Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

Sunday

@ GN

A little later but what the hey it is Sunday. Also stayed after talking to Phil about his first BB Competition (he's doing an other so must have loved it)

Double over hand thick bar deadlifts

A feeler session to see where I was after 2 weeks off. Answer - still there ha!

bar (35kg) x 6 fast easy reps, 75kg x 3 reps, 105kg x 1 rep, 135kg x 1 rep, 165kg x 1 rep, both belts on, 185kg x 1 rep, 195kg x 1 rep, 205kg x 1 rep

Monday

I was gonna run an errand first thing but remembered I've got the kit for testing and reviewing coming (today??) so packed orders and then did VG work.

V/Gripper

All done with gold spring

B/H: L3 x 6 reps @, L6 x 3 reps @, L9 x 1 rep @, L12 x 1 rep @.

L/H: L13 x 1 rep, L14 x 1 rep, L15 x 3 x 1 reps - could have done more but am looking to slowly add to this as I go.

R/H: L14 x 1 rep, L15 x 1 rep, L16 x 1 rep (hard as it was a poor set), L17 x TnG, L18 x 2 x 1 reps (first was hard as it was a poor set - but the 2nd was ok enough to make me feel like going for another - as above will add slowly).

Tuesday

Chest n back

@ GN

Barbell Bench Press

bar x 15 reps, 60-kilos x 8-10 (?) reps, 100-kilos x 6 reps, 140-kilos x 1 rep, 150-kilos x 3 x 1 reps

Pullovers

12p x 8 reps, 18p x 8 reps, stack(20p)+25-kilos x 6 reps

Thick 2HP

43.6-kilos x 6 reps, 63.6-kilos x 3 reps, 83.6-kilos x 1 rep, 93.6-kilos x 1 rep, 103.6-kilos x 1, F, 1, 1,

@WG

Low Row

used thick handles

100-kilos x 8 reps, 125-kilos x 8 reps. No belt and thumbless grip

Wednesday

DH WD work

This is, as it ever will be, brutal on the wrist.

W/up using the orange spring then went to work on the gold.

B/H: (O) L1 x 6 reps, L2 x 3 reps, (G) L3 x 3 reps, L4 x 1 rep, L5 x 1 rep, L6 x 1 rep, L7 x 1 rep

2" V-Bar work

B/H: 72.5-kilos x 3 reps @, 92.5-kilos x 1 rep @, 112.5-kilos x 1 rep @

R/H: 132.5-kilos (see note) x 1/2, 1, TnG, F

NB: actual weight 134.7-kilos/296.45lbs as I was using the same 20kg plates as at the weekend. I may take a small drop to have a proper run at this.

Friday

Leg Press

Down a little on leg press... annoying

0-kilos x 15 reps, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 8 reps, 360-kilos x 8 reps, 480-kilos x 8 reps, s/belt+wraps on 600-kilos x 8 reps, 720-kilos x 0. Tried 2x and it just sat there.

Leg Ext

65-kilos x 8 reps, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 120-kilos x 6 hard negs/eccentrics per leg

Leg Curl

25-kilos x 8 reps, 40-kilos x 8 reps, 50-kilos x 8 reps

Took the Fatgripz to the gym. Comments: loved the... the contraction is...ouch....feels like another 15-kilos on the bar (which he liked). Several guys tried them and they were used on side laterals, curls, dumbbell deadlift and chins. All in all positive.

mobster,

I have a question for you. what do you do for your DO axle? I tested mine at chris rice's after the first WOG leg and it was 3 pounds better than I pulled in 2007. all my other lifts have gone way up and body-wise I'm stronger as well. I've been doing almost all of my gympulls with an axle. I switch to mixed when i need to. I haven't devoted a lot of time to hitting the DO specifically. is this a lift that simply has to be trained to get better? what do you think helps axle the most as an accessory lift?

thanks

brent

I only do what you see in this log Brent. So check out the stuff from June to July when I did the record. I have an article on DO Thick bar training saved as well. When my personal site has been altered I'll add it there.

I only do what you see in this log Brent. So check out the stuff from June to July when I did the record. I have an article on DO Thick bar training saved as well. When my personal site has been altered I'll add it there.

looking forward to the article.

Friday PM

V/Gripper work - gold spring

The back of my right wrist twinged during the first couple of warm up sets.

B/H: L3 x 6 reps @, L6 x 3 reps @, L9 x 1 rep @, L12 x 1 rep @

L/H: L13 x 1 rep, L14 x 1 rep, L15+1B x VVN, 1, 1 rep. An accidental attempt at L18+1B, dropped back to L15+1B x 1 rep then back up to L16 x VN

R/H: L14 x 1 rep, L15 x 1 rep, L16 x 1 rep, L18 x VVN, 1 (tough), N (poor set), F - started the back of the wrist off again so stopped.

Saturday

2HP @ 44mm

was only able to work to 101.7-kilos for some reason.

D/O/H/T/B/D/L

worked to 200kg x 3 x 1 reps. Dizzy.

Monday

Shoulders n arms @ WG

Seated BB press in rack

bar x 8 reps, 40-kilos x 8 reps, 60-kilos x 8 reps, *80-kilos x 6 reps, 90-kilos x 4 x 1 reps

*started s/s with

DB H Curls

10-kilos@ x 8 reps, 20-kilos@ x 8 reps, 25-kilos@ x 6 reps, **30-kilos@ x 6 reps. All weights are under as bar and collars are not included

**started s/s with

TPD

50-kilos x 8 reps, (i)70-kilos x 8 reps, (i)80-kilos x 8 reps (a little tough)

(i) All sets on non-revolving 1-inch thick handle so the heavier ones were done with a towel over to allow slight rotation and not to tweak the wrists.

Tuesday

Unless I get a new lodger or lodgers soon my overdraft will get it's ass kicked (the previous tenants having done a runner owing me £800+). Every time I've been in the gym recently my minds on other things. Combine that with various untreated twinges (as I cannot afford to get them treated...). Well... anyway I may take Loz's suggestion of not training the pinch 2x a week to see what happens. On the plus side my left hand VG work is slowly getting better.

Vulcan Gripper - using gold spring

B/H: L3 x 6 reps (back of r/wrist twinge again), L6 x 3 reps, L9 x 1 rep, L12 x 1 rep

L/H: L13 x 1 rep, L15+b x 4 x 1reps, L15+2b x 1 rep (more there)

R/H: L14 x 1 rep, L18 x N, 1, VVN, 1, 1, N (wanted 4 x 1 reps). I suspect the earlier twinge was putting me off.

2HP - thick

A good deal of faffing about using a pair of 15-kilo plates (about 66-67mm thick) on some LONG hollow tube. Weight 37.3kg

Set up x 6 reps, +20-kilos x 3 reps, +40-kilos x 1 rep, +60-kilos x fail?? Changed to using the full width on the usual equipment at 64mm loaded to 95.6kg x 1 hard rep. On the next one I bombed badly feeling like I'd over extended my left thumb as the pain was annoying but, fortunately, temporary. Thus I did two more singles. I then upped the weight to 101.1kg and it sat there. Called it a day.

Wednesday

DH WD work - orange spring

Nothing else trained. Still a few tweaks and twinges to content with which, of course, the always brutal WD 'helps' (NOT!)

B/H: L1 x 6 reps @, L4 x 3 reps @, L7 x 3 reps @, L10 x 1 rep @,

L/H: L11 x 3 x 1 with the last easy for some reason.

R/H: L11 x 1 rep, L13 x 1 rep, L14 x F, 1, 1, F, 1 (so three of 5 attempts successful)

looking forward to the article.

Added.

Thursday

Brutal Bench and Back day (hvy - will speed/rep next time)

Bench Press

bar x 12 reps, 60-kilos x 8 reps, 100-kilos x 6 reps, 130-kilos x 1 rep, 152.5-kilos x 3 x 1 v hard reps

LPD*

80-kilos x 8 reps, 110-kilos x 8 reps, 150-kilos x 6 reps

Low Row*

80-kilos x 8 reps, 100-kilos x 8 reps, 130-kilos x 6 hard reps

* superset with BP

Rotators work with a broomstick

x 1 min

Friday

Up late so trained late. Possibly as a result of a very slightly tweaked neck maybe making sleep less restful. I was also delayed a tad by a neighbor (at the start) and some young lads towards the end of the workout who have previously shown an interest in training. They may be over tomorrow for a proper workout. As they are still too young for full on weights etc I said if they come they'll do more rep and bodyweight based stuff. If they bring mates we'll have a miniature competition.

V/Gripper work - gold spring

B/H: L3 x 6, L6 x 3 reps, L9 x 1 rep, L12 x 1 rep

L/H: L13 x 1 rep, L15+2B x 4 x 1 reps. Upped it to L16 x VVN

R/H: L14 x 1 rep, L18 x VN, 1,1, TnG, 1 rep

How old are the little guys? Have emtry some grip. My boys love it, 11 and 6 years.

Rico

Saturday

No sign of the wanna-bes. Cue look of shock. 2HP was still off from where I wanted it to be and my left thumb base still seems as though I've tweaked it.

2HP @ 44mm

equ x 6 reps, +30-kilos x 3 reps, +50-kilos x 1 rep, +60-kilos x 1 rep, +70-kilos x 1 rep, +75-kilos x 1 rep, +80-kilos x F, 1/2, 1, 1, 1 reps Upped to +85-kilos x F, F, dropped back to +80-kilos x 3 x 1 reps. All tough. So...

20kg Blob work

3 x 1 reps left handed and 4 x 1 reps right.

Plate pick ups

2 x 10-kilo plates (per hand) x 2 x 1 reps each, 2 x 15-kilo plates (as before) x 2-3 x 1 reps each and then finally 1 pair of 15's with me alternating pick ups. Left hand has a small assist from the index and thumb of my right. For 3-4 reps a pop.

Monday

Legs

Leg Press

Experimented with various ways of depth control. Added a pallet, pad etc to the back pad for 8-inches, then skinnier set up for 6.5-inches then finally 4.5-inches. Numbers are heights of set ups and not actual sled travel. All sets from dead stop bottom start.

0-kilos x 12-15 reps, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 8 reps, 374-kilos x 8 reps, 494-kilos (sb) x 8 reps, 574-kilos (sb/w) x 8 reps, 654-kilos (bb/w) x 8 reps.

Leg Ext

65-kilos x 8 reps, 125-kilos x 8 reps, 170-kilos x 8 reps

Leg Curl

20-kilos x 8 reps, 30-kilos x 8 reps, 40-kilos x 8 reps

Tuesday

Should have been, according to my book, D/H/W/D work, but never mind. That's now for tomorrow.

V/Gripper

B/H: L3 x 6 reps, L6 x 3 reps, L9 x 1 rep, L12 x 1 rep

L/H: L13 x 1 rep, then L16 x 1, TnG, VN, VN, F (p/s), VN. upped since last session as I felt my left was getting stronger.

R/H: L18 x 1, TnG, TnG, TnG, 1, N

Tuesday

Should have been, according to my book, D/H/W/D work, but never mind. That's now for tomorrow.

V/Gripper

B/H: L3 x 6 reps, L6 x 3 reps, L9 x 1 rep, L12 x 1 rep

L/H: L13 x 1 rep, then L16 x 1, TnG, VN, VN, F (p/s), VN. upped since last session as I felt my left was getting stronger.

R/H: L18 x 1, TnG, TnG, TnG, 1, N

looking strong on the L 18, makes me wanna think of getting a V/gripper myself :mosher