Getting back into grip.

mcalpine1986

1 hour ago, SteinWillems1 said:

Edited by mcalpine1986

I appreciate the kind words fellas but its not my birthday lol. It must just be a English expression i didnt realise haha "In your birthday suit" is a phrase meaning you are naked, like as in as naked as the day you were born lol. Im sorry for any confusion.

1 hour ago, SteinWillems1 said:

Happy Bday!🎉🎉 and nice workout!

1 hour ago, matek said:

Nice dips, and happy birthday bro!

47 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

Happy birthday man!

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, mcalpine1986 said:

I appreciate the kind words fellas but its not my birthday lol. It must just be a English expression i didnt realise haha "In your birthday suit" is a phrase meaning you are naked, like as in as naked as the day you were born lol. Im sorry for any confusion.

Well, none of us is native 😅

I learned something new today!😄

Edited by matek
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Hahaha I love this!

I have been told that my English is pretty damn good but I had never heard this expression before.

I guess I learnt something new today!

Edited by DevilErik
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

Hahaha I love this!

I have been told that my English is pretty damn good but I didn't know this expression haha.

I've always meant to ask you if you use a translation thing online or what, because your English is very good.

@mcalpine1986 That is just about what I weigh in my birthday suit too.🤣    

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Blacksmith513 said:

I've always meant to ask you if you use a translation thing online or what, because your English is very good.

Thanks man I really appreciate that!

No I don't I just love English and I hate Dutch lol.

I generally get along much better with English and American people for some reason.

I also tend to be better at expressing myself in English.

I often get misunderstood when trying to express myself in Dutch.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, matek said:

Well, none of us is native 😅

I learned something new today!😄

55 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

Hahaha I love this!

I have been told that my English is pretty damn good but I had never heard this expression before.

46 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

🤣 well from now on if anyone asks you what you weigh you can tell the the weight in your "Birthday suit" or fully clothed lol. 

We have some old phrases here that are commonly used i just never knew at least this one was not used throughout the english speaking world haha.

Yes @DevilErik your english is very good. Probably better than mine tbh lol.

Not on here as it would confuse people I often write in "Geordie" language to my friends what is the language or dialect of people from newcastle upon tyne where iam from what is an ancient dialect more closely related to the norwegian, swedish and closer to old english than modern english. For example we have the same words for "home" and "child" as norway and sweden although slightly different spelling. I find language facinating.

Edited by mcalpine1986
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, mcalpine1986 said:

🤣 well from now on if anyone asks you what you weigh you can tell the the weight in your "Birthday suit" or fully clothed lol. 

We have some old phrases here that are commonly used i just never knew at least this one was not used throughout the english speaking world haha.

Yes @DevilErik your english is very good. Probably better than mine tbh lol.

Not on here as it would confuse people I often write in "Geordie" language to my friends what is the language or dialect of people from newcastle upon tyne where iam from what is an ancient dialect more closely related to the norwegian, swedish and closer to old english than modern english. For example we have the same words for "home" and "child" as norway and sweden although slightly different spelling. I find language facinating.

Haha I already knew that phrase. Im from Boston and I’m probably  about as English as you are.  That’s where all my ancestors are. So I’m familiar with a lot of the phrases, just from the history here. 

, You ever hear of Fred Dibnah? If not look him up. Not a grip guy but a famous steeplejack from Bolton. I bet he had a grip on him though. 

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Haha I already knew that phrase. Im from Boston and I’m probably  about as English as you are.  That’s where all my ancestors are. So I’m familiar with a lot of the phrases, just from the history here. 

, You ever hear of Fred Dibnah? If not look him up. Not a grip guy but a famous steeplejack from Bolton. I bet he had a grip on him though. 

Haha ah well yes you will have heard it. I might just have a few beers tonight to celebrate "My birthday" anyway. Its a good enough excuse for me anyway lol.

Ive always wanted to visit boston, it has some rich history and history is an interest of mine. Id love to visit the whole new england states of USA. In the Autumn or Fall. That whole region has been an interest of mine, Its on my bucket list anyway.

Yes ive seen many of his documentarys when he was alive, he had some Brass balls on him i tell you. No health and safety bullshit with him lol. His old fashioned way of knocking down chimneys and towers was amazing to watch. He is a bit of a local legend tbh and yes i bet he had a great grip climbing all those ladders and chimneys 🤣

Edited by mcalpine1986
  • Like 1

@mcalpine1986

Im trying to plan a trip to the UK. I want to go to England because that is where my ancestors are from, but there is a blacksmith out of Ireland I’d like to take some lessons from so I’m not sure where to go.  I love Fred, he did a lot with Steam Engine stop.

Come to Boston anytime. I’ll buy the beers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

@mcalpine1986

Im trying to plan a trip to the UK. I want to go to England because that is where my ancestors are from, but there is a blacksmith out of Ireland I’d like to take some lessons from so I’m not sure where to go.  I love Fred, he did a lot with Steam Engine stop.

Come to Boston anytime. I’ll buy the beers.

Im sure you will love it, as you will know a lot of people from boston came from here, scotland and ireland. Im english but we have traced my our family tree and my ancesters came from scotland. I absolutely love scotland, i got married at Gretna green in secret over an Anvil and hammer what was cool, at an old forge. 

Then i up through the borders and drove up to Edinburgh, sterling and falkirk fof our honeymoon. The scenery is amazing and im big into castles so love to visit historic castle.

There are not as many blacksmiths here anyway but still a few i know fairly local in northumberland here but not familiar with ireland.

Thank you for the beer offer. Yes and likewise if you came here. Im sure you guys from boston can put away some drink like us lol. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Im sure you will love it, as you will know a lot of people from boston came from here, scotland and ireland. Im english but we have traced my our family tree and my ancesters came from scotland. I absolutely love scotland, i got married at Gretna green in secret over an Anvil and hammer what was cool, at an old forge. 

Then i up through the borders and drove up to Edinburgh, sterling and falkirk fof our honeymoon. The scenery is amazing and im big into castles so love to visit historic castle.

There are not as many blacksmiths here anyway but still a few i know fairly local in northumberland here but not familiar with ireland.

Thank you for the beer offer. Yes and likewise if you came here. Im sure you guys from boston can put away some drink like us lol. 

That’s the stuff I love. Castles, stonework and iron works. Yes we can put the beers down where I come from. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

That’s the stuff I love. Castles, stonework and iron works. Yes we can put the beers down where I come from. 

Awesome. We have amazing old castles here. Im sure you can 🍻

Do you like Dropkick Murphys at all? 

• Like 1

Bw 80.1kg

Sumo deadlift *just working on using perfect form as im re-learning it after many years.

60kg x 3, 3, 3, 3

100kg x 1, 1, 1

110kg x 1, 1

120kg x 1, 1

130kg x 1, 1

100kg x 3

Seated cable row

40kg x 10

60kg x 10

80kg x 10

1 arm low cable row

30kg x 10 L+R

55kg x 12 L+R

Aternate hammer curl

10kg x 10/10 L/R

15kg x 10/10 L/R

20kg x 5/6 L/R

Preacher curl

27.5kg x 10

30kg x 10

Reverse preacher curl(thumbless)

27.5kg x 10, 10

Wall Strict reverse curl(thumbless)

27.5kg x 7

Rope hammer curl(using 2 ropes)

30kg x 30+60 second hold mid point*

*crazy pump and burn after a while.

• Like 6

15 hours ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Awesome. We have amazing old castles here. Im sure you can 🍻

Do you like Dropkick Murphys at all? 

Not a fan, but I don't dislike them either. I did like them a lot when I was younger and probably if they weren't played so much when I was in middle school I would still like them.

• Like 1

Bw 80.5kg *holding water.

Ive been getting a bit of mild golfers elbow with so im just having a lighter bodybuilding week for a change of pace. 

Push day

Larsen press

60kg x 6

70kg x 6

75kg x 6

80kg x 5

Dips

Bw x 8

+10kg x 8

+20kg x 7

+15kg x 7

Incline Db press

20/20kg x 10

25/25kg x 10, 8

22.5kg x 10

1 arm rope pushdowns

10kg x 10 L+R

15kg x 10 L+R

20/15kg drop set x 5/5 R

15/10kg drop set x 8/2 L

15kg x 10 R x 7 L

Overhead tri extensions

25kg x 12

35kg x 10

40kg x 10

35kg x 10

1 arm cable laterals(using cuff attached to my wrist)

5kg x 15 L+R

10kg x 15, 15, 15 L+R

Seated incline front raises

2.5kg x 15, 15, 15, 15

• Like 4

Bw 79.8kg

Pull day

Meadows row(weight NOT including the barbell in the landmine)

10kg x 10/10 L/R

20kg x 10/10 L/R

25kg x 10/10 L/R

30kg x 10/10 L/R

50mm thick bar pullups

Bw x 8, 8, 6, 5

Face away pulldowns *narrow mag grip handle

40kg x 10

50kg x 10

60kg x 8

50kg x 10

Cable crossover rear delt flys

10kg x 15

20/10kg drop set x 8/7

5kg x 15, 12* insane rear delt burn

Meadows seated hammer curl*

*1st time trying and feel amazing.

10/10kg x 8

12.5/12.5kg x 8

15kg x 8, 8

Seated incline curl

15/15kg x 8

12.5/12.5kg x 8

10/10kg x 8

1 arm rope hammer curl

15kg x 10 L+R

20kg x 10, 8 L+R

Chuck sipes wrist curls

10kg x 10 L+R

15kg x 10 L+R

20kg x 15 L+R

25kg x 12 R x 8 L

1 arm cable wrist curl(thumbless)

20kg x 20 L+R

*notes.

Absolutely crazy lat and whole back, rear delt and skin splitting arm pump. This workout might not look much on paper but it made me feel almost nauseous as i push my self 100% every set and work at a rapid pace. 

Edited by mcalpine1986
Spelling
  • Like 5

Bw 79.6kg

Legs

Seated leg curl

21kg x 8

28kg x 8

42kg x 8

49kg x 8

Squat

60kg x 6

70kg x 6

80kg x 6

90kg x 6

100kg x 6

Nautilus glute drive machine*

*focus on hamstrings

Machine x 8

+30kg x 8

+40kg x 8, 8

Bulgarian split squat

Bw x 8 L+R

+10kg x 8 L+R

+20kg x 8, 8 L+R

1 legged leg extension

14kg x 10 L+R

28kg x 8 L+R

21kg x 10, 10 L+R

1 leg seated calve raise

10kg x 10 L+R

20kg x 10 L+R

40kg x 10, 20 L+R

1 legged toe press

40kg x 10 L+R

20kg x 12, 10, 10 L+R

• Like 5

Bw 79.5kg.

Push pump day.

Dips

Bw x 5, 32, 13

Incline DB crush press

20/20kg x 8, 8, 6

Cable crossover press

20/20kg x 15, 15, 12

1 arm rope pushdown

5kg x 15 L+R

10kg x 15, 15 L x 15 R

15kg x 15 R

1 arm overhead rope extension

10 x 15, 15, 15 L+R

1 arm cable kickback

5kg x 15, 15. 12 R 10 R

1 arm cable lateral raises(using cuff attached to wrist

10kg x 25, 25, 25, 25

Bumper plate raises

5kg x 25

10kg x 12

5kg x 25, 25

Selfiewanker, Crazy shoulder pump!

Brachioradialis popping here as well 💪

20220526_073508.jpg

Edited by mcalpine1986
  • Like 5

Bw 80.5kg. 

Pull pump day

1 Arm barbell row*weight not including the barbell

10kg x 8 L+R

20kg x 8 L+R

30kg x 8 L+R

40kg x 7 L x 9 R

Stretcher pulldowns

30kg x 10

50kg x 10

45kg x 10, 10

1 arm low cable row

30kg x 10 L+R

50kg x 10, 10, 10 L+R

Rear delt incline row

10/10kg x 15

12.5/12.5kg x 15

15/15kg x 15, 15 

John meadows Seated hammer curls*

*my new fave bicep/brachioradilais exercise. Try them 

12.5/12.5kg x 8 

17.5kg x 8

15kg x 8

50mm axle curl

40kg x 5

36kg x 10

Seated Incline curls

15kg x 10, 10, 8

Rope hammer curl*using 2 ropes

30kg x 15, 15

35kg x 15+10 sec hold mid point

1 arm cable wrist curl

20kg x 20 L+R

25kg x 20 L+R straight onto >

50mm thick bar hang

Bw x 20 seconds. 

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little update. 

Ive just had a week off on holiday and now im back to training ill no longer be recording my workouts on here. I have started a bodybuilding training phase for a change of pace and get back in shape. I feel its not the place for it being the gripboard. 

Since ive been back at a gym ive done less and less grip and gravitated towards more regular training and although i always will still train my grip itll be on a small scale and not worth recording.

I just love all kinds of training and have always went through different trainibg focuses over the years. Ive done a solid 2.5 year of grip and have enjoyed every minute of it and no dount i will get seriously back into one day but im enjoying the more well rounded training atm and ill stick with this for the time being.

Edited by mcalpine1986
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Just a little update. 

Ive just had a week off on holiday and now im back to training ill no longer be recording my workouts on here. I have started a bodybuilding training phase for a change of pace and get back in shape. I feel its not the place for it being the gripboard. 

Since ive been back at a gym ive done less and less grip and gravitated towards more regular training and although i always will still train my grip itll be on a small scale and not worth recording.

I just love all kinds of training and have always went through different trainibg focuses over the years. Ive done a solid 2.5 year of grip and have enjoyed every minute of it and no dount i will get seriously back into one day but im enjoying the more well rounded training atm and ill stick with this for the time being.

Its good to mix it up and probably healthier for the body. Its not like bodybuilding doesn't work the grip... Its just not grip focused... You probably won't loose what you've gained. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Its good to mix it up and probably healthier for the body. Its not like bodybuilding doesn't work the grip... Its just not grip focused... You probably won't loose what you've gained. 

Oh yes. I need to give my joints a break i think. For 2 years ive had a left wrist pain injury after doing some thick bar cleans, certain grip moves bother it yet normal training does not. Its getting better but hopefully itll clear up all together 

Ill still be doing things like, 50mm thick bar weighted pullups and chinups, wrist rolling, wrist curls as well as deadlifting variations and grippers for higher reps. Im fairly strong on back moves like rows and things like that work the grip. 

Im going to gain some muscle and lose some fat. Even when grip was my main focus ive always had the goal of bigger forearms and now im training for size they will grow. Ill still be checking in here as well to see others progress as i still love grip and seeing grip feats its just not my focus for now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Oh yes. I need to give my joints a break i think. For 2 years ive had a left wrist pain injury after doing some thick bar cleans, certain grip moves bother it yet normal training does not. Its getting better but hopefully itll clear up all together 

Ill still be doing things like, 50mm thick bar weighted pullups and chinups, wrist rolling, wrist curls as well as deadlifting variations and grippers for higher reps. Im fairly strong on back moves like rows and things like that work the grip. 

Im going to gain some muscle and lose some fat. Even when grip was my main focus ive always had the goal of bigger forearms and now im training for size they will grow. Ill still be checking in here as well to see others progress as i still love grip and seeing grip feats its just not my focus for now.

Good luck... Deep down, everyone who trains.. their goal is gain muscle and loose fat. I'm sure your wrist will get better. I stretch them every morning on my hands and knees in various positions...  It does help.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Just a little update. 

Good luck man!

Get those GAINZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!