Morgan's Grip Log

maidenfan

2 minutes ago, maidenfan said:

Took the hammer for a walk around the lake and neighborhood.

933540F5-FD76-4291-943B-5530816D15B6.jpeg

I can’t help but imagine some of the looks you might get walking around wielding that thing 😂

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

I can’t help but imagine some of the looks you might get walking around wielding that thing 😂

Yeah, I make it a point to go rear lever (less threatening) when passing anyone, especially women. 

• Like 3

Found this at Lowes - 3” pony clamp 😂

IMG_7615.jpeg

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, maidenfan said:

Yeah, I make it a point to go rear lever (less threatening) when passing anyone, especially women. 

Good call. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, maidenfan said:

Man, where I live, I’d give it 10 minutes before people are posting on the community page on fb about a bald man walking around with hammer like object. 

• Haha 4

Same here, 

pony clamp is cool, when I have to go to Home depo I grab one and use it until we are done , my wife thinks I’m nuts

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

Same here, 

pony clamp is cool, when I have to go to Home depo I grab one and use it until we are done , my wife thinks I’m nuts

Hahaha that’s awesome, I will keep that in mind

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hard not to workout - forcing myself not to re: tourney.  

Did get a new toy in and it’s a perfect tool for an OCD guy like me.  Sportgrips Sidewinder Pro Extreme T6 😂. Was a lot of money ($200), but went for it based off Jedd’s review. 

Just got it today and I can say the quality is outstanding.  The knurling is sharp and it’s completely unturnable at max setting for me (right now 😎)  Very smooth - feels great.  I built one of these myself back in the day w pvc and a clamp and there’s no comparison

Will Give some updates. 

IMG_7657.jpeg

IMG_7660.jpeg

IMG_7661.jpeg

IMG_7662.jpeg

IMG_7663.jpeg

IMG_7664.jpeg

Edited by maidenfan
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, maidenfan said:

Did get a new toy in and it’s a perfect tool for an OCD guy like me.  Sportgrips Sidewinder Pro Extreme T6 😂. Was a lot of money ($200), but went for it based off Jedd’s review. 

Just got it today and I can say the quality is outstanding.  The knurling is sharp and it’s completely unturnable at max setting for me (right now 😎)  Very smooth - feels great.  I built one of these myself back in the day w pvc and a clamp and there’s no comparison

Will Give some updates. 

IMG_7657.jpeg

IMG_7660.jpeg

IMG_7661.jpeg

IMG_7662.jpeg

IMG_7663.jpeg

IMG_7664.jpeg

Those side winders are incredible, also have the side twister. 

pricy but bomb proof. Warm up and cool down every single workout with mine, and do rehab as needed.  

You are going to find so many little things you can do with it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Those side winders are incredible, also have the side twister. 

pricy but bomb proof. Warm up and cool down every single workout with mine, and do rehab as needed.  

You are going to find so many little things you can do with it. 

Worth buying the twister?  Id like to work rising more and you can w a the pro, but at a very small diameter.  Seems like the twisters big diameter would be an awesome arm wrestling riser tool?

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, maidenfan said:

Worth buying the twister?  Id like to work rising more and you can w a the pro, but at a very small diameter.  Seems like the twisters big diameter would be an awesome arm wrestling riser tool?

I think so. For the reasons you stated.  But it’s not as challenging overall as the pro. 

• Like 1

On 4/10/2024 at 4:50 PM, Blacksmith513 said:

I think so. For the reasons you stated.  But it’s not as challenging overall as the pro. 

The extreme is quite challenging for me - unturnable at max adjustment 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Man, if I did t already have a pissed off wife, I’d grab this one.  You know they’d sell it for a few hundred less.  Awesome quality for a serious arm wrestler and 125lbs in any direction will win most matches

IMG_7728.png

Edited by maidenfan
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, maidenfan said:

Man, if I did t already have a pissed off wife, I’d grab this one.  You know they’d sell it for a few hundred less.  Awesome quality for a serious arm wrestler and 125lbs in any direction will win most matches

IMG_7728.png

Well if she’s already pi$$ed off.. just sayin🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, maidenfan said:

The extreme is quite challenging for me - unturnable at max adjustment 

I think I got them mixed up. I have the Extreme also, or whichever one is yours.. Yes it is unturnable 

Mighty Joe, put out some videos on how he uses ( I forget which model) for AW...

22 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

I think I got them mixed up. I have the Extreme also, or whichever one is yours.. Yes it is unturnable 

Mighty Joe, put out some videos on how he uses ( I forget which model) for AW...

Thanks, I’ll look into it.  Have a good day, brother. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, maidenfan said:

Thanks, I’ll look into it.  Have a good day, brother. 

Thank you. Good luck tomorrow 

Took 3rd in amateur heavyweight.  Got blown out in master 50-59 as there were pros (Steve Walker was my first match lol).  Freaking awesome experience.  Looking forward to the next match in Maryland (May)

0E7D13F3-6FDB-447E-BE5B-9B4C50257753.jpeg

IMG_7848.jpeg

IMG_7843.jpeg

IMG_7838.jpeg

• Like 7

Not too bad,  second time out and you took third place. Looks like you had a good time .

• Like 2

13 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

Not too bad,  second time out and you took third place. Looks like you had a good time .

For sure.  Going to take it slow and soak up all the wisdom that shows up to these events.  Another one next month in Maryland.  Making some lifelong friends, as well.  

• Like 2

Super cool, good for you 

• Thanks 1

Just walking and doing yard work for a day or two.  Arm is [muscle] sore.  I’m super happy I was able to make all of my opponents that I lost to work, as it directly affects their next match.  Just happy my arm stood up

IMG_7903.jpeg

• Like 2

20 hours ago, maidenfan said:

Just walking and doing yard work for a day or two.  Arm is [muscle] sore.  I’m super happy I was able to make all of my opponents that I lost to work, as it directly affects their next match.  Just happy my arm stood up

IMG_7903.jpeg

That’s awesome! I’ve been super keen to start arm wrestling, been training risers and pronations for awhile now but no table time yet, got a club nearby I wanna go check out.

how often to get table work in?

On 4/11/2024 at 3:55 AM, maidenfan said:

Will Give some updates. 

IMG_7657.jpeg

IMG_7660.jpeg

IMG_7661.jpeg

IMG_7662.jpeg

IMG_7663.jpeg

IMG_7664.jpeg

I’ve never heard of this thing before, keen on getting your thoughts once you’ve spent some time with it, looks rad

Edited by CruxGripman
Old man typos

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, CruxGripman said:

That’s awesome! I’ve been super keen to start arm wrestling, been training risers and pronations for awhile now but no table time yet, got a club nearby I wanna go check out.

how often to get table work in?

I had three actual practices and then couldn’t go anymore due to the drive (1hr+) and family obligations, so I just bought a table and some gear and have been to two matches now.  Not the best way to do it, but it’s what I have for now.  You’ll find a lot more experience to soak in at matches 

Be aware, if you think grip makes you sore, wait until you get done with a match 😂.  Especially when you’re an old guy like me (54).  Arm wrestling hits every muscle and tendon you’ve never used before.  

Best way to do it is join a club and take it slow as to allow your arms to adjust to the sport.  Every arm wrestler that’s been in it for a while will tell you that.  

Good luck. 

Edited by maidenfan
  • Thanks 1