185x0

180x0

:blush

Box jumps

onto 34 inch box till I fell, having gotten 13.

Grippers

IM #2x1 by RH

Attempts done for 4 seconds crushing, then control open, did 3 in each hand.

Numerous singles on #1.

Thursday 11/3/05

SnatcH

Well, didn't really work out on it, but as I was warming up, I realized I can now snatch 135 lbs, with somewhat decent form. PR

Hang Clean

135x5

145x3

Power Clean

135x2

155x2

175x0!

175x2 :rolleyes

185x2, yay!

Iso hangs from the top position of bar, with one arm

These I have been holding before performing a one-arm pullup negative. Today I held one for 11 seconds.

Reverse Wrist curls

Worked up to five reps of 140 pounds, trying to see what I could handle, as I always forget to do these.

I also did some pinch work with 50 pounds for time on a 3 3/4" and 2" block.

Edited by unseenbeat

Forgot to mention that on tuesday I got 53 pullups in 5 sets, new record.

Using Wes' idea, I left my #1 and #2 at the computer and simply did a single every time I came by or used my computer. Managed to close the #2 on my second attempt, but I'm still not very consistent with that, I think I need to train more regularly. The close was very slow as well, It took about 5 seconds.

Still closing the #1, gonna do maybe 50 singles over the course of the day, maybe a good bit more.

Sunday 11/6/05

Bought an old York 100 today, probably make two blobs, Wes will give me half what I paid for one of them, and saw the handle off to make the blobs.

Got quite a workout just cleaning that thing and then carrying it as far as I could, twice on both sides. I'm weak enough today that I could not snatch it. :cry Plus, with a huge dumbell like that, there's a strange psychological factor at work, where I fear putting the thing overhead.

Weighted Chin-ups

Used 50 lbs for 4 sets of 4, pause at the top.

Frenchies

These are a combination of pullups and isometric holds in the 3 main positions of a pullup (top, 90 degrees, 135 degrees), I used 7 second holds at each position as well as the 50 lbs, did 3 singles.

Pinch work

holds for time with 50 lbs., 2" and 3-and-3/4" blocks.

Edited by unseenbeat

Sunday 11/6/05

Bought an old York 100 today, probably make two blobs, Wes will give me half what I paid for one of them, and saw the handle off to make the blobs. 

Got quite a workout just cleaning that thing and then carrying it as far as I could, twice on both sides.  I'm weak enough today that I could not snatch it.  :cry Plus, with a huge dumbell like that, there's a strange psychological factor at work, where I fear putting the thing overhead.

Weighted Chin-ups

Used 50 lbs for 4 sets of 4, pause at the top.

Frenchies

These are a combination of pullups and isometric holds in the 3 main positions of a pullup (top, 90 degrees, 135 degrees), I used 7 second holds at each position as well as the 50 lbs, did 3 singles.

Pinch work

holds for time with 50 lbs., 2" and 3-and-3/4" blocks.

Don't chop the york yet, I gotta see if I can snatch it first....

You can cut it, I was just gonna bring the whole thing over.

Monday 10/7/05

Excellent workout today, especially cleans.

Power Cleans

135x3, started out feeling weak...

155x2, feelin' better...

175x2, let's see what's coming...

185x3, aggressive pulls, little drop, it just shot up.

195x2, PR!

200x1, PR!, the 200 pound barrier in power-style cleans has been broken. I haven't trained split in so long that I like power-style better, it feels more pure.

205x5 attempts.

Clean and Jerk

135x3

155x1

185x1, PR!, almost fell, cuz' I'm experimenting with Power-style jerking, it feels more functional.

Strict curls

Did seven strict reps with 95 lbs. just to see what I could do with it.

Armwrestling

Held Wesley for a long-ass time with my right, though I think my work earlier today impaired me, and my right bicep is absolutely DONE. After about 40 seconds tho, he got me down.

Also did some walks with that 100lb dumbell in the clean position, both sides.

Felt strong today, hope I hit 205 lbs in the power clean Thursday. Also, I think cleaning and Jerking 225 is out of my league, at least for the date specified. I think a better goal would be to power clean 225 lbs, and put 200 lbs overhead.

Edited by unseenbeat

I think I'll get 225 by December in the clean, without any adjustments to my technique.

Hell of a weekend, to sum it up.

Thursday 11/10/05

Power Clean

Not as strong as I thought I would be...

135x2

175x3

185x1, also jerked it.

195x1

From here on, I went over to Wes' house,where I did some thick bar lifting, pinch lifting, and attempts at cleaning and jerking that 100# york dumbell.

Today, Saturday, we spent two hours at the Tallahassee Rock Gym, practing bouldering on the overhang areas and such, took a few falls, but the mats kept us safe, all in all, a good weekend, even if I didn't get to see my girl on he rbirthday :cry:kiss .

200x1, PR!, the 200 pound barrier in power-style cleans has been broken.  I haven't trained split in so long that I like power-style better, it feels more pure.

You are cleaning split style? I know only one guy who cleans that way and only because he learned it that way back in the fifties.

I'm cleaning power style, with very little dip, but I was previously cleaning split-style, the weightlifting coach at school was giving me some pointers and said that with my speed it might be more efficient, but I'm trying to build up my lower back right now, so I mostly use hips and back to clean it up. I do jerk split-style, however, as I usually don't need to dip much for this, so it's more like a shuffle.

Monday 11/14/05Mostly cleans today, ah well, all I have time for in twenty minutes is usually one exercise anyway, and I don't think my hands are fully rested for grip work yet.

Power Clean

135x1

175x2

185x1

195x1

Attempts at 205- This is where it became an all out war. I had saved my strength before, but this is *THE* lift. I struggled and struggled and it probably took 12 or 13 attempts, but...

205x1- PR!

Change requires effort. :rock

Monday  11/14/05Mostly cleans today, ah well, all I have time for in twenty minutes is usually one exercise anyway, and I don't think my hands are fully rested for grip work yet. 

Power Clean

135x1

175x2

185x1

195x1

Attempts at 205- This is where it became an all out war.  I had saved my strength before, but this is *THE* lift.  I struggled and struggled and it probably took 12 or 13 attempts, but... 

205x1- PR!

Change requires effort. :rock

good job on the pr on your power clean buddy

Thanks BigT, I've only been doing olympic lifts for the past five weeks, and I think I've made good progress since then. :cool

Tuesday 11/15/05

Good day for grip, and for general training in my backyard. Played two intense games of 4v4 basketball that left me sweaty for most of the following school period. :blush:D

CoC Grippers

I want to be at least more stable with the #2, making this my next goal, to be able to close the #2 at any given point in a day.

Attempts/negatives on #2 done throughout day, though with a lot of rest in between.

Pinch Block Deads + 2 second hold

4" block (might as well call it that)

45x2 LH andRH

55x1 +5 second hold, RH, PR!

2" block

60x1, RH and LH, PR, followed by numerous holds with that weight

Wrist Roller

My hands were dry enough to attempt this, even w/out grip tape, did 45x1 both ways, followed by a set of 55 pounds done both ways. It really is annoying for my roller to be non-freestanding, I'll have to rig something up when I'm ready for big weights.

Hammer curl and Press

3x55x3 (sets/weight/reps)

Dips

2xBWx8

Hanging leg raises with 10 extra pounds

2x8

All around a good workout, particularly the pinching, which is actually kind of fun to me, my thumbs feel fine so I may go back out and do some more.

Wednesday 11/16/05

Dumbell Hang Snatches

Couple sets with 75 lbs to loosen up and get the juices going.

Weighted Close-grip Chinups

Using 55 lbs, got 2 sets of three reps, followed by 3 of 2 reps. On the last set, I hung with my arms at the 90 degree position till failure.

Also tried a weighted dip with 55 lbs hanging off my neck, which is about my max I guess.

Edited by unseenbeat