Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

Better than before. But it's my back that's stopped me doing any leg work for about 5 months. The thigh injury (about 4-inches above the knee) was, as you'll know, from dropping the weight on it. That IS better but still swollen etc. However, the bruising is mostly gone with the previously light coloured bulge now dark.

Tuesday

Shoulders/arms/Vulcan gripper

Doing a slightly different program this week so as to free up a days rest at the end before Leg 3.

Seated press

bar x 12 reps, 50-kilos x 8 reps, 80-kilos x 6 reps, 112.5-kilos x 3 x 1 reps. 1st super hard and 2 and 3 hard enough.

DB H/Curls**

10-kilos @ x 8 reps, 20-kilos @ x 8 reps, 30-kilos @ x 8 reps, 40-kilos @ x 7 reps

TPD on LPD

8p x 8 reps, 10p x 8 reps, 13p x 5 hard reps. Machine being used is very stiff/high friction

V/Gripper*

B/H: L1 x 6 reps, L7 x 3 reps, L10 x 1 rep

L/H: L13 x 1 rep, L15 (up from L14 last time) x VVN, 1, 1, 1 reps Good.

R/H: L13 x 1 rep, L15 x 1 rep, L17 x VVN, N, N, N. Hard but well enough for now.

* super setted with other movements

** super setted with heavy sets on press.

Bwt: down a tad but not wearing 2 sweats as before. V nice day today hence no sweats.

Wednesday

Legs/axle work. Axle supersetted with leg work.

Leg Press

80-kilos x 8 reps, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 160-kilos x 8 reps. Loads more left but easing back into this.

Leg Extension

45-kilos x 8 reps, 90-kilos x 8 reps, 125-kilos x 8 reps. Slight soreness in shin of right leg (as a result of injury soreness in ALL of leg) a little off-putting. The actual weight was super easy.

Leg Curl

20-kilos x 8 reps. Stopped. The still present bulge/swelling of the injury over my right knee/quad was VERY off putting and sore after. If I had gone heavier I was afraid I'd make the recovery worse so that was that.

Axle Deadlifts

bar x 12 reps NB, 70-kilos x 3 reps NB, 100-kilos x 1 rep SBO, 130-kilos x 1 rep SBO, 160-kilos x 1 rep SBO, 195-kilos x 5 x 1 reps B/belts. Well doable. SBO = support belt only, NB = no belt.

Good lifting Steve , especially on axle.

Steve i have back problems myself(L4 and L5 completely herniated and resting on sciatic nerve and S1 AND s2 worn according to neuro surgeon like a 70 year old, i'm picking Karl Norbergs!!)but i have done a little research , especially on Valentin Dikul, who in my opinion is one of the strongest men of all time, and i started to do lots of good mornings and hypers to warm up before any exedrcise .

Touch wood, so far they have reduced pain in the back and legs and have given me a little bit of strength back.

With your work ethic and great genetics ,they might be of some benefit to you ,even at your age !!!!

Live long and prosper

YOUR FRIEND

Chris

Cheers Chris. I saw a NHS physio a few weeks back and have seen improvements doing what they told me to do. I've some to do later. It only takes a few minutes.

Friday

Back workout.

Lat Pulldowns

80-kilos x 8 reps, 110-kilos x 8 reps, 140-kilos x 8 reps, 160-kilos x 8 reps

F/Raises

5-kilos loaded x 8 reps, 13.5-kilos loaded x 3 x 7 reps

Low Rows

70-kilos x 8 reps, 110-kilos x 8 reps, 135-kilos x 8 reps

Sunday

one hand deadlifts thumb over

B/H: 60-kilos x 3 reps @, 90-kilos x 3 reps @, 120-kilos x 1 rep @

L/H: 140-kilos x F, x 1 rep

R/H: 140-kilos x 2 x 1 rep, 150-kilos x F, F, dropped back to 140-kilos x 3 x 1 reps, each better than the last one.

As above was a tester I'll be doing 132.5-kilos working sets weight L/H and 142.5-kilos R/H

Also to start doing weaver to the rear from next session.

Monday

Seated press

down where no 'assistance' provides better leverage. So I'll need to tough it out. Bring it on.

bar x 8 reps, 50-kilos x 8 reps, 80-kilos x 6 reps, 122.5-kilos (accident) x Fail, 112.5-kilos x Fail (see above), 100-kilos x 3 x 2 reps.

EZ Curls

Too much faffing around setting up pairs of dumbbells for the warm up sets etc so switched to EZ curls using and Olympic EZ bar

bar x 8 reps, +20-kilos x 8 reps, +50-kilos x 8 reps, +60-kilos x 4 reps. All harder on my wrists and inner eblows than the dumbbells. Last set 'loose'.

TPD

No problems here

60-kilos x 8 reps, 70-kilos x 8 reps, 80-kilos x 8 reps, 90-kilos x 8 reps

Mucho grinding of teeth over annoying PC. I must get it looked at soon.

Freestanding HSPU would be awesome at your BW maidenfan. How many reps can you do with your feet on a wall?

Freestanding HSPU would be awesome at your BW maidenfan. How many reps can you do with your feet on a wall?

Oopsie, I don't know how I typed this in the wrong place. I guess it's because I check your log often as well :rock

Tuesday

V/Gripper

B/H: L1 x 6 reps, L7 x 3 reps, L10 x 1 rep, L13 x 1 rep.

L/H: L15 x 6 x 1 reps (up with bands next time)

R/H: L16 (thought it was 17 and I was monstering it until the penny dropped - d'uh!) x 4 x 1 reps, L17 x N, VVN, VN. I will get L17 again soon.

Weaver stick (using standard size e-z curling bar as per)

B/H: bar x 3 reps @, +1-kilos x 3 reps @, +2-kilos x 2 reps @ (alternating hands), +2.5-kilos x 2 reps @ (alt as before).

L/H: +3-kilos x 1 hard rep then one failed rep

R/H: +3-kilos x 2 x 1 reps.

NB: to begin with it felt easier using my left hand all the way to 3-kilos then my right hand 'came on strong' as it were and the left, as above, started to struggle.

Some stretching during as I neglected to do any yesterday (forgot). I also have some more to do later.

Wednesday

Double over hand thick bar deadlifts

bar x 12 reps, 70-kilos x 3 reps, 100-kilos x 1 rep, 130-kilos x 1 rep, (added support belt here, all previous reps done with f'all) 160-kilos x 1 rep, (both belts on and shoes off) 200-kilos x 1,1,1,1,3/4,1. From No 3 o/wards slightly dizzy.

Orbi

30/30 B/H B/W

Good lifting bro !!!

To give your lower back a rest mate and easeit a bit but still work thickbar, i do this.

Get your 2 " bar and put it as high as you can through power rack and hang off it and add resistence with dipping belt

or in your case stunning buxom blondes to hang off your waist.

It will give you traction amongst other things !!

We still have the 2" tubing for chins and I hung off that before training. I also did a back release trick as well (more later).

Thursday

Leg Press

80-kilos x 8 reps, 160-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 8 reps. Slight twinge in right knee.

Leg Ext

60-kilos x 8 reps, 125-kilos x 8 reps, 145-kilos x 8reps. Used towel on right shin to aid discomfort issue.

Leg Curl

20-kilos x reps, 30-kilos x 8 reps, 40-kilos x 8 reps (6+1+1). Kept knee swelling off pad for all sets

Saturday.

To begin with I wasn't going to train today so cleaned up around the house, had another cup of coffee and so on. Then wandered over, still in half a mind, to see how Greg was getting on. I started warming up and then demonstrated some 'zoning in' techniques (getting the most our of yourself type stuff) to Greg. These, due to the almost auto-pilot type response (ie: I got fired up myself) meant 2 things. Firstly I ballsed up the loading of the bar (see notes) and 2 had a good session.

One hand deadlift - thumb over

B/H: Bar x 8 reps a hand, 60-kilos x 3 reps a hand, 90-kilos x 3 reps a hand, 120-kilos x 1 rep a hand

L/H: *130-kilos x 4 x 1 reps.... 140-kilos x 4 x 1 reps

R/H: *140-kilos x 4 x 1 reps.... err no. 160-kilos x 4 x 1 reps

*Greg pointed out that I had in fact pulled 160-kilos for my first single which meant that 130 was in fact not 130 but 140 and 140 was not 140 but 160-kilos. I thought 'sod it' and carried on anyway and so had a great session

Sunday

Much later than usual (bloody clocks go forward today) so trained after 4pm

Back

Lat Pulldowns

80-kilos x 8 reps, 110-kilos x 8 reps, 140-kilos x 8 reps, 162.5+ kilos x 4 reps (more than 162.5-kilos because I used a broken dumbbell bar and collar to hold 22.5-kilos onto stack so kept reps low). Iffy r/elbow and r/bicep irritated by pulldowns esp (wore sleeve)

F/Raise

+5-kilos x 8 reps, +13.5-kilos x 3 x 8 reps (all tough)

Low Row

70-kilos x 8 reps, 110-kilos x 8 reps, 135-kilos x 8 reps

Weaver stick to the front (for Brits)

broomstick x 6 reps, hollow EZ bar x 3 reps @, solid e/z bar (as per/10.8lbs on scales) x 3 reps @ (alt and nice n easy with left hand), +1/2-kilo (11.9lbs) x 3 alt reps @, +1-kilos x 3 x 1 reps R/H and 1 rep left (would not budge after that)