Log: Getting As Strong As When I Was 25 By The Time I'm 40

Royz

The last year before my 2 year training break i worked this typ of squats almost exclusuvely. I started from below parallel and worked up to a max effort single. My best was 220 KG. Sometimes i keept working up from a quater squat position to another 1 - 5 rep max. I loved this movement!

• Like 1

Interesting and definitely going to try this. Also, Jörg, I'm expecting a pair of safety squat handles from Starkmacher which I can mount on my regular squatbar. Should bring a nice change.

The last year before my 2 year training break i worked this typ of squats almost exclusuvely. I started from below parallel and worked up to a max effort single. My best was 220 KG. Sometimes i keept working up from a quater squat position to another 1 - 5 rep max. I loved this movement!

220kg is crazy Jörg! Now I'm really depressed.

Anderson squats sound interesting, since I am having some trouble with the squatting movements lately. They just don't feel right.

Strong on the wristcurls Roy! Nice.

Thanks.

Always good to try something different now and again.

220kg is crazy Jörg! Now I'm really depressed.

Anderson squats sound interesting, since I am having some trouble with the squatting movements lately. They just don't feel right.

Strong on the wristcurls Roy! Nice.

Thanks.

Always good to try something different now and again.

I did them also with a cambered squat bar suspended by chains in the rack. It is a very save Version to do squats when you have no spotters. I was to do this movement by Bud Jeffris https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJMdK7vJsLc

Interesting and definitely going to try this. Also, Jörg, I'm expecting a pair of safety squat handles from Starkmacher which I can mount on my regular squatbar. Should bring a nice change.

Yes, defenitly a nice alternativ. I think it feels more like the Dave Drapper Top Squat Attachement http://www.davedraper.com/top-squat.html than a real Safety Squat Bar. I am waitinng for your report how it feels an how you like it.

Yes, defenitly a nice alternativ. I think it feels more like the Dave Drapper Top Squat Attachement http://www.davedraper.com/top-squat.html than a real Safety Squat Bar. I am waitinng for your report how it feels an how you like it.
Seems about the same, yes. I'll let you know sir.

september 14th 2015

Something seems to be sapping my pressing strength. I blame the relatively high reps I've been doing the last couple of weeks. Could also be that I'm just tired...

Going back to low reps anyway.

Overhead press

5x3x75kg

Grippers 1.5" blockset

Right 7xghp5/ 2x#2.5/ 3x#2.5/ 3x#2.5/ holdxGM/ holdxGM/ TNS 12xghp4

Left 3xghp5/ 2xghp5/ 3xghp5/ 2xghp5/ holdxghp6/ holdxghp6/ TNS 7xghp5

Decent gripper session today. Can't hold the GM(148) completely closed yet, it opens up about 2mm.

Seated, unsupported, overhead press from pins

up to 3x60kg

Starting with the bar at forehead level, where the sticking point for most people is. Surprisingly much harder than standing overhead presses.

Narrow grip floor press

5x90kg/ 5x95kg/ 5x95kg

Front pull downs

5x10x75kg

Back of right shoulder is bugging me with these.

Front one hand pull downs, underhand

up to 10x55kg

Bugs me less than two handed version.

V-grip cable row

up to 8x140kg

Mounted wristroller 40mm.

up to 100kg!

Plate hammer curls

3x10x15kg

Finishing medley

Lot of stuff.

Almost a 148lb close. Sounds good to me.

Not really a close unfortunately. Closing it with two hands and then trying to keep it closed for as long as possible. But the damn thing directly opens up about 2mm, can't keep it closed completely.

I never tried this before you mentioned it, it's a good test to see where you stand. 2mm doen't seem that much imo, I had 5mm with my #2 a couple of months ago.

September 17th

Anderson Squats

Explosive

5x3x100kg

Grippers 1.5"blockset

Speed closes

5x5xfiled #1.5

DO deads

10x3x170kg

Horizontal leg press

up to 5x200kg

Plate curl

10x10kg(standard plate)/ 8x15kg (standard plate)/ 2x20kg (2x10kg plate)/ 10x10kg (superstrict)

Abs

Pallof press + ab wheel supersets

September 22nd 2015

Had a really exhausting day. Stayed at home with my youngest boy because he was ill and coulnd't go to cild care. Much more exhausting than just a regular day at work.

Also had a couple of rough night because he was ill. Needless to say my CNS wasn't up to par

Overhead press

10x3x70kg

Went down in weight a little bit. Going to try and add 1kg very week for as long as possible.

Grippers 1.5" blockset

Right 20xghp4/ 16xghp4

Left 9xghp4/ 10xghp4

Wanted to do heavy singles, but it wasn't happening so did some high reps instead.

Seated Steep incline pin press

Pins at top of head

up to 3x80kg

Want to see if I can overload the overhead press with these, maybe get used to heavier weights a bit.

Floor press

up to 5x100kg

Mounted wristroller 48mm

backward up to 102,5kg!

Side/rear laterals raises supersets

10+10x18kg/ 10+10x20kg/ 10+10x20kg

One arm pull downs

10x55kg/ 10x55kg

Cable low row V-grip

up to 10x135kg

Plate hammer curl

Using grip handle plates

up to 5x20kg

Pallof press

3x10x55kg

• Like 1

I haven't seen any bench pressing in your log, how so?

Bench pressing regularly always ends up in a shoulder injury sooner or later for me. :(

Also because I only train twice a week it's easier to just have two main strength goals. For now those are overhead pressing (1x100) and deadlift (1x220).

• Like 1

september 25th 2015

Box squats

with 3 sec.pause

up to 3x130kg

Couldn't do Anderson squats because full squat rack was occupied. With the 3 sec. pause these are very similar. Also my right hip is starting to feel better!

Grippers 1.5" blockset

Right 28x#1.5 filed/ 26x#1.5 filed

Right 17x#1.5 filed/ 18x#1.5 filed

Didn't plan to do grippers because I did 10 sets with Rolling thunder yesterday so I wasn't exactly fresh. Ended up feeling like some high rep sets anyway.

Romanain deadlift

up to 5x155kg!/ 15x130kg!

Supermans

4x10x10kg

Plate curls

Without momentum

3x4x15kg (standard plate)

Hammer grip barbell wrist curls

5x10x30kg

Ab wheel rollouts

5x20

Really need a weight vest for these. Mostly feel these high reps in my arms/wrists.

Maybe try I will try them standing some time, but I'm affraid that might still be a bridge too far.

Ab wheel with band support is a perfect way to train.

Never tried it. Will do. Not sure if it will give the same effect as a weight vest though.

Never tried it. Will do. Not sure if it will give the same effect as a weight vest though.

It works even better. Had done easy reps with a 20kg vest on the knees. Standing ab wheel is so much harder.

This is how I do them.

It works even better. Had done easy reps with a 20kg vest on the knees. Standing ab wheel is so much harder.

This is how I do them.

Thanks for the vid! I'm going to try these. Got some yellow bands lying around somewhere they would be perfect.

This is how I do them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx1RtP6y7Vs

Thanks for the vid! I'm going to try these. Got some yellow bands lying around somewhere they would be perfect.

Can't help myself but seeing an ab wheel lying on the ground, an empty rubberband still dangling in the squatrack and a big hole in the roof lol
  • Like 1