NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

On 8/23/2023 at 5:09 AM, Boatie said:

Hi all,

I'm a hobbyist only grip guy with no expectations of performing any feats. I live in Auckland New Zealand and got inspired to try a few grip lifts from watching Jedd's YouTube Channel 😀 Something to do in retirement (having never lifted weights before). I have a handful of grippers, a sledgehammer and a Barrel Strength Trilobite 2 1/2 inch rolling handle + pinch block.

I regret not buying more of the GHP's when they were available, but plan to get a couple of Standards from Canon.

Welcome @Boatie!

19 hours ago, Gorillagrip98 said:

Hey everyone,

Zakk, 25, Canada

Looking forward to becoming apart of the grip family, been interested in grip since a very young age, first exercises my dad taught me were related to forearms and grip training. Never have competed but would love to eventually get involved in that, been involved in competitive sports and fitness all my life, and always realized how important it is to have a strong grip in everything in life. Can’t wait to continue to grow my knowledge from all you savages on here, and keep pushing for some feats together. Lots to learn and looking forward to it in this community. 

My goals are really simple continue to get stronger everyday, and keep learning. 

Welcome @Gorillagrip98!

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Yo,  

38, male, 6’2”/250. my focus shifted on grip a year and a half ago. Interested in grip for years though. 

I discovered grip through WSM/ironmind and hope to cert on the COC3 sometime. I competed in shot put in NCAA and have continued to lift and have interest in strength sports. Just got my GHP7 cert which I’m pretty pumped about. I’m currently working on getting to more comps and getting my hands on an inch dumbbell. 

I’m happy the gripboard exists for all the great info 👍

• Like 8

1 hour ago, JoePainter said:

I competed in shot put in NCAA and have continued to lift and have interest in strength sports.

Welcome @JoePainter!

If past history is any indication, being a thrower is really good news. Explosive power. Two absolute legends that come right to mind are @acorn and @Carl Myerscough

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Welcome @JoePainter!

If past history is any indication, being a thrower is really good news. Explosive power. Two absolute legends that come right to mind are @acorn and @Carl Myerscough

Part of what got me diving head first into grip was looking at the GHP list and seeing myerscough’s name on the list. Then I saw his saxon bar and axle bar lifts and went down the rabbit hole. I am little bit younger so his clips of throws from big comps were inspiring for me when I was throwing. Pre-YouTube you had to know where to search and he was an amazing athlete so he was one of the guys you could find film on. Pretty awesome to see him somehow become better at grip than shot put even though he is one of the greatest throwers of all time.  

grip has been the only thing I’ve gotten into that matches throwing for love of the process and not just the results. “It’s about the journey not the destination”. Training grip is fun. Im actually excited about training again and wish I could recover faster lol

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JoePainter said:

Yo,  

38, male, 6’2”/250. my focus shifted on grip a year and a half ago. Interested in grip for years though. 

I discovered grip through WSM/ironmind and hope to cert on the COC3 sometime. I competed in shot put in NCAA and have continued to lift and have interest in strength sports. Just got my GHP7 cert which I’m pretty pumped about. I’m currently working on getting to more comps and getting my hands on an inch dumbbell. 

Welcome. It’s a an amazing community and lots to learn here. Good luck on the journey and getting an inch. It’s such a cool feeling to own one I can’t even describe it. The only thing better must be lifting it.

• Like 2

Hi everyone !

Im a newbie gripster from finland , just started getting into gripsports a month ago.

Im 27 years old , 6'2 tall , weight around 176lbs and my hand measures from wrist to tip of my middlefinger just a shy of 7.5 inches.

i have a background of track and field , polevault. Won multiple national titles and i was in silver at european junior championships. After my knee blowed up i quitted track and field and started rockclimbing which i have been doing almost 3 years and reached intermediate level i would say.

here is some result that i have get with different implements:

Finnishball: 37,75kg / 83.2lbs

Im block: 32,55kg / 71.8lbs

2.25" crusher: 70,55kg / 155.5lbs

2.5" jug: 91.00kg / 200.6lbs

Apollon axle: 135kg / 297.6lbs

Saxon bar 80mm: 72,5kg / 159.8lbs 

Gripgenie RGT: 56.60kg / 124.8lbs

Hub: 29kg / 63.9

Im rolling thunder: 70,5kg / 155.4lbs

Silarukov 80mm pinch: 72.20kg / 159.1lbs

Lattice quadblock , wide deep pinch: 37.80kg / 83.3lbs 

Rogue grandfathers clock: 103,25 / 227.6lbs

Otevoima crater: 19.55kg / 43.1lbs

i can also plate pinch 2x35lbs and have been closing many CoC #2.5 straight out of package with CCS.

• Like 5

Hello all,

My name is Jose and I am 26 years old. I have casually done grip and bending related feats on and off for the past several years but have not been too serious about it until recently. My main focus right now is bending horseshoes as I do aspire to be on the Horseshoe Benders Top-20 List in the future. As for my background, I've never had any formal strength training in the past but worked manual labor for several years prior to starting grip stuff and working out which I believe gave me a decent base coming into it. For my general strength training, I perform a mix of kettlebell lifting and calisthenics.

• Like 5

On 9/21/2023 at 12:58 PM, JoePainter said:

Yo,  

Welcome @JoePainter!

On 9/22/2023 at 5:05 AM, NikoKoskinen said:

Hi everyone !

Im a newbie gripster from finland , just started getting into gripsports a month ago.

Im 27 years old , 6'2 tall , weight around 176lbs and my hand measures from wrist to tip of my middlefinger just a shy of 7.5 inches.

i have a background of track and field , polevault. Won multiple national titles and i was in silver at european junior championships. After my knee blowed up i quitted track and field and started rockclimbing which i have been doing almost 3 years and reached intermediate level i would say.

here is some result that i have get with different implements:

Finnishball: 37,75kg / 83.2lbs

Im block: 32,55kg / 71.8lbs

2.25" crusher: 70,55kg / 155.5lbs

2.5" jug: 91.00kg / 200.6lbs

Apollon axle: 135kg / 297.6lbs

Saxon bar 80mm: 72,5kg / 159.8lbs 

Gripgenie RGT: 56.60kg / 124.8lbs

Hub: 29kg / 63.9

Im rolling thunder: 70,5kg / 155.4lbs

Silarukov 80mm pinch: 72.20kg / 159.1lbs

Lattice quadblock , wide deep pinch: 37.80kg / 83.3lbs 

Rogue grandfathers clock: 103,25 / 227.6lbs

Otevoima crater: 19.55kg / 43.1lbs

i can also plate pinch 2x35lbs and have been closing many CoC #2.5 straight out of package with CCS.

Welcome @NikoKoskinen!

18 hours ago, Jose Matus said:

Hello all,

My name is Jose and I am 26 years old. I have casually done grip and bending related feats on and off for the past several years but have not been too serious about it until recently. My main focus right now is bending horseshoes as I do aspire to be on the Horseshoe Benders Top-20 List in the future. As for my background, I've never had any formal strength training in the past but worked manual labor for several years prior to starting grip stuff and working out which I believe gave me a decent base coming into it. For my general strength training, I perform a mix of kettlebell lifting and calisthenics.

Welcome @Jose Matus!

Hey, y'all, fellow grip enthusiast here introducing myself finally after a long time of lurking.

Name's Lukas, I'm from Lithuania and I'm 22, not long until 23.

Some might recognize me as I like to ask a bunch of (sometimes dumb) questions, but all of you who have been bugged by me were nice, so thanks for that 😀

I've been doing grip and powerlifting since '19 but only in 2022 started to specialize more into grip and ditched powerlifting and now I focus on grip and calisthenics.

Been inconsistent at times but now I am putting more thought out effort into grip after learning some nice tips from the greats and hoping to reach some big (for me) goals by the end of 2023.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, smaikelzas said:

Hey Lukas, welcome! :flowers: I’m curious, how did you find the GripBoard? 

Uh, just watching interviews of people and whatever hearing them mention gripboard, so pretty much just heard about it from other gripsters online

• Like 3

On 9/26/2023 at 8:58 AM, smaikelzas said:

Hey, y'all, fellow grip enthusiast here introducing myself finally after a long time of lurking.

Some might recognize me as I like to ask a bunch of (sometimes dumb) questions, but all of you who have been bugged by me were nice, so thanks for that 😀

I've been doing grip and powerlifting since '19 but only in 2022 started to specialize more into grip and ditched powerlifting and now I focus on grip and calisthenics.

Been inconsistent at times but now I am putting more thought out effort into grip after learning some nice tips from the greats and hoping to reach some big (for me) goals by the end of 2023.

Welcome @smaikelzas!

• Like 1

Hi all!  

I am a old Gripboard Member that can't recover my old username of gm1swm.  I am a certified CoC#3 closer and probably CPW's largest purchaser of CoC# 3.5 grippers, or at least at one point I was. LOL

I am just here to sell my grip stuff as I've lost a lot of my grip strength since getting into endurance sports.  

Can anyone tell me how to access the classifieds section?  

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, duck_buttersworth said:

Hi all!  

I am a old Gripboard Member that can't recover my old username of gm1swm.  I am a certified CoC#3 closer and probably CPW's largest purchaser of CoC# 3.5 grippers, or at least at one point I was. LOL

I am just here to sell my grip stuff as I've lost a lot of my grip strength since getting into endurance sports.  

I got you! PM incoming. 

• Like 1

Welcome everyone.

this will be the best forum you will ever be part of.

• Like 2

On 10/1/2023 at 8:44 PM, duck_buttersworth said:

Hi all!  

Welcome @duck_buttersworth!

• Like 1

Guest DavidStrong

Hi Everyone,

I am David, 37 years old, based in Silicon Valley (but was born and raised in the midwest). I'm a former high school Karate champion and I have done some sort of fitness for a lot of my life. I have done strength training but I am far from a power lifter or a strong man competitor. I have been fascinated with grip strength since studies have shown that a strong sign of how long you will live is your grip strength. Looking forward to learning from you all and to celebrate our victories. I have been trying to find my "tribe" and hopefully I have :) Thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I've just signed up, my name is Oliver and I'm from England. I started grip training in our first lockdown when all the gyms were closed back in 2020. 

It all started with the No.3 Captains of Crush gripper and the rest is history I guess. 

I've done a few UK based grip competitions now and I'm lucky enough to be part of the Gods of Grip team. 

I am currently training towards the Swedish Grip Warz competition in December. 

I'm interested in ticking off some grip feats along the way and I've just posted in the feat judging section under the topic "Combo: 2x20kg Pinch and 20kg Plate Curl". I hope I posted it in the right section if not my apologies. If you could give me some feedback that'd be great 👍🏻

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, oli_dilley said:

It all started with the No.3 Captains of Crush gripper and the rest is history I guess.

Welcome! Dang dude, you're starting off right. 

• Like 2

On 10/7/2023 at 2:49 PM, Guest DavidStrong said:

Hi Everyone,

I am David, 37 years old, based in Silicon Valley (but was born and raised in the midwest). I'm a former high school Karate champion and I have done some sort of fitness for a lot of my life. I have done strength training but I am far from a power lifter or a strong man competitor. I have been fascinated with grip strength since studies have shown that a strong sign of how long you will live is your grip strength. Looking forward to learning from you all and to celebrate our victories. I have been trying to find my "tribe" and hopefully I have :) Thanks. 

9 minutes ago, oli_dilley said:

Hi all,

I've just signed up, my name is Oliver and I'm from England. I started grip training in our first lockdown when all the gyms were closed back in 2020. 

I've done a few UK based grip competitions now and I'm lucky enough to be part of the Gods of Grip team. 

I am currently training towards the Swedish Grip Warz competition in December. 

I'm interested in ticking off some grip feats along the way and I've just posted in the feat judging section under the topic "Combo: 2x20kg Pinch and 20kg Plate Curl". I hope I posted it in the right section if not my apologies. If you could give me some feedback that'd be great 👍🏻

Welcome!

• Like 2

Hello grip-folk,

I'm Jesse, a long-time rock climber with a passion for bouldering and putting up new climbs in Colorado's high country. Late summer 2022, I started specifically training grip to recover from a pulley injury and decided I quite like it as its own pursuit. I have competed in three competitions so far, with two more upcoming, and have been lucky enough to have had some success with a few 59 and 66kg weight class records. In 2017, I had bilateral thumb surgery to repair torn UCLs, so it feels particularly good to have strong, healthy hands despite that hurdle. 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone! My name is Isaac, or Izzy. I do not have any monumental achievements like some of you, but I have been increasingly very interested in grip, and I have been enjoying the journey of working my way up. 

I am 6’1”, 200 lbs. But my story starts in early 2022 when I weighed 275 lbs. I had no muscle, didn’t take care of my health, hated my body,  and all around I was just deteriorating despite being only 24 years old. What surprised me was my passion I quickly developed for my fitness and weight lifting, though I am no powerifter by any means, benching a 230 lb max. But I never worked out or lifted weights growing up as a kid or teenager, so this has changed my life for the better and progress has been rather solid. 

I got my act together and brought my weight all the way down to 175 by April of this year before I started bulking and becoming a lot stronger. This was when I ordered the Captains of Crush grippers, though I had tried some cheaper Amazon grippers off and on for a few months prior, and became very interested in working my way up to a potential certification someday on the COC #3! 

I have a long way to go. In mid July I closed the COC #2 (not CCS) for the first time, and in mid-late October I did the same finally with the #2.5. Now I have started to get my grippers rated and buy lots of variations to fill in those gaps, further enhancing my training. I am no professional athlete or competitor in this space, but it has been something that I enjoy so much as a hobby! And watching videos online and learning about many of you in this community has been genuinely fun and motivational! 

I just signed up on here and look forward to spending some time reading and picking up new knowledge!

Ending on a more personal note, I now feel much healthier and better about myself altogether. I am single and about to turn 26. I am patiently waiting to meet the right woman for me someday to eventually marry, and I now am motivated more than ever to focus on myself, take care of my health, and no longer rot away. But whoever she may be, she drives me every day though I don’t even know her yet, and I am beyond excited to someday spoil her with a rare level of fitness despite having been so overweight for so many years before. But at the very least, I am finally taking good care of myself both for me, and for her, though it may be some time before I meet her. I also want to be a father who is active and healthy, and able to enjoy life and play with my kids. 

Why do I share these thoughts? Because this journey is both just good ol’ fun sometimes, but also deep and emotional in its own way! I wanted to share my progress and introduce myself, and it just isn’t the full story without sharing a bit of my emotions with you all, so you can understand fully where I’m coming from. The mid twenties as a single man can be an emotional time, and one of development and preparation for my future in my case. I am finally taking those emotions and applying them properly. No longer feeling down all the time, but transforming them into motivation to better myself! 

I am happy to be here and can’t wait to meet everyone! 

Edited by IzzyGrasp
  • Like 6

11 minutes ago, IzzyGrasp said:

Hello everyone! My name is Isaac, or Izzy. I do not have any monumental achievements like some of you, but I have been increasingly very interested in grip, and I have been enjoying the journey of working my way up. 

I am 6’1”, 200 lbs. But my story starts in early 2022 when I weighed 275 lbs. I had no muscle, didn’t take care of my health, hated my body,  and all around I was just deteriorating despite being only 24 years old. What surprised me was my passion I quickly developed for my fitness and weight lifting, though I am no powerifter by any means, benching a 230 lb max. But I never worked out or lifted weights growing up as a kid or teenager, so this has changed my life for the better and progress has been rather solid. 

I got my act together and brought my weight all the way down to 175 by April of this year before I started bulking and becoming a lot stronger. This was when I ordered the Captains of Crush grippers, though I had tried some cheaper Amazon grippers off and on for a few months prior, and became very interested in working my way up to a potential certification someday on the COC #3! 

I have a long way to go. In mid July I closed the COC #2 (not CCS) for the first time, and in mid-late October I did the same finally with the #2.5. Now I have started to get my grippers rated and buy lots of variations to fill in those gaps, further enhancing my training. I am no professional athlete or competitor in this space, but it has been something that I enjoy so much as a hobby! And watching videos online and learning about many of you in this community has been genuinely fun and motivational! 

I just signed up on here and look forward to spending some time reading and picking up new knowledge!

Ending on a more personal note, I now feel much healthier and better about myself altogether. I am single and about to turn 26. I am patiently waiting to meet the right woman for me someday to eventually marry, and I now am motivated more than ever to focus on myself, take care of my health, and no longer rot away. But whoever she may be, she drives me every day though I don’t even know her yet, and I am beyond excited to someday spoil her with a rare level of fitness despite having been so overweight for so many years before. But at the very least, I am finally taking good care of myself both for me, and for her, though it may be some time before I meet her. I also want to be a father who is active and healthy, and able to enjoy life and play with my kids. 

Why do I share these thoughts? Because this journey is both just good ol’ fun sometimes, but also deep and emotional in its own way! I wanted to share my progress and introduce myself, and it just isn’t the full story without sharing a bit of my emotions with you all, so you can understand fully where I’m coming from. The mid twenties as a single man can be an emotional time, and one of development and preparation for my future in my case. I am finally taking those emotions and applying them properly. No longer feeling down all the time, but transforming them into motivation to better myself! 

I am happy to be here and can’t wait to meet everyone! 

Awesome story, dude.  Welcome!

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Hey fellas!

My name is Josh. I’m a musician, fly fisher, and a line cook. I’ve recently grown interest in the grip scene, and I’d love to compete sometime soon. I’m 20 years old, 5’9”, and 155 lbs as of today.

I started lifting for general self improvement about 3.5 years ago, staying consistent for the last year. Recently I’ve hit a 405 conventional deadlift (hook), 267 DOH axle deadlift, 335 zercher deadlift, and a 215 push press. Nothing crazy yet, but I’m going places. I’ve also been dabbling in weightlifting and stone lifting. Two of my bucket list items are lifting the Inch dumbbell and making a full lap with the Húsafell stone.

Hopefully I’ll meet some of you in person soon.

• Like 5