Training Log (Zach Mullins)

ZRMMA

1 minute ago, Nuttgens said:

191 is nuts dude can’t be many people around that can lift that. Good job.

I may have some bigger ones on the way at some point. But we will see what happens. 191lb bell is very tough.. honestly didn't expect a full lift of it today but that's how grip is some days. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, ZRMMA said:

I may have some bigger ones on the way at some point. But we will see what happens. 191lb bell is very tough.. honestly didn't expect a full lift of it today but that's how grip is some days. 

I can't grasp how difficult the 191lb must be and you're already thinking bigger/badder bells.  hahaha

Seriously...I tried John Foelber's 172 after Maryland's Strongest Hands and that thing seemed glued to the floor.

16 minutes ago, Douglas Carney said:

I can't grasp how difficult the 191lb must be and you're already thinking bigger/badder bells.  hahaha

Seriously...I tried John Foelber's 172 after Maryland's Strongest Hands and that thing seemed glued to the floor.

Super long term, grip is life long... best bell my left has lifted is my 172 and my right just did the 191 (and that's the first full lift).. don't get me wrong I want to continue to gain strength and climb the ladder but these bells heavier than the Inch aren't just walk up anytime of day and pull them type lifts for me. 

But Yeah Doug I was super happy with the 191 lift... one of my best lifts or biggest lifts in a long time. Just gonna continue to follow my current plan and not try to chase maxs and prs like that everyday because that's physically and mentally deflating.

• Like 3

WAY COOL SUPPER GRIP

19 hours ago, ZRMMA said:

Super long term, grip is life long... best bell my left has lifted is my 172 and my right just did the 191 (and that's the first full lift).. don't get me wrong I want to continue to gain strength and climb the ladder but these bells heavier than the Inch aren't just walk up anytime of day and pull them type lifts for me. 

But Yeah Doug I was super happy with the 191 lift... one of my best lifts or biggest lifts in a long time. Just gonna continue to follow my current plan and not try to chase maxs and prs like that everyday because that's physically and mentally deflating.

Well...whatever you're doing it seems to be working.  You had an amazing 191 lift.  The grippers seem to be going in the right direction.  And my goodness...tossing a blob to @Ben Helms.  Awesome stuff these days.  Very exciting to see.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Legendary, Zac,  legendary

These were just random cert bars that came with some steel I bought. I went ahead and did the certs for fun. Filming is long due to it being a cert etc. Can always skip ahead to the 2-3 secs of bending. 

Edited by ZRMMA
  • Like 7

37 minutes ago, ZRMMA said:

These were just random cert bars that came with some steel I bought. I went ahead and did the certs for fun. Filming is long due to it being a cert etc. Can always skip ahead to the 2-3 secs of bending. 

Great stuff Zach, too easy for you. I guess you got the 9/32" rods as well, that will be more fun!

• Like 1

Just now, matek said:

Great stuff Zach, too easy for you. I guess you got the 9/32" rods as well, that will be more fun!

These just came in a beginner box that I got ... I'm gonna buy some more stuff and work my way up. But I'm really not a steel bender and don't fully know what I'm doing. Just taking some advice of others and kind of winging it. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ZRMMA said:

Nice work man. I think you are going to dominate any bar that you put in your hands. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Subscribe and check it out. Will have a lot more coming. 

Edited by ZRMMA
  • Like 7

5 hours ago, ZRMMA said:

Nice bend, Zach! I have a feeling my 1st place on the ECGB reverse list is in danger 😂
Will watch the interview with Chaz later, thanks for the Grip show!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, matek said:

Nice bend, Zach! I have a feeling my 1st place on the ECGB reverse list is in danger 😂
Will watch the interview with Chaz later, thanks for the Grip show!

Thank you for watching! I hope everyone enjoys the stuff that's coming out. Also man I'm so new to bending and all that I don't think I'm a threat to anyone haha

• Like 6

3 hours ago, ZRMMA said:

Thank you for watching! I hope everyone enjoys the stuff that's coming out. Also man I'm so new to bending and all that I don't think I'm a threat to anyone haha

Just started watching and it's awesome.  Thanks so much for doing this Zach!  Really appreciate you and your guests taking the time to sit down and talk about the sport we all enjoy.

• Like 4

On 7/28/2023 at 2:03 AM, ZRMMA said:

Subscribe and check it out. Will have a lot more coming. 

I went out of order and just watched episode 1 tonight.  Awesome stuff...

There are portions of the episode that talk about the friendly and supportive atmosphere of the grip community and I 100% agree.  Hearing Zach and Joe describe it and their respective experiences makes me all the more appreciative of the what we have here and thankful that I joined.

I've only been on the GripBaord since January (and I've seen less than 1% of you in person) but I've met so many quality people here it's simply amazing.  Just really cool to have this forum and the opportunity to be a part of grip sport.  But more importantly...it's each of you that makes the grip community so great.  Thank you...

• Like 5

IMG_6947.thumb.jpeg.dfbc04322b19782a1308d9d8c13a0882.jpeg

On all platforms. Most main episodes should be dropping on Wednesdays. Feel free to share and spread the word. 

Edited by ZRMMA
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, ZRMMA said:

IMG_6947.thumb.jpeg.dfbc04322b19782a1308d9d8c13a0882.jpeg

On all platforms. Most main episodes should be dropping on Wednesdays. Feel free to share and spread the word. 

Your podcasts are great. I will support and spread the word.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1