Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

Tuesday

V/Gripper

B/H: L1 x 6 reps, L7 x 3 reps, L10 x 1 rep, L13 x 1 rep

L/H: L15+B x 1, VVN, 1, 1, VVN

R/H: L15 x 1 rep, L17 x N, N, L16+B x 1, 1, 1, 1 (go to +2B next time)

Weaver Stick

B/H: bar (10.8lbs) x 3 reps @, +1.25-kilos x 3 reps @, +2.25-kilos x 2 reps @ alt, +2.75-kilos x 3 reps @ alt, +2.75-kilos x 3 reps @,

L/H: +3-kilos x F

R/H: +3-kilos x 1 rep

Wednesday

Trained with G and Mike cos they came down early. Ended up taking longer and doing more than I had planned.

Double overhand thick bar deadlifts

bar x 10 reps, 70-kilos x 3 reps, 100-kilos x 1 rep, 130-kilos x 1 rep, 160-kilos x 1 rep, 202.5-kilos x 4 ugly, ugly x 1 reps

2HP

@ 39mm

towel over: +30-kilos x 3 reps, +50-kilos x 3 reps, +60-kilos x 1 rep, +70-kilos x 1 rep, +75-kilos x 1 rep, +80-kilos x 1 rep, +85-kilos x F. Changed to:-

@ 44mm

+85-kilos x F, dropped to +80-kilos and each attempt got better and better and more locked in hence double at the end: 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2

Orbi

45/45 B/H B/W

Edited by mobsterone

Saturday.

To begin with I wasn't going to train today so cleaned up around the house, had another cup of coffee and so on. Then wandered over, still in half a mind, to see how Greg was getting on. I started warming up and then demonstrated some 'zoning in' techniques (getting the most our of yourself type stuff) to Greg. These, due to the almost auto-pilot type response (ie: I got fired up myself) meant 2 things. Firstly I ballsed up the loading of the bar (see notes) and 2 had a good session.

One hand deadlift - thumb over

B/H: Bar x 8 reps a hand, 60-kilos x 3 reps a hand, 90-kilos x 3 reps a hand, 120-kilos x 1 rep a hand

L/H: *130-kilos x 4 x 1 reps.... 140-kilos x 4 x 1 reps

R/H: *140-kilos x 4 x 1 reps.... err no. 160-kilos x 4 x 1 reps

*Greg pointed out that I had in fact pulled 160-kilos for my first single which meant that 130 was in fact not 130 but 140 and 140 was not 140 but 160-kilos. I thought 'sod it' and carried on anyway and so had a great session

Dumb people get very strong :)

Thursday

Another struggled session. I may need to rethink the shoulder and arm sessions for now. As in a metaphorical button reset (start again for another run at the big numbers). Lower bodyweight makes some exercises harder due to lack of leverage.

Seated press

bar x 8 reps, 50-kilos x 8 reps, 80-kilos x 6 reps, 100-kilos x 2+F. Grrr so over to machine and 3 x 6 x stack.

S/S with

DB H/Curls

10kg x 8 reps @, 20kg x 8 reps @, 30kg x 8 reps @

TPD on LPD

9p x 8 reps, 11p x 8 reps, 12p x 6 reps (tough)

Bwt (not with full kit on as per winter): 285.5lbs @ GN

Easter / Good Friday

Nice late start to the day as there's nowt else on the cards. Or at least not until Ant said he wanted to train in the PM. Other than that nowt.

One hand deadlifts thumb over

Using same bar as before. On the day I want to use a 100% straight one so am practising with what will probably be a little more than I can lift on our 2-degrees off true bar.

B/H: bar x 6 reps (used one hand as intention is to warm up back and legs only), 60-kilos x 3 reps @, 90-kilos x 3 reps @, 120-kilos x 1 rep @ No belts at all.

L/H: 142.5-kilos x 4 x 1 reps. Support belt only

R/H: 162.5-kilos x 4 x 1 reps. Support belt only

Weaver to the front (see NB)

B/H: Same warm ups as before. Inc solid bar x 3 reps @ and +1/2-kilo x 1 rep @

L/H: +1-kilo x 3 x 3/4 reps (arm slightly bent). The 1/2kg jump is monstrous at this level.

R/H: +1-kilo x 3 x 1 reps. All ok if somewhat hard. Arm as above. Need to adapt.

NB: Checked USAWA rules for clarification and noted that they require the arm to be locked. I'd been asked if I did this on Facebook and said I hadn't noticed. So noticed today and then checked the rules after. I will need to adapt.

Saturday

2HP

Too extra care with the skin and worked to +85-kilos (106.7) x 1,1,1,1,0,1,1, varying thumb placement for skin saving reasons. The belly of the flexors (ie: in the 'meat') was feeling it.

Orbi

50/50 B/H, B/W. N/S as usual.

Sunday

Legs

Leg Press

80-kilos x 8 reps, 160-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 8 reps, 280-kilos x 8 reps. All bar the first set allowed the small niggle on my right knee to annoy me. I put on a knee support for 240 and 280kg.

Leg Ext

60-kilos x 8 reps, 125-kilos x 8 reps, Stk+25-kilos (170) x 8 reps

Leg Curl

20-kilos x 8 reps, 30-kilos x 8 reps, 40-kilos x 7 r/p reps

Monday

V/Gripper

B/H: L1 x 6 reps @, L7 x 3 reps @, L10 x 1 rep @, L13 x 1 rep @,

L/H: L15+b x 1, 1, VN*, 1, 1 reps (* poor set)

R/H: L16+2b x 5 x 1 reps (good session)

Weaver (rear)

Some progress today, time to up the weight a bit next time in spite of back aching (see below).

B/H: w/up, bar x 3 reps @, +1.25-kilos x 3 reps @, +2.25-kilos x 3 alt reps @.

L/H: +2.75-kilos x 3 x 1 reps

R/H: +3-kilos x 3 x 1 reps (last 2 singles 'easy')

For some bizarre reason during weaver work my left lower back decided to spasm. I can only think I was a little too energetic during leg extensions yesterday (leaning forward as I straightened my legs). It's damned annoying and so, if I can, I'll do 2x stretching sessions today. Grrr

Tuesday

I was somewhat concerned that this might be a no go due to the spasm yesterday but once fully warmed up (also post walk into town - which helped) I was able to work to an 'easy' 190-kilos where I left it in lieu of leg 4 Saturday.

2HP

Shaky but able to work to a single (where I stopped again) +85-kilos.

Curls (for fun with the boys)

To 40-kilos over bar weight x 8 reps then tape comes out... right arm cold 19-inches and not much more pumped...

Orbi (ditto)

right forearm cold 16 and again not that much more after but apparently all veiny and nasty cos of the comments I got as I did 2 minutes.

No more training for the rest of the week and most of above was done with Sam and Ta (Will) visiting along with H, Loz, Ant and Chris in attendance. As per a comment of Mike's... the suns out and we had a full house.

Monday

Busy day thus far. Work and training. My focus is now 100% on being the best I can for the Brits.

Back @ WG

Lat Pulldowns

80-kilos x 8 reps, 110-kilos x 8 reps, 140-kilos x 8 reps, 162.5-kilos+ x 5 hard reps

Front raises (seated)

+5-kilos x 8 reps @, +13.5-kilos x 3 x 8 reps @ (2 hard and 1 hardish sets)

Low Rows

70-kilos x 8 reps, 110-kilos x 8 reps, 137.5-kilos x 6 hard reps

Weaver (F)

NB: the difference between a go rep and a no-go rep is 0.25-kilo. I need a way to micro-load (lead shot in a bag??)

W/up both hand to bar x 3 reps each

L/H: +.5-kilo x 2 x 1 reps, +1.0-kilo x F F.

R/H: +.5-kilo x 2 x 1 reps, +1.0-kilo x 2 x 1 reps, +1.25-kilos x F, F, F.

Tuesday

running a little late as Naz came in the am and I was expecting him in the pm and spent some time talking about motivation at the end of the session.

V/Gripper

B/H: L1 x 6 reps, L7 x 3 reps, L10 x 1 rep, L13 x 1 rep. Hardish warming up but ok as I got going.

L/H: L15+2b x N, VVN, VN, VVN, VVN

R/H: L16+2b x VN, VVN, N, 1, 1, VVN

2HP

Half way through the sloppy max weigh set I decided to tape the set up and it was 42mm and not, as it should have been, 44mm. One 30-second job with a spanner and see what happens.

42mm t/over equ x 6 reps, +30-kilos x 3 reps, +50-kilos x 1 rep, t/off +70-kilos x 1 rep, +75-kilos x 1 rep, +80-kilos x 1, 1, F, 1 rep. Spanner and adjusted, +80-kilos x 6 x 1 reps. NB: check the damn width.

As per chat with Naz we also had a go at 1 and 2-inch v-bar lifts. I worked to a 135-kilo effort on the 1" and a 120+ effort on the 2" for fun. I've not done any real work on the 1" in a long time. I told Naz how I used to see the bar filled to the brim (200kg plus) and so on. The mind set must be that way to be the best. He wasn't two handing what I was doing 1 handed. But the message is the same.

Wednesday

Tomorrow will be a planned rest day. Road tested new Zulu Wrist Wraps - Defcon

@ GN

Seated machine press

1/2 stack x 8 reps, stack x 8 reps, +40-kilos x 6 reps, +80-kilos x 6 reps, +120-kilos x 5 reps.

H/Curls Dumbbell

10-kilos @ x 8 reps, 20-kilos @ x 8 reps, 27.5-kilos @ x 8 reps - alt, 35-kilos x 8 hard reps - alt.

s/s with

TPD on LPD

9p x 8 reps, 10p x 8 reps, 11p x 8 reps, 12p x 8 reps - PB on this machine I think

Bwt: 288lbs

Always nice when they happen.

Friday

Following on from the rest day I went to GN to try one hand deadlifts (a la the Euros) using a straight non-cambered at all bar to see how much of a difference said bars made. Not much it seems.

One hand deadlifts thumb over

B/H: bar x 6 reps each, 60-kilos x 3 reps, 90-kilos x 3 reps, 120-kilos x 1 rep, 140-kilos x 1 rep (took 2 attempts on my right somewhat annoyingly - I wasn't locking it in).

L/H: 145-kilos x 3 x 1 reps - more than last time (142.5kg x multiple singles)

R/H: 150-kilos x1 rep, 155-kilos x 1 rep, 155-kilos x F, 1 rep. This was down a few kilos from my gym (162.5-kilos x a few singles)

Off to mine to pack orders and do Weaver to the rear in a mo.

Saturday

Deliberately started late as I knew we had a good size crowd down today inc Kye, Chris and a mate, Andy C, Carl, Mike, G and Ethan, Loz, Nick McKinless and myself. Highlight of the other lifts was Loz's 170-kilo axle over head (I also saw his 182.5kg from a rack on his phone) and Loz's successful attempt (second time this has been done) of putting my Millennium overhead. In fact he had two cracks at it with the first being 100%.

2HP @ 44mm!!

worked to plus 82.5-kilos (104.20 x 6 x 1 reps and 1 x a double to finish. As before got better the more I did.

Dinnie work

heavy pin, handle etc + 87-kilo disc x 12 reps a hand, +40-kilos (about 130kg) x 12 reps a hand, +60-kilos (about 150) x 2 x 12 reps a hand. The idea not being to max out (I KNOW I can lift 180kg) but to get some volume work/tolerance to the reps. If I do it again (in say 2 weeks time) I'll do sets of 15 reps.

Some more pinch work with Nick and Loz. This included working to 93-kilos (inc set up) at 52mm using only the rubber inserts. I failed (2 attempts) at 98-kilos which Loz got.

Sunday

Legs

Leg press

plate x 12 reps, 80-kilos x 8 reps, 160-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 8 reps, 320-kilos x 8 reps. No belts, wraps, straps.

s/s with

Leg Ext

60-kilos x 8 reps, 125-kilos x 8 reps, 145-kilos/stack x 8 reps, 170-kilos (stk+25kg) x 8 reps. No jerking.

Leg Curl

20-kilos x 8 reps, 30-kilos x 8 reps, 41.25-kilos x big struggle.

Great one hand deadlifting Big Steve!!

Tell Loz congrats for me for the Millenium overhead lift !!

How's the back at the mo ,mate?

Stiff but better for the walk into town and grateful for no lifting today (nowt which includes the back anyway).

Thursday

@ GN (decided to have a lighter back day). Chest n back day

V bench

arms x 12 reps, 20-kilos (per side) x 8 reps, 35-kilos x 8 reps, 50-kilos x 8 reps, 65-kilos x 8 reps, 80-kilos x 8 reps, 95-kilos x 6 reps, 100-kilos x 5 reps

s/s with

LPD

10p x 8 reps, 13p x 8 reps, stack (15p) x 8 reps

then

Seated upright row machine

11p x 8 reps, 16p x 8 reps, stack (20p) x 6 reps

Straight arm pulldowns

4p x 8 reps, 8p x 10 reps

Seated Leg Curl

Awful machine for me to get into

4p x 8 reps, 8p x 8reps.

Could have done more but far too cack handed

bwt: 295lbs so = 291lbs actual

Friday

Hands took a while to get their 'groove thang on' but once I was finally set my attitude went up a notch and I was all 'torn skin - so what!'.

2HP

Weaver ®

Saturday

Trained outside on what's turned out to be the best day of the year weather wise so far. That combined with people walking by made for a very good one hand deadlift session

One hand deadlift thumb over

Sunday

12 days to ass kicking day...

Shoulders n' arms @ GN

Seated press

1/2 stack x 8 reps, stack x 8 reps, +60-kilos x 8 reps, +100-kilos x 6 reps, +140-kilos x 6 reps

s/s

DB H Curls

10-kilos @ x 8 reps, 20-kilos @ x 8 reps, 30-kilos @ x 8 reps, 37.5-kilos x 8 reps

TPD on LPD machine

8p x 8 reps, 11p (meant to be 10p) x8 reps, 13p x 5 reps V heavy/hard

1 Arm Cable TPD on c/over pulley

30-kilos x 8 reps @, 35-kilos x 8 reps @. Pumped.

Bwt: 20st 13lbs

Monday

Trained in the PM at WG. No sign of Dunc or Anthony. Tsk. However, training took longer than intended because neighbors dropped by. I'm booked by one for a play scheme gig in August and another will start training with me tomorrow. This training outside lark pays dividends LOL