Getting back into grip.

mcalpine1986

Still sore and not fully recovered so just a lighter fun day right hand only.

Grippers all Mms

Coc T x 3

Coc 1 x 1

Coc 2 x 1, 1, 1

Thumbless closes *

Coc 1.5 x 1

Coc 2 down to 3mm

Coc 2 down to maybe 1mm. See video. So close.

Coc 1.5 x 7 

* for an instagram thumbless gripper close challenge. Its much harder with no thumb Assist.

Edited by mcalpine1986
  • Like 7

* ive been lifting heavy and going all out since my xmas break so im starting a deload week as im feeling a bit of neural fatigue. So no heavy CNS intensive lifts, just lighter pump work. I always do this when i feel i need it and always feel better for it after and progress faster. 

Left only.

Thick bar hammer curls

60mm 5kg x 10

50mm 12.5kg x 5

70mm steel bar

15kg x 6, 8, 8, 3

*crazy brachioradialis pump 😍

Suitcase style axle wrist curls thumbless

20kg x 10

25kg x 12, 13, 13, 6*

*Crazy flexor pump.

Sledgehammer finger walks by side

12lbs x 1 then next set half way.

IM Extensor bands thumbless

Red x 60, 40

Selfie wanker 🤣

20220211_093550.jpg

Edited by mcalpine1986
  • Like 4

I bought a pair of rare Vintage 20KG Golds gym dumbbells with 45mm thick handles in near mint condtion for the age. 

Ive just tried them out 

Overhead presses

20kg each side x 10, 10, 10

Alternate olde time presses

20kg sach side x 8

20220212_083058.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, mcalpine1986 said:

I bought a pair of rare Vintage 20KG Golds gym dumbbells with 45mm thick handles in near mint condtion for the age. 

Ive just tried them out 

Overhead presses

20kg each side x 10, 10, 10

Alternate olde time presses

20kg sach side x 8

20220212_083058.jpg

That was funny as hell hahaha

Awesome dumbbells!

Edited by DevilErik
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

That was funny as hell hahaha

Awesome dumbbells!

Thanks. You have got to have a laugh and since ive bought these couldnt help myself 🤣

They really are awesome dumbbells though. These are rare and hard to find, they feel great and a perfect weight for higher rep arm and shoulder work.

• Like 1

Just now, mcalpine1986 said:

Thanks. You have got to have a laugh and since ive bought these couldnt help myself 🤣

They really are awesome dumbbells though. These are rare and hard to find, they feel great and a perfect weight for higher rep arm and shoulder work.

Haha.

I had never seen them before.

I agree 20 kg is a great weight for those things.

• Like 1

Pinch

IM blockbuster

10kg x 5 L+R

15kg x 3 L+R

20kg x 2 L+R

25kg x 1 L+R

Globe Dumbbell pinch lift. Slick 130mm/5 1/8" wide globes

(Similair to blob lifting, i lifted a 40lb and 42lbs first time blob before but this is more difficult)

Half an hour play about with hand to test hand positions.

About 10 attempts each side

5 full lifts with left and 5 off floor right.

*id say that is a little bit more difficult that lifting a 42lb blob. 

2 hand deadlifts finisher

20kg x 4

Edited by mcalpine1986
  • Like 5

Light Grippers

All 45mm block set speed triples, as explosive as possible with an Audible click each close.

Coc S x 3 L+R

Coc T x 3, 3 L+R

Coc 1 x 3, 3 R

Left turn 1 - 7 sets of 3 L

Coc 1.5 x 3, 3 R

Coc 1 x 3, 3, 3 R

Alternate curls

2x5kg x 20

12.5kg x 16 50mm thick bar

20kg 45mm globe bells x 20

Alternate hammer curls

20kg 45mm thick x 18, 14

Im Extensor bands thumbless

Red x 70, 50 L+R

• Like 4

Ive just measured my hand palm thickness as ive seen a few on IG do the same. Im getting 10, 1/8" on my myotape and 10, 1/4" on my cloth tape. 

A year or so ago they only measured 9" so ive gained an inch or so of thickness what is pretty cool. Ive always had wide long palms but with not much thickness but in my 2nd year of grip i noticed a lot of palm growth and even thicker fingers.

My bodyweight is the same  at 80-81kg so its not off weight gain. Its mostly from bigger hypothenar or pinkie pad and the meat between my index and thumb on top of the hand. Ive noticed gloves are much tighter now as well. Pretty cool and all thanks to grip.

20220217_063557.jpg

20220216_102514.jpg

• Like 2

Clean and press

20kg each side x 3, 3

Double Plate pinch - 70mm wide

2x10kg x 3 , 3

Double Plate pinch clean and press

2x10kg x 1, 1, 2  - rep P.R at 2 reps, just missed the 3rd clean. 

Dumbbell Flip catch and press*

20kg x 5 L+R

Double Db flip catch and press*

20kg x 3, 3 

*a flick of the wrist to flip them, catch in the air and blast them overhead.

Alternate hammer curls

2x20kg x 22, 18, 11, 14

Sledgehammer Finger walks by side

12lbs x 1, 1 L+R

IM Extensor bands thumbless

Red x 200 reps total each side

• Like 4

Grippers all set to about 25-30mm

Coc T x 3

Coc 1 x 2, 1 R

Left turn 1 x 2, 1 L

Coc 2 RGC 102lbs x 1 R

Left turn 2 RGC 105lbs x 1 L

Coc 2.5 RGC 126lbs 3 attempts down to about 4mm. Closest ive been.

GHP 5 RGC 113lbs x 1 R

Coc 2 x 1, 5 R

GOG Elite 5 RGC 116lbs - First time LEFT hand attempts down to about 1-2mm. So Close.

Edited by mcalpine1986
  • Like 3

*normally the day after i train grippers my hands and forearms feel sore and weak, achy. But not today they feel strong and recovered. I have no idea why but im training crush again.

Pushups

Bw 4 sets of 25

Ivanko super gripper(not touched this in maybe 15 years)

Im listing my poundage in RGC as per CPWs chart instead of writing positions. Also just Right hand as a some left were not full closes.

70lbs x 3

80lbs x 3

90lbs x 2

100lbs x 1

110lbs x 1

105lbs x 3

100lbs x 2

95lbs x 6

Negative hold

125lbs x 5 second

130lbs x 6 second

Alternate Hammer curls

2x5kg x 30

2x20kg 45mm thick handle

X 24, 22, 18

Standing DB wrist curls

2x20kg x 30 45mm handle

Red x 225 reps total L+R

20220222_070719.jpg

20220221_165423.jpg

Edited by mcalpine1986
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, mcalpine1986 said:

*normally the day after i train grippers my hands and forearms feel sore and weak, achy. But not today they feel strong and recovered. I have no idea why but im training crush again.

Pushups

Bw 4 sets of 25

Ivanko super gripper(not touched this in maybe 15 years)

Im listing my poundage in RGC as per CPWs chart instead on writing positions. Also just Right hand as a some left were not full closes.

70lbs x 3

80lbs x 3

90lbs x 2

100lbs x 1

110lbs x 1

105lbs x 3

100lbs x 2

95lbs x 6

Negative hold

125lbs x 5 second

130lbs x 6 second

Alternate Hammer curls

2x5kg x 30

2x20kg 45mm thick handle

X 24, 22, 18

Standing DB wrist curls

2x20kg x 30 45mm handle

Red x 225 reps total L+R

20220222_070719.jpg

20220221_165423.jpg

Great job dude!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DevilErik said:

Great job dude!

Thanks man. Talking with You inspired me to use mine so thank you. It was a nice change of pace to normal grippers, much easier on the skin as well.

Ive never tried any kind of negative or closed hold before on normal grippers as i dont believe they are that safe and can cause skin rips and i have heard of people tearing tendons although that could be off people going too heavy. With this i believe it is much safer though as the handles are smooth. 

I think using these negatives and holds will help me with closing my coc 2.5 126lbs RGC for sure. Ill keep at it with these in the 130lbs range, nothing too heavy and it shpuld build nice strength in the final close range.

• Like 1

Just now, mcalpine1986 said:

Thanks man. Talking with You inspired me to use mine so thank you. It was a nice change of pace to normal grippers, much easier on the skin as well.

Ive never tried any kind of negative or closed hold before on normal grippers as i dont believe they are that safe and can cause skin rips and i have heard of people tearing tendons although that could be off people going too heavy. With this i believe it is much safer though as the handles are smooth. 

I think using these negatives and holds will help me with closing my coc 2.5 126lbs RGC for sure. Ill keep at it with these in the 130lbs range, nothing too heavy and it shpuld build nice strength in the final close range.

You're welcome man!

The smoothness is great I still get skin tears from it though for some weird reason.

The only gripper that doesn't give me skin tears is the Vulcan V2.

Negatives are pretty scary but I agree that they're much safer with the Ivanko.

People usually go too heavy with negatives if I were to do negatives I would use a setting that I could nearly close.

I am sure you will get it soon man good luck!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

You're welcome man!

The smoothness is great I still get skin tears from it though for some weird reason.

The only gripper that doesn't give me skin tears is the Vulcan V2.

Negatives are pretty scary but I agree that they're much safer with the Ivanko.

People usually go too heavy with negatives if I were to do negatives I would use a setting that I could nearly close.

I am sure you will get it soon man good luck!

That is strange as it is very smooth but we all have different skin.

I will close my 2.5 its just a matter of time, ill be one happy man when i do lol. Then the long road to the coc 3.

Thanks for the kind words 

• Like 2

Axle deadlift

50kg x 5, 5

1 hand 50mm Axle deadlift(1st time)

50kg x 1 L+R

60kg x 1 L+R

65kg x 0*

62.5kg x 0, 0, 0, 0, 0*

*locked out out full lift but i just could not keep the bar balanced. It just tips to 1 side so no lift.

Alternate Hammer curls

5kg x 20

20kg 45mm handle x 26, 20, 16

Standing db Wrist curls 45mm handle

20kg x 35 L+R

• Like 2

I Had an awesome session last night at Grip Club Ran by one of the worlds strongest gripsters Sam solomi
I Didnt get much on film but we started with grippers where i closed the

Gods of Grip Elite 5 for 2 sets of 3 and just missed the 4th rep by 1mm 2nd set. 
I then i had a crack at a CoC 3 and got it a nice bit below parallel what ive never done before. Then finished with a overcrush hold about 15 seconds with the Elite 5.

Previously ive only done 1 rep with it. Big rep P.R
We Moved on to pinch next, some assisted 2x20kg pinch then onto some 50 Blob attempts and i actually got a smidge of air!

A huge strongman who was there who has done zero direct grip work before lifted 2x20kg like it was nothing first time and also lifting the blob for many reps and even lifting it the "hard" way. Amazing for a beginner! 

Then we moved onto to the Gods of Grip 64mm rolling handle what is a lovely but pretty brutal rolling handle, it has one hell of a spin on it and My hands were pretty fried by then, especially right. I think i would of got 65kg fresh. 

Big sam did some crazy feats, closed a GOG elite 7(on par with a coc 3.5) for 5 reps! Concentration curled the 50 Blob. repping it out, lifting it the "hard" way and did some combos including the blob and 2x20kg, the blob and hubbing a 20kg plate. Amazing to witness world class feats in front on your own eyes. 

• Like 4

Bw 83kg. *forearms crazy sore still from Grip club on sunday.

Ive just joined an awesome local gym after training in my garage since covid hit 2 years ago so i can now et back to squats and deads and more general lifting.

Squats(1st time since march 2020)

60kg x 5

70kg x 4

80kg x 3

90kg x 2

100kg x 1

110kg x 1

120kg x 1

*ive lost a lot of quad strength from not squatting or doing legs for 2 years but it will come back. 120kg isnt too bad starting point. I had a bit more in me today but left it at 120kg.

Edited by mcalpine1986
  • Like 6

Man grip club looks like a blast. I have to do more research on Sam because he sounds like the real deal. I saw the chat you had with Pancho and he is making crazy gains with his coaching 💪

Very impressive squat for not doing it for so long! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bigfoot Grip said:

Man grip club looks like a blast. I have to do more research on Sam because he sounds like the real deal. I saw the chat you had with Pancho and he is making crazy gains with his coaching 💪

Very impressive squat for not doing it for so long! 

Grip club is awesome. Look up sam, he has been into grip half his life. There is plenty of old threads on him on here actually. He was the 2nd teenager to cert the coc 3 after jesse marunde when he was 17.  The first Uk 1000kg raw powerlifter total and he has many grip records. 

Last year he equalled brian shaw incline pressing 2 inch dumbbells for 5 reps unassited. Looked easier for sam and shaw is 1 foot taller and 100lbs heavier with longer hands. Sam is working on pinching 3x20kg plates. Its never been done but he is getting there. He is one of the worlds best by far. Plays with inches, blobs, 2x20kg etc.

Thanks not too bad after 2 years none and very little leg work. My quads are sore AF today, extreme doms lol

Yeah panchos grip has taken off since sam started coaching him. 

• Like 3

*right forearm still crazy sore lol so left only today.

80mm Gods of grip pinch block*

*1st time trying, very wide for me. Really a stretch on the thumb.

Pin and block weigh 3kg

13kg x 3, 3

18kg x 2

20kg x 2

23kg x 1

25kg x 1

26kg x 1

27.5kg x 1

28kg x 1

28.5kg x 0, 1

29kg x 0, 0 but some air

25kg x 10 second hold

• Like 3

13 hours ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Grip club is awesome. Look up sam, he has been into grip half his life. There is plenty of old threads on him on here actually. He was the 2nd teenager to cert the coc 3 after jesse marunde when he was 17.  The first Uk 1000kg raw powerlifter total and he has many grip records. 

Last year he equalled brian shaw incline pressing 2 inch dumbbells for 5 reps unassited. Looked easier for sam and shaw is 1 foot taller and 100lbs heavier with longer hands. Sam is working on pinching 3x20kg plates. Its never been done but he is getting there. He is one of the worlds best by far. Plays with inches, blobs, 2x20kg etc.

Thanks not too bad after 2 years none and very little leg work. My quads are sore AF today, extreme doms lol

Yeah panchos grip has taken off since sam started coaching him. 

Ah I do remeber that incline inch video. Sam sounds like a legend, jesus 1000kg raw total wtf haha! I will look into his accomplishments, I'm embarrassed I don't know more lol. He could be one of the greatest cross over strength athletes of all time!

3x20kg plate pinch would be one of the most impressive grip feats in history. I still watch videos of Chad Woodall's plate pinch feats and it almost redefies what is humanly possible 😁

The doms must be brutal I can believe it lol. That's one reason why I like loading pins, you don't have to bend down as far when your feeling destroyed lol. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bigfoot Grip said:

Ah I do remeber that incline inch video. Sam sounds like a legend, jesus 1000kg raw total wtf haha! I will look into his accomplishments, I'm embarrassed I don't know more lol. He could be one of the greatest cross over strength athletes of all time!

3x20kg plate pinch would be one of the most impressive grip feats in history. I still watch videos of Chad Woodall's plate pinch feats and it almost redefies what is humanly possible 😁

The doms must be brutal I can believe it lol. That's one reason why I like loading pins, you don't have to bend down as far when your feeling destroyed lol. 

Sam is one of the worlds strongest men no doubt and he would be top 5 id say in grip. No many men can equal brian shaw on all things grip.

His hands are crazy thick and also 8.5" long what is huge for 5ft 8ish.

Chad woodall was amazing. Sam is right up there. 

• Like 2

*right tendons still sore

Incline Dumbbell press(first time in 2 years)

*Weight each side

10kg  x 6

20kg x 6

25kg x 6

30kg x 6

35kg x 6

32.5kg x 6

Grippers (right only)

Coc T x 3

Coc 1 x 2

Cox 1.5 x 1

Coc 2 x 1