NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

49 minutes ago, Bulbay said:

Wow, I didn't know you were here. Glad to talk to you directly. Those resources are great but the only problem is there are too many options. I don't know where to start. What I want to achieve is to have a a bit more than average crushing grip power, stamina and arm wrestling competence. I am 6 ft and 222 lbs, mostly fat not muscle. I'd love to follow your directions.

Then I would recommend CRUSH, for the best on technique and drills: https://thegripauthority.com/crush-dvd2.htm

If you already have good setting technique, then you'll need a program.  CBT is your answer:  http://thegripauthority.com/gripper-training-program.htm

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bulbay said:

Wow, I didn't know you were here. Glad to talk to you directly. Those resources are great but the only problem is there are too many options. I don't know where to start. What I want to achieve is to have a a bit more than average crushing grip power, stamina and arm wrestling competence. I am 6 ft and 222 lbs, mostly fat not muscle. I'd love to follow your directions.

Jedds an amazing coach. I recommend him, even  if it’s for just one coaching call. He will save you a lot of time and headaches.

• Like 2

On 6/27/2023 at 5:48 PM, Bulbay said:

Hello!

I always had weak wrists. I am 40 now so I thought I can focus on improving. I started with a cheap adjustable plastic gripper 1-2 months ago and when it becomes easy I bought a Robert Baraban adjustable gripper.

My grip is still too weak(35 kg max) but I am trying. I am trying to understand best way to improve myself and I am open to any suggestions.

@Bulbay Welcome to the GripBoard!

• Like 1

Hi folks,

Danny, 40, from Scotland, 6'2, a fluffy 275.

Been lifting weights on and off for my adult life, but got too enthusiastic during lockdown, combined with being 40+, and gave myself double tennis elbow along with some tendon issues. Got some grippers recently to get my grip back and found that I enjoy them. Started with some Grip Genie ones and now have a CoC 2.5. Thrown in some fat grips and have ordered a pinch thing. Anyways, newbie here, looking forward to reading all the forums.

I guess my goals would be to make a #3 my b1tch so much that I use it for warmup reps.

• Like 5

Welcome Danny... You will one day make that #3 your b1tch...  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, dbuk said:

Hi folks,

Danny, 40, from Scotland, 6'2, a fluffy 275.

Been lifting weights on and off for my adult life, but got too enthusiastic during lockdown, combined with being 40+, and gave myself double tennis elbow along with some tendon issues. Got some grippers recently to get my grip back and found that I enjoy them. Started with some Grip Genie ones and now have a CoC 2.5. Thrown in some fat grips and have ordered a pinch thing. Anyways, newbie here, looking forward to reading all the forums.

I guess my goals would be to make a #3 my b1tch so much that I use it for warmup reps.

Welcome @dbuk Danny to the Gripboard!

• Like 1

Hi I’m matt, just recently became interested in grip training. I started to use an old one I have when driving. I quickly realized I needed some heavier ones and I’m up to closing a captain of crush 2 gripper now. I can get about 5-6 closes on it on a good day. 
I would like to get a 2.5 and work my way up to closing a 3. I hope to pick up some training tips here to help me reach my goals. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Mopar367 said:

Hi I’m matt, just recently became interested in grip training. I started to use an old one I have when driving. I quickly realized I needed some heavier ones and I’m up to closing a captain of crush 2 gripper now. I can get about 5-6 closes on it on a good day. 
I would like to get a 2.5 and work my way up to closing a 3. I hope to pick up some training tips here to help me reach my goals. 

Welcome @Mopar367 to the Gripboard!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mopar367 said:

Welcome and good luck on your journey. You have come to the right place.

Hello there, I am new to this forum but  @temmmeeee suggested that i do some lurking here.

my name is Noah, but i go by "Rental Shoes" i am a climber turned gripster who enjoys pinch, key pinch and vertical bar. 

some feats i have achieved so far are: 2 45 plate pinch, 300lb 2 in vertical bar, 265lb jug, 80lb inch pinch, 350lb fat gripz and 135lb on 6mm edge. 

i also rather enjoy bodyweight calisthenic exercises on certain implements (one arm pullups, front levers)

somcheers!e long term goals i have include: Inch dumbbell clean, 300lb jug, blobfather lift, 45 lb plate curl, 180lb added weighted pullup off of jugs.

I am excited to connect more with the grip community and learn more about the sport 

cheers!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Rental_Shoes_ said:

Hello there, I am new to this forum but  @temmmeeee suggested that i do some lurking here.

my name is Noah, but i go by "Rental Shoes" i am a climber turned gripster who enjoys pinch, key pinch and vertical bar. 

some feats i have achieved so far are: 2 45 plate pinch, 300lb 2 in vertical bar, 265lb jug, 80lb inch pinch, 350lb fat gripz and 135lb on 6mm edge. 

i also rather enjoy bodyweight calisthenic exercises on certain implements (one arm pullups, front levers)

somcheers!e long term goals i have include: Inch dumbbell clean, 300lb jug, blobfather lift, 45 lb plate curl, 180lb added weighted pullup off of jugs.

I am excited to connect more with the grip community and learn more about the sport 

cheers!

Welcome @Rental_Shoes_ (Noah) to the GripBoard!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello. I made a profile a while ago but just decided to become more active here. I’ve worked with grippers and done some 1HP with a block and some plates. I’m mainly focused on training to lift an Inch and I would like to try lifting some blobs but I need to find some first. I look forward to spending some time taking in the knowledge on this board and meeting some people in the grip world.

• Like 3

Greetings, My name is Michael Grigsby; I live in the US in state of Kentuck,  I am 52 years old, weigh in at 212 pounds, and I am 5 ft 11 inches in height. I am retired from Public Safety with the Commonwealth of Kentucky after 25 years. I am a long-haul COVID-19 survivor, spending over 74 days on a ventilator in a drug-induced coma and 5 1/2 months in the hospital. When I was released from the hospital,  I was unable to unscrew a pop bottle. A friend of mine gave me COC Trainer, so I started working on the recovery of my grip strength. I learned that there was a certification process for closing the grippers. That became my goal to be able to close the COC #3 Gripper.  I currently train 2 times a week with grippers, pinch plates, and other items. This will be a great personal accomplishment for me to be able to achieve this feat after my health issues. I joined this group as I want to learn more about grip strength training methods. I look forward to learning from everyone, Regards Michael

• Like 11

1 hour ago, MRGRIGSBY1055 said:

Greetings, My name is Michael Grigsby; I live in the US in state of Kentuck,  I am 52 years old, weigh in at 212 pounds, and I am 5 ft 11 inches in height. I am retired from Public Safety with the Commonwealth of Kentucky after 25 years. I am a long-haul COVID-19 survivor, spending over 74 days on a ventilator in a drug-induced coma and 5 1/2 months in the hospital. When I was released from the hospital,  I was unable to unscrew a pop bottle. A friend of mine gave me COC Trainer, so I started working on the recovery of my grip strength. I learned that there was a certification process for closing the grippers. That became my goal to be able to close the COC #3 Gripper.  I currently train 2 times a week with grippers, pinch plates, and other items. This will be a great personal accomplishment for me to be able to achieve this feat after my health issues. I joined this group as I want to learn more about grip strength training methods. I look forward to learning from everyone, Regards Michael

Welcome, bro.  You're in the right place to help reach your goals.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2023 at 11:21 PM, Chris Ribich said:

Hello. I made a profile a while ago but just decided to become more active here. I’ve worked with grippers and done some 1HP with a block and some plates. I’m mainly focused on training to lift an Inch and I would like to try lifting some blobs but I need to find some first. I look forward to spending some time taking in the knowledge on this board and meeting some people in the grip world.

Welcome @Chris Ribich and @MRGRIGSBY1055!

On 8/17/2023 at 7:53 AM, MRGRIGSBY1055 said:

• Like 1

Hi all,

I'm a hobbyist only grip guy with no expectations of performing any feats. I live in Auckland New Zealand and got inspired to try a few grip lifts from watching Jedd's YouTube Channel 😀 Something to do in retirement (having never lifted weights before). I have a handful of grippers, a sledgehammer and a Barrel Strength Trilobite 2 1/2 inch rolling handle + pinch block.

I regret not buying more of the GHP's when they were available, but plan to get a couple of Standards from Canon.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Boatie said:

Hi all,

I'm a hobbyist only grip guy with no expectations of performing any feats. I live in Auckland New Zealand and got inspired to try a few grip lifts from watching Jedd's YouTube Channel 😀 Something to do in retirement (having never lifted weights before). I have a handful of grippers, a sledgehammer and a Barrel Strength Trilobite 2 1/2 inch rolling handle + pinch block.

I regret not buying more of the GHP's when they were available, but plan to get a couple of Standards from Canon.

If you're ever in Australia there's a small but active group of us with a fair bit of kit if you wanted to check stuff out - or if you're interested in competing (probably same price for you to get to Sydney as it is for me as I'm in Hobart!)

On 8/24/2023 at 12:25 AM, PinchByPinch said:

If you're ever in Australia there's a small but active group of us with a fair bit of kit if you wanted to check stuff out - or if you're interested in competing (probably same price for you to get to Sydney as it is for me as I'm in Hobart!)

Thanks, I'll let you know if I get over that way 😃

Hey everyone,

Zakk, 25, Canada

Looking forward to becoming apart of the grip family, been interested in grip since a very young age, first exercises my dad taught me were related to forearms and grip training. Never have competed but would love to eventually get involved in that, been involved in competitive sports and fitness all my life, and always realized how important it is to have a strong grip in everything in life. Can’t wait to continue to grow my knowledge from all you savages on here, and keep pushing for some feats together. Lots to learn and looking forward to it in this community. 

My goals are really simple continue to get stronger everyday, and keep learning. 

Edited by Gorillagrip98
  • Like 4