North American Grip National Championship

Jedd Johnson

watch out for more from Tim and Dan in the future. Very strong guys!!!

Agreed! I knew Tim was strong, but dang! :blink When he slammed that huge 190+ gripper shut with a block set I said, "this guys not elite??? :laugh Just a beast at every event!

Thanks again Nick to you and Doc! Incredible job sponsoring those big prizes. And great going head to head with you again. 1-1. Gripmas will be the rubber match. :mosher

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jedd Johnson

• Mike Rinderle

• climber511

• jad

Every contest people leave stuff that I find when cleaning up - here's the list this time - not much left compared to usual. Please let me know if it's yours and what you want me to do with it.

Jedd left the G5 and G8 bolts

Someone left a small plastic box of nose tork capsules.

Someone left a size Large Competition Blue tee shirt.

If you open your bag when you get home and find something extra list it here and maybe we can get everything back to it's owner.

I ended up with a copy of a DVD that I didn't win. Anybody missing theirs?

chris

if the nose tork box is clear plastic with a red and white sticker, it's mine.

will you be at throwers anon?

Here's the easiest over bodyweight 2HP you'll probably see in awhile. He left 20lbs on the table by not knowing where to come in.

Daniel Reinard: 177 lbs, 7.75" hands, in sandals, first time ever touching a Euro. 180 lbs.

Here's the easiest over bodyweight 2HP you'll probably see in awhile. He left 20lbs on the table by not knowing where to come in.

Daniel Reinard: 177 lbs, 7.75" hands, in sandals, first time ever touching a Euro. 180 lbs.

Very impressive! Daniel is going to be real tough to beat in the near future.

Daniel's performance was really cool to watch.

Smoked 2HP. Smoked the medly. Smoked the wrist roller. Smoked the PB.

With all the blobs in the medley, he would just reach down and it was like they were instantly magnetized to his hand. I swear I saw one of the lighter ones hop off the floor into his hand before it got there. :tongue There was no fiddling with hand position or setting up. It was crazy.

Straight to the #2 spot in the 82.5k class. That did indeed look easy.

A visit to Chris's place is always fun. Glad to see everyone enjoyed themselves- I have met quite a few of the guys at Nationals, and I look forward to seeing them every time we can get together.

Josh, just watched your video clip of the PB - AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME commentary. We need to figure out how to make this an every contest occurrence! Very nice.

Thanks Mike, I appreciate the compliment. I do a significant amount of public speaking at work, so if I'm ever needed to commentate or MC at Grip events, I'd be happy to help out.

It will have to be a small diameter microphone due to hand size issues, however.

Oh snap.

Guys, we had unbelievable sponsors for the Grip Sport Championship this year. Please check them out.

I believe I coded this properly so that all the videos I have been able to upload at this point play consecutively, but if not, I will also post the links here as well.

TheGripAuthority.com

TPS

Fat Gripz

Silverback Strength Equipment

Grapple Grips

Salonpas

Swager Strength

Buy Oxygen 4 Energy

Grip 4orce

York Barbell

Biofreeze

Stronger Designs

Chris Rice

There are still more guys. I just have not had the chance to shoot videos for them.

Also, if you check out this page on the Grip Sport website, you will see the complete list: Grip Sport Nationals Sponsors

Also, HUGE thanks to Teresa, Dave, and Josh for putting up with all of us and preparing an unbelievable meal after the comp. I was starved and ate liek there would be no tomorrow.

Guys, we had unbelievable sponsors for the Grip Sport Championship this year. Please check them out.

I believe I coded this properly so that all the videos I have been able to upload at this point play consecutively, but if not, I will also post the links here as well.

TheGripAuthority.com

TPS

Fat Gripz

Silverback Strength Equipment

Grapple Grips

Salonpas

Swager Strength

Buy Oxygen 4 Energy

Grip 4orce

York Barbell

Biofreeze

Stronger Designs

There are still more guys. I just have not had the chance to shoot videos for them.

Also, if you check out this page on the Grip Sport website, you will see the complete list: Grip Sport Nationals Sponsors

You forgot me as a sponsor again buddy :whistel

I added you in. That list is just the ones I had time to do a video for. If you can shoot me your website address, I can make your name a link. Thanks.

Agreed! I knew Tim was strong, but dang! :blink When he slammed that huge 190+ gripper shut with a block set I said, "this guys not elite??? :laugh Just a beast at every event!

Thanks again Nick to you and Doc! Incredible job sponsoring those big prizes. And great going head to head with you again. 1-1. Gripmas will be the rubber match. :mosher

190+ Wow I didnt know Tim was into the 190s. How much over 190 was it.

Will the results (details) be posted here soon?

I have seen some of Dans blobing videos and was not suprised at his placing. Dude is strong.

190+ Wow I didnt know Tim was into the 190s. How much over 190 was it.

Will the results (details) be posted here soon?

I have seen some of Dans blobing videos and was not suprised at his placing. Dude is strong.

Thanks, gents! It was a 191.85 MM5 dup. That was 3rd attempt. On 4th attempt I went for a 195.1 flush-mount SE and it was darn close but not quite. I thought I had the event locked-up when Andrew casually walks up and closes the same MM5! He did very little gripper-specific training for this comp. That dude has talent coming out of every pore. Looking forward to the full results.

Hey big Mike, it was great to meet you and congrats on a huge comeback. Looking forward to seeing your numbers explode as you get back into grip training.

Nationals was an incredible experience. I don't feel like there would be a write-up that I could give that could capture the electricity of the contest. After writing a few comments about each competitor, I felt that it just doesn't do justice to the experience. You know, so-and-so is a great guy. So-and-so has crazy forearms. The truth is that it's the sum of all these things that made it such a memorable time. The sportsmanship, integrity of the judges and competitors, generosity of the sponsors, and comaraderie was all overwhelming. I am very proud to be a member of this sport.

This was only my second competition. Just like after my first comp (Adam Glass's Decathlon), I have a clear picture of what I need to do to get better. Full body fitness, thick bar, and pinch pinch pinch pinch pinch. Pinch is king.

I've never been so excited and motivated to get back to training. I am confident that my plans will pay off and my contest results will show the hard work. I am very excited to compete in the 82.5 WSH weight class and I believe that if I work very hard I will be competitive in that class!

My gripper performace was down from the Decathlon, but has not been a focus lately. I closed a 141 gripper and closed a 149 in May. 2HP was my big success. I hit 170# at 162 bodyweight. That is a 18lbs contest PR, and a 10lbs all-time PR. My medley was similar to the Decathlon medley. Exposed my weakness for pinch feats and block weights. Plateau Buster was down from the Decathon as well where I pulled 323 and only 300 at Nationals. Overall I felt that I brought what I had for the events and the energy elevated my performance. I expect bigger numbers from myself on the major events in the coming contests this year: three WSH legs and another Decathlon.

Here is my 2HP video. I think I was surprised it was coming up so I started yelling :)

Time to hit the gym!

Great pull Matt! Congrats buddy!

Awesome pull, Matt!

I felt the same way you did about not being able to do justice with a write-up. It's impossible to capture in words, but you hit it on the head with "electricity."

Given that you can pack on almost 20lb of bodyweight in the 82.5k you have plenty of muscle-driven gains to look forward to (apart from gains from conditioning your tendons).

I've never been so excited and motivated to get back to training. I am confident that my plans will pay off and my contest results will show the hard work. I am very excited to compete in the 82.5 WSH weight class and I believe that if I work very hard I will be competitive in that class!

Well put Matt! And loved that battlecry! Looking forward to seeing you do well in the WSH series. :mosher

Tim is ready to move up and make some noise in the Elite. He was a beast that day.

I would like to see Andrew's medley video if any one has it to post. Heard he cleaned up.

I think Andrew picked up 93 out of a possible 60 implements. When he ran out of things to pick up he ran outside and started lifting cars. It was an amazing run. :mosher

@Tim: Thanks buddy! It was a pleasure meeting you for the first time as well. You are as great a guy as you are strong! With that new thumb placement on the 2HP I expect your numbers to blow up over the next year and wouldn't be surprised at all if you are the National Champion in 2012!!!

I think Andrew picked up 93 out of a possible 60 implements. When he ran out of things to pick up he ran outside and started lifting cars. It was an amazing run. :mosher

LOL!

My favorite part of Andrew's run was where there were people standing behind the bench that the Gracie Bell is loaded on and Andrew yells "watch your feet, it's comin!" and then he proceeds throw the bell over the bench. I'd like to see the video too because I don't think it ever even touched the bench :yikes