The Double D Gripper Log

DuTCH

Yo!

bench:

worked up to 12x100kg and then 7x100kg.. nice.

cables. 3 sets of 8

incl. db. 3 sets of 7 with 32kg

st. cables. 3 sets of 12

calf work.

that was it, pretty much.. hit some negatives on a #4 and filed BBE.. not nice, forearms were too pumped from thickbar yesterday.

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DuTCH

• Martin_Arildsson

• dannyboy

• mobsterone

Thanks, you aren't doing to bad either!

Squeezed in a quick workout

Strict press, worked up to 2 strict at 85kg..

push press, went up to 95kg for 2.

Jerk, went to 1x100kg (i think, not sure though)

finished with 2 sets of 3 with 75kg jerk.. Need more power/explosiveness.

Mach press, 3 sets of 12

Laterals, 3 sets of 12-10

tris and bis work.

The KAZ shrugs, snatch grip, normal grip and thumbs close.

2 sets with 107,5kg..

2 sets of hyp. ext. for 12

Yeah, i know.. Feeling it with straps will make one realize you are still miles away...

2HP.. Pretty good.

3rd session since my loooong layaway and i must say, when i hit 75kg last week, i was like mmm...

Today,

worked up to 80kg for 4 singles

got all excited and hit 82,5kg

even more excited.. 85kg! back at my previous level. almost.

did some holds, and then the new flashy pinc technique.

After that i did some blockweights. Now one might think i am overdoing it a bit, but reason for this is that when working with the SE i feel i lack in the pinky and ring finger. Blockweight pinches with pink and finger finger,, i mean RING finger always added some strength to my closes on grippers. We'll see.

well done with getting your pinch back Dutch! I see you are using the Mobster pinch technique. It works better when you have a cockney yelling in your ear not to stop pinching and lifting! :D

Yeah, that is good, pinch is back!

Been a crappy week..

Today, after work i fell asleep, and woke up 5 hours later :cry

I rushed to the gym to do some front squats, squats.

Worked up to

3x140kg

2 sets of 5 with 155kg (upped with 5 kg since last heavy session)

Fronts, 3 sets of 5 with 70kg.

Also did RT work and grippers.

RT went allright, but still fatigued since last thickbar workout was wednesday..

5 singles 72kg left

3 singles 82kg right.

I think i hurt my index and middle finger a bit during bending.. :whacked

Yeah, i know.. Feeling it with straps will make one realize you are still miles away...

2HP.. Pretty good.

3rd session since my loooong layaway and i must say, when i hit 75kg last week, i was like mmm...

Today,

worked up to 80kg for 4 singles

got all excited and hit 82,5kg

even more excited.. 85kg! back at my previous level. almost.

did some holds, and then the new flashy pinc technique.

After that i did some blockweights. Now one might think i am overdoing it a bit, but reason for this is that when working with the SE i feel i lack in the pinky and ring finger. Blockweight pinches with pink and finger finger,, i mean RING finger always added some strength to my closes on grippers. We'll see.

well done with getting your pinch back Dutch! I see you are using the Mobster pinch technique. It works better when you have a cockney yelling in your ear not to stop pinching and lifting! :D

My one big talent! :D

Saturday:

Did some shoulder work, using prelephin percentages:

6 sets of 4 reps at 60kg.

One arm dumbell work:

6 sets of 4 reps 24 kg

Also hit V-bar, going allright.

All my grip work has been moved to

Gripperhell

Ladidadiiii

Uhm,, ah yes, chest:

bench, worked up to 14x100kg and 8x100kg

Cables, 3 sets of 8

Incl. Db. 3 sets of 6 with 34kg

St cables 2 sets of 12.

Tricep work, experimenting with the standing barbell extensions.

Uff, very sore!

In the back.

Still, squeezing out a back workout :whacked

Chins; 10! reps and 2 sets of 2 with 10kg.

2" deadlift, 6 sets of 2x140kg

3 sets of thumbless for doubles with 100kg

Inverted rows for 3 sets

Behind back pulldown 3 sets of 8.

Bicep work, changed to regular bar work instead of thickbar for a change...

Ok, been working and incorporating with Prilephin percentages. I will incorporate it as much as i can..

Bench, deads, st. presses, but also in gripwork.

St. Barb. Press, 6 sets of 3 reps with 70kg .. 70% next week 80%

One arm db press, 4 sets of 6 with 22kg

Laterals, 2 sets of 10

Rear laterals, 2 sets of 10

Front static hold.

Tricep work, adding an extra day, with low reps.

All for 4 sets of 5-6 reps.

Pushdown

Barbell ext standing

another pushdown.

Aiming at a 180kg bench before summer.

Calf work.

Squats, 6 sets of 3 with 132,5kg.. 70% miscalculated, wanted 132,5 to be my 55%.. Anyway, using a max of 190 here.

Bench, 8 sets of 3 with 100kg.. 55% Wanting a 180kg 1RM.

Abs, calf work.

Squats, 6/4/6/4/4 with 100kg this is 55%

Bench, 7 singles with 120kg, wanted to do a heavy session, but weight according to my max was too light. 75%

Axe Deads, 6/4/6/4/4 with 105kg. no comment

oh, and yesterday 6 sets with 70kg for triples, 70%

assistance work and a bit tris.

Right now my workout schedule is this

monday, squat (heavy) bench (light) grippers

tuesday, axe deads, assistance 2hp

wednesday, not really anything

thursday, grippers, 2hp, shoulders one hand deads

friday, axe (light day) RT, bench and squats (light) tris

strday, v-bar, bis, assistance

See how i can keep it up, but i feel like i can handle the volume. No more shi tting around with bodybuilding stuff too much.

Edited by DuTCH

Squats, 152,5kg for 3 sets of 5, Prilepin 80%

Bench, 100kg for 6 sets of 4, mr. P, 62,5%

Then some work for the triceps, tate press, JM press and bradford press, oh and the l-fly.

Light ab work.

Pull ups (always thought they were called chins), 5/2/2 last 2 sets with 15kg added.

Axe, worked up to 1x160kg wich was a first! and 3 sets of 2 with 145kg and 1 single.

thumbless, 2x100 2x110 1x120kg.

Chins, 3 sets of 4, palms towards face.

Inverted row

Played around with my 2"dumbell wich i made out of some pvc. Wanted to see how much i could push press, and 60kg wasn't yet to be. Next time. When i'm around 80kg, i'll see what i can do with the Inch.

axe video

Pull ups (always thought they were called chins), 5/2/2 last 2 sets with 15kg added.

Axe, worked up to 1x160kg wich was a first! and 3 sets of 2 with 145kg and 1 single.

thumbless, 2x100 2x110 1x120kg.

Chins, 3 sets of 4, palms towards face.

Inverted row

Played around with my 2"dumbell wich i made out of some pvc. Wanted to see how much i could push press, and 60kg wasn't yet to be. Next time. When i'm around 80kg, i'll see what i can do with the Inch.

<a href="http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?automodule=gallery&req=si&img=5275" target="_blank">

axe video</a>

Congrats to your PR Theo, great Axle deadlift. You will be hard to beat at the MGCIII.

Must have been the clean and jerks with the 2" dumbell, cause my shoulders were hurtin' a bit, anyway:

Bench, 120kg for 5 sets of 3 (had 6 in mind, didn't want to strain too much)

Dips, 3 sets of 10

Milit. barbell press: 4 sets of 6 with 55kg. Had more in mind, but the shoulders were hurtin'.

Laterals, 2 sets of 8, last set with 16kg

Rear laterals, 2 sets of 10, last set 7kg

Squats: 6 sets of 4 with 105kg

Axe deads, 6 sets of 4 with 115kg.

And did rt work, left doubles with 76,5kg and right doubles with 86,5kg. Didn't go that well because yesterday i hit blobs and hubs real hard, and that does affect the hands, apparently ;)

Edited by DuTCH

Squats: 6 sets of 4 with 105kg

Axe deads, 6 sets of 4 with 115kg.

And did rt work, left doubles with 76,5kg and right doubles with 86,5kg. Didn't go that well because yesterday i hit blobs and hubs real hard, and that does affect the hands, apparently ;)

So you are training for the loading event, right? :online

Well, yes i am, how the hell should I be able to beat you guys if i don't train for it?? :tongue;)

Seriously, i have to work a bit on the hubs, blobs are ok, but hubs i don't have, i can't train. I do have a hub device, but i think to be able to get a 20kg plate, i should be high pulling 20K on the hub pin. (btw, thanks for the hub toddel :kiss)

Well, yes i am, how the hell should I be able to beat you guys if i don't train for it?? :tongue;)

Seriously, i have to work a bit on the hubs, blobs are ok, but hubs i don't have, i can't train. I do have a hub device, but i think to be able to get a 20kg plate, i should be high pulling 20K on the hub pin. (btw, thanks for the hub toddel :kiss)

sure!

always a pleasure!

Overslept, until 2 in the afternoon, and had a little less than an hour and hit the gym before it got closed.

Did some high rep tricep work with pushdowns, overhead cable extensions and reverse pushdowns.

Biceps, barbell curls, 3 sets of 5 with 52,5kg. (i'll make it a mainstay again, with a regular bar, i'd like to get over 65kg this time so i'll stick with it.)

Concentration curl, 3 sets of 6-8, last set with 20kg.

V-bar, what looked like a crappy session, actually turned in to a moment of joy!

v-bar story: after only a half year of training, i was able to hit 156,5kg (wich still stands i think on the record for left, or broken by johan) on the v-bar. Never ever duplicated that again on the lgc bar. I looked and saw i had a whole different stance at that time. Made the adjustments today, and look, i pulled much better this time. Not totally to the stance change ofcourse, but still.

Left, 5-6 sets of doubles within 120-130kg.

Right, 5-6 sets of doubles within 130-140kg. Then felt really good and hit 144kg, and 152,5kg! Best ever pulled on this v-bar, was 145kg, wich got me on contest day a 155kg lift. Joy!

Overslept, until 2 in the afternoon, and had a little less than an hour and hit the gym before it got closed.

Did some high rep tricep work with pushdowns, overhead cable extensions and reverse pushdowns.

Biceps, barbell curls, 3 sets of 5 with 52,5kg. (i'll make it a mainstay again, with a regular bar, i'd like to get over 65kg this time so i'll stick with it.)

V-bar, what looked like a crappy session, actually turned in to a moment of joy!

v-bar story: after only a half year of training, i was able to hit 156,5kg (wich still stands i think on the record for left, or broken by johan) on the v-bar. Never ever duplicated that again on the lgc bar. I looked and saw i had a whole different stance at that time. Made the adjustments today, and look, i pulled much better this time. Not totally to the stance change ofcourse, but still.

Right, 5-6 sets of doubles within 130-140kg. Then felt really good and hit 144kg, and 152,5kg! Best ever pulled on this v-bar, was 145kg, wich got me on contest day a 155kg lift. Joy!

well done Theo!

Thanks, correction, the 145kg done in training, was a 152,5kg lift in contest. So a 7,5kg difference.

Interesting. Two things: I had a blinding session, reported months ago in my log, when I was late and rushed to the gym. Secondly I did my best 155-kilos on my usual pin shortly before hitting my 162.9-kilos at the CoC event. Just over 7.5-kilos different. That said I did 150-kilos total weight on that pin for 12 singles last week and the V-Bar is on it's way... are you worried :blink

Edited by mobsterone