Morgan's Grip Log

maidenfan

20k on the bike, bar hangs, overhead band presses, Grip Genie pulls on a Godzilla band, 3” country crush wrist curls, pony clamp

AF6FC0C9-57AF-4DE2-B4E5-FB540EDD53AD.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour of: incline treadmill and alternate riser/pronation curls, 3” country crush wrist curls/holds for time (thumb work), and revolving bar hangs for time.  Pony clamp on the treadmill. 

730D6ACD-2B5B-42B2-BF83-9EFBC6B6AC08.jpeg

• Like 2

Saw Cannon’s modded pony clamp and obviously needed one.  Two bolts and four nuts is all it takes.  Allows pinky/ring finger work, too

IMG_5493.jpeg

IMG_5494.jpeg

• Like 3

1000m on the bike, alternate rear sledge levers and revolving bar hangs (dynamic and weighted +44kgs) x 20 rounds. Pony clamp on the bike. 

9F396F45-52FD-41D9-BC30-B53875015D5F.jpeg

• Like 2

BikeErg and supersetted arm wrestlers gauntlet intervals.  Good zone 2 (mainly) workout. Lots of reps on the arm work 10-30

92538B44-75F7-48D5-98F5-11E03FDAB9B8.jpeg

IMG_5537.jpeg

• Like 3

60 mins of incline treadmill, seated ez bar curls, overhead band tricep extensions, pegboard pull-ups, pony clamp

IMG_5579.png

IMG_5578.jpeg

• Like 4

That looks fun. we had something like that in my high school gym

New toy from Arm Assassin - revolving pull-up bar.  I’ll need to be under a 100kg to use this one properly, but at row height, it’s a total upper body (pulling) blaster.  2” bars so it hits the grip as well. 

IMG_5584.png

• Like 4

2 hours ago, maidenfan said:

New toy from Arm Assassin - revolving pull-up bar.  I’ll need to be under a 100kg to use this one properly, but at row height, it’s a total upper body (pulling) blaster.  2” bars so it hits the grip as well. 

IMG_5584.png

Dude that's awesome I was looking at that as well I'm kinda stoked to hear about you using it lol.

• Like 1

2 mins on the bike & revolving bar hangs for time + 50lbs x 20 rounds

866CDB22-FC1F-4BA5-9D85-D5DA173AD2C6.jpeg

• Like 3

23 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

That looks fun. we had something like that in my high school gym

Yep, same.  I bought these from a climbing company several years ago.  Insanely expensive vs just making your own.  I got a bunch of their resin pegs, as well, which go up to 3” diameter 

IMG_5599.jpeg

• Like 2

Bike, 3” country crush band rows/wrist curls, revolving bar hangs (+35) for time. 

763A40FC-FD94-4F8B-BE55-3914A468E42C.jpeg

• Like 2

BikeErg, Incline DB presses, overhead band presses, two hand plate levers, pony clamp on the bike.  The two hand plate levers really smashed the fingers, thumbs, wrists, and forearms - fantastic exercise. 

8D197ED1-C986-4EB9-B5E0-22172CB79C98.jpeg

IMG_5659.jpeg

IMG_5660.jpeg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, maidenfan said:

BikeErg, Incline DB presses, overhead band presses, two hand plate levers, pony clamp on the bike.  The two hand plate levers really smashed the fingers, thumbs, wrists, and forearms - fantastic exercise. 

8D197ED1-C986-4EB9-B5E0-22172CB79C98.jpeg

IMG_5659.jpeg

IMG_5660.jpeg

Yes plate levers are great.

how’s the arm wrestling going?

35 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Yes plate levers are great.

how’s the arm wrestling going?

Haven’t been going lately as it’s an hour drive each way.  Just decided to buy my own table (ordered) and train by myself for now.  Try to find some locals maybe. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, maidenfan said:

Haven’t been going lately as it’s an hour drive each way.  Just decided to buy my own table (ordered) and train by myself for now.  Try to find some locals maybe. 

Maybe I said this before cant remember.. Theres an app called Armbet... Basically Tinder for finding local arm wrestlers to "hook" up with... 🤣 But once I get a little table time i want to buy a table make some friends and hopefully do the same.

I downloaded it and surprised by how many are around.  Might want to give that a go. Theres also meet every Sunday at 11 not too far from me and I keep saying i'm going to go. I'm not competitive by nature but AW is the only thing i've ever watched that makes me want to try it and actually be competitive with.  

45 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Maybe I said this before cant remember.. Theres an app called Armbet... Basically Tinder for finding local arm wrestlers to "hook" up with... 🤣 But once I get a little table time i want to buy a table make some friends and hopefully do the same.

I downloaded it and surprised by how many are around.  Might want to give that a go. Theres also meet every Sunday at 11 not too far from me and I keep saying i'm going to go. I'm not competitive by nature but AW is the only thing i've ever watched that makes me want to try it and actually be competitive with.  

Already tried that.  Not many liberal DC-area arm wrestlers.  I thought all the military peeps would bite, but my neighborhood group basically laughed at me.  So f$%k them, ill train on my own.  I fall asleep to technique vids every night.  Cant wait for the table to arrive.

Edited by maidenfan
  • Like 1

Mistake.  I tried Arm Fighter.  Didnt see where I could search on Armbet.

• Like 1

Bike, 3” country crush, Saxon pinch work, riser/pronation work, pony clamp on the bike (ring/pink/thumb).  Easy, high rep work

7EC9A9EA-8376-41C3-AB8C-A98BD39FB4F8.jpeg

• Like 1

Registered for both of these now - stoked.  Don’t really care how I do, just want to compete 

IMG_5748.jpeg

IMG_5737.jpeg

• Like 4

Way too be

• Like 1

BikeErg, Napalm chins, 3” country crush wrist curls, revolving ladder (feet on the ground), Gripzilla band rows, pegboard pull-ups, bar hangs for time, pony clamp

8E95B1BF-617A-41C8-988B-530E67CE1806.jpeg

09B86549-A6E3-4A6E-B12D-E53D1E9C98B3.jpeg

• Like 3

BikeErg (DF120) and a bunch of experiments with different band setups.  2” braided rope, two-stage band setups (really liked this one - allows easy rep work or as hard as you want with just a few steps back). 

FB0B4926-FE82-42BD-8818-3FFD51B49159.jpeg

09F3B8F5-CFB8-447D-B4CF-3C547F3FB4D6.jpeg

• Like 1

BikeErg (DF120), 3” CC band rows, overhead band presses, pegboard chins, bar hangs, pony clamp.  30k on the bike - put some work in today.  Dokken Radio on Spotify makes it easy 🤙

780D49E5-7B96-4C14-864B-D81B453E054A.jpeg

IMG_5976.jpeg

IMG_5980.jpeg

• Like 2