The Double D Gripper Log

DuTCH

Nope, not at all, the V-bar events is not an singles event with a given weight, it's all about max weight baby :tongue

More over, i probably could do singles too for over a couple of hours and hit 50 singles in a day :D

Edited by DuTCH

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DuTCH

• Martin_Arildsson

• dannyboy

• mobsterone

Haha!

I had never any wear and tear on my hands, never even in contest. I prefer to soak my hands in hot olive oil, and put plastic bags around them while holding them in cans of hot water while asleep. This takes some sleep adjustments, but it works good for the hands and is even good for your nails. I like french tips.

:D

I always bail out when i feel skin cracking, it's all about the feel. ( i know, i'm a wussy)

Well, allright, i'm gonna put myself out there once again:

French tips

Well, allright, i'm gonna put myself out there once again:

French tips

These nails aren't good for hublifting :whistel

What can i say to this? :D

I know, i'll cutt them, with teary eyes i must say ;)

Squats, was a 90% day, so

5 singles at 170kg. Man, i have to get used to these heavy loads on the knees again. I actually had in mind to do a max, but i can't handle it yet. Probably next week or so.

bench, 6 sets of 3 with 112,5kg. Went allright.

Tricep work.

Too fast, too tired, not fully rested. Let's keep it at that, and that only for the reason i felt quite dragged in the gym.

Chins, 4 sets of 5

2" axe deads, upped the weight, 3 sets of 2 with 150kg

2 sets of 3 thumbless with 110kg.

some pulldowns, some good mornings, skipped the inverted row, and tried RT.

did 5 sets of 3 with 77,5kg with right

did 5 sets of 3 with ??? i really don't know, left was pretty messed up today. I'll skip 2hp also, the mighty thumbs of theo have suggested they need some rest before they can perform again.

Crazy session!

Bench, hit 5 sets of 2 with 127,5kg

Dips, 2 sets of 8 with 10kg and 1 set with 15 for 6

Milit. Press what turned out in a push press, 4 sets of 2 with 80kg. I lost concentration and nearly injured my thumbs, pfff!!

Clean and press db, 1 set with 30, for 6 reps. 1 set with 34kg for a double. No need to force things.

Laterals, 2 sets of 8, last set 18kg.

Rear laterals 2 sets of 10.

Grippers, went allright, got my new 3.5, pretty stiff and after my 2nd attempt it got all squeaky. Needs oil. I'm half a cm off on it. Pretty much a 3.6 i think. Slightly easier than my SE, but not much.

One hand deadlift,

worked up to 110kg thumbless both hands

Left, did 3x120kg, 3x125kg, 3x120kg.

Right, 1x125kg, 3x135kg, 3x140kg and 3x145kg. Last set all went up to knee level, but couldn't quite get a nice one except the last rep, wich i got it gooooooooddd!

For those of you reading and wondering how i got to these 'heavy weights' .

gripperhell

Strong one hand deadlifts, Theo!

:bow Awesome 1-hand DLs Theo!

We already had one, but you didn't know it!

Thanks guys for the support. Camera is not here this week, but next week i'll tape some of the one hand deadlifts and post them.

Aaahhh! Priorities mixed up. Stayed up too late yesterday, hanging out with some hungarian girls. Skipped training, nearly missed a sportsmassage, and got in bed waaaay too late. :devil

So early morning session:

6 sets of 4 with 100kg squats.

Axe deads: 6/4/3/2 with 130kg.

RT work, was again messed up. Thumbs too tired. Worked with left sets of 75kg for doubles, and right 80kg for triples. I'll cut it back to once a week now. (not that it will matter a whole bunch though)

Afternoon will be some assistance work, bis/tris and V-bar.

Did some light reverse presses for shoulders, standing.

V-bar:

Left- did doubles with 135kg for a few sets. Then hit 1x140kg, 1x145kg, 1x150kg, sweet! Wanted to go down in weight, but too sore.

Right- did doubles with 145kg for a few sets. Then hit 1x150kg, 1x160kg and 1/2x165kg but it's all good :D

Looks like it V-bar is on track. RT still sucks ass, but the rest is pretty okay.

V-bar, next week will be another go at a max, hopefully 170kg can start flying. Bring camera ofcourse. 155 left would be nice too. Then there is only one session after that, and that will be for reps, and then it's go time baby! :rock

Soreness is such an issue that training it hard and more frequently has to be held back. I've two more v-bar sessions and they are reps only (147.5 and 150 all 12 x 1 reps) and then we are good to go. I'll try and get the v-bar we have as seasoned as possible so we can both get some good weights. I like the 170-kilo idea as we will be testing both hands unlike some events and am aiming for both hands to equal or better the current WR if my hands and back hold out until May :D

Aaahhh! Priorities mixed up. Stayed up too late yesterday, hanging out with some hungarian girls. Skipped training, nearly missed a sportsmassage, and got in bed waaaay too late. :devil

So early morning session:

6 sets of 4 with 100kg squats.

Axe deads: 6/4/3/2 with 130kg.

RT work, was again messed up. Thumbs too tired. Worked with left sets of 75kg for doubles, and right 80kg for triples. I'll cut it back to once a week now. (not that it will matter a whole bunch though)

Afternoon will be some assistance work, bis/tris and V-bar.

True - thank goodness :D

Soreness is such an issue that training it hard and more frequently has to be held back. I've two more v-bar sessions and they are reps only (147.5 and 150 all 12 x 1 reps) and then we are good to go. I'll try and get the v-bar we have as seasoned as possible so we can both get some good weights. I like the 170-kilo idea as we will be testing both hands unlike some events and am aiming for both hands to equal or better the current WR if my hands and back hold out until May :D

In our 'battle' everything is tested both hands, isn't it?V-bar, one hand deadlift, RT, grippers and the two handed pinch.

Good idea of seasoning it. Otherwise we can still opt for another seasoned one don't we?

yes, can't train at max weights all the time, neither can I. But one more max, and then backing off for one training i think is not a bad idea if i say so myself :tongue

Yeah, well, don't know really what is up with that friggin' RT. Axe work is going really well, might be able to hit 170kg this week, but why in the hell doesn't my RT go up!!

Edited by DuTCH

We can't test the pinch twice - it's a 2 hand pinch but other wise all events are both hands tested.

Productive training today!

Grippers, did some form of negatives alternated with overcrushes.

Squats, 6 sets of 2 with 160kg 85%

Bench, 6 sets of 4 with 105kg 65%

Dips, 1 set of 20 reps.

Strict presses standing, 5 sets of 4 with 60kg

chins, 2 sets of 5, and 2 sets of 2 with 15kg added.

Also a few sets of EZ curl one hand deadlifts, suitcase style.

both hands, 3x60kg, 3x70kg, 3x80kg and 3x100kg. Not impressive, but i use it as an overall strengthener, and since it's a smooth bar it makes gripping it harder.

Pete:

I am currently doing negatives (and trying to hold on for dear life) on the #4, and overcrushes on a filed Elite (3.2).

Left, i am doing negatives with a filed elite (3.2), and overcrushes with a filed #3 (3.0) or a hg300 (filed).

This has been since today, changed my gripper workout a bit, was getting bored. I tried my 3.5 (about 3.6) today, and it was less than a 1/4" off, so i'll be guessing in a few workouts there'll be a vid.