NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

19 hours ago, Vinny F said:

Official first post after I first signed up in Nov 2004!!!  

47, originally from NY.Longtime (25 years) trainee under Dr. Ken Leistner, former powerlifter at Iron Island and overall strength & grip fan.

Live in NC now. Met up w/great guys here and entering first grip contests in fall.

Welcome back @Vinny F!

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Vinny F said:

47, originally from NY.Longtime (25 years) trainee under Dr. Ken Leistner, former powerlifter at Iron Island and overall strength & grip fan.

Live in NC now. Met up w/great guys here and entering first grip contests in fall.

Welcome back. The world sure was a different place back then.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello.

Metalworker in the heating element idustry. Work mostly on a lathe everyday. I'm a hobby armwrestler for 5 years now. 190cm 136kg. Was bored and needed motivation for training so I complained to a buddy and he told me to join a club near my hometown in south Finland. Hooked ever since. This years national tournament I placed 5th on left hand and 9th on right in the superheavy division. Train mostly for that. But, when I started and knew nothing about anything I ordered a CoC 2.5 having no idea what I was doing. Opened the package and could close it. Thought it would help me in armwrestling.... Turns out there are more effective methods for THAT sport. Having a strong hand is good though and I just kept on trying to train that on the side. Now I'm a few millimeters from closing the CoC 3.5 but have been for some time now and have a feeling I could use some new methods in my attempts to up my game.

Found myself to this forum today because I was looking for an armwrestling forum, shocker, but the owner had deleted it and turned it into a newsletter (armwrestlingforums.com). I don't like the modern social media for discussion it's too full of trolls etc. So, google suggested this site and I thought to myself well might as well join and learn something new instead.

Video of closing the CoC 2.5, 3.0, and, attempt the 3.5 Not with a card that is too hard for me.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/6qmZM9G_pME
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/1vhwyXpFeJc
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Q_WpIawNpCY

Further than that I'll mostly be lurking, reading, learning and possibly asking some training questions from time to time. 

Thanks,

Harald

• Like 4

Welcome Harald, Good camera angles on your clips. I'm sure you will pick up many tips here.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Harald Arnold-Larsen said:

Hello.

Metalworker in the heating element idustry. Work mostly on a lathe everyday. I'm a hobby armwrestler for 5 years now. 190cm 136kg. Was bored and needed motivation for training so I complained to a buddy and he told me to join a club near my hometown in south Finland. Hooked ever since. This years national tournament I placed 5th on left hand and 9th on right in the superheavy division. Train mostly for that. But, when I started and knew nothing about anything I ordered a CoC 2.5 having no idea what I was doing. Opened the package and could close it. Thought it would help me in armwrestling.... Turns out there are more effective methods for THAT sport. Having a strong hand is good though and I just kept on trying to train that on the side. Now I'm a few millimeters from closing the CoC 3.5 but have been for some time now and have a feeling I could use some new methods in my attempts to up my game.

Found myself to this forum today because I was looking for an armwrestling forum, shocker, but the owner had deleted it and turned it into a newsletter (armwrestlingforums.com). I don't like the modern social media for discussion it's too full of trolls etc. So, google suggested this site and I thought to myself well might as well join and learn something new instead.

Video of closing the CoC 2.5, 3.0, and, attempt the 3.5 Not with a card that is too hard for me.

Further than that I'll mostly be lurking, reading, learning and possibly asking some training questions from time to time. 

Thanks,

Harald

Welcome to the Gripboard! @Harald Arnold-Larsen

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jellybarbe said:

hello guys,

Im new to this channel!

My name is Jelle but everybody calls me jelly, living in Aalst, Belgium :)

My pinch block record is 44kg and im very intrested in learning more about grip sport to up this number )) the video you can find on my IG; https://www.instagram.com/tv/CiAkMV9AizU/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Happy to meet all of you!

Welcome! 

16 hours ago, Harald Arnold-Larsen said:

Hello.

Thanks,

Harald

Welcome.

lots of stuff to learn here.  I'm not the biggest social media guy guy theres a group on facebook called grip strength i think and theres some good stuff there as well. 

On 7/29/2022 at 11:16 PM, Malice40 said:

Hey everyone!  My name is Russ Farver. I’m 6’ tall, 49 years old and just started training grip again after an 11 year hiatus.

A few people here might remember me back when my user name was Malice. I had to create a new account since the old one was under a Hotmail email account I don’t use anymore. My old YouTube channel is called crazygusto which has vids including my mash monster certifications. I can’t access that either cuz it’s under the same hotmail account. 

Back then I certified Mash Monster 1 and 2. You can still see the threads in the mash monster certifications sub forums under the name Russ Farver. Unfortunately I’m no where near that strength level now but a couple weeks ago when I started playing with grippers again I was still able to (barely) close the 2.5 from a CCS righty. We won’t talk about lefty…lol. In the last couple weeks I’ve been training 3x a week using CCS only and am closing the 2.5 both hands and getting my 153# #3 down to just under parallel lefty and to about 1/2” righty. I haven’t started doing and pinch or thick bar stuff yet but am having fun with grippers for now. 

At some point over the last decade I lost my Mash Monster certs and no longer have my old computer so don’t have the pdf files so my goals are to recertify and hopefully go even higher this time. Also to get on the damn Ironmind #3 list finally. I should’ve done it back in 2012 when I was strong enough but I wanted to do it with both hands and do the red nail all at the same time. Then of course I injured my wrist at work and got out of grip training and never did any of that. So now here I am old, gray and weak and trying to climb back up the ladder. 

Old and gray?  I don't know your hair color but 49 isn't old yet.  I got into grip for the FIRST time at 48, and certed the COC 3 at 52.  I don't think this amount of age is as detrimental to grip as it is for things like speed and stamina, where I really do notice myself lagging as time progresses.  But the crush and pinch stuff is still getting better for me I think, at least as of the last time I went to a comp.  I have gotten lazy since the cert though, since I am not really settled on a next goal yet.  But welcome, and I look forward to reading of your progress back to and beyond your MM2.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2022 at 2:24 PM, Vinny F said:

Looking forward to meeting you at the NC comp next month.  What weight class are you?  I'm 83kg.  Unless I eat too much.  My scale is broken so I have no idea how close it is gonna be, usually I have to watch it the last few days.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Looking forward to meeting you at the NC comp next month.  What weight class are you?  I'm 83kg.  Unless I eat too much.  My scale is broken so I have no idea how close it is gonna be, usually I have to watch it the last few days.

Looking forward to meeting you to!

I'll be 74 kg class. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Vinny F said:

Looking forward to meeting you to!

I'll be 74 kg class. 

That's the weight class I SHOULD be in, absent the flab.  Maybe next year ...

• Haha 2

Hello. I'm a lifetime office worker that took up grip training as a hobby about 6 months back. I have also lifted weights semi seriously for 14+ years. I am trying to learn the smaller finesses of grip training - specificly I am looking for smart ways to train grip and especially thumb and such because it's my obvious weak point.

I was about 20mm from closing a very hard CoC#2 NS first time ever trying a gripper, and have been spending 5 months doing just the #1 and 2# a bit on and off. I got the #2.5 and 3# fresh a few days ago, and am now confidently crushing CoC#2.5 from a credit card set. I have been within 8-10mm from a CoC#3 NS close from the day I got it, and this has REALLY riled up my motivation to someday close a #3 CCS.

I have 8" hands, with a 7" wrist.

uhhh.. well, I got proof as well, just search up my alias on youtube, very easy to find.

That's all for now; now I'll just be checking out tips and tricks and maybe ask a question or two

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Dennis Thorson said:

Hello. I'm a lifetime office worker that took up grip training as a hobby about 6 months back. I have also lifted weights semi seriously for 14+ years. I am trying to learn the smaller finesses of grip training - specificly I am looking for smart ways to train grip and especially thumb and such because it's my obvious weak point.

I was about 20mm from closing a very hard CoC#2 NS first time ever trying a gripper, and have been spending 5 months doing just the #1 and 2# a bit on and off. I got the #2.5 and 3# fresh a few days ago, and am now confidently crushing CoC#2.5 from a credit card set. I have been within 8-10mm from a CoC#3 NS close from the day I got it, and this has REALLY riled up my motivation to someday close a #3 CCS.

uhhh.. well, I got proof as well, just search up my alias on youtube, very easy to find.

That's all for now; now I'll just be checking out tips and tricks and maybe ask a question or two

Welcome! Sounds like you are off to a great start.. There is a lot of good knowledge here.

17 hours ago, Dennis Thorson said:

Welcome @Dennis Thorson

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello my name is Lewis and I am from Wales in Great Britain. I am 36 years old, 6’1 and 97kg (215lbs). I am a former competitive powerlifter and U105kg strongman.

My best lifts are 260kg (585) squat 180kg (405) bench and 320kg (705) deadlift in the 100kg (220) class Raw. Log and axle press 150kg (330) 

Really looking into getting into Armlifting now. Currently I have a 170kg DOH axle deadlift and a 85kg Rolling thunder. I can almost close a No. 3 COC gripper.

Edited by Lewisg
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Lewisg said:

Hello my name is Lewis and I am from Wales in Great Britain. I am 36 years old, 6’1 and 97kg (215lbs). I am a former competitive powerlifter and U105kg strongman.

My best lifts are 260kg (585) squat 180kg (405) bench and 320kg (705) deadlift in the 100kg (220) class Raw. Log and axle press 150kg (330) 

Really looking into getting into Armlifting now. Currently I have a 170kg DOH axle deadlift and a 85kg Rolling thunder. I can almost close a No. 3 COC gripper.

Wow, my man you’re mad strong🥶!

Welcome!

1 hour ago, Lewisg said:

Welcome! 

Very strong, i think you could put a good dent in grip.

Thanks guys much appreciated! I am training Armlifting regularly now alongside my general strength training. I may start a training log on here so it gives an example of training strength and grip training combined.

• 4 weeks later...

I am Brian, 52, in Asheville, NC, USA. I've done powerlifting and some odd lifting. I competed in an oddlifting contest with DODL 1.9' axle. I paid extra attention to double overhand deadlifting after that contest. I've done some grip work off and on over the years. I have the full run of Heavy Grippers. I still haven't closed the 200# yet. I am aware that is likely in the 100-120# range. I hit 50kg on my dynamometer shortly after I got it. I'm now topping 55kg after a few months. 

My primary interest in grip is open hand work. I want to lift the Inch dumbbell. Training is progressing nicely. I have a few implements from Arm Assassin to help me on my journey. I've read through all of the new member pages. It's interesting to see where peoples' strengths and weaknesses lie. I'm lagging in crush grip and pinch grip but am fairly strong in open hand. My powerlifting numbers are about average.

I've been an ultrarunner for 16 years and have run 90 ultramarathons. I'll go ahead and list my best maxes. The powerlifting numbers are a bit lower now.

deadlift           500#  255kg

squat              385#  175kg

bench             300#  136kg

overhand deadlift   375#  170kg

overhand axle deadlift   270#  122kg  (in contest)

overhead press  263#  119kg

circus db   130#  59kg (push press, in contest)

high bar trap bar   560#  255kg

strict curl    165#  75kg

Dinnie trainers  470#  213kg

Atlas stone simulator  293#  133kg (to waist)

Heavy Grips  150#

log  215#  97kg

trap bar farmers walk  500#  227kg 25 yards 23m

Genie ball ~45#  20kg

Genie hilt  140#  63.5kg

IM hub  30#  13.5kg

Holle-it-up 2 3/8 db  171# 77.5kg off ground  166#  75kg to lockout 

Goals:

lift the Inch

lift the Dinnie stones

250# log press

150# overhead db

#2 CoC grippers

work on small implement lifting

Edited by Brian Beduhn
typo
  • Like 1

On 10/1/2022 at 7:45 AM, Lewisg said:

Welcome @Lewisg!

On 10/27/2022 at 12:01 PM, Brian Beduhn said:

I am Brian, 52, in Asheville, NC, USA. I've done powerlifting and some odd lifting. I competed in an oddlifting contest with DODL 1.9' axle. I paid extra attention to double overhand deadlifting after that contest. I've done some grip work off and on over the years. I have the full run of Heavy Grippers. I still haven't closed the 200# yet. I am aware that is likely in the 100-120# range. I hit 50kg on my dynamometer shortly after I got it. I'm now topping 55kg after a few months. 

My primary interest in grip is open hand work. I want to lift the Inch dumbbell. Training is progressing nicely. I have a few implements from Arm Assassin to help me on my journey. I've read through all of the new member pages. It's interesting to see where peoples' strengths and weaknesses lie. I'm lagging in crush grip and pinch grip but am fairly strong in open hand. My powerlifting numbers are about average.

I've been an ultrarunner for 16 years and have run 90 ultramarathons. I'll go ahead and list my best maxes. The powerlifting numbers are a bit lower now.

deadlift           500#  255kg

squat              385#  175kg

bench             300#  136kg

overhand deadlift   375#  170kg

overhand axle deadlift   270#  122kg  (in contest)

overhead press  263#  119kg

circus db   130#  59kg (push press, in contest)

high bar trap bar   560#  255kg

strict curl    165#  75kg

Dinnie trainers  470#  213kg

Atlas stone simulator  293#  133kg (to waist)

Heavy Grips  150#

log  215#  97kg

trap bar farmers walk  500#  227kg 25 yards 23m

Genie ball ~45#  20kg

Genie hilt  140#  63.5kg

IM hub  30#  13.5kg

Holle-it-up 2 3/8 db  171# 77.5kg off ground  166#  75kg to lockout 

Goals:

lift the Inch

lift the Dinnie stones

250# log press

150# overhead db

#2 CoC grippers

work on small implement lifting

Welcome @Brian Beduhn!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, everyone. I'm WenQiang Zhao from China. I am 20 years old  171cm tall and 65kg weight. I started grip training one years ago. Now I can close a COC#3 gripper with GHP block. Although I know this is not outstanding in gripboard, but I will work hard to have a stronger grip strength😁

Many thanks to "WoLi Ba", I have learned a lot of knowledge about grip training. And I think I will gain more in gripboard.

Hope to have a pleasent exchange with everyone.

PS: My English is not very good, so if I type something wrong, please understand.

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, Guang Nian said:

Hello, everyone. I'm WenQiang Zhao from China. I am 20 years old  171cm tall and 65kg weight. I started grip training one years ago. Now I can close a COC#3 gripper with GHP block. Although I know this is not outstanding in gripboard, but I will work hard to have a stronger grip strength😁

Many thanks to "WoLi Ba", I have learned a lot of knowledge about grip training. And I think I will gain more in gripboard.

PS: My English is not very good, so if I type something wrong, please understand.

It's actually really good at that body size.

And welcome to the board.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guang Nian said:

Welcome @Guang Nian!