Training Log (Zach Mullins)

ZRMMA

7 hours ago, ZRMMA said:

Yeah it gets used for archery, box squats, step ups, and all kinds of stuff. Great piece of all around equipment! Haha

yeah it is, lol.

5 minutes ago, ZRMMA said:

Compound but here in the future I’m looking at getting a recurve and doing more traditional stuff. I mostly Turkey and Deer hunt and use rifle/shotgun. But hoping to dive into the bow/archery a little more.

I've always wanted to hunt. Only time I did, i went white tail hunting with my uncles neighbor in upstate NY, it was like 5 in the morning, i was 18 and probably hungover. They where in their 60s and arguing about who was on who's land for like 10 minutes, I ended up yelling at them both and they made up. 

That was the extent of my hunting trip. Guess it beat coming back empty handed.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, ZRMMA said:

Compound but here in the future I’m looking at getting a recurve and doing more traditional stuff. I mostly Turkey and Deer hunt and use rifle/shotgun. But hoping to dive into the bow/archery a little more.

Really nice! Here in the Netherlands it is not allowed to bowhunt unfortunaly. I use my longbow for target practice. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SteinWillems1 said:

Really nice! Here in the Netherlands it is not allowed to bowhunt unfortunaly. I use my longbow for target practice. 

I don’t wanna derail Zach’s log but how come? Even where I live in Massachusetts where it’s all treehuggers you can bow hunt in most suburban city’s as long as your a certain distance from houses.

7 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

I don’t wanna derail Zach’s log but how come? Even where I live in Massachusetts where it’s all treehuggers you can bow hunt in most suburban city’s as long as your a certain distance from houses.

Good question. Honestly I don't know. The Netherlands is a very small country, that might have something to do with it.

• Like 1

I get what you are saying, try living in California 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

KILLER DEADLIFT💪

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, ZRMMA said:

Congrats to my friend Ben Helms 

Wow, that's absolutely impressive!

• Like 1

Just now, matek said:

Wow, that's absolutely impressive!

Ben is an absolute monster and only going to improve. If anyone has Instagram he posts a lot of feats and great lifts there @denbouglas 

• Like 2

Awesome dude

Way cool videos.

Very inspirational, incredible grip strength.

• Thanks 1

NICE WORK !!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

NICE WORK !!

Agreed!  Really like the incorporation of York dumbbells to mix things up.

1 hour ago, ZRMMA said:

Impressive man. Do you ever even train grippers?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Nuttgens said:

Impressive man. Do you ever even train grippers?

I have attempted grippers in training  and done them at nationals last year. I plan on trying to do them a little more and actually focus on them some. My “gripper training” in the past would just be lifting all my other grip stuff and run out of ideas or feats and since I’m warm just snag a gripper and try to close it etc. So I’ve never actually programmed or done dedicated training on them. Just  random attempts essentially. 

I’m gonna put a little more effort into the filming and technique of them and have spoken to a few good gripper guys on how to train them. They will never be my main focus but I would like to improve at them and give them some proper attention/training. 

Also I’d like to add I can’t just do this any time… this is my best close on that gripper. But it should become the norm as things progress.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, ZRMMA said:

I have attempted grippers in training  and done them at nationals last year. I plan on trying to do them a little more and actually focus on them some. My “gripper training” in the past would just be lifting all my other grip stuff and run out of ideas or feats and since I’m warm just snag a gripper and try to close it etc. So I’ve never actually programmed or done dedicated training on them. Just  random attempts essentially. 

I’m gonna put a little more effort into the filming and technique of them and have spoken to a few good gripper guys on how to train them. They will never be my main focus but I would like to improve at them and give them some proper attention/training. 

Also I’d like to add I can’t just do this any time… this is my best close on that gripper. But it should become the norm as things progress.

Nice dude that is awesome closing a 3 is no joke. You are super strong all around no wonder your #3 in North America for 93kg. Congrats dude. Stoked to see what you can do on grippers with some more training.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nuttgens said:

Nice dude that is awesome closing a 3 is no joke. You are super strong all around no wonder your #3 in North America for 93kg. Congrats dude. Stoked to see what you can do on grippers with some more training.

I can remember first joining gripboard your log and @stranger log were two of the first I saw and way stronger on grippers than me haha… I’ll try to catch up but not sure it’ll happen. 

11 minutes ago, ZRMMA said:

I can remember first joining gripboard your log and @stranger log were two of the first I saw and way stronger on grippers than me haha… I’ll try to catch up but not sure it’ll happen. 

Haha nice man I’m trying to catch up to you on pinch and fat bar. We’ll see gripper progress has been slow but it is still going up for me. 

• Like 2