Powerlifting Log

EricMilfeld

I would imagine you're still dealing with the "ghost of workouts past" haha!

I would imagine you're still dealing with the "ghost of workouts past" haha!

Haha, indeed I am.

Squat

396x6

320x2x6 (no sleeves or belt, and extra deep)

Bench

258x5

217x11

Every workout my shoulder hurts in a different area. But after warming up it felt decent, but a little something could be felt near lockout. )

Curls

111x12

Then immediately after 45x12.

• Like 2

Deadlift

519x5

Stiff Legged Deadlift

335x8 (no belt)

Shrugs

507x12

Rows

287x2x5

Body weight 217

Nice reps! That's a helluva set.

Thanks! A rep more than last time with the weight, so I'll tale small steady improvement any day.

Thanks! A rep more than last time with the weight, so I'll tale small steady improvement any day.

One more rep at that percentage of your max is huge.

• Like 1

Eric, how much does your belt help with your squats? im asking because my squat is the same with a belt or not so I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong. Thanks, nice lifting latly too and your bodyweight is coming up pretty good too, I think we'll be the same weight in a week or two

Deadlift

519x5

Stiff Legged Deadlift

335x8 (no belt)

Shrugs

507x12

Rows

287x2x5

Body weight 217

You must be recovered from that 20 rep set!!! Nice work man, also I like the way you lay out your deadlift training. Big lifts, big assistance lifts :sorcerer:

One more rep at that percentage of your max is huge.

Lookin' at it like that I feel a little better.

Eric, how much does your belt help with your squats? im asking because my squat is the same with a belt or not so I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong. Thanks, nice lifting latly too and your bodyweight is coming up pretty good too, I think we'll be the same weight in a week or two

Belts have always improved both my squats and deadlift by 30 pounds. I wonder if your lack of improvement with a belt could be the result of your technique. Are you an upright sqautter, as opposed to my goodmorning style?

Deadlift

519x5

Stiff Legged Deadlift

335x8 (no belt)

Shrugs

507x12

Rows

287x2x5

Body weight 217

You must be recovered from that 20 rep set!!! Nice work man, also I like the way you lay out your deadlift training. Big lifts, big assistance lifts :sorcerer:

Yes, I felt slightly sluggish, but pretty much recovered. It's fun to go heavy on assistance stuff!

Eric, I'm not real sure, I've never really gotten technical with squats as I don't plan to compete in powerlifting, just want my legs stronger. Next squat workout I'll do a video from the side and maybe you could give me some form critique? I'd really appreciate it. I squat again Sunday.

• Like 1

Eric, I'm not real sure, I've never really gotten technical with squats as I don't plan to compete in powerlifting, just want my legs stronger. Next squat workout I'll do a video from the side and maybe you could give me some form critique? I'd really appreciate it. I squat again Sunday.

Cool. I look forward to checking it out.

Squat

412x5

351x5 (no belt)

351x6 (no belt)

Bench

263x5 (back to where I was pre-injury, and I'm using a much less favorable grip for leverage-so I'm pleased)

237x8

Overhead Press

136x8

45 Plate Hammer Curls

X20 per hand

• Like 2

How hot is it in my garage gym? During my workout I ate a Cliff Bar, drank 8 oz coffee, 12 oz protein powder, and 8 oz water, and I still lost 1.5 pounds.

• Like 3

How hot is it in my garage gym? During my workout I ate a Cliff Bar, drank 8 oz coffee, 12 oz protein powder, and 8 oz water, and I still lost 1.5 pounds.

It's brutal.. Just have a small box fan goin in mine. Been getting over 100 last few weeks. Gotta love the great state of Texas!

It's brutal.. Just have a small box fan goin in mine. Been getting over 100 last few weeks. Gotta love the great state of Texas!
I'll break out my box fan on occasion. It doesn't do much. It could be worse for us. I saw a news story yesterday about the heat index topping 160 degrees (163 I think) in Iran! Didn't know that was even possible. The temp was only 115.

I'll break out my box fan on occasion. It doesn't do much. It could be worse for us. I saw a news story yesterday about the heat index topping 160 degrees (163 I think) in Iran! Didn't know that was even possible. The temp was only 115.

Whole lotta nope there

• Like 1

Whole lotta nope there

That got a good chuckle.

I'll break out my box fan on occasion. It doesn't do much. It could be worse for us. I saw a news story yesterday about the heat index topping 160 degrees (163 I think) in Iran! Didn't know that was even possible. The temp was only 115

Lol. Hit's 90 in PA and I just about need a wheelchair.

I'll break out my box fan on occasion. It doesn't do much. It could be worse for us. I saw a news story yesterday about the heat index topping 160 degrees (163 I think) in Iran! Didn't know that was even possible. The temp was only 115

Lol. Hit's 90 in PA and I just about need a wheelchair.

90 and muggy isn't exactly pleasant. The proverbial dry heat suits me fine. I think I'd rather have 115 and dry than 80 and tropical. But my favorite workout temp is about 50.

Cant wait to get moved to GA. 100 suits me fine...beard and all. F this snow stuff!!!!

Yeah Middle East heat is a whole new level. Feels like the sun is 10 feet over your head and the wind feels like jet exhaust. We used to lift in a tent - I definitely forgot what that's like!

I just had a guy come in the emergency room from India, he was wearing a long sleeve shirt a sweater a wool coat at also cap and a scarf and he said he was freezing he said he just got off the plane and it was a hundred and twenty in India so his family had him bundled up so he wouldn't be cold

Edited by rico300zx

Yeah Middle East heat is a whole new level. Feels like the sun is 10 feet over your head and the wind feels like jet exhaust. We used to lift in a tent - I definitely forgot what that's like!

I've experienced similar visiting my aunt in Bullhead City, Arizona. On a windy summer day its like sucking on a blow dryer.

I just had a guy come in the emergency room from India, he was wearing a long sleeve shirt a sweater a wool coat at also cap and a scarf and he said he was freezing he said he just got off the plane and it was a hundred and twenty in India so his family had him bundled up so he wouldn't be cold

Lol. So was he in the emergency room for hypothermia?

Cant wait to get moved to GA. 100 suits me fine...beard and all. F this snow stuff!!!!

Georgia's a nice place. But I still like snow... minus the driving in it part.

No he couldn't pee, I had to put a catheter in his penis and leave it there so he could go to urology the next day!