Trancaso's Log

unseenbeat

Just a quick night-time workout. Me, Wes, and a buddy of ours are gonna start having little comps every couple months. I figure it'll be a good thing to give us something to train for. I'll be gearing my training towards the lifts specifically.

Lifts are gonna be something like:

One Hand Clean and Jerk, pressouts allowed. Dumbbell OR barbell, either one allowed.

Weighted Chinup

Box Squat/Full Squat/Parallel Squat, not sure which to do yet, Maybe a deep box squat.

Behind the neck press, from the bottom.

One Hand Deadlift

One Hand Clean and Jerk

Worked up to 100 pounds, first attempt was sorry and I lost it behind me after I gave it too much leg, second attempt was good and clean, I had the dumbbell positioned where I'll keep it. All attempts with right side only, I think I'll work both sides in training.

Behind the neck press

Worked up to 125 pounds, wasn't too hard actually, but was slow.

CHinups, Bodyweight

13 strict reps, then three more after some breaths. Did some isometrics and one-arm work after that.

I figure we'll schedule it for early/middle of January, and ice out the rules as they come up.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• unseenbeat

• Wes

• LiftingKid

• Left Side

Top Posters In This Topic

Goals:

One Hand C&J- 125 pounds

Chinup: BW plus 100-110 pounds

Box Squat: 300 pounds

PBN- 155 pounds

1H Deadlift- 275 pounds

BW around 155 pounds hopefully. Hopefully we'll do it middle of January, I like the idea of two months or so to prepare.

Settled on a paused full squat, one second pause whilst sitting on calves.

Worked out, and came to the realization that I need to bump up that goal on 1h clean and jerk, b/c I did a pretty solid clean and jerk of 120 pounds right handed (only tried once). New goal is 140 pounds.

Work weights were 120 pounds for a single in the 1h c&j, 115pounds for four sets of two for BtN Press, and BW+35 pounds for two sets of five in pullups, plus frenchies and one arm work.

Night before last strict curled 115 for three on an olympic bar. Also worked out yesterday, squats, BtN presses, and chins. Good session.

1H Clean and Jerk, dumbbell

Worked up to 125, got two singles, held one of them for a while, also cleaned it and continentaled the weight numerous times. Also continentaled up 135 easily, but, the plates fell off when I caught it in the rack position. Need to use duct tape next time.

BtN Press

Up to 120 for four sets of two. FInished off with bradford press with 95 (unsure of reps, somewhere around 20-22)

Chinups

Two sets of twelve, one of nine, BW, overhand grip. Figured I'd try to balance out my grips.

One-Legged Squats (Deadstopped on a bumper plate, no rockup)

A set of 20 per leg, my legs were burning! Easier to balance tho, and you still get full depth.

Forgot to mention, been doing a lot of plate curls and plate wrist curls with a 25 pounder lately.

Was gonna do squats, but Wes was doin deads,so I went ahead and just decided to see where I'm at.

Conventional Deadlift

135x7

225x3

335x1

355x1

375x1, felt pretty solid, no hitch, fairly quick.

385x0, ditched it after I broke it off the ground, back felt to rounded and was already quite sore.

BtB Press

45x15 front and back

95x5

115x1

125 for five singles, all but the last were quick, last was uneven and a lil bit slower than the rest but still slow.

I wish I had my weight at my house again lol, I can't just wake up and lift like I used to. I might have to take 'em back pretty soon.

Sorry workout, was still sore on deads, but did pull 166 pounds (handle weight and loading pin included, apparently weighs about six pounds.) and held it for a bit right handed on the rolling thunder, got 176 off the ground a couple inches, but couldn't lock it out. Repped out and did holds for time with 135 to finish off. Then went and took apart my speaker box and put it back together, which pretty much killed my grip from having to remake holes with non-self tapping screws and my trusty screwdriver. But it beats better. :rock

All right, I've decided to have a "strength day" and a "skill day." Basically, on the strength day, I will do a version of the old Leistner routine I followed for awhile and made good gains on. When I woke up this morning, I weighed all of 160 pounds (I've had a bit of a break from work due to a temporary shutdown, but return tomorrow). I've been practing a lil bit with the kettlebell, working on bottoms up pressing, getting a little better with my right, but I haven't quite "grasped it" with my left.

Military Press (to the front)

45x10

85x5

115x7, short rest then-

85x12

Then did tricep extensions and shoulder raises with a 45 lb plate to failure in both exercises, breathing out extra reps.

Full Squat

45x10

135x5

205x8

Finished off with paused one-legged squats, 10 per leg.

Grip

Pulled 166 left handed on the Rolling thunder this time, tried 176 again, but could only edge it off the ground with either hand. Did some isometrics squeezing the handle as hard as I could for 3 seconds at a time. Finished with 25lb plate curls and pinch work with 25's.

And that was it, after that I was too beat to do anything, so now that I'm back at the hosue, I'm doin some chins and kettlebell work.

Edited by unseenbeat

Military Press

Warmed up, then did 115 for 8 solid reps (last rep was an even lockout as well, which is better than last time) and then did 85 pounds for 15 after about a minutes rest. So basically two current PR's, maybe for BW too, as I'm sittin at just under 160.

Power Jerks

Just worked up quick to 195, wasn't brutally tough, but I was having trouble lowering the weight (pretty much dropping it), and also wasn't wearing my boots, so every time I dipped, I had to squat down on my toes.

Rolling Thunder

Pulled 176 right handed no warmup, twice and with a good long hold both times, for a definite PR! Well, actually, I pulled 166 with both hands right before, if you wanna call that a warm-up. Hands must've been primed regardless. Finished off with some holds for time with 135, reps thrown in between.

Chinups

Got 9 reps with a 25 pound plate tied to me, full extension each time.

If it ain't raining tomorrow, I'll play with my kettlebell and sandbag for lower body and back work.

Thanks lifesnotfair, I'm gonna work with it every session for awhile and see how often I can add wait as long as I actually play with it for awhile. I want to start doing more grip work again.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got a new computer, our old one crashed, that's why I haven't been on for awhile. Only recent PR's are military pressing 135 for 3, and doing chins with 35 pounds tied on for 8 reps. I guess those are PR's for current BW. Maybe. I also took a week off of lifting, but am starting back up.

Worked out yesterday, nothing to special occurred, except for one thing-

Lifted 180 pounds in plates on Wes' Rolling Thunder. I dunno how used it is (never having touched another one), but that makes my PR 186 pounds on this one which I am dadgum proud of so far.