Powerlifting Log

EricMilfeld

Those were some strong pulls!

Thanks, Carl!

Olympic Squats

258x5x3

269x5

Then I experimented with glute bridges for the first time.

Sit Up

25x20

• Like 1

Nice dead lift workout. Try doing repetition singles where you do a rep then stand up and come back down for the next reps and stand between each rep. It will give your back a break between reps but are very hard. Also try doing deads without any shoes, brings you closer to the ground and will give you more weight. As you pull more weight you will need to try to keep your mid back tighter and squeeze the begining of the lift off. I take a full breathe at the top while I am not bent over and then go down for my pull, it helps try it.The more air the better the lift.

Nice dead lift workout. Try doing repetition singles where you do a rep then stand up and come back down for the next reps and stand between each rep. It will give your back a break between reps but are very hard. Also try doing deads without any shoes, brings you closer to the ground and will give you more weight. As you pull more weight you will need to try to keep your mid back tighter and squeeze the begining of the lift off. I take a full breathe at the top while I am not bent over and then go down for my pull, it helps try it.The more air the better the lift.

I often lift barefoot, but with the mats I use the shoes make it a wash, anyways. I've tried the "standing up" thing before. It's a nice change of pace. Even though I, too, take a big breath, it must be somewhat of a personal preference thing. I read Bob Peoples would actually practice the opposite. So, of course, I had to try it. Tried it once. Lol.

Neck Curl

70x25

Military Press

186x1

This is an all time personal best! Ten years ago I trained presses for a while and hit 180. Feels really good to see progress with any type of pressing at age 47, knowing my bench will probably never near its former glory of my mid 20s when I tore my left pec.

136x8x2

• Like 5

Thanks a bunch, guys!

Matt, overheads are definitely going to be my mainstay til my pec feels better. I like overhead stuff. Very primal. Like deadlifts.

Axle Sumo Deadlift

373x5x3

The last several times I've done sumos it's caused medial knee pain during the lift. I'm dropping these.

Axle Snatch Grip Deadlift (belt less)

373x6

Axle Shrug

373x30

Chin Up

X10

X12

Pull Up

X10

Weighted chins are how I injured my pec most recently, and these were still hurting, so I didn't push too hard.

Body Weight 217

• Like 3

Bench

227x10

217x13

Pec feeling better.

Military Press

147x8

Hammer Curl

73x2x10

Well, I've decided to list my sets and reps in the proper order. Sets first then reps.

Body weight 215

• Like 2

Squat

380x2x5

380x6

Olympic Squat

287x5

Calf

25x15

Sit Up

10x35

• Like 1

About 95 and Amazon Rain Forest-muggy out in my garage today. Par for the course all summer long in Texas. When the cooler weather hits my training always gets a little boost.

Deadlifts

426x2x8 (beltless)

Snatch Grip Deads

395x5 (beltless)

Shrugs

426x20

Rows

250x2x8

Meant to do presses yesterday and forgot after spending the afternoon at the 35th Annual Veterans Wheelchair Games in Dallas. I got to help with the weighing-in and the bench press rack height-measuring for the athletes. This was a humbling experience. I left unable to remember my petty "problems". It's definitely one of those experiences that rewards the volunteer worker more than it does the participants. Seeing a 20 year old kid in a wheelchair is the definition of Perspective.

Body weight 215

• Like 3

Very cool that your helping out with that Eric. Sometimes experiences like that can show us how good we really have it.

• Like 1

Very cool that your helping out with that Eric. Sometimes experiences like that can show us how good we really have it.

So true. This was the first time I've helped out with something like this. All the guys seemed to share a good sense of humor about life.

Bench

248x7

Pec still feels decent, but a niggle I felt warming up last week is now a little more pronounced. Bench was a little uncomfortable, overhead felt fine, but raising a ten pound plate out to the side or front hurt my left shoulder considerably. No idea how this happened.

Overhead Press

160x5 (PR)

136x8

Curl Bar

106x16

Body weight 217

Overhead Press

160x5 (PR)

Saweet!

Thanks, Morgan and Jason!

Squat

367x8

303x11 (belt less)

Sit Up

25x22

Body weight 216

• Like 1

I've only toyed with it (no belt) in the past, but now I'm really appreciating it as a way to get in some more volume while switching mental gears, and thus making it less of a psychological chore. Doing 3 sets of eight is still not the most appealing approach to me. I've tried to build up to higher volume, but heavier, more intense training is still more appealing. But I have compromised considerably. At least while I'm in calorie overload mode I feel like I've struck a balance.

Neck Curls

100x15

Overhead Press

169x3

159x3 (pooped)

117x15 (no pauses)

117x15 (no pauses)

Killer over head work, but this is pretty gangster ^
Thank you, thank you.

Deadlift

502x6

426x10

Snatch Grip (no belt)

400x5

Shrugs

426x20

Rows

260x6

271x5

Hell Yeah! Harder than normal to find my zone in the oppressive heat today, but I did. Very happy with my progress. Over the last few years doubt has been trying to creep in about my ability to lift heavy again. But right now I'm good for a 610 pull, and I can still gain at least 15 pounds of body weight. Berry berry happy.

• Like 4