Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

Monday

Shoulders/arms/RT work

@ GN

Seated Press

bar x 10 reps, 50-kilos x 8 easy reps, 80-kilos x 6 easyish reps, 102.5-kilos x 4 x 1 reps (only 3rd was wonky)

s/s

DB Curls

10-kilos @ x 8 reps, 20-kilos @ x 8 reps, 30-kilos @ x 2 x 6 reps (loads left)

RT

Super setted between heavy sets of press and db curl work

N/H

B/H: 45-kilos x 6 reps, 60-kilos x 3 reps, 75-kilos x 1 rep, 90-kilos x 1 rep, 100-kilos x 4 x 1 reps

O/H

B/H: 115-kilos x 1 rep, 120-kilos x 1 rep, 125-kilos x 1 rep

R/H only: 135-kilos x 1 rep. Could have had more but gym was closing.

walked to WG

TPD

missed 50-kilos x 8 reps warm up going straight in at a hardish

70-kilos x 8 reps, 90-kilos x 8 reps

Tuesday

Coached Naz while doing;

V/Gripper

B/H: L1 x 6 reps, L7 x 3 reps, L10 x 1 rep

L/H: L13 x 1 rep, L14 x VN, VVN, VN, TnG, VN, VN, F (poor set), VN, VN

R/H: L13 (acc) x 1 rep, L15 x TnG, 1 rep, L16 x 1, TnG, VN, 1, 1, 1 reps

Wednesday

Thick handled dumbbell work

Inch farmers walk work

I used a baby Inch and the 60mm dumbbell handle set up (53kg approx). I walked from two pallet stacks across the yard touched my toe to another and came back. I walked it out and it was about 55 feet there and back.

1) Baby inch L/H and set up in right x 55 feet, 2) Inch right and set up left x 110 feet. 3) I then added a few kilos taking the set up to 63-kilos and the baby Inch (using a chain, carabiner and 4 x 2.5-kilo plates)with weight added to about the same x 55 feet. 4) swapped hands/equipment and did another 55 feet walk. Both of the heavier 'runs' were tough on the left hand. I felt I could have done more with my right so need to a) bring the left hand up and walk further.

Thick handled dumbbell deadlift

L/H: Inch x 3 x 1 reps (first two longer than the last one)

R/H: 2.5-inch thick handle etc loaded to 130-kilos. Note fails were when set up became loose. 1, F, 1, F, F, 1 reps (3 in total)

2HP tomorrow and axle work the day after.

Wednesday PM

2HP work

Gloves on: equ x 6 reps, +30-kilos x 3 rep, +50-kilos x 1 rep, Gloves off: +70-kilos x 1 rep, +75-kilos x 1 rep, +80-kilos x 1 rep, +87-kilos x 2 x F, dropped back to +85-kilos x 4 x 1 reps each getting more solid as I did them.

Thursday

Off/rest

Friday

@ GN

double over hand thick bar deadlift

Back felt awkward so did extra stretches and warm ups

bar (35kg) x 12 reps, 75-kilos x 3 reps, 105-kilos x 1 rep, 135-kilos x 1 rep, 165-kilos x 1 rep, 185-kilos x 3 x 1 plus 1 rep with plates raising height to about what it will be at the Arnold (about 12-inches off the ground). I lowered this one back to the floor. I also felt, for all the heavy reps, as though there was a little more weight or another 1-2 singles on offer. Which is nice.

Bwt: 293.5lbs on their scales which equates to 289.5lbs on ours. Fully dressed as per.

Saturday

Back

LPD

70-kilos x 8 reps, 90-kilos (acc) x 8 reps, 110-kilos x 8 reps, 150-kilos x 2 x 6 reps

Front dumbbell raises (1 arm at a time as per)

+5-kilos x 8 reps, +13-kilos x 3 x 6 reps

Low Rows

60-kilos x 8 reps, 100-kilos x 8 reps, 130-kilos x 7 reps. Motivated by annoying rule change I moaned and muttered/grit my teeth through this session hence the numbers/good workout

Sunday

Anvil walk work. Me no like the side carry style (the rules changed Friday). It's brutal. Anyway...

IM Horn

+50-kilos x 3 reps @, +60-kilos x 1 rep @, +80-kilos x 1 rep @

2" FBBC V-Bar (12.5kg)

+40-kilos x 27.5ft @ hand, +50-kilos x 27.5 ft @ hand, +70-kilos x 2/3 of the way L/H and finished with the right. Then carried all the way back with the right hand. Awful. The weight slaps and hits the side of my calves and so on. Very tough on the body but not on the hand.

I then switched to straddle style, as before and did: L/H + R/H: 27.5ft each and did the same again (so 2 times each way with rest between each hands attempts.

Side bends

20-kilos a hand x 20 reps, 30-kilos a hand x 20 reps.

Monday

@ GN

Seated Press

bar x 12 reps, 50-kilos x 8 reps, 80-kilos x 6 reps, 105-kilos x 3 x 1 reps (No 2 was damned hard and both 2 and 3 could have been better form)

DB Curls (H style)

10-kilos x 8 reps @, 20-kilos x 8 reps @, 30-kilos x 2 x 7 reps @

TPD

used the same lat machine as before:

H7 x 8 reps, H9 x 8 reps, H10 x 8 reps, H11 x 4. Too big a jump. As I was doing TPD Howard, using it for back work (same weight he he) commented that my forearms looked huge. Of course LOL.

Bwt: 292.5 on their scales so 288.5 on mine.

Tuesday

Coached Naz

T/Grippers

Still lacking that last fraction of an inch snap and pop. Tsk.

B/H: Usual.

L/H: CoC 3 x 1 rep, BBGM x 1 rep, BBE x VVN x 7, CoC 3 x 3 reps

R/H: BBE x 1 rep, CoC 3.5 x TnG, TnG, BBSE x VVN, 1, VVN, VVN, CoC 3.5 x 2 x 1 reps, CoC 3 x 3 reps

Great numbers Big Steve.

Couple of questions Steve if oyu don't mind Big fella.

Have you snatched the baby Thomas ?

Have you been over 200kg on DO 2" bar yet?

How are you such a handsome chap?

Best of luck Big Man , do us proud !!!!

Great numbers Big Steve.

Couple of questions Steve if oyu don't mind Big fella.

Have you snatched the baby Thomas ?

Have you been over 200kg on DO 2" bar yet?

How are you such a handsome chap?

Best of luck Big Man , do us proud !!!!

Yes.

Just (441lbs last summer at Chad's comp) but I will do more this March.

I blame me mum and dad ha ha. That and my landing on my face in the gym New Years day which has added character.

What are VVN and TnG ?

Very, very near and touch n' go.

Wednesday

Late start due to Physio appt. No surprises re me getting actual treatment. Martine (v nice) did all the usual test but no manipulation. I WILL give the exercises she suggested a try though.

Inch Farmers walk work

Baby Inch (53kg) 3 x 1 reps @ high pulls.

Baby Inch+10kg/63-kilos on 60mm handle x 1 walk out (27.5ft).

Baby Inch+15kg/68-kilos on 60mm set up x 1 walk out (as above)

Then switched to trying pickups from floor (no walking).

Baby Inch+15kg/68-kilos on 60mm x 2 x 1 pick ups (v untidy)

Inch/78-kilos on 60mm (alt hands) x 3 x 1 reps from floor. All v ugly looking. No walks.

Took 10 mins rest and had sports/isotonic drink then:

Thick handled dumbbell deadlift

135-kilos / 297lbs plus set up x 3 x 1 reps

Thursday

Coaching Naz later (if he arrives)

2HP

Gloves on: equ x 6 reps, +30-kilos x 3 reps, +50-kilos x 1 rep, gloves off: +70-kilos x 1 rep, +75-kilos x 1 rep, +80-kilos x 1 rep, +86-kilos (1kg back load) x fail, 1 (v shaky). I then (with banging tune on hi-fi) imagined I was on stage at the Arnold and 8000 attendees were jumping to the tune. It helped 3 x 1 solid and 1 just. Job done.

Orbi

45-seconds e/w with either hand alternating. 3 mins total.

Side Bends

20-kilos x 3 x 10 reps per side.

Good dumbbell lifting Steve nearly at the 300 lb mark.

Looks like you will be able to answer the question from the film "Ronin" .....

"Whats in the box ?" !!!! At the Arnold !!

Big Steve ,the last time i saw you personally you were bloody huge especially your wrists and forearms.

David H told me that you are even bigger now and stronger ,so just for my records how big are your wrists and forearms now mate ?

Good dumbbell lifting Steve nearly at the 300 lb mark.

Looks like you will be able to answer the question from the film "Ronin" .....

"Whats in the box ?" !!!! At the Arnold !!

Big Steve ,the last time i saw you personally you were bloody huge especially your wrists and forearms.

David H told me that you are even bigger now and stronger ,so just for my records how big are your wrists and forearms now mate ?

It's over 300lbs. I only count the weights loaded when I put down 135-kilos. There's the bar, collars and 2.5" dumbbell sleeve as well. The whole thing is about 307. I WILL be pulling 330lbs in plates alone before I go.

My wrists? 8.25-inches cold sitting as I type now. Forearms.. as above. After doing some Orbi-grip work with a slight pump my right gets to 16.25-inches. I'm lighter than I was at xmas (I hit a dressed 299.6lbs on Dec 20th) at around 287-289lbs. I prefer being bigger for my pressing but don;t need to be so big for the grip stuff. I'd guess my forearm then was a little under 16.5-inches with a good pump and even the other day I had it a little over 16.25. As with bodybuilders if I've eaten well and done a few more reps than usual it'll blow up a bit more.

Friday

@ GN

Double over-hand thick bar deadlifts

Sans belt (support belt only): bar x 12 reps (I rest the bar on my shoes between reps)

75-kilos x 3 reps, 105-kilos x 1 rep, 135-kilos x 1 rep, With Belt (lever belt on): 165-kilos x 1 rep, 190-kilos* x 3 x 1 damned ugly reps (last one barely locked out if at all). The 190-kilos efforts were done as last time, slightly raised but I also took my shoes off.

Still * equates to my heaviest in the gym lifts on this movement. I may need either a days rest before the next workout like this or to stay at this weight for another session.

Sunday

Sat off. Just did some of the physio stretches.

back w/o at my gym

LPD

80-kilos x 8 reps, 110-kilos x 8 reps, 140-kilos x 8 reps, 160-kilos x 6 reps

F/Raises

+5-kilos x 8 reps, +13-kilos x 3 x 7 reps

Low Rows

70-kilos x 8 reps, 110-kilos x 8 reps, 130-kilos x 8 reps

Side bends

20-kilos a side (1 at a time) x 10 reps, 30-kilos x 2 x 10 reps (as before, one side then the other).

Bwt (from scaled weight yesterday in my gym): 290lbs

Monday

@ GN

Anvil work

The more I do the less I like this. I may have a token go come the time cos it's ALL ugly, ugly, ugly. Anyway:

IM Horn

Set-up+40-kilos x 4 reps @, 60-kilos x 3 reps @, 80-kilos x 1 rep @ (more later).

Using GN's 2" bar (holding it low. It weighs 14.3kg)

+35-kilos across floor and back (about 26 feet) @ hand

+65-kilos ditto (horrid form) RH all the way. LH not.

+65-kilos straddle style there and back B/H x 2 goes. Back ached/sore

Rested

Back to

IM Horn

+40-kilos to the side and straddle x 2 reps each

+80-kilos as above

+85-kilos straddle style only.

Back to sore to do anything else so may train the rest inc physio stretches later.

Monday pm

RT work.

N/H: +45-kilos x 6 reps @, +75-kilos x 3 reps @, +90-kilos x 1 rep @, +101.25-kilos x 3 x 1 reps @ (more left)

O/H: +110-kilos x 1 rep @. +120-kilos x 1 reps @, Stopped even though there was more in the tank. Not maxed out as I'll be testing in at the event Saturday. Videoed.

Orbi

50/50-seconds ACW and CW B/H

Stretching

Tuesday

Held back a tiny bit as I am using the VG and 2HP on Saturday so did not want to take anything away from any effort I'd like to put on then.

V/Gripper

Practised with 20mm block on warm ups

B/H: L1 x 6 reps, L7 x 3 reps, L10 x 1 rep

L/H: L13 x VN, 1 reps, L14 x 1, VVN, TnG (slipped), 1, 1 reps Stopped here as above.

R/H: L13 x 1 rep, L15 x VN, 1 rep, L16 x 3 x 1 reps Did a CCS 3 for fun.

2HP

All lifts done sans belts (both kinds)

Eq x 6 reps, +30-kilos x 3 reps, +50-kilos x 1 rep, gloves off +70-kilos x 1 rep, +75-kilos x 1 rep, +80-kilos x 1 rep, +86.5-kilos x 1/2 rep, 1, 1 (solid), 1 stopped as skin felt sore (see intro notes)

Wednesday

Shoulders n' arms @ GN

Seated Press

bar x 12 reps, 50-kilos x 8 reps, 80-kilos x 6 reps, 105-kilos x 4 x 1 reps

Hammer DB Alt Curls

10-kilos @ x 8 reps, 20-kilos @ x 8 reps, 30-kilos @ x 2 x 8 reps

TPD

Used the Nytram machine and rope pulley handle

H8 x 12 reps, H12 x 10 reps, H15 x 8+1+1 reps, stack (H15) +10-kilos x 6+1+1 reps, ez style handle x another 5 pumper reps

Bwt: 293/289lbs

Wednesday pm

As I neglected to include them in the morning workout and was chatting with G I did the following:

Side bends

20-kilos @ x 10 reps a side, 25-kilos x the same, 30-kilos x the same and 35-kilos x the same.

Stretches