155 lbs = 5 reps

160 lbs = 5 reps

Dumbbell Side Laterals

21.5 lb DBs = 10 reps

26.5 lb DBs = 10 reps

26.5 lb DBs = 10 reps

Dumbbell Bent Over Rear Laterals

16.5 lb DBs = 3 sets of 12 reps

Note: 2 guys who are competing in my competition are coming over tomorrow (Non GB members) to train grip. I plan on hitting thick bar and wrist events but who knows. These group sessions always turn out to be a free for all.

I was going to hit chest and tris tonight, but I felt a weird cramp in my left peck during my warm up sets so I decided to be careful and call it quits. I hit grippers and wrist roller tonight instead. Used my Vulcan V2 for warm ups because I sent a lot of my light grippers out to be rated for my upcoming comp. Turned out being a great gripper workout.

Grippers

Right Hand

Warm ups

V2 Level 3 = 10 reps

V2 Level 6 = 5 reps

V2 Level 9 = 3 reps

V2 Level 12 = 1 rep

153 lb COC #3 = 1 MMS rep

165.3 lb BBE = 1 MMS rep

Working

179.7 lb COC #3.5 MMS attempt = So freaking close! Video of attempt below. This gripper is going down soon.

179.7 lb COC #3.5 MMS attempt = Another very close attempt

174.6 lb GHP8 = 1 MMS rep

165.3 lb BBE = 2 parallel reps

Left Hand

Warm ups

V2 Level 3 = 10 reps

V2 Level 6 = 5 reps

V2 Level 9 = 3 reps

V2 Level 12 = 1 rep

Working

147.2 lb GHP 7 = 2 - 1.5 inch block set reps

149.2 lb COC #3 = 1 CCS rep - First time ever closing a #3 CCS lefty! Messed up the video though. Have to get it next workout

149.2 lb COC #3 = 1 CCS rep - messed up video again

159.6 lb RB 330N = 1 MMS rep

147.2 lb GHP 7 = 2 parallel reps

IM Wrist Roller (Mounter on power rack safety bar 5 ft high)

42 lbs = 5 times up and down rolling forward

42 lbs = 8 times up and down rolling backward

42 lbs = 5 times up and down rolling backward

53 lbs = 5 times up and down rolling backward

Extensor Work

IM Red Band = 3 sets of 20 reps each hand

Here is the 179.7 lb COC #3.5 attempt:

Happy Turkey Day Everyone!

Congrats on the Pr, that #3.5 is coming any day now :rock

Thanks Big T. I hit thick bar and wrist roller today with 2 guys who came over to train. I'm really happy with how the Axle went today. I hit a PR for reps on my Axle. After the Axle, I took it relatively easy on the rest of the exercises since I'm pretty tired today. I'm taking tomorrow off to rest my body.

Double Overhand Rogue Axle Deadlifts

Warm ups

115 lbs = 10 reps

185 lbs = 5 reps

Working

265 lbs = 3 reps

275 lbs = 3 reps

285 lbs = 3 reps

295 lbs = 3 reps

305 lbs = 3 reps. That is a PR for me for reps with 305 on my Axle which is pretty slick.

IM Little Big Horn

83 lbs = 5 lifts each hand

108 lbs = 3 lifts each hand

118 lbs = 2 lifts each hand

2 Inch V-Bar (Took it really easy on this. Just got it the other day and I want to get a feel for it)

115 lbs = 3 lifts each hand

160 lbs = 2 lifts each hand

IM Wrist Roller (Mounted 5 feet high on a power rack safety bar)

52 lbs = 3 sets of 5 times up and down.

Went to my school gym for the first time in a while to train Chest and Triceps today. I have been studying a lot and I just wanted a change of scenery. I decided to use Dumbbells for presses and increase the reps per set to make sure my Left Pec is healed up. The school gym's fixed weight dumbbells are easier to handle for presses than my Olympic plate loaded ones at home. It went great and I felt no discomfort in my chest at all. I will be back to lower reps next week.

Dumbbell Flat Bench Press

Warm ups

10 Push Ups

50 lb DBs = 10 reps

Working

70 lb DBs = 10 reps

80 lb DBs = 10 reps

85 lb DBs = 8 reps

90 lb DBs = 8 reps

Incline Dumbbell Bench Press

70 lb DBs = 3 sets of 8 reps

EZ Curl Bar Lying Triceps Extensions + Explosive Close Grip Press

- I do my normal triceps extensions and then immediately close grip bench press the same weight as explosively as possible. Its a light weight so this just burns the tris a little more and trains speed for pressed. Both count as one set

60 lbs = 10 extensions and 10 explosive presses

70 lbs = 8 extensions and 8 explosive presses

75 lbs = 8 extensions and 8 explosive presses

1 Arm Reverse Triceps Cable Extensions

30 lbs = 2 sets of 10 reps with each arm

40 lbs = 1 sets of 10 reps with each arm

Note: Off to the library for the rest of the night............................... :help

• Like 1

Plate loadable Dumb Bells are awkward when doing benching so I feel your pain.

Yep, I spend so much energy balancing heavy plate loaded Dumbbells that it effects my pressing ability. Plus the gym has a nice rubber floor to throw down the DBs down after the set while I have a tile floor where I lift at home.

I woke up early this morning and did a quick workout. Nothing special. I purposely left out bending because I want to try my 179.7 lb COC #3.5 again this weekend and bending isn't a good idea right before grippers.

Sledge Hammer Coin Load to Plateform (Hand at the very end of handle unless otherwise stated)

6 lb Sledge = 3 loads with each hand

6 lb Sledge = 3 loads right and 2 loads left

6 lb Sledge = 3 load right and 3 loads left with hand 4 inches from bottom

- This is getting easy for my right hand and the left is improving. Should be ready to bust out the 8lb sledge soon.

Sledge lever to Forehead

6 lb Sledge = 5 reps with each hand

8 lb Sledge = 3 reps with each hand

8 lb Sledge = 3 reps with each hand

Sledge Rear Weaver Stick

6 lb Sledge = 3 sets of 5 reps with each hand

Internal/External Rotation with Home Made Leverage Bar (Forearm on thigh and hand in air)

10 lbs = 2 sets of 8 reps with each hand

Hit legs today. I need to get them up to par with my upper body.

Back Squats

Warm ups

45 lbs = 10 reps

135 lbs = 10 reps

185 lbs = 5 reps

Working

235 lbs = 5 reps

245 lbs = 5 reps

255 lbs = 5 reps

205 lbs = 8 reps

- I'm getting more and more comfortable with squats. Going low doesn't feel awkward anymore

Front Squats

135 lbs = 5 reps

140 lbs = 5 reps

145 lbs = 5 reps

150 lbs = 5 reps

Barefoot Standing Calf Raises with a 55 lb Olympic barbell on my Back (My left ankle has been bothering me for months but its feeling better now that I'm strengthening it)

4 sets of 25 reps

Grippers last night. I didn't write down all the warm up sets because I was in a rush and trying to pump myself up. Here is main highlight:

I finally closed my 179.7 lb RGC rated captains of crush #3.5 MMS. It happened really quickly. The video is in slow motion with a couple of still because it was only closed for a brief moment when the camera was far away. It opened slightly as the camera got close. I couldn't hold it any longer. This was a complete max effort and I had to give everything I had to get it closed.

Edited by Chez
  • Like 3

No wonder you feel like a monster (reference to the song)! You ARE a Gripper Monster :) Congrats to the huge achievement!

• Like 1

Just watched your video my friend. Good work Chez! :)

Lat night I watched also your IM#3 cert video. You did great work!

• Like 1

Thanks fellas. Grippers are coming along nicely. Still trying hard to bring up everything else.

• Like 1

Hit legs today. I need to get them up to par with my upper body.

Back Squats

Warm ups

45 lbs = 10 reps

135 lbs = 10 reps

185 lbs = 5 reps

Working

235 lbs = 5 reps

245 lbs = 5 reps

255 lbs = 5 reps

205 lbs = 8 reps

- I'm getting more and more comfortable with squats. Going low doesn't feel awkward anymore

Front Squats

135 lbs = 5 reps

140 lbs = 5 reps

145 lbs = 5 reps

150 lbs = 5 reps

Barefoot Standing Calf Raises with a 55 lb Olympic barbell on my Back (My left ankle has been bothering me for months but its feeling better now that I'm strengthening it)

4 sets of 25 reps

Good squatting Chez. I absolutely hated them up until a couple of years ago when I started to workout at home and realised I had to do them if I didn't want to buy a bunch of crap. Year by year and tons of squats helped get the comfort up on them. Most recently (this year) really working on paused squats vastly improved my confidence and form under the weight. Once you can sit in the hole for a 3 count with 90% plus weights you know you've got it for good and your form will be dialled in to do it. For your rep sets even just do the first rep of each set like that and it'll help a lot.

• Like 1

Btw chez, you're forcing my hand with that gripper. Since mine is rated by Cannon it just says 179. No fraction. I'll have to go for a 20mm set.

Btw chez, you're forcing my hand with that gripper. Since mine is rated by Cannon it just says 179. No fraction. I'll have to go for a 20mm set.

Nice! Go get it. I think we can push each other to top of the MM pyramid. Chris always includes the fractions in his ratings and Cannon rounds, but they should be basically equal since I think both guys have the process down.

Oh yeah we can push eachother. It's fun stuff.

It bothers me the fractions aren't on it. I'm such a stickler for that stuff. I deal with small numbers alot at work that all have a big impact on plant performance. So that's why I feel the need to 20mm set close it. Lol.

• Like 1

To clarify, my ratings are never rounded. The decimal is just dropped.

I firmly believe the reality of the decimals is that nobody can claim this level of accuracy with the RGC process. Also, I don't know anyone who is using smaller than 1# increments, let alone 0.01# increments.

I don't know how you can report something like 155.35 when you probably did not check anything between 154.35 and 155.34. All you can say for sure is that 154 did not close the gripper but 155 did. This level of accuracy has shown to be repeatable. Any less than that and I feel you're asking WAY too much of the margin of error with strap placement, balancing, swing, loading, oil, tilt, environment, and the probably dozens of other variables.

• Like 1

To clarify, my ratings are never rounded. The decimal is just dropped.

I firmly believe the reality of the decimals is that nobody can claim this level of accuracy with the RGC process. Also, I don't know anyone who is using smaller than 1# increments, let alone 0.01# increments.

I don't know how you can report something like 155.35 when you probably did not check anything between 154.35 and 155.34. All you can say for sure is that 154 did not close the gripper but 155 did. This level of accuracy has shown to be repeatable. Any less than that and I feel you're asking WAY too much of the margin of error with strap placement, balancing, swing, loading, oil, tilt, environment, and the probably dozens of other variables.

Sorry about that Matt. I kind of remembered that you drop the decimal but I think I wrote rounding because its quicker. I agree that you can't have that level of accuracy between different setups or even the same setup with repeated ratings. Daniel and I must have GOPD........bad joke.

I thought it was a good joke :D

The problem with Daniel is that he'll probably just jump up about 5 whole pounds and close THAT gripper. I mean, he technically closed the MM3!

• Like 1

Haha, I guess I do have the disorder! Seriously though, i'm just anal about numbers. It's not a gripper thing. At work .0001 a gram means "something" in terms of plant performance, eg money, on the large scale we deal with.

I like that Matt drops the decimal. Even with the standard deviation of RGC rating, rounding up just doesn't seem appropriate for contest use. But we're still left with a quandary. We all know I can't just let Chez beat me even by a fraction even if he has me beat on gripper certs. (#3, L7)

Haha, I guess I do have the disorder! Seriously though, i'm just anal about numbers. It's not a gripper thing. At work .0001 a gram means "something" in terms of plant performance, eg money, on the large scale we deal with.

Sounds like you need some high performance Advanced Process Control with MPC, and an economic optimization supervisory control scheme! (Although you probably already have that at the plant. :) )

• Like 1

Chez, I could not for the life of me close the 3.5. My set was absolute garbage. For some reason it was sitting too far back in the hand. All the CCS work has my deep set technique in the junker I guess. You reign king bro!

Chez, I could not for the life of me close the 3.5. My set was absolute garbage. For some reason it was sitting too far back in the hand. All the CCS work has my deep set technique in the junker I guess. You reign king bro!

haha. I know you can kill that gripper dude. We all have off days. Its tough training both CCS and MMS. When I was preparing for my COC #3 cert I practiced the CCS a ton and I felt it made me rusty MMS also. Come back and destroy it.

Ok glad to hear it's tough to do both. I know I never made ccs progress over the years due to mms being primary goal. I'll drop the mms for now until the cert is over. Prob the best thing to do is knock out something that has taken so long.

Again great job on killing that gripper. Next you gotta slip in a block. That seems doable for you.