• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jedd Johnson

• Mike Rinderle

• climber511

• jad

Here's another angle of Andrew's amazing 1 hand lift of 600 lbs on the PB!

Some thing I want to say is a HUGE Thank You to Mary Ann for loading all day long - she lifted more tonnage than any competitor I'm sure - helping with scoring etc. Several others as well jumped right in and did all the hard but thankless work that keeps an event like this going. Sean Dockery - my sons Josh and David and of course my wife Teresa. It wouldn't be possible without wonderful people like these.

Here is Adam's 240lb 2HP lift:

Started cleaning up the gym at 8 AM when Josh took off for home. With some help from my family, the garage is now back to "normal" - cleaned, mopped, and all arranged. With 3 people working it only took 5 hours instead of the usual 12 when I do it all myself. Whew! Glad that's done.

Thank you Chris, Theresa and Josh. You have time and again opened your home to all of us. Thank you. Your performance and kindness continues to inspire all of us. Next year I will do the set-up and cleaning, you just come and play.

I would love to see video of the 600# plateau buster if anyone has it. Thanks.

Here ya go

Who is narrating on this video?

That's Josh Dale narrating.

And here's Brent telling me why 7.44693724100004" should be the actual line of demarcation for hand classes in gripsport. I obviously don't agree. And Adam thinks we're both a couple of bozos because 7.6717" is obviously the right answer.

NoWay.jpg

Every contest people leave stuff that I find when cleaning up - here's the list this time - not much left compared to usual. Please let me know if it's yours and what you want me to do with it.

Jedd left the G5 and G8 bolts

Someone left a small plastic box of nose tork capsules.

Someone left a size Large Competition Blue tee shirt.

If you open your bag when you get home and find something extra list it here and maybe we can get everything back to it's owner.

Daniel,

Did Jedd or Chris officially record your weight (being equal or less than 82.5k) on a calibrated scale? 180lb is a very respectable result in the 82.5k class, especially as you did not know roughly where your max would be.

Daniel, big congrats! And will you post your event results?

Grippers: missed 164# on 3rd and got 154 on 4th attempt.

2HP: first time on euro and decided to use a 58mm. Had a 180# final lift but came in too low and should have went for more. BW was 177 that day. I wish I would have targeted 200# instead of 180 because 180 was easy imo.

Medley: 33 points. Lots of blobs and block weights for points, my sledges sucked and really hurt me.

Roller: 41', 4th overall. That was a long 60 seconds.

P. Buster: 460# final lift. Over 2.5x BW. Came in too low, 500# would have gone up too imo. No reason a 3x BW won't come up in the future.

First time on the euro, wrist roller and PB so had no idea what was gonna happen. Can't wait to see the official results. Some truly amazing numbers put up yesterday by several.

I firmly believe that Daniel was good for 200 had he known where to come in at and what to expect from the actual implement. This was the case for him in most of the events. He owned his last attempt on everything with room to spare!

Every contest people leave stuff that I find when cleaning up - here's the list this time - not much left compared to usual. Please let me know if it's yours and what you want me to do with it.

Jedd left the G5 and G8 bolts

Someone left a small plastic box of nose tork capsules.

Someone left a size Large Competition Blue tee shirt.

If you open your bag when you get home and find something extra list it here and maybe we can get everything back to it's owner.

Also found a sort of clear greenish Nalgene water bottle - Andrew's maybe?

Daniel,

Did Jedd or Chris officially record your weight (being equal or less than 82.5k) on a calibrated scale? 180lb is a very respectable result in the 82.5k class, especially as you did not know roughly where your max would be.

2HP: first time on euro and decided to use a 58mm. Had a 180# final lift but came in too low and should have went for more. BW was 177 that day. I wish I would have targeted 200# instead of 180 because 180 was easy imo.

Medley: 33 points. Lots of blobs and block weights for points, my sledges sucked and really hurt me.

P. Buster: 460# final lift. Over 2.5x BW. Came in too low, 500# would have gone up too imo. No reason a 3x BW won't come up in the future.

First time on the euro, wrist roller and PB so had no idea what was gonna happen. Can't wait to see the official results. Some truly amazing numbers put up yesterday by several.

Mikael - somewhere in all the paper work (out in the garage) I did record the weigh in results of Danial and Matt - so yes it was official. Both were under the limit.

Good, I will add their results to the 82.5k record page as soon as I get the official 2HP #'s.

That's Josh Dale narrating.

If Grip ever goes "big time" and makes it to ESPN 12, I think he has a future as a commentator.

Thanks Mike, I appreciate the compliment. I do a significant amount of public speaking at work, so if I'm ever needed to commentate or MC at Grip events, I'd be happy to help out.

Thanks Mike, I appreciate the compliment. I do a significant amount of public speaking at work, so if I'm ever needed to commentate or MC at Grip events, I'd be happy to help out.

It will have to be a small diameter microphone due to hand size issues, however.

Awesome lift there! How did that feel holding 600lbs in one hand??

a bit heavy :whistel :whistel

It will have to be a small diameter microphone due to hand size issues, however.

It won't matter, I always strap up for mic work

Daniel,

Mikael - somewhere in all the paper work (out in the garage) I did record the weigh in results of Danial and Matt - so yes it was official. Both were under the limit.

And that was after a nice big meal the Rices had cooked up. Very tasty!

Just made it back home. INCREDIBLE COMP. Each of the competitors was a class act and each contributed something special. I thought about listing each impressive performance but there were too many and I wouldn't want to take away from any others. I have nothing but respect for each individual and for the whole group. As for the group's numbers, they'll speak for themselves. We raised the bar yesterday and I'm proud to have been a part of it.

I enjoyed meeting each one of you. I especially enjoyed traveling and hanging with Cannon and Reinard.

A huge thanks to the Rice family, to Mary Ann and Doc, and to everyone else who contributed behind the scenes - including the sponsors.

Finally, Jedd, thank you for your leadership and passion. Very inspiring to watch you fight through the pain for a WR.

That experience sealed my commitment to grip.

I firmly believe that Daniel was good for 200 had he known where to come in at and what to expect from the actual implement. This was the case for him in most of the events. He owned his last attempt on everything with room to spare!

It was really hard to know where to go in at and also not to get carried away with making a big jump. The 2HP and P Buster were that way. Now I know and next time I hope to be smarter about it.

I would just like to remind everyone to take a couple minutes and send an email or something to those companies that were sponsors and gave so freely to us.

watch out for more from Tim and Dan in the future. Very strong guys!!!