Powerlifting Log

EricMilfeld

Deadlift

486x2x4

Dumbbell Rows

234x2x3

Shrugs

534x10

That DL is gooood! Hook/DO or mixed grip?

Thank you! I normally use a hook grip, unless my skin is too torn up from the knurling, then I'll go with straps. I'm hoping to get 628 next month. We'll see. It's been about a decade since I've lifted that kind of weight.

628 raw - it's good result even for advanced powerlifter!! Congrats, fingers crossed you'll achieve this goal!! I know that weight man, I used to lift 280 in DL-suit in 2009, best on comp. was 260 - mixed grip.

Keep rocking! Seems like I'm not only motivated by your horseshoe bends which I'm up to right now but powerlifting results as well!

Thanks a bunch! That's very cool you were motivated by my shoe bends. It's so hard not to buy a few pairs when I see them at the hardware store. Maybe after my contest I'll bend some for the fun of it. And nice deadlifting! You don't look huge, either...

Feeling under the weather today. Need to be getting more sleep.

Squats

400x2x4

356x6 (no belt)

Bench

269x5

237x10 ( by the way, shoulder has yet to reach 100%, but it's good enough to bench)

Curl Bar

127x12

• Like 1

Deadlift

486x2x4

Dumbbell Rows

234x2x3

Shrugs

534x10

Thank you! I normally use a hook grip, unless my skin is too torn up from the knurling, then I'll go with straps. I'm hoping to get 628 next month. We'll see. It's been about a decade since I've lifted that kind of weight.

628 raw - it's good result even for advanced powerlifter!! Congrats, fingers crossed you'll achieve this goal!! I know that weight man, I used to lift 280 in DL-suit in 2009, best on comp. was 260 - mixed grip.

Keep rocking! Seems like I'm not only motivated by your horseshoe bends which I'm up to right now but powerlifting results as well!

Thanks a bunch! That's very cool you were motivated by my shoe bends. It's so hard not to buy a few pairs when I see them at the hardware store. Maybe after my contest I'll bend some for the fun of it. And nice deadlifting! You don't look huge, either...

Squats

400x2x4

356x6 (no belt)

Bench

269x5

237x10 ( by the way, shoulder has yet to reach 100%, but it's good enough to bench)

Curl Bar

127x12

Being a huge doesn't mean being strong ))

For big deadlifts you need to train like powerlifter a lot , but now I'm care more about health and doing easy dl from time to time

like this

• Like 1

You may like this new mark bell vid with George lleemon , talks about rounding back and how to fix it, actually a ton of good stuff in this one.

• Like 1

Deadlift

486x2x4

Dumbbell Rows

234x2x3

Shrugs

534x10

Squats

400x2x4

356x6 (no belt)

Bench

269x5

Curl Bar

127x12

Being a huge doesn't mean being strong ))

For big deadlifts you need to train like powerlifter a lot , but now I'm care more about health and doing easy dl from time to time

like this

Nice pull! I oscillate between "health" and "strength" goals a lot. But right now I feel pretty healthy at 220 with the rowing and higher reps I'm hitting.

Dumbbell Rows

234x2x3

Stahp

I had to look up "stahp" in the urban dictionary, just in case it was an acronym. I've given up trying to be hip.

You may like this new mark bell vid with George lleemon , talks about rounding back and how to fix it, actually a ton of good stuff in this one.

Gonna check it out now!

• Like 1

Still looking strong for a sick day!

Luckily is was a light day anyways. But yeah, I was feeling pretty strong.

George looks like he could deadlift like 10 cars

• Like 1

Deadlift

512x2x3

385x8 (no belt)

Barbell Row

266x10

Stomach Raises

100x20

• Like 2

Deadlift

512x2x3

385x8 (no belt)

Barbell Row

266x10

Stomach Raises

100x20

You should try this abs work - perfect for powerlifting

https://youtu.be/9QeYAq7T7nI?t=643

Oh yes, I've done a lot of those in the past when I worked out at a commercial gym. At home I'll do them on a flat bench. Not quite as good, but not bad.

Squat

431x2x3

345x5 (no belt)

Bench

277x3 (I hate you left shoulder!)

Close Grip

227x6

Barbell Curl

135x8

Damn strong pipes!

Appreciate it, Jason!

• Like 1

Overhead Press

172x3

138x8

Still under the spell of a very pleasant summer cold. Wrapped it up with some neck and grip, since this is the Gripboard.

• Like 1

Deadlift

524x3

406x7 (no belt)

Dumbbell Rows

205x11

Worked abdominals. Bad case of allergies today, now that I kicked the cold.

• Like 1

Squat

441x3

385x7

Bench

282x3

Curl Bar

106x17

Body weight 217. Need to bumpy that back up.

• Like 2

Deadlift

550x2

476x5

Dumbbell Rows

205x12

• Like 2

Thanks Steve and Jason!

Saturday I doubled a 468 squat. Yesterday I overhead pressed 153x7 and x5.

With this three week period of a cold and then bad allergies my strength has taken a hit. I've also a personal thing going on (not bad), so instead of doing raw nationals I'm going to take a vacation. When I come back I'll drop down to the 205 class again, as this weight gain isn't paying off like I had hoped.

Thanks Steve and Jason!

With this three week period of a cold and then bad allergies my strength has taken a hit. I've also a personal thing going on (not bad), so instead of doing raw nationals I'm going to take a vacation. When I come back I'll drop down to the 205 class again, as this weight gain isn't paying off like I had hoped.

Dang sorry to hear that Eric, enjoy your vacation though!
  • Like 1

Thanks Steve and Jason!

Sometimes gaining a few pounds a year is the way to go. And by a few I mean like 4-5 at the most. I'm sorry to hear about the cold, I seem to get sick after my comps from the stress myself. I like that you've got a plan together as well!

• Like 1