DevilErik

Today's session:

Grippers+1 HP+wrists

Vulcan V2 gripper:

3 negatives:

10-11 PR!!!

300 lbs golden grip gripper:

1 No Set attempt

I decided to give this gripper a try again this time while I was already fatigued from my negatives.

The gripper is narrower than before but it is still wider than a CCS I am still able to do a card swipe.

I nearly closed it I couldn't believe it!

This probably means that I am more than ready for the no.3 cert.

1 HP:

60mm pinch block:

10x8

15x5

17,50x3

20x1

25x0 (miss)

My block is just way too slippery I am going to buy some griptape(skateboard tape) and put it on my block. 

It is just simply impossible to hold on to and I am not training my grip this way.

Wrists:

Plate curl: 10 kg

Reverse plate curl: 10 kg

Front/rear sledge choke

Supination hold

Sledgehammer curl

Pronation hold

Rolling handle thumbless deadlift: 40 kg

Rolling handle reverse curl: 35 kg

I decided to attempt a Miller lever for the very first time.

I was able to hold the sledgehammer handle in between the 2 knurlings while performing it.

On top of that I was already fatigued because I attempted it at the very end of my workout.

I am SUPER happy with this attempt!

Recovery:

Vulcan V2 gripper:

3x failure 2-2

Extensor "bucket":

3x failure

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

This probably means that I am more than ready for the no.3 cert.

Go for it man. Worst case scenario is that you got a really hard #3 and just have to practice a little to get used to the torsion spring. 

Nice workout btw!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, matek said:

Go for it man. Worst case scenario is that you got a really hard #3 and just have to practice a little to get used to the torsion spring. 

Nice workout btw!

I am going to wait until I can do negatives with the the highest setting on the orange spring.

Once I am able to hold it closed for at least 5 seconds the no.3 should be easy.

Thanks man I appreciate it!

• Like 1

Today's session:

2 HP+Thickbar

60mm Pinch Block:

10 kg

20 kg

30 kg

40 kg

60mm Rolling handle:

10 kg

20 kg

30 kg

40 kg

Fatgripz Extreme on a rolling handle:

40 kgx1

Recovery:

Vulcan V2 gripper:

2-2   

3x failure

Extensor "bucket":

3x failure

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 8

Today's session:

Grippers+Thickbar+Wrists

Vulcan V2:

Warming up:

1-1/2-2/3-3/4-4

3 negatives:

11-10 PR!!!

60mm Rolling handle:

10 kg

20 kg

30 kg

40 kg

Wrists:

Plate+rolling handle+Sledgehammer

Plate wrist curl: 10 kg

Plate reverse wrist curl: 10 kg

Fatgripz extreme thumbless wrist curl: 33,75 kg PR!

Radial deviation

Miller lever

Ulnar deviation

Pronation

Supination

Circumduction

Recovery:

Vulcan V2: 2-2 

3x failure

Extensor "bucket":

3x failure

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 6

Today's session:

Grippers+ 1 HP+Wrists

Vulcan V2:

Warming up:

1-1/2-2/3-3/4-4

3 negatives:

11-11 (highest setting) these felt super heavy but I was able to control them very well.

The first two negatives were pretty easy to control but the third one was super hard.

I was only able to get the third one to CCS range which is very bad so I am going to do 2 negatives from now on until I am able to dominate them.

Once I am able to comfortably hold this setting closed for 2 negatives I am going to add the third one.

60mm pinch block 1 HP:

10x8

15x5

17,50x3

20x1

25x1

Wrists:

Sledgehammer+Rolling handle+plate

Front+rear sledge choke

Supination hold

Hammer curl

Pronation hold

Rolling handle reverse curl: 36,25 kg PR!

Recovery:

Vulcan V2:

2-2

3x failure

Extensor "bucket":

3x failure

• Like 6

15 hours ago, DevilErik said:

Today's session:

Grippers+ 1 HP+Wrists

Vulcan V2:

Warming up:

1-1/2-2/3-3/4-4

3 negatives:

11-11 (highest setting) these felt super heavy but I was able to control them very well.

The first two negatives were pretty easy to control but the third one was super hard.

I was only able to get the third one to CCS range which is very bad so I am going to do 2 negatives from now on until I am able to dominate them.

Once I am able to comfortably hold this setting closed for 2 negatives I am going to add the third one.

60mm pinch block 1 HP:

10x8

15x5

17,50x3

20x1

25x1

Wrists:

Sledgehammer+Rolling handle+plate

Front+rear sledge choke

Supination hold

Hammer curl

Pronation hold

Rolling handle reverse curl: 36,25 kg PR!

Recovery:

Vulcan V2:

2-2

3x failure

Extensor "bucket":

3x failure

Great session and VERY strong 36.25kg Rolling handle reverse curl, thats a lot of weight with 1 hand for such a thick handle.

I find thick bar reverse curls strain my thumbs if i use them thumb wrapped so i cant do them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Great session and VERY strong 36.25kg Rolling handle reverse curl, thats a lot of weight with 1 hand for such a thick handle.

I find thick bar reverse curls strain my thumbs if i use them thumb wrapped so i cant do them. 

I am using a cheap rolling handle with Fatgripz extreme on it.

The fatgrip sits loosely around the handle so it spins like crazy.

The frame of my 60mm rolling handle is too big to do reverse curls with.

The handle with the Fatgripz extreme on it actually feels more difficult It's probably due to the increased diameter.

It does feel a bit like an upright row sometimes but that probably has something to do with the the angles involved.

A reverse curl with a loading pin feels pretty awkward compared to a reverse curl with a bar or a dumbbell.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 1

On 5/24/2022 at 11:08 AM, DevilErik said:

I am using a cheap rolling handle with Fatgripz extreme on it.

The fatgrip sits loosely around the handle so it spins like crazy.

The frame of my 60mm rolling handle is too big to do reverse curls with.

The handle with the Fatgripz extreme on it actually feels more difficult It's probably due to the increased diameter.

It does feel a bit like an upright row sometimes but that probably has something to do with the the angles involved.

A reverse curl with a loading pin feels pretty awkward compared to a reverse curl with a bar or a dumbbell.

Sounds a tough but result producing move. Reverse curls are great for elbow health as well. Plus who doesn't want a bigger brachioradialis.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Sounds a tough but result producing move. Reverse curls are great for elbow health as well. Plus who doesn't want a bigger brachioradialis.

It's great.

My brachioradialis has always been huge but lately I have been noticing major forearm gains which is pretty odd considering the fact that I quit training completely and I am eating at maintenance.

I am starting to look like popeye.

I also only do singles but apparently they still give me good growth.

I think it has something to do with singles targeting different muscle fibers.

From what I know there are certain muscle fibers that only get recruited above 90% of your 1 RM.

I do all my exercises in a circuit and I only do 1 rep of each exercise.

I didn't know about the elbow health part.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 4

Today's session:

2HP+Thickbar

I bought some skateboard tape and put it on my block and damn it feels great the difference is night and day.

My pinch block now feels like a fully knurled block I can't wait to see what I can pull with one hand on Monday.

60mm pinch block:

10 kg

20 kg

30 kg

40 kg

60mm Rolling handle:

10 kg

20 kg

30 kg

40 kg

Recovery:

Vulcan V2: 2-2

3x failure

Extensor "bucket":

3x failure

• Like 6

21 hours ago, DevilErik said:

It's great.

My brachioradialis has always been huge but lately I have been noticing major forearm gains which is pretty odd considering the fact that I quit training completely and I am eating at maintenance.

I am starting to look like popeye.

I also only do singles but apparently they still give me good growth.

I think it has something to do with singles targeting different muscle fibers.

From what I know there are certain muscle fibers that only get recruited above 90% of your 1 RM.

I do all my exercises in a circuit and I only do 1 rep of each exercise.

I didn't know about the elbow health part.

Thats great to here. A popeye look is awesome.

I always found that grip would build my forearms depsite the low reps. Like you say you recruit a lot of fibers and of the volume is high, bingo!

Keep up the great work!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Thats great to here. A popeye look is awesome.

I always found that grip would build my forearms depsite the low reps. Like you say you recruit a lot of fibers and of the volume is high, bingo!

Keep up the great work!

My forearms were 16 inches goosenecked a year ago I have no idea how big they are now.

My upper arms are "only" 16.9 inches which is not that big for a guy my size I have the worst bicep insertions on the planet but I have never really cared about arm size anyway.

I really like high volume triples and singles.

They give you the same growth as 10 rep sets but they are a lot heavier.

They are obviously harder on recovery but I don't think that matters when it comes to a small muscle group like forearms.

Will do thanks for the continued support!

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 3

Keep up the hard work, it always pays off

nice workouts

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

Keep up the hard work, it always pays off

nice workouts

Thanks John, I appreciate it!

23 hours ago, DevilErik said:

My forearms were 16 inches goosenecked a year ago I have no idea how big they are now.

My upper arms are "only" 16.9 inches which is not that big for a guy my size I have the worst bicep insertions on the planet but I have never really cared about arm size anyway.

I really like high volume triples and singles.

They give you the same growth as 10 rep sets but they are a lot heavier.

They are obviously harder on recovery but I don't think that matters when it comes to a small muscle group like forearms.

Will do thanks for the continued support!

16" is huge, Thats as big ss my upper arms lol.

I bet you have long arms and your biceps would grow if you wanted to put the work in. 

Id rather have big forearms than biceps. All the cool kids prefer forearm size 🤣

You are most welcome, keep up the great work 👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, mcalpine1986 said:

I bet you have long arms and your biceps would grow if you wanted to put the work in. 

Id rather have big forearms than biceps. All the cool kids prefer forearm size 🤣

I am 193 cm tall and my wingspan is 195 cm.

I think so too I have always been a bit lazy when it comes to arm training.

Haha I also think having big forearms is awesome however I'd rather focus on getting crazy wrist strength and I have noticed that heavy singles in a circuit work best for me.

I used to only care about size and thought strength was just a cool "by product" so the speak but ever since I have gotten into grip my whole mindset has changed.

Size and strength obviously go hand in hand when it comes to resistance training but grip is entirely different.

Grip training obviously contributes to forearm size but grip work by itself isn't going to build massive forearms.

I am starting to appreciate strength a lot more and I now see size as a cool by product.

Thanks man will do!

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, mcalpine1986 said:

yeah 16inch forearms, thats massive. My forearms are only about 12inchs but they look like steel cables.

Big forearms are where its at. I'm not talking bodybuilder forearms either (not that i'm knocking them they work their asses off)...  To this day, i've never seen more impressive arms and forearms than my grandpa... He got in many fights because people didnt think he was as strong as he looked... And a bookie was ordered to stab him but years later told him he was too afraid.🤣 I swear thats a true story.

You can pretty always get good read on someone, just by looking at their eyes, forearms and shaking their hand.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Blacksmith513 said:

yeah 16inch forearms, thats massive. My forearms are only about 12inchs but they look like steel cables.

Big forearms are where its at. I'm not talking bodybuilder forearms either (not that i'm knocking them they work their asses off)...  To this day, i've never seen more impressive arms and forearms than my grandpa... He got in many fights because people didnt think he was as strong as he looked... And a bookie was ordered to stab him but years later told him he was too afraid.🤣 I swear thats a true story.

You can pretty always get good read on someone, just by looking at their eyes, forearms and shaking their hand.

The "steel cable look" is pretty awesome.

I have never trained my forearms for size I could probably get 18 inches goosenecked but I don't feel like dedicating my entire training to forearm size for years on end.

I wasn't even able to maintain it for a few weeks because I was just bored out of my mind.

Looks can definitely be deceiving.

Damn man some people are insane.

People used to tell me all the time that I was crushing their hand so I kinda started doing limp hand shakes which is kinda dumb now that I think about it.

The eye thing is annoying people often try to intimidate me for some dumb @ss reason.

You'd think that being 6'4 265 lbs would scare people off but people react in the exact opposite way.

People often try to test me to see if I am as strong as I look.

I have even been punched "for fun" to see how I would react.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DevilErik said:

The "steel cable look" is pretty awesome.

I have never trained my forearms for size I could probably get 18 inches goosenecked but I don't feel like dedicating my entire training to forearm size for years on end.

I wasn't even able to maintain it for a few weeks because I was just bored out of my mind.

Looks can definitely be deceiving.

Damn man some people are insane.

People used to tell me all the time that I was crushing their hand so I kinda started doing limp hand shakes which is kinda dumb now that I think about it.

The eye thing is annoying people often try to intimidate me for some dumb @ss reason.

You'd think that being 6'4 265 lbs would scare people off but people react in the exact opposite way.

People often try to test me to see if I am as strong as I look.

I have even been punched "for fun" to see how I would react.

Can’t stand people like that, they feel inadequate about what they have to work with and got to prove something to others. I’ve never trained for size either, but I do enjoy the by product of it.  

My grandpa would have been one of those freak of natures you read about on here. But I’m sure others here could say that, those born before ww2 were very tough. 

there’s an art to shaking hands. I don’t squeeze too hard because I don’t want to hurt anyone but it’s got to be firm to show your sincere. 

• Like 1

Today's session:

Grippers+thickbar+wrists

Vulcan V2:

2 negatives:

11-11

These kept popping open so I decided to drop down 2 settings to 10-11.

1 negative:

10-11

Thickbar:

60mm rolling handle:

10 kg

20 kg

30 kg

40 kg

Fatgripz extreme on a rolling handle:

40 kgx1

Wrists:

1h finger curls(first time trying these):

3x3 40kg these are brutal I absolutely love these!

Plate wrist curl: 10 kg

Fatgripz thumbless wrist curl: 35 kg (PR!)

Sledgehammer: 

Radial deviation

Miller lever

Ulnar deviation

Pronation

Supination

Circumduction

Recovery:

Vulcan V2:

2-2

3x failure

Extensor "bucket":

3x failure

• Like 4

4 hours ago, DevilErik said:

I am 193 cm tall and my wingspan is 195 cm.

I think so too I have always been a bit lazy when it comes to arm training.

Haha I also think having big forearms is awesome however I'd rather focus on getting crazy wrist strength and I have noticed that heavy singles in a circuit work best for me.

I used to only care about size and thought strength was just a cool "by product" so the speak but ever since I have gotten into grip my whole mindset has changed.

Size and strength obviously go hand in hand when it comes to resistance training but grip is entirely different.

Grip training obviously contributes to forearm size but grip work by itself isn't going to build massive forearms.

I am starting to appreciate strength a lot more and I now see size as a cool by product.

Thanks man will do!

I feel that in my soul, 218cm wingspan with 17' forearms and they still look tiny as hell, Its why guys like Vitaly Laletin look tiny next to guys like Levan, The massively longer levers really stretch out that muscle belly

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jermiah Merciconah said:

I feel that in my soul, 218cm wingspan with 17' forearms and they still look tiny as hell, Its why guys like Vitaly Laletin look tiny next to guys like Levan, The massively longer levers really stretch out that muscle belly

Damn man that is one insane wingspan at 200cm tall.

There are so many genetic factors to size that it's kinda pointless to make it your main goal in my opinion.

Strength is much more straight forward.

I agree, that's also why most bodybuilders are so short it's a lot easier to look massive when you're short.

But even at the same height insertions are insanely important for size.

You can have two people of the exact same height with the exact same amount of muscle mass and one of them looks incredibly jacked and the other one doesn't look like he lifts.

Edited by DevilErik

Hey, we are who we are. What really counts is that we do the best we can with what we got.

• Like 2

Just now, John Knowlton said:

Hey, we are who we are. What really counts is that we do the best we can with what we got.

True that John.

Personally I am really happy with who I am and the way I look.

• Like 2