Powerlifting Log

EricMilfeld

I have been out of the loop for too long. I didn't even know this thread existed.

Eric is the king of the "silent psyche." I don't know what's going on in his mind before a lift, but his calm demeanor makes it seem like he could roll out of bed and hit a PR. That said, Eric can become something of a mad man AFTER a big lift. Case in point--his 200lb pinch at 74kg. I was terrified for a moment, but then I figured that since 600lb only fears Eric when he's calm, maybe he's safest when he's fired up.

I find it easier to get psyched when I'm alone. I don't have to worry about how much time I spend, who is watching, who is listening, etc., all I have to worry about is the task at hand. I prefer it that way.

• Like 1

As for external variables, caffeine, tork, anger, focus, etc. seem to play a role. I'm horrible on film

Valantin Dikul 460kg deadlift (1999): https://youtu.be/LrJ6tWyafDA

ive never done any loud psyching, I try to get in tune with what im going to lift and just do it

I look up to guys like Dikul for this motivation.

I get the most out of a happy psyche bebopping and bouncing around. Anger doesn't help me lift.

• Like 3

Will have to reply to all the comments later.

Squat

341x8

362x5

341x4 (beltless)

Bench

237x9

258x5

217x11

Sit Up

35x12

Curl

121x8

Body weight 209

• Like 1

LOL sry this is all my fault Edited by rico300zx

LOL sry this is all my fault

Trouble maker.

I get the most out of a happy psyche bebopping and bouncing around. Anger doesn't help me lift.

Happy positive thoughts work for me, too. On a few rare occasions when I became so frustrated with my poor performance that I got angry I was able to use it my advantage. This was a spontaneous, unintentional thing. But working up an intentional anger would normally be just fruitless energy expenditure.

Valantin Dikul 460kg deadlift (1999): https://youtu.be/LrJ6tWyafDA

ive never done any loud psyching, I try to get in tune with what im going to lift and just do it

I look up to guys like Dikul for this motivation.

He has some very impressive circus performance videos. But believing that he actually deadlifted 460k requires more suspension of common sense than I'm willing to indulge in. It's a shame, cuz he's probably quite strong. Unfortunately, most strongman performers refuse to demonstrate their strength in any truly quantifiable way.

I have been out of the loop for too long. I didn't even know this thread existed.

Eric is the king of the "silent psyche." I don't know what's going on in his mind before a lift, but his calm demeanor makes it seem like he could roll out of bed and hit a PR. That said, Eric can become something of a mad man AFTER a big lift. Case in point--his 200lb pinch at 74kg. I was terrified for a moment, but then I figured that since 600lb only fears Eric when he's calm, maybe he's safest when he's fired up.

I find it easier to get psyched when I'm alone. I don't have to worry about how much time I spend, who is watching, who is listening, etc., all I have to worry about is the task at hand. I prefer it that way.

Lol! Thanks, Michael. My emotions really did burst after that pinch (relative to my usual stoic nature, anyways). All the months of torturous preparation and weight loss and the corresponding worry, doubt, and obsession I put myself through finally vented in a happy/angry celebration.

• Like 1

Military Press

Going forward I will be performing these with lengthy pauses in the bottom position to kill any stretch reflex.

167x1

157x3

146x5

Body weight 211

I think I get more fatigued with speedy reps using a bit of stretch reflex than with a pause/mini rest. That little bit gives me a lot of recovery during a set that more than off-sets any detriment that I get from a full stop.

I think I get more fatigued with speedy reps using a bit of stretch reflex than with a pause/mini rest. That little bit gives me a lot of recovery during a set that more than off-sets any detriment that I get from a full stop.

Interesting, and very surprising.

I'm so much at the other end that if a can single a weight I can also double it with a stretch reflex. With fast reps I'll catch a breather in the top position if I need to.

Deadlift

447x7

473x5

Shrug

457x15

Row

245x6x2

Body weight 211

• Like 1

Nice reppin'!

Thanks!

I seem to have recovered quickly this time from my meet. But I'm eating a lot more. In five months I will probably weigh 225ish and be a lot stronger.

• Like 1

Squat

385x5

303x8 (belt less)

Bench

263x5

248x8

Sit Up

25x20

Curl

121x8

Body weight 213

• Like 1

Military Press

153x5

138x10 (touch n go)

Body weight 211

Military Press

153x5

138x10 (touch n go)

Body weight 211

Nice pressing! Getting back to the standing presses myself they're sure thrashing my lats. Find that and how they hit my quads for stabilizing the biggest differences from doing them seated.

Thank you! They're definitely my most least awesomely strong lift, but I enjoy them. And they are one of the very few assistance movements that seem to boost a core lift.

Deadlift

502x4

356x12 (beltless)

Shrug

457x15

Row

245x7x2

Body weight 214

Wide Stance Barefoot Squats

277x10

292x8

313x6